Start by marking “Isle of Man (Park Service Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Isle of Man (Park Service Trilogy, #2)

Isle of Man (Park Service Trilogy #2)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  1,172 ratings  ·  145 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Ryan Winfield, a thrilling tale of friendship, betrayal, and adventure.

The journey continues...

After discovering the horrific truth behind the Park Service, fifteen-year old Aubrey Van Houten has overthrown its leader with the help of his best friend, Jimmy, and his girlfriend, Hannah. But their victory has left all three parentless a
Published April 16th 2013 by Birch Paper Press (first published April 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Isle of Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isle of Man

Tina

Isle of Man is the second book of the Park Service Trilogy, written by Ryan Winfield. After reading book one I couldn't wait to get this sequel in my hands, and it was as great as I excepted... or even more.

After the death of Hannah's parents, Aubrey, Jimmy and Hannah are alone in a world where drones still hunt humans. Aubrey is determined to free his people, who still live deep below ground level at Holocene II. His decision leads him into a world where nothing is what it seems...it leads him
Maryellen
If you’re not reading this captivating YA trilogy, you’re missing out! Book #2, ISLE OF MAN, finds Aubrey, Hannah, Jimmy and Junior (oh Junior) facing a world full of unknowns.

”Why does everything I think I know always turn out to be wrong?” asks a very confused Aubrey.

Mr. Winfield takes us on a spectacular adventure to the Isle of Man all in an effort to find the key to stopping the hunting drones from killing humans and to free the people of Halocene II. With his amazing ability to put the r
Nancy Silk
"Fantastic Story and Adventure I Could Not Put Down"

I'm the 25th reviewer of this second story of "The Park Service." I certainly agree with ALL the previous reviewers who gave it FIVE stars! Woo hoo, great job, Author Ryan Winfield! This a continuing saga of Aubrey Van Houten who's nearly 16 years old and has escaped from the underground cavern in Holocene II where his train wrecks. He has discovered the outer world of earth is intact and thus there is no reason to have the people of Holocene I
Dinky Hawk
Wonderful second book in the trilogy!! I bought the Kindle version and will definitely buy the paperback version so I can have the set when the final book is released!! Ryan has written a future movie blockbuster!!
Lori Horne
Exciting Page Turner Part 2!!

When we left Aubrey, Jimmy and Hannah in Book One, The Park Service, they discovered the horrific evil realities behind The Park Service and were instrumental in the destruction of a key location as well as the demise of its creator and leader. After a momentary victory, this trio is now alone facing a world suffering from the continuing execution of the master plan and its consequences.

In Book Two, Isle of Man, Aubrey is determined, with the help of his friends, to
B
Emotional and AWESOME READ! I read the Isle of Man in one, long, very intense sitting! Book two takes Jimmy, Aubrey, and Junior on a most amazing, thrilling, scary, and surprising journey to try to stop the Park Service. Over land and sea, I was constantly surprised with what happened next. The way the scenery was described, I felt like I could see, smell, and hear everything as it happened. I loved how the relationship between the boys grew deeper and it not only made me realize in my own life ...more
Gina's Escape and Reality
Apr 22, 2013 Gina's Escape and Reality rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens, adults
I was pleasantly surprised to find book two picked up right where book one left off. The reader is thrown right back into the action of the quest that Aubrey and his new friends are on.

At times, Aubrey seems a little wise beyond his years. There’s no doubt having the responsibility of freeing an entire civilization as his burden to bear helped to shape the mental state he is in. Having been introduced to a whole new world and dealing with grief at such a young age has made him more responsible
Shelly
I have to say that I think I liked this second book of The Park Service Trilogy more that the first one! I have no doubt that the conclusion of this series will be even better.

I have to keep this relatively brief because there is really no way to reveal the full scope of my feelings without dropping major spoilers and you know how much I hate to do that. I will warn you that while I won't post spoilers for this book, there will be spoilers from book one.

This book takes these characters into pl
Teresa
OMG!! I loved the opening book in this trilogy but this one truly pulled me in and took me on a journey with the characters. I experienced every thrill, every disappointment, every fright and every betrayal...which was rife in this episode. I truly loved this book. Cannot. Wait. For. Book. Three!!

I am obligated to say though that I am a bit depressed by reading these "futuristic" stories...The Hunger Games, the Insurgent trilogy, and now The Park Service. Is it possible that no matter what state
Lori Myers
Wow....Ryan has done it again. Another excellent book with characters so real (if I was an older teen, I would be so in love with Aubry and Jimmy!) and rich, vivid descriptions, plot twists and situations I never saw coming! Ryan also gifts us with some physics, anthropology, philosophy and religion...okay...I can throw astronomy in there too! If you read The Park Service you will not be disappointed- Ryan has a gift for taking the most tangled situations and distilling them down to a pure essen ...more
Melinda
Sally Thibodeaux

Loved it! I can't wait to see what happens to Hannah, I believe she's a lot older
than she pretends to be. Maybe she has already taken a dose of serum. I believe that
she wants to take over!! Poor Aubrey, I hope he gets to Free his people. I really
can't wait for the last book. Thanks Ryan!!!!!
April
The second book in the series is just as engaging and dynamic as the first. There are so many levels to this story. Just when you think you have things figured out, there will be a sharp turn that takes it to a whole other place! warning, if you are an emotional sort, you will need tissues at one point, maybe two!

Once again was are all first person coming from Aubrey's POV. It is tough to really get a feel for other character's motivations without being told. It does add an element of surprise t
Kara Miller
Let me start by saying that I've been waiting so long for this book and it was well worth the wait! If I only had one word to describe this book, it would be FANTASTIC! Thank goodness I have a lot more than one word though ;)

So many times, sequels fall short of the first book. That is NOT the case here. If anything, book two is miles better than book one.

I was hooked from page one--and not because I'd been waiting so long for this, but because of the opening line: "I never meant to kill Hannah's
Mel burge
After waiting what seemed liked very long months for this title to come out, Wow, I am glad it finally has.
I love how the author can write in styles that you are picturing the words as the movie in your head as you are reading it.
I find and feel as if the book has 'in depth" moments. It can really make you think and question the here and now, the future, the past and the present..as well as what could be, what was, and was is.

The first book had me thinking wow what a life for kids (teenagers) to
Shelly Johnson
Not often does the second book of a trilogy live up to the hype of the first one, and in some ways even surpass its original greatness. That is EXACTLY what happens in Isle of Man, Book 2 in The Park Service Trilogy.

Isle of Man starts off right where book one ended with our favorite trio Aubrey, Jimmy, and Hannah. And of course the lovable Junior is right there with them!! Where the Park Service was laced with a new found sense of adventure and awe, Isle of man is full of action and suspense. A
Pete Juarez
another very entertaning book better than book 1 same action/suspense & sorrow damnthat professor for doing what he did to junior
Joelle Bradley
I have been anxiously waiting for book #2 to be released and I loved it. I am in my forties and was hooked on the plot from the beginning. You don't have to be a young adult to love this book and the first one in The Park Service Trilogy. I have come to love the characters of Aubrey and Jimmy and their friendship in a post war world where very few people live above ground. Lots of twists and turns and suspense kept me from wanting to do anything else but read this book!
David Torres
God, I hate doing reviews for the 2nd book in trilogies. THey are always short on my part because I can't spoil too much, and most of the analyzing has already been done like the characters.

I think I was given the wrong impression about this trilogy. I thought this was in the category of romance as well. Especially with the ads of the super gorgeous redhead. But the trilogy is indeed about betrayal. And Ryan really knows how to jab the knife into your heart and twist.

After becoming attached to
Dick
Again, another good read from Ryan.

Although some of the action is slower than I am used to in Winfield's books, there was exposition needed and it took time to get that done.

Without letting any of the plot out, I can't help but say that Aubrey and Jimmey are moving closer and closer in my mind to being more than friends.

I am anxious for the release of the final book of the series.
Jennifer Harmon
I finished Isle of Man two days ago, however I was so wrapped in Aubrey and Jimmy's world that I continued straight on with State of Nature. Waiting to write the review has not diminished my original impressions of Isle in the least. It was well written, flowing from scene to scene. Once again, Mr. Winfield is able to paint a picture with words and allow his readers to see the scenery unfold before their eyes. The bond that continues to grow between Aubrey and Jimmy is touching, it is not overly ...more
Tammy Lyons
I finished Isle of Man in such a hurry and went on to the third book that I forgot to review the second one! Never a dull moment in any of the books in this series. From one betrayal to the next, you begin to feel that every person Jimmy and Aubrey encounter are untrustworthy and their end is very near. You celebrate with Jimmy as he finds something he's good at and your heart aches for Aubrey as he only wants to find the encryption key to stop the drones. You are constantly questioning the prof ...more
Donna
I loved this book and finally had a chance to finish it today and now I'll be moving on to the third book in this trilogy. I can't wait to see what happens when Aubrey gets to talk to Hannah now. WHat an incredible cliff hanger.
Tamara
The Isle of Man was breathtaking. The descriptions allowed me to see what the characters were seeing. My heart broke at the end. I can't wait for the third book. Very well done.
A great follow up to the Park Service, now I have to get my hands on the third one!
Pamela
Great continuation of the Park Service trilogy. I enjoyed the story very much. Hannah, Aubrey and Jimmy and their continuing adventures to save Aubrey's "home" became more complicated after the end of her father's reign over the world. Interestingly, though, I started to "not trust" Hannah in this part of the trilogy...and rightly so. That part of this book was an awakening to what Hannah is like as a human being--her heart and her compassion for mankind--or lack thereof! I love the way Jimmy an ...more
Bobbi
When can I get the next one? I'm waiting......
Heather
After I finished The Park Service, I immediately opened up Isle Of Man. Lucky me, I had already bought all 3 and had them ready to read one after another should I want to.

I wanted to.

I started Isle Of Man in the evening and I believe I posted on Facebook at 1:42 that I had to get up at 6:30 the next morning but I didn’t want to put it down. I eventually did and got 3 1/2 hours of sleep. I picked it back up as soon as I could the next day.

In Isle of Man Aubrey has so much resting on his shoulder
Janelle Dazzlepants
Guilty Pleasures
Kitty‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 STARS

Book Two of The Park Service Trilogy did not disappoint me in the least. I was looking forward to atruegemawardseeing how Aubrey, Hannah and Jimmy would accomplish their goal of freeing the people from Holecene II and explaining to them that the world was not as they were told. What I didn’t figure on was what they were going to need to do to move forward.

The journey to bring Aubrey’s people up was going to be a long and tedious one. A
Hooked 1 4 Jun 18, 2014 05:12PM
  • The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community
  • The Life Beyond (The Other Life, #2)
  • Herr aller Dinge
  • The Human (The Eden Trilogy, #2)
  • Joshua
  • Singularity Rising: Surviving and Thriving in a Smarter, Richer, and More Dangerous World
  • The Future of Human Nature
  • The Sky Used to be Blue: a Silo story (Karma)
  • The End of All Things (The End of All Things #1)
  • The Lights in the Tunnel: Automation, Accelerating Technology and the Economy of the Future
  • The Sixth Level (Secret Apocalypse, #2)
  • Future Science: Essays from the Cutting Edge
  • Shudder (Stitch Trilogy, #2)
  • The Cloud Seeders
  • The Savage Lands (Planet Urth, 2)
  • Acts of Meaning
  • The Future of the Body
  • Daynight (Daynight, #1)
Hi, I'm Ryan Winfield. I'm a 39-year-old writer living in Seattle. Author of the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestseller Jane's Melody: A Novel, South of Bixby Bridge, and The Park Service Trilogy. I hope you enjoy my books and I'd love to hear from you here or on Facebook

I've been asked why I write. I write because I remember.

I remember waking up to snow. Great buckets of
More about Ryan Winfield...

Park Service Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Park Service (Park Service Trilogy, #1)
  • State of Nature (Park Service Trilogy, #3)
Jane's Melody (Jane's Melody, #1) The Park Service (Park Service Trilogy, #1) South of Bixby Bridge State of Nature (Park Service Trilogy, #3) Jane's Harmony (Jane's Melody, #2)