Start by marking “Wildfire” as Want to Read:
Wildfire

Wildfire

Everything in Rhiannon's life is perfect. Her career is on the up and Oliver, the great love of her life, has just asked her to marry him. The future couldn't look better.

But their married bliss soon starts to evaporate when Oliver's power-crazed boss decides that Rhiannon is an unsuitable wife. And when American billionaire Max Romanov, engaged to supermodel Galina Casimi
Published August 2nd 2007 by Arrow (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Wildfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildfire

Elaine
Oct 08, 2015 Elaine rated it it was amazing
First published in 1997, this is a real tv mini-series of a read. Only, if this had been made into a three parter it would have to have been either very heavily edited or shown way after the watershed - this story is stuffed full of graphic sex! A story of the fabulously wealthy, rich and powerful loaded with betrayals, counter betrayals, revenge and retribution – I was hooked! The characters, for the most part, are all gorgeous and randy as anything with the morals of alley cats – if Armani sol ...more
Susan
Sep 19, 2014 Susan rated it it was ok
Passion (lots of it), betrayal, intrigue, violence, a high life monied background across several continents. At the beginning I appreciated the different setting of a film crew on an African safari, but by page 30 we were in the midst of a very explicit sex scene - not even involving the lead character Rhiannon. Are there really people out there like Oliver and Max and all their plotting, double crossing and machinations? Only Lizzie seemed to me likeable. I got bored as the scene changed to the ...more
Sue
May 12, 2011 Sue rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, read-2011
Rhiannon has a wonderful boyfriend, a great career, and wonderful friends. Perhaps there are a few strange things going on with her boyfriend Oliver, and she hasn't really had enough time for her best friend Lizzy lately... but as the story starts, she's working on a TV programme in an African bush safari and life seems good.

Then things start to go wrong. There's a lot of suspense, but none of it too unpleasant, and the ending is satisfying enough. The writing is good, the subplots work well to
Katherine
Mar 13, 2009 Katherine rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

I truly do not know what to make of this book. I don't know what shelf it should go on nor do I know how to rate it so I'm going to give it three stars.

Well...first I would like to state that this book should be retitled "Homewrecker." I have never read a book where so much of this happened. Second...Jesus, I really don't know. This book was strange, twisted, and demented. And I think I enjoyed it? I couldn't put it down, to say the least. But I truly don't know if I liked it.

This book has left

Nicola
Feb 03, 2012 Nicola rated it it was amazing
My mum lent me her copy of this book and it sat around my house for months, until it was the only thing left to read. I was always put off by the cover (I had a mass production version) but it is a brilliant book, I read many books a year, and although I read this one about 2 years ago, I still think its one of my favourites ever. I always think about the story and how great it was. Would recommend to anyone how loves romance.
Lisa
Jan 02, 2015 Lisa rated it liked it
Rhiannon marries Oliver a diamond dealer but the marriage breaks down when he goes against his boss. Her best friend Lizzy finds her man on safari. Billionaire max whom everyone believes killed his wife marries supermodel Galina who has issue from childhood. Max and Rhiannon meet and they can't stay away from each other.

sex scenes are too long and far fetched storyline
Moodycat
Apr 07, 2014 Moodycat rated it liked it
This is not a bad Susan Lewis offering. It has all the right ingredients for a juicy book about love, lies and confusion. I found it lacked slightly on realism and I didn't completely buy into the story but enjoyable all the same.
Jeanette
Aug 12, 2016 Jeanette rated it liked it
I usually enjoy reading Susan Lewis, but struggled to get through 'Wildfire'. I cannot put my finger on why, but the amount of sex scenes didn't help. As much as I didn't enjoy this book, I am looking forward to reading a couple of other books that I have in my book case.
Natalya
Oct 03, 2011 Natalya rated it liked it
Well written, lots of AMAZING sex scenes, quick and entangling plot, far fetched but action packed. Great vacation read. The baddies are glamorous and bad. Reminded me of Jilly Cooper's Pandora, very wicked.
Katarzyna
Feb 06, 2014 Katarzyna rated it liked it
Strange book. I couldn't put it down but not sure whether I liked it really. There was nothing special in it but still kept me glued to it
Too long at the end. Couldn't wait to finish it but the story was dragged on and on and on
Helen Fitchett
Sep 25, 2015 Helen Fitchett rated it it was ok
Found this book very hard to get in to....in fact it took me almost to page 400 to work out actually what was going on. I found that it had far too many characters and subplots to keep up with. Enjoyed the last 100 or so pages though.
Rayane Tchantchane
Nov 27, 2015 Rayane Tchantchane rated it it was amazing
Susan lewis did an awesome job.
simultaneously overwhelming and frustrating because it held lots of suspense.
Linda
Mar 31, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book, not sure what the picture on the front cover has got to do with the story?
Sylvia
Mrs Amanda Batchelor
Mrs Amanda Batchelor rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
koren
koren rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2017
deirdre currie
deirdre currie rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2017
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2014
Ballerina
Ballerina rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012
L M
L M rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Author Annette Dunlea
Author Annette Dunlea rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2010
donna wilkinson
donna wilkinson rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2016
Jayne
Jayne rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2013
Dioni
Dioni rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Nikki Short
Nikki Short rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Miss n a castle
Miss n a castle rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Amelia O'Leary
Amelia O'Leary rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
  • An Ordinary Decent Criminal
  • Ghost Stories: The Best of the Daily Telegraph's Ghost Story Competition
  • Written in Time
  • House of Ghosts
  • Fear that Man / Toyman (Ace Double, 23140)
  • Super
was born in 1956, in Bristol. My father was a Welsh miner, a poet, an engineer and a thinker. My mother was one of 13 children who, at 20, persuaded my father to spend his bonus on an engagement ring instead of a motorbike. We were a normal, happy, nuclear family, living in a spanking new council house on the outskirts of town – my mother’s pride and joy. But we were going to do better, my mother ...more
More about Susan Lewis...