Start by marking “Lone Star Baby” as Want to Read:
Lone Star Baby

Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #6)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  705 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Wade McMillen might be a minister, but he's also a man. An unmarried and very attractive one. Is it as a man that he responds to the lovely young woman who shows up in Promise, pregnant and alone? Or as a man of God? Maybe it's both. Amy Thornton hopes to make a new life for herself and her baby, and to do that, she needs Reverend McMillen's help, his compassion. What she ...more
Published April 15th 2013 by Harlequin Mira (first published June 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Lone Star Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Star Baby

Kym McNabney
Lone Star Baby:

This one really got into the story of the two main characters, not hitting so much on the other characters from the previous stories or over doing it about what happened with Bitter End. The author really developed these two characters relationship.

This one made me laugh, often and brought about that "good feeling" about the characters, too. I really like this one.

I also like how the story of Bitter End played out. Very cute idea and very creative. Loved many of the ideas and line
Deedee
I absolutely loved this one. It was so adorable and sweet, its as if you had no other choice but to love it.

Story:

When Amy Thornton decided to stay in Promise, Texas; she didn't think that the man she asked for miracles would actually help make them come true.

Wade McMillen was all to happy to help Amy. As the town's pastor its his job to help others in need, but what he never thought he would be confused on, was whether or not the eagerness to help was more for the love of his job or his steady
Clarke
3.2 Stars. Public Library 1/21/15. Amy is six months pregnant and alone when she gets off the bus in Promise a small Texas town. She stumbles in the local church to regroup before looking for work and a place to stay when she meets Reverend Wade. Their meeting is cute as he helps her find her place in the small town a romance grows. This is not the first book in the series but the sixth. Much of the book is taken up with other characters that I can only assume are from the other books. Since I h ...more
Jenn J
I just love her writing. I know it's sappy and way to sweet, but it is just nice to read about nice people. Everything in the world today is dark and hateful; so sometimes it's refreshing to read about people who care about people.
Barb
Wade McMillen might be a minister, but he's also a man. An unmarried and very attractive one. So is it as a man that he responds to Amy Thornton when she shows up in Promise, pregnant and alone? Or as a man of God? Maybe it's both....
For a Minister, Wade was badly i need of his eyes being pried open. Amy was new
to the area, but fit right in. Love both characters. But why is it i always like the girls
better? lol 5 stars.
Kshydog
Amazed how quickly the town embraced Amy as a pregnant single Mom. Glad how this added to Dovie's life since she has just been so nice to everyone else. Minister really laid it out to his congregation about how to think about things. Liked the complete circle for Bitter End.
Yekaterina
Amy is lost and hopeless as she stumbled upon Promise, Texas. She arrives with barely a thing and ends up gaining more than anyone can ask for. She's the answer to Wade's prayers and spark in Dovie and Franks future. Her unborn baby- is just a bonus.
This was also not my favorite but a nice conclusion to a good series. Great characters and multiple plots. However this book focused on one major plot which is what dropped this book a star. It just didn't have Debbie's signature multi-plot story goi
'Chele
You always know how her books are going to turn out, which is why I read Debbie Macomber books. I like the single mom and preacher story line, mixed with Bittersweet.
Anita Mott
This was an OK story, but a predictable gothic romance: boy meets girl, they fall in love, they have a fight then get married to live happily ever after. Not my kind of story. I read it because it was part of "Heart of Texas, Vol 3"
Katie
Oh gosh. Cornier than usual. I think I need a break from the saccharine stories Macomber writes...but who am I kidding, I know I will be back.
Margaret Fraleigh
Another awesome story by Debbie Macomber. Can't put her books down once I start reading one.
Michelle Molinari
Lone Star Baby, part of the “Heart of Texas” series, added a pregnant outsider who decided on a whim to live in this cute little Texas town. The preacher and entire community rally’s around her to get her back on her feet and a good stable home for her future child. I enjoyed that the locals embraced her rather than shun her for not having been born there. Maybe because she was already from another town in Texas and not a city gal? Although I consider Dallas Ft Worth area a rather large city. A ...more
Barbi
Yet another heartwarming romantic story! I loved the story of Amy and Pastor Wade. The characters in the book are so relatable and likable. This book went so fast and I had trouble putting it down.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
Series keeps improving. Technically this is the end of the 6-part series as it was first written. However, she revisited it years later, writing "Promise Texas" and "Return to Promise".
Cindy
I knew this wa a dud when the unmarried pregnant girl gets off the bus in a small twon, they all fall in love with her the the local pastor asks her to marry him. Pee-Yew!\
Jane(Janelba)
Loved this book so much. Now to read book #7 which Debbie Macomber wrote to revisit Promise, Texas years after she had originally completed the series.
Kristin
Again, very easy read! wish it wasn't the last one-could read more to find out what happens to the characters! Enjoyable
Alice
this is the last in the Heart of Texas series. But, I believe there are two more books about life in Promise, Texas.
Haley
Best one yet. Wonderful. Silly. Really cute and totally unrealistic. Loved it.
Jill
#6 in Heart of Texas Series
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Janice Smith
Janice Smith is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2015
Roxie Maturin
Roxie Maturin marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Srividya
Srividya marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
  • The Moon for Lavinia
  • The Mistress Bride
  • Mistress by Contract
  • The Greek Tycoon's Revenge
  • The Greek's Royal Mistress (Princess Brides, #2)
  • Traded to the Sheikh
  • Menaklukkan Calon Istri (To Woo A Wife) (Bachelor Brothers, Book 1)
  • His Virgin Secretary
  • Shackled by Diamonds (Models & Millionaires, #2)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Dylan (The Mighty Quinns, #2)
  • The Sheikh's Unwilling Wife

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Heart of Texas (8 books)
  • Lonesome Cowboy (Heart of Texas #1)
  • Texas Two-Step (Heart of Texas #2)
  • Caroline's Child (Heart of Texas #3)
  • Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Nell's Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)
  • Promise, Texas (Heart of Texas #7)
  • Return to Promise (Heart of Texas #8)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)