Start by marking “Good (Too Good, #1)” as Want to Read:
Good (Too Good, #1)

Good (Too Good #1)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  4,308 ratings  ·  653 reviews
Cadence Miller is a good girl. She just happens to make one terrible mistake her junior year in high school which costs her ten months in juvenile detention. Now a senior, she's lost everything: her best friend, the trust of her parents, driving privileges, Internet access. It's a lonely existence.

But there is one bright spot: Mark Connelly, her very cute, very off-limits
Published August 25th 2013 by Penny Press Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Good, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good

Slammed by Colleen HooverGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardEasy by Tammara WebberVampire Academy by Richelle MeadLosing It by Cora Carmack
Student-Teacher Affair Novels
14th out of 189 books — 1,149 voters
Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardSlammed by Colleen HooverLosing It by Cora CarmackGabriel's Rapture by Sylvain ReynardPoint of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
Student-Teacher-Professor romance!
15th out of 136 books — 416 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog

My casting for Mark & Cadence:

*** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ***

Holy taboo!! (4.5 stars)

Goodwas a well-written, rebellious romance that defied rules and crossed lines. Bold. Daring. Forbidden.

The dedication at the beginning set the tone for the whole story:

To lovers who fought the odds. And won.

To give a little bit of background,Good is a New Adult student/teacher romance but there is nothing sugar-coated about it. I loved that the author wasn't afraid to explore such a controversial, unconv
Kristin (KC)
Oct 11, 2014 Kristin (KC) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kristin (KC) by: Amy (Foxy)

*S. Walden has shared an exclusive alternate POV scene from Good ! It's the scene where Cadence drinks wine for the first time with Mark, and can be found here: http://www.truestorybookblog.com/2013...

*4.5 Stars!*

Good:
adjective bet·ter, best.
morally excellent; virtuous; righteous; pious: a good man.
satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher;
of high quality; excellent.

But who's to judge?

I've come to expect that certain things will happen when I read a Summer Walden book: My bo
Amy (Foxy)
***4.5 Forbidden Stars***

Ms. Walden is the Queen of shock. One thing you are guaranteed when you open one her stories is to be pushed out of your comfort zone. Good does not disappoint in making me squirm. Books that break you out of your norm deserve a try and this book is one of those.

The forbidden love affair between a highschool student / teacher is compelling. Eleven years between them makes their forbidden love even more naughty. Cadence Miller: 17-year-old high school student. Mark Conne
Leah
Aug 28, 2013 Leah added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Leah by: my obsession with teacher/student romance novels

I am not going to review this book directly. It's not my place to do so, and there will be plenty of other reviews that touch on both the things I liked and disliked.

Instead, I'm going to discuss what makes the teacher/student romance trope work for me...and, in this case, not work. Massive spoilers ahead.

(view spoiler)
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤

3,5 STARS

At the beginning I wasn't sure how to rate this book.I had some problems with the reading of this but still I think that is a good story!!

This is a story about Cadence...
She is a student who had a bad moment in her junior year in hight school and she was in juvenile detention for ten mounths.

Now she is back...but without friends..Her parents do not trust her anymore and they have her limited..She feels sad and alone.

Until the moment she met Mark her 28 years old math teacher!!
From the b
Natasha is a Book Junkie
I will start this review by pointing out that love stories of forbiddenness and passionate affairs between teachers and students are my undoing. I love the illicitness, the hiding around, the inability to stay away from each other even when being together could cost them everything in their lives, so I dove into this story with a receptive frame of mind, expecting it to rock my socks off. But what it did instead is leave me distraught, shaking in a corner, desperate to get some of those images o ...more
Taryn at My Secret Romance

This is how I feel right now after finishing this book. Gotta love gifs.

I know, I know she did not leave me like this. She couldn't possibly, right? I'm about to go ape shit crazy right now!

W.T.F.

I don't go fan girl crazy. Ever. It's not in my bones to, but imma about to go stage 5 clinger crazy and get into my car and drive up to Georgia to find this author!
[image error]
And once I do, I'm going to duct tape her to a wall and make her tell me in detail what is to come in this series! BECAUSE I
 ✿Alyssa✿
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: Cadence Miller is a good girl. She just happens to make one terrible mistake her junior year in high school which costs her ten months in juvenile detention. Now a senior, she’s lost everything: her best friend, the trust of her parents, driving privileges, Internet access. It’s a lonely existence.

But there is one bright spot: Mark Connelly, her very cute, very off-limits 28-year-old calculus teacher. She falls hard for him—a ridiculous sc
Glass
Review from Way Too Hot Books

I have no idea how to start this review. Was Good what I expected? Did I like it? Hate it? Was I completely turned on after reading steamy scenes? And then disgusted by myself because he is her teacher? Not to mention ten years older? Is this a story about abuse? Could it be considered as darker romance novel? What was the point with all religious aspects of the story? Well, one thing is sure - this is taboo read.

You shall have no sex before you're married. I have to
La-Lionne
Enough with barely legal girls and creepy, perverted teachers love stories already.

description

The only reason I'm not giving 1 star is because the first 30% of the book was kind of alright, and I liked the old lady that Cadence met. The rest made little to no sense. At the beginning I even got the Gabriel's Inferno vibe, but later, it turned out that it was nothing like it, not even close.

* * *WARNING SPOILERS* * *

We have Cadence, who is 17 year old, doing community work for getting herself into trouble, t
Natalie★for the love of TBH!★
Nov 16, 2014 Natalie★for the love of TBH!★ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE

★★★ Good was so...good, amazing, awsome, incredible. Fantastic. I'M A HOT MESS RIGHT NOW!

This book was so unexpectedly good! The heroine Candence was pretty great and awsome. Sometimes she really got on my nerves though, with her insecurity and her immature behaviour. But I guss that is to be expected of a 17/18 year old, Still, sometimes I couldn´t really understand why Markus wanted to take such a big risk with her. And especially her god worship. She felt like a timebomb, to be honest. But th
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
3.5 ★'s

The Premise:

Cadence made a huge mistake and is paying dearly for it which basically means, she's totally alone. That is until she meets Mark Connelly, or more importantly, Mr. Connelly, her math teacher.

The Lure:

The forbidden teacher/student affair.

The Characters:

Cadence - at first, I was a bit sympathetic but as time went on, her immaturity just really got to me.

Mark - I really liked him for the most part although it did feel a bit creepy how he went after Cadence. The thing is the
Kirsty
LIVE on Amazon riiiighhhhttt NOW. Go one-click!

* 5 forbidden stars *

description

I apologise in advance for bad language but this book was fucking incredible. Completely. Totally. Absolutely out of this world. I loved it.

Cadence has spent the last year of her life in what she considers hell. She's been in juvie for committing one of the stupidest (I admit though, I giggled when I finally found) crimes. As part of her punishment whilst in juvie she has to pick up trash on the side of the highway. Humiliatio
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews | Find Me on Facebook

Good by S. Walden is not good, it’s flippin’ AMAZING! Yes, Amazing! I DEVOURED this book in one long giant sitting and this is not a short book. I could not put it down; I was completely captivated by the story and characters. Good was a book I stopped existing for just so I could read it. Who cares about dinner or laundry or feeding my husband when I had Good on my kindle to read? It is one of my favorite books I have read all summer.

Casting:

When I foun
Patrycja
I'm not in the mood for full review, so I'm going straight to the point. I can't wrap my head around the fact than nearly first 30% of this book were fantastic. Funny, amusing and sexy with heroine that was strong, kick ass as well as likeable. As for Mark The Teacher I couldn't think about a single flaw in his character, I just fell in love with him. But after they got together things started to get downhill. Candence started acting like the biggest fucking idiot in the world, being a weirdo an ...more
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Love Love Loved it!! I couldn't put it down. This story kept me engaged! A huge 5 stars and would recommend it if you are looking for an excellent forbidden romance.
Angie **loves angst**
DNF at 24%

I always tell my Kindergarteners "Be sure to finish whatever you start. You can do it." But in this case I just couldn't do it. If I could use one word to describe this book it would be "weird." It left me feeling very uncomfortable. Since I didn't read all of it I won't rate it.
Zaria

I am going to be very quick about this one…..
It just didn't make any sense at all

Mark Connelly stands Synonym to immature pedophile
He makes "love" to her while she is still underage, (view spoiler) and then gives her a a very educational biology lesson about pregnancy and abortion....

“But if I were, you’d want me to kill the baby?” I pressed. I felt lightheaded.
“It’s not a baby. It’s a parasite.”
I gasped and watched him shudder.
“A parasite?” I whispered.
“I’m so
Lise *friends don't flag*
2.5-3.0 huh... well... stars...

GOOD....sort of

I absolutely adored S. Walden’s book, Going Under by S. Walden. It was really well done and I felt so many emotions and totally connected to the characters and storyline. So… when I had the opportunity to read and review an ARC of Good, I was all over it.
I am a sucker for a ‘good’ forbidden romance between a teacher and student and have thoroughly enjoyed several in this genre such as:

A Different Blue by Amy Harmon, Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover and Unteachable by Leah Raeder….

Unfortunately, this one did not fall into the same Oooo-I-likey category of
Ashley
Nose Graze — Young Adult book reviews

I knew that Good was going to be an iffy, controversial book. It's about a student-teacher relationship, and that's a tough thing to pull off successfully. In order for me to go along with it, I'd have to totally and completely get involved and invested in the relationship; they'd have to convince me that it's something truly worth having. Unfortunately I don't think I was totally convinced.

I understand how some people could fall for the relationship in Good
Jo ❤
"Love comes in all kinds of packages. Some are neatly tied up, and some are messy. It doesn't mean that the messy ones aren't every bit as good"

I wish that were the case for me with this book but unfortunately, it's not. This was a hot mess and no it wasn't every bit as good.

This is a forbidden love story between a teacher and a student. I love teacher-student stories because they tend to be exciting and full of angst, not to mention, really hot. But sadly, this one missed the mark.

There was a
Mallory
5 so good stars

Good was pretty much all that I'd hoped it would be and more. It had the uber taboo cliche of a student/teacher relationship... and I freaking loved it.

Cadence is your typical high school senior.

She's a good girl who got caught up in something bad and had to pay the price. What I loved so much about her is that she was 17/18 years old and acted that way. She wasn't portrayed as a femme fatale out to trap her handsome, older teacher. She said and did things that 17 year girls do.
Ellelou
3.5 stars!

I'm still confused about rating this book. I didn't read any reviews prior to starting so I didn't know what to expect. Yes I knew it was a taboo story, teacher/student relationship but somehow I couldn't help feeling uncomfortable throughout the book. It was very difficult for me to fall for Mr Connelly "call me Marc", I just couldn't shake this bad vibe and I only saw him as a predator. Yes, I said it! He abused his position as a teacher and used her vulnerability and her weak state
Jucilene
Goooooooood!

What a surprising reading! I laughed so many times while I read! Totally worth my time!

I didn't felt like I'm all butterflies about Mark and fell in love for him as I used fall for the male characters. Sometimes I just thinking he was playing cool, nonchalant. I didn't felt all the passionate strings he said feel for Cadence. But, actually it's impossible be indifferent at him. Mark or Mr Connely is smart, fun and honest. I really enjoy his character. Is my fave character in the whol
Brandi
I don't really know how I want to rate this one...between 3.5-4 messy stars. Also I think I want to see where the second book takes me...

photo good_zpsdb70a690.jpg

I have to contemplate this for a bit..I was pushed out of my comfort zone - which I love. This author is great at pushing limits and always leaves me questioning myself. What is right or wrong - and what is it that determines how to rate our actions on that scale. I am still not sure how I feel...I will reevaluate in a few days :)

He’s cute. Very cute. And ve
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
DNF at 81%

It really pains me to not finish this one because I have loved EVERY.SINGLE.BOOK. of Ms. Walden's. If you haven't read Going Under yet, you need to jump on it immediately. Honeysuckle Love is my next favorite and I highly recommend you read it as well! Not your typical YA romance, that's for sure.

When it comes down to controversial and dark romance reads, Ms. Walden's name is always one of the firsts to pop up in my mind. Her ability to craft an intriguing, edgy story without being to
Kim Person
I received an ARC of Good in exchange for an honest opinion and I can HONESTLY say that I LOVED this book! OMG! The emotions that this book pulled from me had me .....

and when I figured out I couldn't put it down I was...

Cadence committed one mistake her junior year of high school ~ THE MISTAKE ~ and believe me she is paying for that same mistake on all fronts to the point where I wanted to...

people and then something's she went through just had me...

it was heart wrenching. Cadence saving grace
Michelle
"Love comes in all kinds of packages. Some are neatly tied up, and some are messy. It doesn't mean that the messy ones aren't every bit as good."

Let me first off say, there is always something intriguing about forbidden love. Who are we to say and judge who we can be with and not. So let me first warn you this book was not only about forbidden love but it deals with a controversial topic/ taboo about a relationship between student and teacher.

Good (Too Good, #1) was hard for me to review beca
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
review is also posted here : https://www.facebook.com/SLiTsReaD and here : http://wp.me/p3NHjQ-fK

holy moly...this is some read....

Cadence, she's a 17 years old teenager who is brought up on religious ways with church going parents and community... with a promise ring to never have sex till she get married... and she made a one big stupid mistake and is getting punished for it by her parents and the whole school and is trying to prove that she's tough and not affected by all bullies....

Mark Con
Elizabeth (Liz)
S. Walden has a natural gift for the unexpected, for the semi jaw-dropping, for the outright shocking, and for the taboo. She loves to challenge expectations and norms. She loves to make us think. Those are the things I’ve learned as fact about this author since reading, and loving, Going Under. This new book, Good, takes on the taboo of a romantic relationship between a high school student and her young, handsome, math teacher.

I will admit right now that I’m not normally a fan of teacher/stude
  • Veiled Innocence
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Unteachable
  • Nocturne
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • A Different Blue
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Edge of Darkness (Darkness Duet, #1)
  • Dissolution (Breach, #1.5)
  • Arsen: A Broken Love Story
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
  • Dangerous to Know & Love
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Loving Mr. Daniels
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • A Little Too Far (A Little Too Far, #1)
S. Walden used to teach English before making the best decision of her life by becoming a full-time writer. She lives in Georgia with her very supportive husband who prefers physics textbooks over fiction and has a difficult time understanding why her characters must have personality flaws. She is wary of small children, so she has a Westie instead. Her dreams include raising chickens and owning a ...more
More about S. Walden...
Going Under Better (Too Good, #2) LoveLines (The Wilmington Saga, #1) Honeysuckle Love Hoodie

“Love comes in all kinds of packages. Some are neatly tied up, and some are messy. It doesn't mean that the messy ones aren't every bit as good.” 15 likes
“It's not conditional. I don't love you because you love me. I love you because I love you.” 8 likes