Start by marking “Single Infertile Female: Adventures in Love, Life, and Infertility” as Want to Read:
Single Infertile Female: Adventures in Love, Life, and Infertility

Single Infertile Female: Adventures in Love, Life, and Infertility

“First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in the baby carriage.”

That’s how the story goes, right? We all grow up hearing the same fairy tales, and imagining the same futures. But what happens when the future you have always pictured for yourself, is ripped away before you ever even get the chance to pursue it?

Single Infertile Female tells the story of a gir
Published April 4th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Single Infertile Female, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single Infertile Female

Abby
May 09, 2013 Abby rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I have read and loved the blog. This is one of my favorite blogs, and I look forward to Leah's daily updates. That being said, this book is different from the blog. The basic story is essentially the same, but there is way more detail in parts of the book.

So, the bad first. This book was long. And by the end, it felt long. The last half was almost entirely about the boy. This could have been two books- one about her infertility and one about the boy. The story of the boy has been tol
Becky
May 24, 2013 Becky rated it really liked it
I've followed Leah's story for awhile - I can't remember how I found her blog, and throughout time I've fallen in and out of reading it, but I am always drawn back because her writing is so raw and honest.

Her book is no different.

Don't let the title fool you - this book is about more than infertility.

It's about finding yourself and learning how you handle situations you never thought you'd experience; about trying new things and picking yourself up when they don't work out the way you planned; a
Karen
May 15, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Single Infertile Female is Leah's story. On her blog, she has chronicled her journey through infertility, and the book takes you even deeper into her difficult and painful struggle. What makes this story unique is that she battled endometriosis, infertility, and IVF without a partner by her side.

Because I've followed Single Infertile Female--the blog--for years, I wasn't sure what to expect from the book. Would it be just a collection of her best posts? Or something more?

While many of the experi
Jessica
Jun 09, 2013 Jessica rated it it was ok
I have been an avid reader of Leah's blog for years now. Hers is the only infertility blog that I have kept up with since my own IF journey ended two years ago. I love the way she writes... love her details and lengthy posts. I was so looking forward to the book--to get a deeper glimpse into her story.

I finished tonight and I am so, so disappointed. Not with the length--I love a good, LONG novel, but with the content. The first part of the book was phenomenal. She really brought emotion to the
Samantha Janning
Jan 02, 2015 Samantha Janning rated it really liked it
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review
I shared a personal story recently on my author blog, about learning my biological father is a sperm donor. After that post, I was contacted by Leah Campbell, who talked with me about her story and offered me some great advice, tips, and just an outlet to connect with someone who understands what I went through upon learning that news. Leah offered me a copy of her book, Single Infertile Female, and I immediately took her up on the offer.
I found
Maria
May 17, 2015 Maria rated it liked it
I have been reading Leah's blog and recognised the story that's told. I really liked the first two parts of the book, explaining the disease of endo, infertility and treatments and the enormous impact it has in life.

Personally I though the third part of the book was to lengthy and the 'boy' got way too much space.

I would rather have read more about her ways of healing with for example training for the triathlon and half marathon that only is briefly mentioned at the end.
Melissa Haak
Aug 21, 2013 Melissa Haak rated it it was ok
I wanted more. More details yes, but really more emotion. How it made her feel, each step of the way I wanted to feel that with her and it fell short. The first half was like a series of breathless blog posts told at a mile a minute. The second half slowed down a bit but still left me wanting to know more.
Kim Thibault
Sep 16, 2015 Kim Thibault rated it it was amazing
This was a great honest book about how Leah has navigated through unexpected infertility. She chronicles how she grew up faster & came to realizations she didn't previously think she was ready to make. She then chronicles her failures. Whether it was infertility & failed ivf or relationships. I'd highly recommend the book & even more highly recommend following her on social media!
Susan Mcfarland
Jun 10, 2013 Susan Mcfarland rated it liked it
Having been a follower of SIF for several years, I wasn't unfamiliar with her story. I was pleased to read more of the background and fill of that story. I was just as frustrated reading about the drama with Nick as I was while it happened on the blog. She's an even better writer than I thought and I hope she writes more, as I really enjoyed this book.
Megan Bond
Dec 03, 2015 Megan Bond rated it it was ok
I connected with this author on her IF struggles and loved how she wrote honestly about how everything made her feel. All the parts about her toxic lover just annoyed me though, it just dragged on and on.
Cathy
Sep 03, 2013 Cathy rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2013
The IF and endo stuff was tough to read, a little too raw still, I guess. But that part of it was ok reading. Unfortunately, more than half the book is play by plays of her relationships. That would have been more tolerable if it weren't so...blog-like.
Apr 25, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
LOVED it!!! Accurate portrayal of what someone goes through when faced with infertility!!! Leah is very relatable and makes you feel like great friends!
Rachel Jaffe
The parts about Leah's endometriosis and fertility issues were interesting. Unfortunately, the parts about her relationships were tiresome and showed lack of insight.
Michelle Bodle
Feb 19, 2014 Michelle Bodle rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, women
For me it's not so much what is written or the story that is important but knowing that we are not alone
Laura Mcleod
Jul 11, 2013 Laura Mcleod rated it it was amazing
An honest and frank account of what women go through. I found myself crying at times, laughing at other times and I finished the book with a lot to think about. Highly recommend it to anyone.
Jen
Jen rated it it was ok
May 20, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2015
C Marcia
C Marcia rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2013
Megan Sinagoga
Megan Sinagoga rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was ok
May 19, 2013
Summerbreeze Clinger
Summerbreeze Clinger rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Sarah Goodman
Sarah Goodman rated it really liked it
May 19, 2013
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2015
Mohammed
Mohammed rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2013
Kacey
Kacey rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2013
Jkemp
Jkemp rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2014
Katie Holcomb
Katie Holcomb rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2013
Amanda Perrine
Amanda Perrine rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2016