Driven (The Driven Trilogy, #1)

Driven (The Driven Trilogy #1)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  21,572 ratings  ·  2,248 reviews
Rylee Thomas is used to being in control. But she’s about to meet the one man that just might make her enjoy losing it…

I am the exception to the rule.

In a world full of willing women, I’m a challenge to the roguish and achingly handsome Colton Donavan. A man used to getting exactly what he wants in all aspects of life. He’s the reckless bad boy constantly skating that raz...more
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 327 pages
Published May 8th 2013 by JKB Publishing

Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergCollide by Gail McHughBully by Penelope DouglasBeg by C.D. Reiss
Romance Debuts 2013
2nd out of 513 books — 3,579 voters
Raw by Belle AuroraCrashed by K. BrombergFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesInterview with a Master by Jason LukeWallbanger by Alice Clayton
Most Talked about Books on Facebook
8th out of 793 books — 1,516 voters

More lists with this book...

Alex

BR with Her Highness La-Lionne!! :D

FSoG, step aside! Make room for Driven, the new number 1 on The stupidest books ever written list!
Hosted by imgur.com

I'll break it down for you with quotes:

1% - And that’s when I hear them. The flirty, feminine giggle floats through the air, followed by the deep timber of a masculine moan. I freeze instantly, shocked at the audacity of our party’s attendees, when I hear the unmistakable sound of a zipper followed by a breathless but familiar feminine gasp of, “Oh yes!” in the dar...more
La-Lionne
*BR with Alex. We should do it more often ;-)*

You've got to be kidding me? Couldn't even finish, gave up at 43%. What a mess.

description

The story is absolutely ridiculous. We get yet another stupid thing falling out of some place and bumping into her prince charming. Can any of them walk a straight line anymore?

description

First there was Anna who fell into Christian's office, looked up and there he was. Then there was Eva who ran into Gideon, fell to her knees spilling her purse, looked up and there he was. Don't f...more
♡Karlyn P♡

1 'LOGIC FAIL AHEAD!' star

Gaaahhhh!! I hate Alpha Jerks with CHEESY lines, and the doormat women who swoon over them! This was almost a DNF so many times, but I actually finished it. Maybe because it was such a train wreck, I actually found myself wondering just how fucked up these two really are. The answer? THEY ARE SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP.

FIRST, MEET COLTON:
He is the typical misogynist A-hole alpha-jerk hero who believes himself too damaged for love, so he commits to sex-only relationships. He...more
Aestas Book Blog

^^^ my casting for Colton

*** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ***

Well, I'm officially in love with Colton Donavan and hooked on this series!

I'd been looking forward to starting this series for quite a while now. Honestly, I'd loved the sound it from the day I first heard about it but because of the cliffhangers, I was waiting to be able to read them all at once. Now that I've started it though, I totally get why so many readers are obsessed with these books!

The story followed Colton and Rylee. Rylee was...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo BlombergDrivenTitlebySueBee_zps8ad4b29c.jpg
 photo tumblr_luiha40xAU1qmzq91o1_500_zps9f2558d2.gif
★★★★! The Driven Trilogy, book 1, a Debut by K. Blomberg. Famous, rich, sexy & unattainable playboy & race car driver Colton Donavan’s fast and furious pursuit of broken and withdrawn regular girl, Rylee Thomas!

“I will revel in that moment with him which will be filled with reverent sighs and entangled bodies, and I’ll be devastated when he walks away after having his fill of me.”

The Driven Trilogy is the fast-paced whirlwind romance of an ordinary girl with a painful past, Rylee...more
4.5 OH. FUCKING. MY. STARS!!!!!!

My goal is to make you smile when reading this review, because I smiled so much in this book, my cheeks hurt!!!!

What are you doing right now? Well, stop it and read this book instead!!!

This book is for YOU.

Sexy. Sweet. Heart-warming. Bossy. Dirty.

This book made me FEEL.

I sigh into the welcoming silence, grateful for the chance to escape, even if only momentarily, from the mindsuck of the meaningless conversations on the other side of the door.

That is the first...more
Amber Rose
DNF at 45%

First let me start off with this might work for others but not every book is for everyone. This simply did not work for me. I do not want to discourage others from reading this book. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I am starting to lose my focus when it comes to the same type of books over and over told into several different ways. Yeah I liked them when they first came out almost 2 years ago but I'm over the helpless girl falling over a rich handsome guy who she cannot underst...more
Jess - A is for Alpha B is for Books

IT'S LIVE ON AMAZON.....

Full review now posted!!!!

Oh my HOLY. FREAKING. GOODNESS. THIS. BOOK. IS.... BEYOND. AMAZING.

I'm still trying to catch my breath... Man is this book AWESOME!!

The story is told from the perspective of Rylee Thomas.
26 yr. old Rylee works for Corporate Cares, a company that houses orphans. The state turns over their guardianship to her company. Corporate Care, houses kids who are at an age that the chance of adoptions are pr...more
Amy (Foxy)
*4.5 Racing Stars*

Before I started reading Driven I had heard people comparing it to Fifty Shades of Grey. I can see some similarities but to me it felt more like Bared to You. There were some cheesy lines like: "Me playing Ana to his Christian." Either way this book holds its own in entertaining the readers.

Colton is the bad boy with a sordid past. He's a famous racecar driver who has commitment issues. Reylee is the 'do-gooder' with a tragic past. These two are drawn to each other even thoug...more
Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Reads YA Like A Boss*
I hate to say this but I dnf'ed at 68%.

I just wasn't feeling it anymore. It started off really well, don't get me wrong this book is seriously well written and there is some extensive character development with some angst thrown in. But unfortunately it just wasn't enough for me.

I felt it was drawn out, I didn't like the heroine, Some of her behavior I understood but she had some serious self esteem issues. I mean everyone was a threat including her best friend. One minute she's sure of herself...more
Smitten's Book Blog
Marked as DNF at 32%.

Just too many things went wrong for me with this one. Such a shame, as I was so damn excited to read this book and started it right now because I felt like I needed a sure thing, that I could almost guarantee I'd love.

However, the all too frequent and cringe-worthy grammatical errors, the cheesy dialogue, the unbelievable (not in a good way) storyline, the ridiculous first encounter, the whole sentences randomly in italics, the fact that both the hero and the heroine pissed...more
~ Irene ♥s ~ Søren~Ben O'Callahan~Joe Callahan~Javier~Spin~Deacon~Isaac ~

Yet another DNF for me ... :(

photo boring_zps92edaa7c.gif

This book lost me at about 25% ... I think I got bored due to too much detail when it came to describing heroine's day to day activities.

Do I care what subject one of the kids at the shelter needs help with?? Not really.

Does this make me sound cold? I don't care.

Oh well ...

Onto the next!

Cheers!

BR this with my partners in crime, Jennifer and Rae :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hope it's a good one ...
Duchess Nicole
DNF
To be fair, I haven't given this a real shot...I only read about 25% of it. But this guy is just slaying me, and I keep cringing when he opens his overly sexual, cocky, condescending, egotistical, know-it-all mouth. I'm going to just give a few of my not so favorite quotes and move on to something I know I'll like. So, if you'd like a little taste, read on:

In order of appearance:
"You're lucky I don't drag you back in that storage closet I found you in and take what you offered. Make you cry o...more
Helena
HOLY SHIT...DAMN HOT...OH GOODNESS...FUCKING AMAZING...ummm...were to start? First of all I fucking LOVED this book. It is funny, heartwrenching and sexy as hell! Oh boy...Ladies did you meet Colton afuckingmazing Donovan yet?! NO? Stop doing whatever you're doing and start reading this book NOW!!! Colton a hot car racer -Hello ?! what more to say!...- okay just stick with 'sex on legs' 'fucks like he drives' 'lick on a stick' - you're sure will love him as much as I did!!!

'I want to take my tim...more
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus

So as usual I saw everyone reading this and I got jealous and wanted to read it too...
Oh and also cos of the pretty cover!!

But then I found it was a trilogy with a cliffhanger so I was all like ppfftt I'm not falling for that trick! I'll wait....

AND THEN
I read wayyyyy to emotionally charged books so I was all like.. man I need some sex...
 photo panties_zps71a1973c.gif

"Goodreads come at me with an alpha", and I remembered the delicious Colton Donovan that everyone was talking about it..
So I took the plunge!!

BOY AM I H...more
K. Bromberg
Apr 14, 2013 K. Bromberg rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm biased here...
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

♥♥♥ 3.75 "MIXED SIGNALS" STARS ♥♥♥

After reading a few mixed reviews, I wasn't to sure if I wanted to read this one or not. In the end, I decided to try it for myself and hope for the best. After a weird start to the book--which already had me thinking I might not end up liking it--I became quite hooked. And was pleasantly surprised to end up enjoying this book.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Let’s face it, you’re not a spend the night kind of guy, and I’m not a one-night stand kind of girl."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Elizabeth (Liz)
K. Bromberg, after a bit of a rough start, I have to admit that you’ve made a believer out of me. Do you think we can arrange for Mr. Colton Donovan to be taken on a test drive by yours truly?!

The rough start. Let’s get this out of the way. I was not a fan of the beginning of this story. Very early on, Driven seemed to be falling into the same trap many of the stories classified as erotic romance do. Rylee and Colton met for the first time, neither knowing who the other was, and immediately fell...more
Jen
This was a so-so book for me. I can't say that I loved it; but I certainly enjoyed parts of it. The sex scenes were written superbly, and the chemistry between Colton and Rylee was off the charts. As far as Ms. Bromberg's writing skills went, I thought she did a wonderful job, although I did have a few complaints with the story and how it resembled parts of other popular books. I counted at least three other stories that had come out more than a year ago, that had very similar ideas displayed as...more
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
I bet he fucks like he drives—a little reckless, pushing all the limits, and in it until the very last lap.

Oh yeah! That is exactly what it’s like! DRIVEN was a fast paced ride with lots of bumps and turns that had me guessing until the very last second. If you are looking for a happily ever after, you are not going to get it in this book, you are just going to have to buckle up and wait until the second installment for that!

But here’s what you are going to get: a strong and independent heroi...more
Miri
A FICTIONAL CHARACTER JUST FUCKED ME THROUGH A BOOK!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Wow!!!! This book was a rollercoaster of emotions for me! I cried, laugh, cried, cried. Ad. Cried!! Wow!! I freaking love love love love love love love (get my point) love Colton!! What is it about alpha make men!? I swear I love them!!

Anyways, Colton is amazing sexy, confident, cocky, arrogant, crazy at times but sweet Jesus that man has a way with words.

I love rylee too.. I thought she was so strong and l...more
Deeksha
1 Star

Around page 5-6,

The flirty, feminine giggle floats through the air , followed by the deep timber of a masculine moan. I freeze instantly , shocked at the audacity of our party's attendees ....... you couldn't pay me enough money to do something like that in public

Page 11,

My resistance [to his kiss] is futile and lasts seconds before I surrender to him . Instinctively I move my hands over the rasp of his unshaven neck........
......A slow seductive ballet highlighted with breathy moa
starsaga
Not good at all.
There was nothing good about this book and I read the entire 400+pages. The Hero was awful telling the heroine he would have her and then discard her, at their first meeting. The heroine did so many 360s she was constantly rotating in this book. She even says he is the expert at mixed messages but what she meant was that her nether bits controlled her behaviour and made her quite mixed up herself. Reading this was like taking the worst of This Man, In Flight and the Knight and Pl...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
3.5 stars.

I think this will probably be one of those series that I'll like better as they progress. I have to admit, I spent the first 80% of the book seriously frustrated with both Rylee and Colton. The push and pull - he wants her, she resists, she gives in, he pushes her away, she lets him, he pursues her, she resists, she gives in, she runs away, she comes back, he resists, he gives in.... It drove me flipin' cray-cray. I felt like I had whiplash from as the sudden stops and reverses.

Despi...more
Anja
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 4.5 Stars ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well...this book was full of clichés and for sure a bit predictable.

But you know what ..

I wanted ALPHA MALE . I got ALPHA MALE .

...and what a fine specimen of alpha *sigh*

I'm so glad that I have the 2nd book already on my kindle because it ends -- **I know** like all these kinds of books -- with a huge cliffhanger!

Janey
4.5 OH. FUCKING. MY Stars

Colton Donavan is a man that lets nothing slip through his golden hands. He is the famous, bad boy racing driver who's reputation is as well known as his status. He catches Rylee Thomas falling out of a backstage cupboard during a charity evening, and his candle is lit for her.

Rylee is still recovering from heartbreak & devastation that turned her world upside down a few years ago, and the last thing she needs is an arrogant, conceited manwhore...or is it?

I lurved th...more
Kelli C
I know I saw some dnf's for.this.book, but honestly, i was hooked...could not stop reading! I really dislike doing a true review for a book with no ending...so I will just,say I love Colton Donavan. yep, all kinds of baggage and character flaws, yet he was fabulous!

This was a bit slow..kinda predictable...and familiar, but hey its in my genre. I love a hot bad ass alpha with a soft side....I am onto book 2 because damn I'm gonna need some kind of answers after that ending!
MELISSA
Rylee Thomas aka Ryles is your typical rule following sweet do-gooder. She just kind of goes through the motions of life since a traumatic experience two years ago. She crosses paths one night at a work event with race car driver Colton Donovan aka Ace. Rylee is instantly drawn to Colton, but quickly realizes he is a major playboy and not really her usual type. He is gorgeous, arrogant, forward, crass, and doesn't do relationships. He only does "arrangements." As Rylee gets to know Colton she un...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Driven – K Bromberg

4.5 stars!!!!

I loved this book, and I totally fell in love with Colton Donovan, another one added to the little black book!! I highlighted loads during this book so I will share a few of my favourites…

“Let’s get one thing clear” he growls at me. “I. Do. Not. Take. What’s. Not. Offered. And we both know, sweetheart, you offered,” he smirks. “Willingly”.

“An angel fighting through the darkness or a devil breaking into the light?”

“I bet he f**ks like he drives – a little reckless,...more
Sammy ⭐️

I really enjoyed this book and was hooked right from the first page.

Rylee is a woman who has Been through the ringer after a tragic accident took her fiance from her she's been trying to put her life back together until she literally falls into the arms of Colton Donavan.

Colton is the ultimate Racing driver bad boy and a man used to getting what he want and he wants Rylee, even though he knows he'll break her in the long run.

"I want to take my time with you Rylee. I want to build you up...more
soo.. worth the read? 29 157 Jul 22, 2014 10:47AM
Swoon-worthy &amp...: Driven: Chapters 1 - 10 9 13 Jun 26, 2014 10:35PM
Swoon-worthy &amp...: Driven: Chapters 11-20 6 4 Jun 17, 2014 08:59AM
Swoon-worthy &amp...: Driven: Chapters 21- The End 7 7 Jun 16, 2014 07:16AM
The Temptation Se...: Driven, Fueled and Crashed April and May 13 16 Jun 03, 2014 01:54AM
Favorite Part 6 164 May 05, 2014 07:55PM
  • Found in You (Fixed, #2)
  • Storm Damages (Storm Damages, #1)
  • Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
  • Resist (Songs of Submission, #6)
  • Incineration (Heart of Stone, #1; NSC Industries, #2)
  • Close Up and Personal (Spotlight, #1)
  • Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy, #1)
  • Beauty from Surrender (Beauty, #2)
  • Knight & Stay (Knight, #2)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Beneath This Man (This Man, #2)
  • Eversea (Eversea, #1)
  • Pulse (Collide, #2)
  • Wreck Me (Wrecked, #1)
  • Wethering the Storm (The Storm, #2)
  • Belong to You (Cole, #1)
  • Zane (Alluring Indulgence, #2)
PURCHASE LINKS:

Driven (book #1):
Amazon: http://amzn.to/17a4rw3

Fueled (book #2):
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1447LVs

Crashed (book #3):
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HG05AZC

UnRaveled (A short story in the Bend Anthology)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1l1rEJi

Social Media Links:

twitter: @KBrombergDriven
More about K. Bromberg...
Fueled (The Driven Trilogy, #2) Crashed (The Driven Trilogy, #3) UnRaveled Slow Burn Sweet Ache

“I bet he fucks like he drives— a little reckless, pushing all the limits, and in it until the very last lap.” 141 likes
“Let’s face it, you’re not a spend the night kind of guy, and I’m not a one-night stand kind of girl.” 72 likes