Start by marking “Rome (Marked Men, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rome (Marked Men, #3)

Rome (Marked Men #3)

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  25,119 Ratings  ·  1,986 Reviews
Sometimes the wrong choice can be just right . . .

Fun and fearless, Cora Lewis knows how to keep her tattooed "bad boy" friends at the Marked in line. But beneath all that flash and sass is a broken heart. Cora won't let herself get burned again. She's waiting to fall in love with the perfect man—a baggage-free, drama-free guy ready for commitment. Then she meets Rome Arch
Published January 7th 2014 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Rome, please sign up.

Lula According with internet, Staff Sergeant and Master Serfeant are two differents ranks and between them is Sergean First Class... You may want to ask…moreAccording with internet, Staff Sergeant and Master Serfeant are two differents ranks and between them is Sergean First Class... You may want to ask Jay on Twitter. Sorry can't help.(less)
Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireReaper's Legacy by Joanna WyldeThe King by J.R. WardUnbeloved by Madeline SheehanTwisted by Emma Chase
2014♥ cant wait!
9th out of 969 books — 2,412 voters
Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverArcher's Voice by Mia SheridanBreakable by Tammara WebberTwisted by Emma ChaseBe with Me by J. Lynn
2014 Romantic Releases (Jan-May)
15th out of 699 books — 2,660 voters

More lists with this book...

Lisa

You can read my full review at Sinfully Sexy and enter to win some great prizes.

5 "HUGE-ASS" Stars

description

Rome by Jay Crownover is the third book in her Marked Men series. I absolutely loved and adored the first book in this series, Rule. I liked Jet, the second installment in this series, well enough but not as much as book one. So to state that I had high expectations going into this book would be quite the understatement. I have come to expect amazing storytelling that is both captivating and c
Monica Murphy
Dec 04, 2013 Monica Murphy rated it it was amazing
A few pages in and I already wanna climb Rome like a tree. There.

I said it.

This book gave me every one of the feels. Jay is brilliant. Rome is delicious. I adored him and Cora together. Sigh.....
Christy
4-4.5 Stars!!!

photo 16f3dd94-d0bc-45b1-b4d9-7d33d93827ea_zps22fbd484.jpg

Jay Crownover’s third installment of the Marked Men series was about Rule’s older brother, Rome (aka Captain no-fun) and his friend Cora (aka Tink or Half-pint). Rome had all the steam, fun loving moments and captivating characters that drew me in with Rule.

Rome Archer is back from his final tour with the Army. He is home and he’s not been himself since he’s been back. He has issues with his family, and his time spent at war left it's mark. He’s changed. And lets be honest, he’s
Lisa Jayne
Jan 13, 2014 Lisa Jayne rated it liked it
THREE ARCHER STARS.

description

Ever since starting the marked men series, I have been waiting impatiently to get my hands on the eldest Archer brother story. something about Rome made me girly giddy to hear his story and so it goes without saying that this was a highly anticipated book for me. Overall for the most part I enjoyed this story and the moody, broody, military hunk, but sadly there were not enough five star moments to turn this book into a, 'I loved this book' from a, 'I liked it book'. Here are
Jennifer Armentrout
Dec 04, 2013 Jennifer Armentrout rated it it was amazing
Ah, I loved this. So not what I was expecting, but in a good--no, great way. I think Rome might be my favorite out of all the guys so far.
Lili
Jan 07, 2014 Lili rated it it was amazing
 photo image_zps3a4939f1.jpg

Rome by Jay Crownover is the story of Rule's (Rule is from the first book of the Marked Men) older brother. Rome is home for good but is finding it difficult adjusting to being back from war. He feels guilt at being unable to keep all his men safe but also has not come to terms with the fact that his younger brother, who passed, kept his sexuality a secret from him. He feels like he's failed those around him.

Cora, is the feisty body modification artist at the shop. She has a no holds barred per
NiCoLeTa E.
***5 Imperfect Perfect stars from me***

Yep, it's officially... I'M AN ADDICT!!!
I just can not stop reading about these boys and girls...

Everytime that i finished one book from this series, i'm saying to myself "Now, you have to take a break and you will continue after"... but everytime i fail...

I think that it's Jay's fault. She is writing so good and every story is so great and different from the rest of them. I don't have to mention that in every epilogue she is driving me crazy and made me
Catarina
4,5 Stars.

This third book bring us the Archer brother number two (or number one, since he’s the oldest), Rome, who recently got out of army where he saw some things so bad that still haunts him.
It also bring us Cora, the sweet pixie-chick and best-friend of basically them all.
If you read the previous books you know that although Rome is a great guy, is going through some changes and some problems in this life that make him behave, well, like an asshole. But while everyone is letting it go an
Patrycja
Jan 02, 2014 Patrycja rated it really liked it

Title: Rome
Series: Marked Man #3
Release Date: January 7th, 2014
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: (view spoiler)

Jay Crownover’s done it once again! She totally mesmerized me by her amazing storytelling – Rome is poignant, compelling, knocking your socks off romance, that made me swoon, laugh and simply just have fun.

img

I utterly love Crownover for pulling something like that! It’s like she always has a different trick up her sleeve. Her easy, cute and incredibly romantic
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
4 stars!

Jay Crownover at her best!

I've read the previous three books in this series. And despite my initial issues with the editing (especially in Rule), I still recognized Ms. Crownover's masterful storytelling.

In Rome, she has proven once again that she can create flawed yet relatable characters. Couples that make you want to root for. Rome and Cora are no exception.

We met Rome during Rule's book and he's shown to be the good son, the all-American elder brother who keeps everyone in line. We
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
4/14/13 AUTHOR'S BLOG:

NEWSWORTHY:
I am Thrilled to announce that my amazing client Author Jay Crownover author of RULE has just accepted a 3 book deal, for titles RULE, JET AND ROME. This is a "significant deal" With William Morrow imprint of HarperCollins.

The Corvisiero Agency team extends their congratulations and is so over the moon excited for Jay! Way to Go! Jay you totally rocked it! Man oh man today has been crazy. Thank you for all the well wishes, it does this heart good to hear it....
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝

ROME OOO ROME
He was tall, way taller than the other guys, broad and strong and strapped muscles with short, dark hair cropped to his head

photo tumblr_inline_mis6vwXjTm1qz4rgp.gif

He was definitely effing hot and am also such a sucker for those military boys <3

photo tumblr_mjkqyxB1e91s2ep0do1_500.gif

As I was hoping to enjoy Rome more, but I couldn't, Cora kinda was annoyed me especially she went made an announcement!! (view spoiler)

Hence, everything after that, I was skimming through....I just felt their lo
♥Rachel♥
Aug 04, 2015 ♥Rachel♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved Rome! I thought Rule was my favorite in this series, but Rome is right up there with Rule. Cora and Rome are very much opposites on the outside, but matched perfectly in their beautiful hearts and souls! I adored this couple!

Cora is the spunky little friend with a sassy mouth, who works at the tattoo shop with Rule and his boys. She’s a fiercely protective and loyal friend, but she’s been burned in the romance department making her weary of future connections. Cora is holding out for “Mr
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
3.5

In general I think Jay Crownover does a great job telling her story. I enjoy her writing overall and the characters are relatable and funny. I love the nicknames she gives people such as Captain No-Fun and Admiral Ass Hat. I did not read Jet due to my friend's opinions regarding the book's heroine. I decided to go ahead and give Rome a try though.

With that being said, I got a tad bit annoyed while reading. This book seemed pretty predictable and the actual storyline started getting on my nerv
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book - Rome (Marked Men #3)
Author - Jay Crownover
Publication Date - January 7, 2014
Type - Can be read as a Stand-Alone/Series (no cliffhangers)
Rating - 4 Stars out of 5

ARC provided by William Morrow via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Synopsis
Cora Lewis is a whole lot of fun, and she knows how to keep her tattooed bad boy friends in line. But all that flash and sass hide the fact that she’s never gotten over the way her first love broke her heart. Now she has a plan to make sure that
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
3.5--Good But Not Great--Stars!!

I liked Rome, I did...but I just didn't love it. It wasn't WOWING. It wasn't anything new. It was predictable. It was a little cheesy.

Things I liked about Rome:

(1) Cora wasn't annoying....or at least not as annoying as another certain someone....anyone remember Ayden?!?!

(2) It didn't take the whole book for Rome and Cora to get together!

(3) There wasn't a lot of dumb drama--cheating, etc.

(4) The sex was pretty hot.

Things I didn't like about Rome:

(1) It had one o
Anna

UK cover :

Getting my Archer boy fix with the bezzie

Michelle
I would go to war with this man

Rome is goin through a lot he as just come out of the army he still isn't talkin to his parents after them hiding things from him an the relationship between him an his bro Rule is still very explosive cause of Rules relationship with Shaw so it's a lot to take in but everyone is getting annoyed with his pissed off attitude an Cora just could take it anymore she does know him as much as the rest of them but his attitude was so annoying so she throw beer over his
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***3.25 Stars***

First and foremost, my apologies for what is going to be a rambling review. Unfortunately this one didn't completely work for me. I liked it, but didn't love it and found myself repeatedly annoyed by Cora and her unrealistic expectations.

Having to listen to her ramble on and on about finding Mr. Perfect, having a perfect relationship and having someone be "all in" with her gave me a headache. If I had to hear the word "perfect" one more time....

description

I liked her when she was dealing w
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 13, 2014 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing
4.5 Coming to Terms, Confronting and Accepting, Being the Better for It Stars * * * * Terrifc Buddy Read with my pal, Mishyjo

We, as a nation, have experienced the ramification of our sons and daughters, family members and friends fighting for our country many times. There have been many books, movies and personal stories told. Each combat experience is unique to the conflict, region fought and environment but all have the singular purpose of defending those back home and wanting to protect thos
✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 13, 2013 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The good: Decent plot and story line. Loved the sizzling chemistry between the two main characters in and out of the bedroom! Their characterizations were very catchy, honest, and real.

I now wish Cora was my bestie! <3 She was so fiery and feisty and I loved every minute of it!

The bad: If anything, it was the pacing. The beginning started off fairly slow but by 20 percent in I finally got into the flow of the book.

The characters:

description

Rome: tall, broad shouldered, short, dark hair cropped close
SheReadsALot

Yeah...

All of that...
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 31, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
3.75 Big Brother Archer Stars

This story was so much better than Jet still it wasn’t as good as Rule but I really did love big brother Archer!

description

Rome and Cora’s story worked but there were a two extremely repetitive things throughout the story that irritated me: the idea of PERFECT and mentioning CORA’s EYES.

description

I think I was looking for more of a LOVE STORY for these two than what was presented although it was realistic (minus the pissed off almost biker guy).

I did find Rome Archer to be a wonderful
Alpha Possessive Heroes
Ohhhh! IT'S ROME! LOVE THE COVER! THOSE EYES!!!!

Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
Recensione sul blog qui --> http://www.leggereromanticamente.com/...

La serie Marked Men continua a piacermi molto, anche se il primo libro con protagonista Rule Archer resta per il momento il mio preferito. I fatti di questo terzo capitolo sono incentrati su due personaggi che abbiamo già conosciuto: Cora e Rome.
Cora lavora al Marked, fa parte della cerchia di amici di Rule & co., ha l'aspetto di una fatina ma ha un bel caratterino. E' nella sua indole aiutare gli amici cercando di tirar
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

Loved it! This was my favorite of the series! It felt less NA than the previous two books, particularly since the hero, Rome, is a mature 28 and a battle hardened ex-soldier. He’s a big, gruff, sexy, wounded, badass teddy bear, and I loved him! I really liked Cora, too, but I got frustrated with her continual fear and reluctance because of her douchebag ex. Still, Rome and Cora were perfectly imperfect together!

A couple of minor quibbles and possible spoilers:

(view
Charley Cook
Apr 20, 2015 Charley Cook rated it really liked it
Cora has been a steady character throughout the Marked Men series, a pint sized punk fairy that keeps the calm but equally causes the drama. All the way through the series I have imagined her as a blonde AJ Lee (WWE) and this book just solidified that.
I mean come on...perfect!
Rome Archer is back from the war in Iraq, injured in action and totally unprepared for civilian life. Still suffering from nightmares and feeling more distant from his family and friends every single day. As a reader who
Jen (in her Unicorn Bubble)
There’s something about the Marked Men series that makes it so easy to slip back into their world. To re-join this group of friends and watch all of their dynamics and interactions unfold was so much fun. I have missed them! Cora and Rome were the perfect couple to drag me back into this series! Their story was adorable and fierce. They both burned bright, so when they were together their interactions were intense, sexy and heartfelt. Now I have to finish this series!
“We can go as many rounds a
Stef Stimson
Apr 30, 2014 Stef Stimson rated it really liked it
cannot wait for this one I love Cora and I love Rome but he needs to let his grudge with Shaw go.....

loved this book cora is great :)
Angigames
Nov 03, 2015 Angigames rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ma-anche-no
2 stelle e mezzo
Sono delusa. Sono delusa da Cora, da Rome e soprattutto sono delusa dalla Crownover!
Dopo due libri che alla fine riproponevano la stessa storia, stessi particolari, quasi le stesse scene, pensavo che con questo terzo volume, l’autrice avrebbe creato qualcosa di diverso…
Mi sono enormemente sbagliata!
Tenevo tanto al personaggio di Rome, mi aspettavo tanto da Cora, invece nulla… stesso identico disco: attrazione fatale, una serie infinita di barutoli tra le lenzuola (in tutte le po
Crazy For NA Books: Rome (Marked Men #3) by Jay Crownover → Start Date: November 19th, 2015 22 7 Dec 07, 2015 06:13PM
so you like YA?!: Marked Men starts June 22 102 41 Jul 16, 2014 02:02PM
Books like this 12 236 Apr 15, 2014 09:56PM
Turning Pages At ...: Review of Rome by Jay Crownover 1 16 Mar 05, 2014 06:51PM
New Adult Corner: This topic has been closed to new comments. Feb 1-15th Book: ROME 7 8 Feb 28, 2014 03:56PM
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
  • Beck (Corps Security, #3)
  • Safe with Me (With Me in Seattle, #5)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • Conflicted Love (Needle's Kiss, #2)
  • Unbeloved (Undeniable, #4)
  • Long After (Sometimes Never, #3)
  • Play (Stage Dive, #2)
  • All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2)
  • Adam, Enough Said (This Can't Be Happening, #3)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
  • Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train, #3)
  • My Unexpected Forever (The Beaumont Series, #2)
  • Stolen Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #2)
  • Drew + Fable Forever (One Week Girlfriend, #3.5)
  • Give Me Grace (Give Me, #3)
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)
  • Rogue (Real, #4)
I'm supposed to share interesting details about myself so that my readers get to know me so here we go in no particular order: I'm an natural redhead even though I haven't seen my real hair color in years, I'm a big fan of tattoos and have a half sleeve on either arm and various other pieces all over the place, I've been in the bar industry since I was in college and it has always offered interest ...more
More about Jay Crownover...

Marked Men (6 books)
  • Rule (Marked Men, #1)
  • Jet (Marked Men, #2)
  • Nash (Marked Men, #4)
  • Rowdy (Marked Men, #5)
  • Asa (Marked Men, #6)

“Love doesn’t always have to be spoken out loud.” 65 likes
“I don't have a ring. I don't have a pretty speech prepared. All I know is that I love you more than life itself and I want every single person in this room to know that I want you forever, Shaw Landon. I love you. Marry me."

Typical Rule: he didn't ask, he just told her.

"Be an Archer. Be mine.”