Start by marking “Part of the Bargain” as Want to Read:
Part of the Bargain

Linda Lael Miller

Part of the Bargain

Home Sweet Home?

To heal the wounds left by a broken marriage and the death of her beloved stepson, Libby Kincaid returned to the ranch where she grew up. But instead of the solace she craved, she found Jess Barlowe--sexy, alluring...and mad as hell.

For years Jess had been her constant opponent, and now malicious rumors tarnishing her reputation seemed only to enrage him fu
Published April 15th 2013 by Harlequin Books (first published September 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Part of the Bargain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Part of the Bargain

Michelle
Aug 09, 2016 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Jess and Libby. She comes back to the ranch to lick her wounds following a disastrous marriage. Jess accuses her of having an affair with his brother, Stacey, mostly because that is what Stacey is telling everyone. Stacey was married and wanted to leave his wife for Libby. Didn't understand that at all, Stacey needed therapy. Then there was Stacey's wife, who had psychological issues of her own! There continued to be trust issues between the two main characters, with lots of immature yelling. Th ...more
Joanne
Dec 05, 2014 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Libby returns to the ranch where she grew up to heal when her step-son dies and her divorce to her uncaring husband. She meets up with Jess Barlowe her old time flame. Will the flames rekindle?
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 10, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ardente Como o Verão
Linda Lael Miller
H.C.P. Sucessos 30
2012

Até então a achava que nunca tinha lido uma estória tão cheia de confusões. Mas agora estou liberta deste estigma. Nunca vi dois casais arrumarem tanta confusão juntos.

O casal principal é ótimo e tão cabeça dura, que em alguns momentos fique muito brava com os dois. Tinham tanto prazer em discutir como tinham em fazer amor.

O segundo casal não ficou muito atrás, arrumaram confusões pra si mesmo, como para os outros, mas o final tudo se re
Jodi
Dec 21, 2010 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Pretty obvious this is an older book of hers but I still really enjoyed it. There was a lot of conflict between Libby and Jess and Libby and Cathy because of lies that Stacey (Jess's brother and Cathy's husband) was spreading. That part of the storyline was annoying to me but I really enjoyed Libby as a character and really liked her relationship with her father. Characters aren't as well developed as they are in her more recent books.
Kelly Fountain
Jun 20, 2013 Kelly Fountain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty great older book. Enjoyed the characters , although there is a lot of angst between Libby and Jess. It was frustrating at times with the lack of trust shown. Idk how I feel about the lies that Stacey told about Libby as well. She was a very forgiving "character". I don't think I could have been that easy to forgive and forget. Overall, good read and I would recommend.
Marina
Aug 31, 2011 Marina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A 2 in 1 authors book. Ms. Miller is her usual wonderful self. The story by Carla Cassidy "To Wed and Protect" was good too. I give it 4 stars. Also, I believe it is part of a series and I do plan to get the other books in that series!
Graceful-Hippo
An easy read, with fun but unmemorable characters. This won't make my list of favorite comfort reads, but it's great for vacation.
Lisa Currier
Not my favorite from this author. The story seemed thrown together and not really going anywhere. Very quick, easy read.
Cecelia
As always wonderful, the pacing was wonky at parts but I still loved it :D
Diane
Jan 22, 2013 Diane rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The characters hate each other then love each other. It was so junior high.
Marianne
Aug 01, 2013 Marianne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not her best. I'm thinking it was written early in her career.
Lesley
Aug 30, 2010 Lesley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite authors - a good quick read.
Jewett
Jul 24, 2011 Jewett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She is always good at making me feel happy.
mary
mary marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Heather Rines Hanson
Heather Rines Hanson rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Scott Michael McDole
Scott Michael McDole marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Carrie Wilson
Carrie Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Bernadette Wilding
Bernadette Wilding rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Cora Ducharme
Cora Ducharme rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Sonnetta
Sonnetta rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Ann Mercer
Ann Mercer marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Beverly Ellis
Beverly Ellis rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Lesley
Lesley added it
Aug 19, 2016
Lori Daley
Lori Daley marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
  • In Our Dreams
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Midnight Rider
  • Tangled Lies (Men Made In America 2 Series, #11)
  • Finding Promise
  • Raw Talent (Colby Agency, #23)
  • Secrets & Sunsets: Risky Business / Mind Over Matter
  • Entwined: Darren's Story
  • Straight from the Heart
  • Kansas City Christmas (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #4; The Precinct #10)
  • Diamond Spur
  • Full Strength (Las Vegas Sinners, #2)
  • The Cowboy's Mail Order Bride (Cowboys & Brides, #3)
  • Sweetwater Seduction
  • Kentucky Home (Southern Comfort, #1)
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...