Dr. Texas

Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #4)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  627 ratings  ·  26 reviews
LET DEBBIE MACOMBER TAKE YOU INTO THE HEART OF TEXAS

Welcome back to Promise, Texas, a ranching community deep in the Hill Country. It's a good place to live and raise a family--and a good place to visit. Yes, there's a secret or two hidden beneath Promise's everyday exterior, but what town doesn't have its secrets?

DR. TEXAS
They call her Dr. Texas. She's Jane Dickinson, a n...more
Published April 15th 2013 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 1998)

Barb
They call her Dr. Texas. She's Jane Dickinson, a newly graduated physician from California who's working at the Promise clinic--but just for a couple of years. They call him Mr. Grouch.
Cal Patterson was left at the altar by his out-of-state fiancée, and he's not over it yet. Too bad Jane reminds him so much of the woman he's trying to forget!
Cal isn't trusting any out of town woman. Then why would he kiss one? You gotta love Cal. He's hard working, last to voice his opinion, well respected in P...more
Michelle Molinari
I really enjoyed this book almost as much as the first one. As a Californian, born and raised, it was fun to read about a Californian displaced in a small town of Texas. This might be a secret dream of mine. It was fun to read about how she didn’t fit in and I sympathize with her wanting my dressing on the side! I also liked how as one relationship was getting started, another was unfolding. I believe in the other books there was a secondary relationship but it didn’t get as much of a spot light...more
Debbie
In trade for getting some of her student loans paid down, Dr. Jane Dickinson agreed to a three year stretch as a clinic doc for a small town in Promise Texas. Big City California doc had lots to learn about small town Texas, but after talking to her, Cal Patterson soon realized she was a good sport and willing to try to fit in. Riding a horse, dressing the cowgirl part and listening to Willie Nelson all with a sense of humor that even got Cal to loosen up

Book 4 …. Normally I am all about readin...more
Amanda Sheila
One thing I liked—and slightly disliked of Debbie Macomber's style of writing is the way she jumped from one character's point of view to another. Liked, because I certainly loved one book with multiple stories in it and thank God Miss Macomber's wrote it beautifully. Disliked, because, exactly what I described in my profile, I'm easily distracted. I'm having a hard time to keep focus on one story. So.. Yeah, you know what I mean.

Jane's a newbie in small town Promise. This new doctor from Calif...more
Kshydog
Enjoyed the determination of the female doctor in trying to get what she wants in visiting the ghost town and riding the horse. Liked how The postmistress stood her ground in after 10 years of just having a boyfriend.
Lisa
This was a standard Debbie Macomber romantic plot but it had some enjoyable moments. Although the stereo typical description of Texans was rather annoying. And cliché.
Yekaterina
Jane agrees to move to Promise, Texas and service the community in order to pay off her debit. She is immediately shunned by the community and asks Dovie for help. Dovie and Ellie waste no time introducing Dr. Jane to her reason for making Promise permanent.
This was my favorite of the Heart of Texas series. It was the perfect mix of drama, romance and action. Nice quick read.
Quick romantic read once one becomes acclimated to all the characters (or again, if it's been a while since one has read the first book in the series). I found the Texas stereotypes a bit hokey at times. Best part to me was the mystery about Bitter End. Unfortunately, one has to wait to the next book in the series to find out the best part of that mystery. That's one way to make one read more! :D
Kym McNabney
I loved reading about Jane and Cal, thought I didn't think this one was as good as the ones before. But once again, well written and a good story. Just could have used a bit more sparing, drams, between the main characters. Make sure to read the two before and the two after. Heartwarming, good clean romance. I can't wait to get started on the others, about Nell and Wade.
Yvonne Thompson
I love Debbie Macomber stories ...
Courtney
Still can't get enough of this small town romance!
Sherie Courtney
It was one of my first Debbie MacComber books and enticed me to read all her books. She has several excellent series. This is one of her Texas series. You don't have to read the whole series to enjoy, but they're even better when you do.
Since I live in Texas, I enjoyed the entire Texas series. This author has a way of creating a community in her books where reading feels like visiting friends. Whether it is the Cedar Cove series or this one, I enjoy them all!
Barbi
I loved the story of Cal and Dr Jane! What a sweet story of Cal being able to find love again. I also loved how the author wove in the stories of some of the other characters that we have come to know.
Rita
I enjoyed the book very much. A city girl goes to Texas annd starts a new life. a fast read. thanks for writing this book, Debbie McComber, another good one.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
The series keeps getting better with each book. In this one we resolve what's going on with Richard Weston (one of the backstories of the series.)
Tiffany
WONDERFUL LOVE STORY BETWEEN THE GROUCHY BUT SEXY CALVIN PATTERSON AND THE NEW DOCTOR, GORGEOUS JANE!!!
Jane(Janelba)
These books keep getting better and better. Really looking forward to book 5.
Catherine Aubie
Enjoyed this book - not as much as the first 3 but it was still very good.
Cecelia
a little to brief and unfocused on Jan and Cal but still wonderful
Alice
4th in the series dealing with the Dr. from California.
Jenn J
Love, love, love her writing.
T
good enough for chich lit
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Blanche
Blanche marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
  • Montana Sunset
  • Blackmailed by Diamonds, Bound by Marriage (A Mediterranean Marriage) (Harlequin Presents #2598)
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Springwater Wedding (Springwater, #7)
  • The Italian Boss's Mistress (Brides of L'Amour, #2) (Harlequin Presents, #2367)
  • Texas Heat (Texas, #2)
  • Possessed by the Sheikh (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #3)
  • Blackmailed into Marriage
  • After Tex
  • Montana Destiny
  • The Wedding Ultimatum (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, #2241)
  • An Old-Fashioned Girl (The Best Of Betty Neels)
  • Bought By The Greek Tycoon
  • His Wedding-Night Heir

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)