Start by marking “100 Ways to Motivate Others: How Great Leaders Can Produce Insane Results Without Driving People Crazy” as Want to Read:

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The authors, leadership trainers and coaches, draw on the success of their workshops and personal coaching programs at major organizations to compile simple techniques for building on people's strengths, holding people accountable, and cultivating the art of supportive confrontation. The book inspires tough-minded leadership that gives the gift of
Published January 1st 2004 by Career Press

To ask other readers questions about 100 Ways to Motivate Others, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Ways to Motivate Others

Kristi
I thought that this was a nice easy to read book and the main points are:

1. Be positive
2. Do the important things you hate first, it will make the rest of the day go much better
3. Focus on your employees strengths so that they become great at them. Don't focus on weaknesses that they will just get passing on. For example: a saleswoman is good at face to face, but can't sale on the phone.
4. It is human nature to resist change and it goes through a cycle. Understand where they are in the cycle: ob
Benjamin Little
This book is a good format for taking a little management experience out of each short chapter. It takes the tone of a self-help book for managers at times, and I hesitate to call the advice scholarly more than I would call it pop-sociology or pop-psychology. However, the tone is one of a journal of advice from experienced and intelligent managers and, ego aside, they have some really good things to say. This is the sort of book I find myself quoting from occasionally when asked to describe my m ...more
Polly Castor
Last weekend, when I drove out of state and back, I chose this to listen to in the car, never expecting to like it so much. If you have a business CEO or sales manager on your Christmas list, this would be a great gift for them! But so many others of us can benefit from this as well, such as homeschooling mothers or workers in any church or volunteer organization.

It is written in a pithy, direct style, without any extra fluff, complete with a lot of great quotes. It was pleasant to agree with t
Steve Rangoussis
Jun 12, 2010 Steve Rangoussis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone in a leadership role
In this work, the authors highlight and explain leadership principles that motivate. Here they are in order of presentation:
1. Know where motivation comes from
11. Lead from the front
12. Preach the role of thought
13. Tell the truth
John Gorman
Easy to listen to and a quick read. Lacks some depth in some leadership areas but that is not what it is supposed to be. Did get some useful points.
Mckinley
Very short chapters - 1 -3 pages that focus on 1 point - we use rather than have self-discipline, listen to others, don't critixse upper management, do only 1 thing, give feedback, get input, lead from the front, encourage thinking,
stressing out is NOT the same as caring
let goals and not 'emergencies' dictate activity
manage agreements not people
focus on result not excuse and then coach the outcome
use your best time for your biggest challenge
positive reinforcement works over 7x better than negat
Lizwss
As a 1st time supervisor, this book has been very informative and helpful to me!
Amal Farid
Josh Whitby
This book is perfect for helping you and your team get to where you want to go! You don't even need to be a manager to get a lot of good info from this book. Chandler explores the reasons why people are not motivated and he gives great ideas on how to help. I recommend this book to anyone who has to work with people or anyone who considers themselves a leader or a manager.
umi tran
maybe for me, it's not a right time to read it. Will re-read again .... But compared to the "100 ways to motivate yourself", this one is not as impressive as the previous one" in terms of how it can imply to reality :) // or I am not up to that level of management he mentioned in this book. However, it's still a nice try :))
Meinar
There's so much good point that I've got from this book. I've learned so many new point of view about leadership that might be never thought before. This book is very recommended for us especially if we are working as a leader (from a little to a big scale)...Very Inspired !!
Jef
a quirky book that gives quick and actionable tips for people looking to improve their leadership abilities..

funnily enough this has 110 instead of 100, sure that this is the author being a "leader".

short and sharp chapters that can be easily consumed on the run!
Carol
Thought this was a neat title. Wouldn't we all like to be a motivating force in folks lives. This book didn't do it. As with prior commenter, I also listened to the audio book, and it just didn't do what I hoping it would do.
Jayfader
Simple yet completely eye-opening tactics for those who want to learn how to be a leader. Great principles one can apply at work, at home or whereever your life's path takes you.
Mary Twomey
Liked this a fair amount. I listened to the audiobook, and was still motivated, despite the author's non-motivating cadence.
Jim Thomas
I loved it. Practical and something I could put to use immediately. I listened to the book on tape.
Linda
I loved this one and will be listening to it for a second time. It includes some great ideas.
Kenneth
This book offers quite a few simple yet practical nuggets of wisdom. Highly recommended.
Joan Reyes
Great suggestion on how to threat poeple and improve the way the behave around you.
Ben
Can be helpful and inspirational, but I didn't find much original in here.
Kari
This was good. It has to do with our career so it was really informative.
Kevin
Great short tips. Good for those with ADD. Some cliches but other good lessons.
Haytham Badawey
Not as good as "100 ways to motivate yourself", but it's still a good book.
Steven
Actually has some useful advice for executives and managers...
Terri
Feb 07, 2008 Terri added it
Great tool for managers!
Mona Al-mahiaoi
It 's great book ..
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Brianna Wynn
Brianna Wynn marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
  • Simpleology: The Simple Science of Getting What You Want
  • The First-Time Manager
  • Putting the One Minute Manager to Work: How to Turn the 3 Secrets into Skills
  • How to Work for an Idiot: Survive & Thrive Without Killing Your Boss
  • 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions
  • Alexander the Great and His Time (Dorset Oress Reprints Series)
  • The Moral Sense
  • Discover Your Genius: How to Think Like History's Ten Most Revolutionary Minds
  • The Extraordinary Leader : Turning Good Managers into Great Leaders
  • Simplicity
  • La Buena Suerte: Claves de la Prosperidad
  • The New Leaders: Transforming The Art Of Leadership Into The Science Of Results
  • Cleopatra's Nose: Essays on the Unexpected
  • Speak to Win: How to Present with Power in Any Situation
  • 21 Dog Years: Doing Time @ Amazon.com
  • The Chaos Imperative: How Chance and Disruption Increase Innovation, Effectiveness, and Success
  • Africa Rising: How 900 Million African Consumers Offer More Than You Think
  • The Art of Profitability
(Arabic: ستيف تشاندلر)
Steve Chandler, bestselling author of 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself, Time Warrior and 30 other books, is known as America's notoriously unorthodox personal growth guru. He has helped thousands of people transform their lives and businesses.

Steve invites you to join his inner circle, the Wealth Warrior Movement, whose sole focus is supporting you in creating greater prosperity
More about Steve Chandler...
100 Ways to Motivate Yourself: Change Your Life Forever Time Warrior: How to defeat procrastination, people-pleasing, self-doubt, over-commitment, broken promises and Chaos Reinventing Yourself: How to Become the Person You've Always Wanted to Be The Prosperous Coach: Increase Income and Impact for You and Your Clients 17 Lies That Are Holding You Back and the Truth That Will Set You Free

“8-Push all your own buttons:
Make a note of everything that inspires you. That's your control panel.
Those buttons operate your whole system of personal motivation.”
0 likes