Start by marking “Of Darkness and Crowns (Goddess Wars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Of Darkness and Crowns (Goddess Wars, #2)

Of Darkness and Crowns (Goddess Wars #2)

The moon goddess has taken up residency within Prince Caben, darkening his mind and soul. Now he hunts the very women he sacrificed his life to save, his conflicting desires for love and power raging a battle within him. Kaliope possesses the key to setting Bale free, and Caben will stop at nothing to see his goddess restored. Even if that means destroying the kingdom he’s ...more
Published March 20th 2014 by Trisha Wolfe (first published March 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Of Darkness and Crowns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Darkness and Crowns

Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Not meaning to sound like a spoiled brat, but I want I want I want. I WANT! Why is November so far away *pouts* The first one was amazeballs and I can't wait to see what's next to come!
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
Guys, Trish sure knows the way to my heart. Withing the first couple of pages, we have Kalliope, our kick ass heroine, in the midst of battle cutting off someones head. That definitely had my attention! Trisha’s books are some of the few Fantasy books I’m willing to read mostly because I know I’m in for a tough girl MC and a hot guy. I was such a big fan of Of Silver and Beasts last year, and after that killer ending, I’ve been waiting for this book to come out. Despite the somewhat-reading ...more
Aa'Ishah
Spoilers for those who haven't read the first book.

It was a long wait for this book. And when it finally came - imagine me staring in shock and then clapping manically when I saw Trisha Wolfe's name in my inbox at this point - I did a very silly thing. Rather than spreading it out, savouring it, as I should have done, I devoured it in a matter of hours.

Totally worth it, though.

Bale, the dark moon goddess, is still in Prince Caben's body, and Kaliope, leader of the Nactue Guard, is even more de
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I have been eager to read Of Darkness and Crowns since I finished the first Goddess Wars book. It left me needing to know what happens to Caben after he allows himself to the be the vessel, and I was feeling so much for Kal because she now has the responsibility of trying to see if he can unpossess Caben to have the man she loves back, guarding the Empress as well as running and helping Prince Caben's country while he can't.

I love Trisha's writing and Of Darkness and Crowns is no exception. S
Kelsey Ketch
And here I thought I’d just take my time, relax, and read Of Darkness and Crowns, the sequel to Of Silver and Beasts. Yeah, right . . . I was like on the edge of my seat—my foot tapping impatiently—only a few chapters after I got started. LOL.

I swallowed this novel, becoming obsessed, particularly for Caben and his new point of view. He brought me over to his side. The dark fantasies and his lust for control. I just couldn’t get over him and the greed that consumed his thoughts. He was the best
Farrah
Mar 30, 2014 Farrah rated it it was amazing
An absolutely amazing sequel, Of Darkness and Crowns was a brilliant New Adult read. After the epic ending of book 1, I had high hopes for book 2, and it definitely didn't disappoint. From the romance, to the twists, to all of the thrills, this book was fantastic.

Kaliope was such a badass. I thought so in book 1, and book 2 proved it even more. Her loyalties are tested in this book, when her oath to her empress is put against her promises to the man she loves and that made for some interesting c
Naomi
Mar 27, 2014 Naomi rated it it was amazing
I knew this would be a difficult journey for Kal and Caben after the dramatic ending in the first book, Of Silver and Beasts. Kal and Caben didn't part on the best of terms, but their connection is so strong they are continually drawn to one another. Of Darkness and Crowns was pretty exciting because there’s a lot of plotting and confrontations throughout, as both sides are preparing for war and the arrival of the goddess - Bale.

I enjoyed seeing how deep Bale’s hold is on Caben. He struggles wit
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Oct 06, 2014 Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm) rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi, review
This and my other reviews can be found at Amethyst Bookwyrm

Bale, the moon goddess, is residing in Prince Caben, darkening his mind and soul, causing him to hunt down the woman he loves and sacrificed himself for. But he is still hearing his old self telling him that he still loves Kal and that Bale is causing him to want to kill her. Kaliope, the leader of the reformed Nactue Guard, has vowed to look after Caben’s kingdom as well as finding a way to save him. With a traitor within her midst and
Tiffany
Mar 31, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
First we have Kaliope's point of view! She has her feelings for Caben, being the Nactue Leader, her oath to the Empress and now watching over Caben's kingdom. What is a girl to do with that much to handle. Well for Kaliope it's hard she don't want to break her promise to Caben all she thinks about is how to save Caben from the goddess Bale. At the same time she don't want to break her oath to the Empress and she is trying to be the best Nactue Leader. Then you have Caben's kingdom she don't know ...more
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: Yep!

As with the first book, Of Silver and Beasts, I finished it quite quickly. While I’m beginning to understand Wolfe’s stream of consciousness writing style, I still think she’d do well to enlist a professional editor. Regardless, I was just as addicted to Book 2 of the Goddess Wars series as I was the first, and I can’t wait for the third installment. It turns out I’ve developed a bit of a soft spot for Caben and Kal . . .

Would I recommend it: Yes. Look past Wolfe’s fra
Stephanie
This was so GOOD!!!

I absolutely loved the first book in this series when I read it a few years ago, but this book has completely topped that! I am in LOVE with this series and I'm already feigning for book 3! Karl and Caben have been through so much for each other so far, and it's awesome to finally see them together again!
I never felt bored during this reading or that the story was lacking anything. I was wholly swept into it and it was completely worth it!
I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU READ THIS SERIES
Alicia
Oct 09, 2014 Alicia rated it it was amazing
I love the sequel as much as the first one and I really loved the first. There really isn't a thing about this series I do not love. There is no shortage of action and romance and intrigue! I can't wait for the third book!
Patti Ashley
Did not clear up much

Galileo has Caben back but things are still wrong. I still don't like this story and I really do not enjoy Kaliope. NTYFYA challenge, Erin's list.
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Mar 17, 2014 Jaime (Two Chicks on Books) rated it it was amazing
Finished it last night it was a great follow up to Of Silver and Beasts! I can't wait for everyone to read it.
Jessa
Jessa rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2015
Hope Collier
Hope Collier rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2014
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Ally
Ally rated it liked it
May 04, 2014
Tabitha Stout
Tabitha Stout rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
angela
angela rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Atricia
Atricia rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2014
Erika
Erika rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2014
Cassie S
Cassie S rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2014
Brandi Robertson
Brandi Robertson rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2014
Falyn
Falyn rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Shannon Zak
Shannon Zak rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Nimboo
Nimboo rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2016
Kasey
Kasey rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • G.A. Aiken Bundle: The Dragon Who Loved Me, What a Dragon Should Know, & Last Dragon Standing
  • Princess of the Damned
  • 恋だの愛だの 1 [Koi Dano Ai Dano 1]
  • Hanatsukihime, Vol. 02
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Silver Flame (Braddock-Black, #2)
  • Wishful Thinking
  • Mona Lisa Eclipsing  (Monère: Children of the Moon, #5)
  • Red-Hot and Royal
  • Who Ran My Underwear up the Flagpole?
  • The Blue Viking (Viking I, #5)
  • Ghost Hunt, Vol. 1 (Ghost Hunt, #1)
  • Under By Duress
  • For Hating Me You Sure Are Possessive
  • Marry Me, Maddie
  • The Class Trip (Sweet Valley Twins Super Edition, #1)
  • Sugar Sugar Rune, Volume 5 (Sugar Sugar Rune, #5)
  • Nana, Vol. 2 (Nana, #2)
Please send review requests to my email on my website, as I don't often check messages here. Thank you!

www.TrishaWolfe.com

From an early age, Trisha Wolfe dreamed up fantasy worlds and characters and was accused of talking to herself. Today, she lives in South Carolina with her family and writes full time, using her fantasy worlds as an excuse to continue talking to herself.

More about Trisha Wolfe...

Goddess Wars (3 books)
  • Of Silver and Beasts (Goddess Wars, #1)
  • Of Monsters and Goddess (Goddess Wars, #3)