Start by marking “Werewolves Be Damned (Magic & Mayhem, #1)” as Want to Read:
Werewolves Be Damned (Magic & Mayhem, #1)

Werewolves Be Damned (Magic & Mayhem #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  256 ratings  ·  106 reviews
Nexi Jones—part witch, part guardian, and wannabe kick-ass warrior—can’t throw a punch or conjure the simplest magic. But that doesn’t stop her from hunting the werewolves who slaughtered her human family. She’ll have her revenge, but only if Kyden, the elite guardian, would get the hell out of her way.

Kyden can’t decide if Nexi wants to get herself killed or if she just h
Published April 15th 2013 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Werewolves Be Damned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Werewolves Be Damned

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
Originally published on Romancing the Dark Side:

Stacey Kennedy has created an intriguing world of supernaturals and magic that keeps you guessing and leaves you craving more!

Nexi Jones' normal life comes to a screeching halt the night her adopted family is slaughtered by werewolves. She is reunited with her birth father and learns that she's no ordinary human that same night. Born of two supernaturals, Nexi is half-witch and half-guardian, the only one in existence. For this very reas
Talk Supe
Braine's Talk Supe review

Nexi Jones is a special type of Otherworldly, she's the ONLY halfie, part guardian, part witch, in the world which makes her a curiosity, an oddity and right now, a commodity. This is a pivotal moment for Nexi because she just recently got reunited with her father who is also a Council member. After her adoptive parents and biological mother was killed, she vowed to hunt and kill the vampire responsible for their death. After months of training, Nexi is finally a Guard
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
Nexi and Kyden hold a special place in my heart. They where my first ever actual review book that an author had requested I read. It was the perfect start to my blogging experience. I loved them so much the first time around. I made all my friends go out and buy the books and even still 2 years later I can remember a lot from those books. So when I found out they where getting a makeover I was really excited, I love these characters so much that even if Stacey changed it up I knew it would still ...more
Sandra
Nexi was adopted and has grown up on Earth, not knowing that there is the Otherworld, and her birth parents came from there.

Nexi, is half Guardian and half witch. When she was a baby her mother was murdered and her father thought it best that she grow up on Earth so she could have a normal life. Her magic was bound.

However, the bad guy who killed her mother is looking for her and when she's found, he has her adopted parents killed, almost in front of her. Guardians come to take care of the bad
Ellen
This review also available at my blog: http://neverkissandblog.blogspot.com/...
Werewolves be Damned is the first book in Stacey Kennedy’s Magic & Mayhem series. It also happens to be an expanded version of The Willow from Kennedy’s Magical Sword series. The Magical Sword series is no longer available and Kennedy’s is turning it into Magic & Mayhem.

Number 1, I am angry that there is no way of knowing this has previously been published. I do believe it has been altered, so I will give that
Carrie
Nexi is on a mission, to find the wolf that got away. The wolf that did not die at the guardians hands, after the rogue pack murdered her parents. She will never forget that wolf, she will find it and kill it.

After the murder of her parents Nexi's life is tossed upside down. Everything that she knew of the world, herself has changed. Not all things are what they seem. There are supernatural beings from the otherworld who cross over, but to a mere mortal they just appear to look just like every o
JenniferJ
This was my first time reading anything by Stacey Kennedy and I really enjoyed it alot! I have heard her erotic works are very good also so I will definitely be looking into those now as well!

Nexi our heroine is another heroine it took me a while to warm up to more or less because she like most of the others want to be so stubborn and hard headed. Although I could feel sympathy towards her I couldn't get that actual "like" feeling going on until well into the story and her actual training with K
Julie
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Werewolves be Damned is the first book in Stacey Kennedy’s Magic & Mayhem series. This book is a great initiation to the series and does a good job introducing us to the characters and their quirks. There isn’t one person in this book that I didn’t like and the chemistry between them, friendly or ‘more-than-friendly’ was really well done.

The book starts off with a bang. You are right in the middle of the action as Nexi is trying to escape with her l
namericanwordcat
A promising new paranormal romance series.

Nexi, our heroine, has been plunged into a new world with the murder of her adoptive parents where she discovers she is half witch and half guardian. Guardins are super strong immortals who seem to have a bit in common with Beserkers. She is trained in her new skills by an uber hot guardian named Kyden. While hunting down the bad guy, romance ensues.

The novel is an expansion of a previous published work The Willow from Kennedy’s Magical Sword series and
Stacy
When Nexi and her parents are attacked by some wolves in their home some mysterious strangers come to save her. She quickly finds out that not only were her parents not her real parents but she isn't even human.

Nexi starts off kinda unlikable (at least to me). She is reckless, angry and an all around pain in the butt. It is understandable but I have no patience for stupid and she pulls some stupid moves in the search for revenge. Once she is allowed to join the investigation and trains to be a g
ParaYourNormal
Have you ever wondered who protects us mortals from the things that go bump in the night? In Stacey Kennedy’s urban fantasy novel, Werewolves Be Damned, we discover the world of the Guardians, supernatural beings who protect humans from rogue vampires, werewolves, and witches.

Meet Nexi Jones, half Guardian, half witch, who is out to destroy the werewolves who killed her family. She is helped out along the way by a fellow Guardian, the sexy Kyden, a man who would do anything to protect Nexi. New
Cassie C
Great start to this series! Full review to come :)

Update 7/22/13:

I wasn't actually sure how much I was going to enjoy this book at first, but once I started reading, I was absolutely enthralled. This is a fantastic start to a new series, and I hope the second book comes out fast! The main reason I had to give this 4 stars was because there were a lot of grammatical errors, and it got on my nerves after awhile. However, it doesn't take away from the story, and hopefully the next book would be pro
Sandy

REVIEW: Werewolves Be Damned is the first storyline in Stacey Kennedy’s new Magic and Mayhem series featuring guardians, witches, vampires and werewolves. The focus of this storyline is one Nexi Jones who, following the murder of her adopted parents, discovers that she is no ordinary human. She will be swept into a war between the supernatural species where she will become the ultimate prize.

Nexi is a strong heroine who seeks revenge against the werewolves that killed the only family t
Michelle
Werewolves Be Damned is the first in the Magic & Mayhem series and it's definitely one of the best new series I have read in ages!

Nexi is a half-guardian/half witch hybrid anomaly who is thrust into the supernatural after the brutal murder of her parents. Kyden has been charged with keeping Nexi safe as she tries to find her way in this new world, she's hellbent on avenging her parents deaths so he not only has to keep her safe from those who want to do her harm but from her own actions res
Sharonda BrazenBabe
Review @ Salacious Reads
www.salaciousreads.com

I enjoyed the world that Stacey Kennedy has created in Werewolves be Damned, there are enough "Others" to keep you occupied and their world along with ours is filled with magic, kick ass chick and sexxy men.

I however, did have a very difficult time connecting with Nexi…the heroine. I liked her enough as she was tough and didn't take no mess, but her going off all cock strong without any idea how to use her new powers baffled me and the attitude?…I un
Shauni
Found a new favorite author!! LOL.. Stacey Kennedy writes a wonderful book and Lisa, this one is for YOU!! Witches, Guardians, Werewolves and Vampires.. all wrapped up in one inter dimensional battle. What more could a reader ask for?

Nexi Jones lived a pretty normal life. Normal that is until she came home one day to her family being killed by werewolves. Creatures that until that moment she wasn't even aware existed. Suddenly her life shifts when she finds out she was adopted into human existen
Christi Snow
My Review:
I loved the whole premise of this story. Nexi is an other-worlder who never knew who she truly was until the night her world was shattered by werewolves killing her family and warriors swooping in to protect her. Until that night she didn't even know that otherworlders existed, much less that she was actually one of them. But with that knowledge and her world crumbling around her, the magic holding Nexi's powers in check was removed.

Nexi is a mixed breed...half guardian (warrior), hal
J.A. Belfield
Werewolves Be Damned took me by surprise a little bit. Sure, I liked the sound of the blurb, and yup, the cover is pleasing to the eye—but I didn’t expect to enjoy it quite as much as I did. Because, whilst the beginning was a little rocky for the first couple of percent, it didn’t take long for me to connect with the characters, and to have a handle on the world Ms Kennedy had begun to build, and I very soon found myself rolling happily along for the ride.
Before I explain what I liked
Sophia
I just love exploring new paranormal worlds and characters introduced to me from the mind and through the pen of this author. And hoo-boy! This one was off to the races before I knew what was what.

Nexi Smith finds her world turned upside down shortly after she witnesses the horrific sight of her adoptive parents killed before her eyes by wolves that can turn into men. Just when she thinks she's next, two warrior-like men dressed in leather kilts and armed with swords charge in to her rescue. Oh
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:
*eARC received from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review

Werewolves be Damned is another 5 Skull reason why I adore Stacey Kennedy, it was simply fantastic! Truth, Justice, and the Preternatural way...just the way I like it! :)

Kyden is perfect; just the right amount of snark, compassion, alpha-maleness, and naughtiness.

Nexi is a heroine that you can't help but root for. She's strong, independent, talented, and confident,
Jess the Romanceaholic
Ehhhh..... I'm usually a pretty big fan of Stacey Kennedy, but honestly, I just couldn't get into this one.

While I liked the concept behind Nexi's past and quest for revenge, as well as the idea behind the whole hybrid guardian/witch thing, Nexi herself was... well... rather obnoxious.

Add to that the fact that I really didn't like the concept of soul sisters (and wanted to beat Haven senseless about, oh, 98% of the time she was on the page), Kayden was had more mood swings than a thirteen year
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Werewolves Be Damned nous entraine dans le monde incroyable que découvre Nexi Jones suite au massacre de ses parents. Elle apprend qui elle est, sur les pouvoirs et les créatures surnaturelles qui vivre dans l’Otherworld mais aussi parmi les humains. Bien qu’il n’y ait pas beaucoup d’innovation dans les créatures proposées ou bien la trame, cela reste une lecture agréable et des personnages attachants. Suivez Nexi Jones dans ses aventures et succombez pour les charmes de Kyden !

Nexi est une jeun
Cecile
Ms. Stacey’s stories always captivate me and lures me onto the other side of the realm. Her writing is cleverly done to make you read more and more and more and more until you do not realize you have read the whole book in one sitting. Okay, maybe two days… But still, she will wrap you around her little finger until she is completely done with you… And this story is no different!

Nexi is a woman who has her world turned upside down and inside out all in the matter of one night. Her parents are br
Jenn
I tried so hard to get a review copy of WEREWOLVES BE DAMNED when I saw it on Netgalley but I think every other blogger on the planet snapped it up before I realized it was available. So, naturally, I had to purchase it just as soon as I had a coupon. :) I’m pleased to report that all of the hype I read online was right — WEREWOLVES BE DAMNED is a really fun, action-packed beginning to what could be an amazing new urban fantasy series.

WEREWOLVES BE DAMNED involves one of my favourite genre trope
Bambi Unbridled
3.5 stars / 3 flames

The title of this book threw me off a bit. I was expecting our hero or heroine to be a werewolf, but that wasn't the case. Don't worry - there are some yummy werewolves for you furry fans. Hello - Valor and Briggs. They were probably my favorite characters of the book, and they were only secondary characters.

This story was a fairly quick read at approximately 200 pages. Stacey Kennedy is introducing us to a magic and supernaturals who travel between Earth and the Otherworld.
Mnix
Nexi Jones is in a new life after learning what she had always known was a lie. Nexi was born half a witch and half a guardian and so far is the only one like that known to exist. Now after being saved by guardians when her adopted family is killed, Nexi has found herself in the Otherworld surrounded by people whose job it is to protect human kind from others who prey on them. Nexi has to learn the skills to use the powers from both sides of her biology so that she can be the person she was alwa ...more
Iris (Paranormal Cravings)
The beginning of this story is just fantastic. It pulls you in this story like no other. Great intro. The characters are strong and realistic and also the world building noteworthy. My favorite character was of course Nixi, she strong and determined to find the wolves that have killed her parents. With her fun comments and reckless behavior a fun character to read about. Her counterpart, Kyden is just fantastic. he;s a typical alpha male that is just of the right caliber to handle Nexi.
Roxanne
Er...wtf, this book is almost EXACTLY like her other book The Willow. Even the same characters, but instead of her parents dying in a car crash, in this book they are killed by werewolves.

So disappointed.

I know this is a full length of The Willow, since that was a novella. But I really wish I had known that before I got it.
Rhonda
This book was only ok for me. It was a quick read, but it was another book about a girl who didn't know she was a supernatural who eventually finds out that she is instantly powerful and even more powerful than any one really knows. The entire book spanned only about a month's time, but she became a guardian in her new world, kicked her parents' killers' butts, discovered she did have magic (she didn't think she had any magic, but, of course, she is super powerful, killed the megalomaniac vampir ...more
Stephanie (Bookfever.♥)
I liked the world that Stacey Kennedy had created with Werewolves Be Damned. I have to admit, though, that along the way it started losing its appeal a little bit. But it definitely started out as a very promising paranormal romance.

I like Nexi a lot. She had fire, learned to kick ass and was determinded to avenge the death of her adoptive parents. I like that in a female main character + she was part with, part guardian. So that was pretty original, in my opinion.

Kyden, on the other hand I li
  • Gone with the Wolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Temping Is Hell (Necessary Evil, #1)
  • Aidan (The Awakening, #1)
  • Devil May Care (Speak of the Devil, #2)
  • The Demon's Song (Hearts of the Fallen, #1)
  • Heaven and Hellsbane (Hellsbane, #2)
  • Don't Bite the Bridesmaid (Sons of Kane #1)
  • The Miss Education of Dr. Exeter (Paranormal Investigator, #3)
  • Suddenly Beautiful
  • Bad Mouth (Immortalis, #1)
  • Frosted
  • The Chosen (The Legend Chronicles, #3)
  • Hunter
  • Never Deal with Dragons (Never Deal with Dragons, #1)
  • Bittersweet Blood (The Order, #1)
  • Fall From Grace (Battle for Souls, #2)
  • Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
STACEY KENNEDY is the USA Today bestselling author of the CLUB SIN series. Growing up, Stacey's mind wandered the path less traveled and that path most often led to love. She has always broken rules and she continues to feed off emotion – staying true to her heart. Those traits are now the bones of her stories. She lives in southwestern Ontario with her husband, who puts any of the heroes in her b ...more
More about Stacey Kennedy...

Magic & Mayhem (2 books)
  • Witches Be Burned (Magic & Mayhem, #2)
Claimed (Club Sin, #1) Bared (Club Sin, #2) Desired (Club Sin, #3) Tamed (Club Sin, #5) Freed (Club Sin, #4)

“You said I have magical powers, so what’s the big deal? I’ll voodoo some shit up, bring out my spidey-senses, and bam.” ~ Nexi” 5 likes