Start by marking “Must Love Sandwiches (Bartonville, #1)” as Want to Read:
Must Love Sandwiches (Bartonville, #1)

Must Love Sandwiches (Bartonville #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  17 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Librarian Note: Alternate cover edition - ASIN B00AQR57KU.

Emma grew up living in rundown trailer houses and avoiding the constant parade of her mother's boyfriends. The last thing she ever wanted was to be like her mother. She wanted to be an artist, instead of a bartender barely making a living by working at dive bars.

Now that Emma is an adult she lives in an artists' col
Kindle Edition
Published December 19th 2012 by Janel Gradowski

To ask other readers questions about Must Love Sandwiches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Must Love Sandwiches

Darlene
Sep 01, 2016 Darlene rated it really liked it
Must Love Sandwiches (The Bartonville Series) by Janel Gradowski comes after The Queen of Bad Decisions even though it was published before it. I really enjoyed getting to visit again with Daisy and meet her best friend Emma. The two live in an artist’s colony and while Daisy is still looking for love Emma has sworn off men. Having discovered she’s more like her mother than she wants to be in terms of not being able to be alone without a man in her life she vows that she’s going to do it this ...more
Mary
Mar 15, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast read about two 20-something women who are friends and artists. Emma doesn't want to end up like her mother so, after her recent break-up, she thinks it's better to concentrate on her art rather than men. Doesn't matter that the cute food truck guy seems to want to date her. Her friend Daisy does her best to convince her she isn't like her mom and risks missing out on a great guy if she doesn't go out with Brad. Overall, it's an enjoyable novella. I liked the author's writing and would ...more
Yvonne (Fiction Books)
Nov 24, 2014 Yvonne (Fiction Books) rated it really liked it
"Must Love Sandwiches” is the first volume of The Bartonville Series of foodie fiction. This is a “cake” sized (novella) story of approximately 30,000 words.

Recipes and two “truffle” sized (flash) stories of about 1,000 words each are also included, which can be read and enjoyed during that snatched coffee break!

Not being much of an adventurous cook (A blogging friend once put it beautifully - "I only have a kitchen because it came with the house"), I did rather tend to skip over the recipes in
Cindy
Jul 03, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Must Love Sandwiches is a fun read that is about two girls who live in an artist colony. Reading this made me want to craft since the crafting parts of the book are so realistic. The author has to be a creative person of some type!

This book might just possibly make you hungry when the food trucks come at lunch time. The description of the foods all sound so yummy. Now I am thinking the author is a creative person who likes to cook! :)

I must add that the author added some sweet guys that work the
Estrella
Even if one doesn't know the author personally, and has only read her bio -
From the very first page they'll instantly be transported into a world of artists, so well and authentically described.
The attention to details is wonderful, and the story one that most everyone could relate to on some level.
I liked the foodie theme as well, especially since I love cooking myself.

I won't go into further details so as not to give spoilers, but I loved reading Janel Gradowski's work, and really liked how
karmaforlifechick
Sep 15, 2013 karmaforlifechick rated it liked it
I received a copy of Must Love Sandwiches by Janel Gradowski in exchange for an honest review.

This was a very cute, quick read. The characters were good, but they were all seemingly confused by their own perceptions. I found Emma to be particularly over the top with her paranoia, but I think Daisy's lack of self confidence would be more relatable to most of us.

Izola
Nov 06, 2013 Izola rated it it was amazing
This book was a quick and easy read. It also leaves you wondering/hoping that there will be more.....if not about the main characters then maybe one of the others.

I truly enjoyed this book but I had a couple of moments of "which girl is talking?" It wasn't something that was a big deal and it didn't take away from the read at all!

Total bonus to the book.....recipies!! :-)
Vicki Strom
Vicki Strom rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
The Literary Connoisseur
The Literary Connoisseur rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Sandygallen
Sandygallen rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2016
Joan Baartz
Joan Baartz rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2015
Kaye
Kaye rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Jen - At Random
Jen - At Random rated it really liked it
May 21, 2013
Belle Wong
Belle Wong rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Grace Bonacci
Grace Bonacci rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2015
Serena
Serena rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2013
ellie hall
ellie hall rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Joy Weese Moll
Joy Weese Moll marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
Staci
Staci marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Tracylynn
Tracylynn marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
Lade Tawak
Lade Tawak marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Kerri
Kerri marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Elizabeth Towns
Elizabeth Towns marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Josh Richmond
Josh Richmond marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Marge
Marge added it
Jul 18, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Doreen
Doreen added it
Jun 25, 2015
Katherine P
Katherine P marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Shelly Tarsky
Shelly Tarsky is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
R.L.
R.L. marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Laura Reading
Laura Reading marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Sue Hieber
Sue Hieber marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 03, 2016
Jan Flynn
Jan Flynn marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Jennifer Phillips Canty
Jennifer Phillips Canty marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Kellie Clodfelter
Kellie Clodfelter marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Making Connections: 1329. MUST LOVE SANDWICHES by Janel Gradowski 11 24 Jul 02, 2013 12:37PM
Indie and Proud: Must Love Sandwiches 1 13 May 26, 2013 04:32AM
Janel Gradowski grew up, and still lives, in the mitten of Michigan. She is a wife and mother whose writing companion is a crazy Golden Retriever named Cooper. In the past she has worked many jobs. Renting apartments, scorekeeping for a stock car racetrack and selling newspaper classified advertisements are some of the experiences that continue to provide inspiration for her stories. Now she ...more
More about Janel Gradowski...

Bartonville (2 books)
  • The Queen of Bad Decisions (Bartonville, #2)