Start by marking “Stitch In Snow” as Want to Read:
Stitch In Snow

Stitch In Snow

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  559 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Dana Jane Lovell, a successful author and lecturer, is traveling on a lecture stint in the States. Things look bad when she is snowbound in Denver, but then she meets a traveling gentleman, Dan Lowell, who charms her. For three days they share time, fun, and love. Dana continues her tour only to learn later that her chance companion has been charged with manslaughter of hi ...more
Mass Market Paperback
Published by Tor Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Stitch In Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stitch In Snow

Lake Oz Fic Chick
Although Anne McCaffrey is best known for her fantasy fiction, she has also penned a few romance novels perfect for post-holiday relaxing. In A Stitch in Snow, well-known children’s book author – and librarian! – Jenny Lovell is on tour promoting her latest book when a blizzard grounds her in Denver. Accustomed to lonely evenings knitting in her hotel room, Jenny finds a pleasant change of pace in a no-strings-attached romantic weekend with Dan, a charming and distinguished fellow traveler. Days ...more
Jodie
Mar 31, 2014 Jodie rated it really liked it
Not so much a review but took me forever to get my hands on this book! Was the last romance novel I needed for my collection of Anne's! The few people who WERE selling it had it at such insane prices :/
Sue
Jul 30, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it
Pleasant escapist fiction. If I hadn't known the author's name, I never would have equated her to the author of the dragon books.
Janell
Mar 30, 2014 Janell rated it liked it
Mildly enjoyable romance with a twist or two, but it definitely felt dated. Not too surprising since it was published in the 80's, but I prefer when a book feels ageless. McCaffrey is really best known for her many fantasy/sci-fi series.
Don Gubler
Sep 12, 2014 Don Gubler rated it liked it
Not a bad change of pace for the dragon lady. But, just and average love story.
Heather Hile
Feb 24, 2016 Heather Hile rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I think this is my favorite of Anne McCaffrey's contemporary fiction books; a charming love story with a little mystery thrown in.
Sheena
Jun 21, 2012 Sheena rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books....can't help but like the heroine whom I've admired since first reading this when in my twenties..an Aran knitter, with wrinkles and grey hair who falls in love at an unexpected time.,a mils and boon but with better style and writing. I only got into this as I had read Anne Macaffreys fantasy offerings...and loved the escapism in the book. An easy read for pure escapism!
Sharon
Jan 10, 2010 Sharon rated it it was amazing
I give this one 5 stars because it is one of my "comfort" books, not necessarily because it is a stellar literary achievement. The story of an author (and knitter) on a book tour who meets a mysterious (and romantic) stranger, and then gets drawn into a crime drama.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This is a sweet romance book. I was a young kid reading the "adult" contemporary romance. Dana and Dan are sweetly matched. There is a bit of conflict which easily resolves in a happily ever after. I thought all romance novels ended up in happily ever afters.
Theresa
Feb 28, 2015 Theresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Stitch in Snow
McCaffrey, Anne
a story of love in denver, she was a write, he was a man of mystery. they found love in a lay over because of the storm that hit Denver's staple ton airport.
Kathleen J
Jun 22, 2013 Kathleen J rated it it was ok
Very, very slow. The first couple of chapter could have been lopped off since they were not important for the story. Not enough "scenes"--we often learn later what the people talked about before.
Tori
Jul 06, 2008 Tori rated it liked it
Shelves: reread
A reread for a long plane trip. Pleasant, but I always feel very squicky about the bellhop unlocking the connecting door. To me that whole thing is not romantic, but very scary.
Carol
Feb 23, 2014 Carol rated it it was ok
felt it was aimed at older reader (empathy for main character) / more old fashioned style. not sure about writing in 1st person. Didn't enjoy as much as Pern books
Nibrock
Jul 14, 2013 Nibrock rated it liked it
Good story. Romance happens when stuck at an airport. Murder charges follow. Alibi is needed. Weekend lover to the rescue.
Connie Cook
Apr 28, 2013 Connie Cook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her books are always great. I hope her son continues in her path as his reads are just as wonderful.
Cindy
Aug 23, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Enjoyed it, but am not really into romance stories. Does have a good plot twist.
Larissa
Feb 26, 2010 Larissa rated it it was amazing
little bit of a mistery, knitter, traveler, book writer. read it twice
Lesley
Oct 28, 2010 Lesley rated it really liked it
Loved the book - Not the typical McCaffrey - which I also love!
Celina and Don
May 10, 2011 Celina and Don rated it it was amazing
Definitely an Awesome read!!!!
Oct 17, 2009 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Not her most impressive work.
Jane Garoutte
Aug 10, 2012 Jane Garoutte rated it it was ok
Not my cup of tea.
Connie DeFazio
Connie DeFazio rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Karen Jordan
Karen Jordan rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Lois
Lois rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2016
Roxane McEnery
Roxane McEnery marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Catherine Wright
Catherine Wright marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
  • Dragonholder: The Life and Dreams (So Far) of Anne McCaffrey
  • The Ship Errant (Brainship, #6)
  • The People of Pern
  • The One Before The One
  • The Fleet (The Fleet, #1)
  • Horizon
  • Busy Woman Seeks Wife
  • 2041: Twelve Short Stories About the Future by Top Science Fiction Writers
  • Tall Poppies
  • Irresistible Forces
  • Dark Elves: Salvation (Dark Elves #3 & #4)
  • The Ship Avenged
  • The Stormy Petrel
  • And Less Than Kind (Doubled Edge, #4)
  • A Marcelli Wedding: The Marcelli Bride & The Marcelli Princess
  • Tempest in Time
  • In Praise of Younger Men (Three Heroes #1; Company of Rogues, #6)
  • The Widow
Anne McCaffrey was born on April 1st, 1926, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, at 1:30 p.m., in the hour of the Sheep, year of the Fire Tiger, sun sign Aries with Taurus rising and Leo mid-heaven (which seems to suggest an early interest in the stars).

Her parents were George Herbert McCaffrey, BA, MA PhD (Harvard), Colonel USA Army (retired), and Anne Dorothy McElroy McCaffrey, estate agent. She had two
More about Anne McCaffrey...