Start by marking “Visits From the Afterlife: The Truth About Hauntings, Spirits, and Reunions with Lost Loved Ones” as Want to Read:

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,079 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
America's leading psychic Sylvia Browne embarks on her most fascinating, most mind-opening excursion yet into the mysteries of the spirit world. In phenomenal bestsellers like The Other Side and Back and Life on the Other Side, Sylvia Browne showed millions how to get in touch with departed loved ones. Now she opens a new portal, revealing what happens when the spirits of ...more
Audio CD, Abridged
Published October 13th 2003 by HighBridge Company (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Visits From the Afterlife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Visits From the Afterlife

Cynthia
As of May 30th, 2008, I became an orphan. My dad died. I miss him so much. The ache, the longing is indescribable. Just as people stop asking about it, it gets worse. It's always with me. I am checking out SB's books to see what I can find. They were recommended by a compassionate friend, after a peer of mine died last year. I'm just getting to it.

The book starts out pretty well. I like how Browne explains the differences between variant phenomena. Some things hit home for me. She says that spi
Sarah Crawford
Jan 19, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another one of Sylvia Browne's books. It's primarily a book about ghosts, along with some information on what happens to recently deceased people, and how they can be trapped or voluntarily stay in this realm, move on to a higher realm, or go through a left-hand door and reenter this realm by being born in the body of a new baby.

Skeptics, of course, would have a field day with this book. They would claim everything was lies, delusions, etc. What they fail to understand is that the only
Janine
Jan 29, 2011 Janine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was completely kooky and out there. I read this book while working as an editorial assistant for a small publication after receiving a press release about an upcoming appearance by Syliva Browne. I breezed through this book pretty quickly. While there were some interesting bits of information, it wasn't particularly memorable and the impression that I got was that Syliva Browne is just a bit nuts.
Lori
Oct 21, 2009 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read several of Sylvia Browne's books, this is another one that is an easy to read, entertaining account of Sylvia's experiences. She again gives readers her interpretations of hauntings, spirit visitation , imprints, and all kinds of stuff in between. This is territory that is revisited by Browne, but is presented in a way that is review rather than redundant. What was especially good, were the numerous accounts sent in by readers who share their unique experiences both good, bad and mys ...more
Virginiamichelle
I consider myself as an open-minded skeptic, where I know everything is a possibility but at the same time I don't want to be agreeing to anyone so easily just because they have a strong fan-base. That said I did found this book very interesting. It also started to make me question my doubts I had in my religion that I had been battling with. The number one thing I got out of this book was that she reminded me of how easy it was to innocently put your trust in God when you feel you need some pr ...more
Ronnie Frost
Sep 30, 2013 Ronnie Frost rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Idea I find Most Provocative was that everyone pass over to the outside sprint and then sometimes the spirit gets stuck here on earth even though this might not be real to some people it is still cool that something that is not seen by most people so your soul can live on forever in an afterlife on the outside I believe that your spirit is stronger than your body and in this book she talks about how the spirit is the part of you that takes the beating your physical body shows scare but your ...more
Ericka
Oct 06, 2015 Ericka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've mentioned elsewhere that I'm partial to Sylvia Browne and I enjoyed this book as well. I have developed my beliefs without Ms. Browne's assistance and I've come to many of the same conclusions. I believe her concept of a loving God is accurate and it makes hauntings a more positive experience. I've had very good experiences with ghosts and spirits and they're very similar to what she describes.
Sharon
I liked it. I found it on my Aunt Bobbie's night table after she passed away. I wonder if she was getting into this because of her husband, my Uncle Jerry?
SimsationalSimmer
It was very informative and insightful to my experiences I had. it helped me better understand the things I had saw as a teenager and taught me the difference between ghost and spirits. a good recommendation for anyone just getting into the spiritual realm. when no one else believed what I had saw, this book did.
Christina Vetter
Jul 14, 2013 Christina Vetter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Sylvia Browne book I've read. I really liked it! Obviously she talks about ghosts and the spirit world going into thorough detail about what each is and also her own experiences over the years as a psychic. She talks about other people's experiences that have written to her regarding their own spiritual happenings, deceased celebrities, and haunted places in the U.S. So it's a nice mix of everything in one book. I am a believer of the spirit world, so this book was definitely in ...more
Sammantha
Dec 06, 2010 Sammantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I would give this book a five star. Since being interested in the whole ghost and spirits. I really enjoyed it. I learned alot more and stuff I never knew. Spirits are the people whose lives have made it to the other side, ghosts are the ones who didn't go to the white light and stayed behind. Also I am very interested in Sylvia Browne and the work she does. She talks about famous people who have passed away. It was really neat to read about what happen to them and where they are now! :)
Diane Wachter
Sylvia Browne with Lindsay Harrison, The Truth About Hauntings, Spirits and Reunions With Lost Loved Ones. HB-B @ 2003, 6/04. An interesting book, Browne explains the reasons behind many of the world's most bizarre and mysterious hauntings. Good.
Caitlin
Nov 24, 2008 Caitlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who have questions about ghosts & spirits
A great book that proves there is an afterlife and those whom we lost here on earth, are always with us. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who believes in ghosts & spirits (Yes there IS a difference). It will also make you see that some of the little things in life, like "misplacing" our keys, that we overlook is really a loved one or spirit guide from the other side trying to tell you that they are there for you and always will be.
Bebe Burnside
Dec 04, 2011 Bebe Burnside rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion, spiritual, ghost
Like all of Sylvia Browne's books this one provides a lot of information so you can decide if you believe in ghosts or not. The second to last ghost story in the book really hit a nerve with me. I don't want to give it away, but now I want to do some more research and learn more about this murder.
Natalie Lozano
May 15, 2012 Natalie Lozano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a very good read. I enjoyed it. It was a longer read than usual for me because some of the stories were so emotional. I learned a lot, and I liked how Sylvia Brown is adamant about being honest. I think anyone interested in paranormal events and experiences should read it.
Lorraine Carey
Apr 12, 2012 Lorraine Carey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Sylvia as she conveys her messages to the reader in such a down to earth style! I also loved the compilation of ghost stories at the end. You can tell Sylvia has great passion as you can feel each paranormal adventure she encounters by her vivid words of passion.
No one has ever said that Sylvia Browne or should I say her ghost writer Lindsay Harrison can write any better than your average 15 year old, BUT they do know how to write what sells. And who doesn't like to think that our relatives can drop in on us once in awhile? :)
Kristin
Jan 20, 2009 Kristin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
i used to like reading her books then i heard she was a "fraud". so it kinda took the wind outta my sails. Took me a long time to read this book. Maybe she's not a fraud. I don't know what to believe.
Pat
Mar 18, 2013 Pat added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Well put together explanation of the various spirits etc. a person might bump (sort of) into here on Earth. Stories and other examples of actual experiences. Easy enough to read for younger readers.
Robin Murphy
Sep 14, 2011 Robin Murphy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and Sylvia Browne! This helped me tremendously with my research for my second book in the series after Sullivan's Secret. A must read!
Joyce
Sylvia Browne is so down to earth and has a clear voice to the other side. She is practical without being to woo-woo if you know what I mean.
Erica
Oct 25, 2007 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. There are so many interesting facts, and true stories that she explains. Its a great read!
Kate
Feb 09, 2009 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those curious about afterlife
Recommended to Kate by: Mom
Shelves: spiritual, own-it
Sylvia must have had fun writing this one. It was a good read. Interesting and enjoyable. Believable? Not sure.
Denise Halter
Aug 28, 2008 Denise Halter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even if you don't believe all Sylvia writes about this is a fun read, especially around Halloween ;)
Patricia Franz
She has become way too commercialized for my taste, and her sense of humor was lacking in this one.
✟Sabrina Rutter✟
Fun to read, but allot of her stuff repeats itself after a while.
I had this book before, and want it again.
Susan
Jan 20, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
She has interesting stories. I like her "matter of fact" way of how she "sees" and explains things.
Tiffanie
Jan 03, 2009 Tiffanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've lost someone dear to you...you MUST read this book. Even if only for peace of mind.
Jaymi Boswell
Apr 15, 2008 Jaymi Boswell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Angel when she signs up for goodreads.
This book is just her stories of investigating ghosties. I liked it. Spooky.
  • My Life With Sylvia Browne
  • One Last Time
  • Healing with the Angels: How the Angels Can Assist You in Every Area of Your Life
  • Life Among the Dead
  • Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal
  • When Ghosts Speak: Understanding the World of Earthbound Spirits
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • Silver's Spells for Protection
  • Don't Kiss Them Good-bye
  • We Don't Die: George Anderson's Conversations with The Other Side
  • Growing Up Psychic: My Story of Not Just Surviving but Thriving--and How Others Like Me Can, Too
  • The Ghost Hunter (Chilling Tales of Real Life Hauntings)
  • Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places
  • Return From Heaven: Beloved Relatives Reincarnated Within Your Family
  • The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story
  • Haunted Ohio II: More Ghostly Tales from the Buckeye State (Buckeye Haunts)
  • A World Beyond
  • My Descent Into Death: A Second Chance at Life
Sylvia Browne is a number one New York Times–bestselling author and world-famous psychic. She has appeared regularly on The Montel Williams Show and Larry King Live and has made countless other media and public appearances. She is also the founder of a church, the Society of Novus Spiritus, which will celebrate its twenty-fifth anniversary in 2011.
More about Sylvia Browne...