Start by marking “Caroline's Child” as Want to Read:
Caroline's Child

Caroline's Child (Heart of Texas #3)

LET DEBBIE MACOMBER TAKE YOU INTO THE HEART OF TEXAS

Welcome back to Promise, Texas, a ranching community deep in the Hill Country. It's a good place to live and raise a family--and a good place to visit. Yes, there's a secret or two hidden beneath Promise's everyday exterior, but what town doesn't have its secrets?

CAROLINE'S CHILD
Who's the father of Caroline Daniels's chil
Published April 15th 2013 by Mira Books (first published March 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Caroline's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caroline's Child

Debbie
Raising her five year old daughter Maggie by herself, Caroline Daniels worked as the post mistress. Now that her best friend Savannah was happily married, it was only a matter of time before her and her other now engaged friend Ellie, decided that everybody needed to be matched up. Taking his sisters suggestion, Grady Weston tried to get along with Caroline and lucky for him Caroline seemed to be one of the few people immune to his brother Richard’s charms. For everything he did for Caroline and ...more
Barb
Mar 12, 2014 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who's the father of Caroline Daniels's child? Everyone in town wants to know, but no one's ever asked--or ever will. The people of Promise are protective of Caroline and five-year-old Maggie. They care. Especially rancher Grady Weston, who's beginning to realize he more than cares....
Another great story from Macomber. She spins a tale that twists and turns in every direction. Each one i read, i like better than the first. 5 stars.
Roz Curney-Sherod
I'm actually rating this book 3 1/2 Stars. In the beginning of reading this book, I thought, Oh No not another bratty kid keeping the hero and heroine from HEA. So I hesitated in reading this e-book, kind of moved slow while introducing the characters and their backgrounds. It started getting really interesting when Grady's brother showed up at the ranch. A little drama and suspense. Wish I could have found out what happened to the secondary characters because their stories were just as interest ...more
Michelle Molinari
Much like the other books this one centers around another match made in Promise, TX. The stories are the same formula but it’s always fun to read how they end up together. Don’t expect a twist ending or a nail-bitter. Just enjoy Macomber’s narrative & storytelling talents and settle in for a good love story. In this book we learn who Maggie’s dad is, which I did start to suspect in the second book but it was nice to see it confirmed and see how Macomber explains the mystery. I just love all ...more
Sherry
Feb 01, 2016 Sherry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I actually listened to this book on CD while I was painting. I found the story line charming but the author tended to repeat info from earlier in the book often. I found the repetition annoying. I don't think the reader needed to be told what they had learned a few chapters earlier again.
Amanda Sheila
Jul 25, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Wow, I liked this one.

Awkward and didn't know what to do, Grady asked Caroline for a date. She was always loved her and vice versa, but it's like everything went wrong every time they go out together. And Caroline's daughter, Maggie, seems to liked Richard, Grady's younger brother, more. Grady wants to marry Caroline but she's afraid that the truth about Maggie's biological father will tear every thing apart..

I jumped to the 3rd book first because I'm in awe of Grady. His gruffness hooked me a
Kshydog
Feb 12, 2014 Kshydog rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Liked this a little less than previous ones in the series. I think because there is so much repetitious statements made. Did like the humorous jabs between Grady and Caroline before they admit to each other their love. Glad to find more info about the things brother Richard has done in his life and knowing he will still play a part in future stories in the series.
KStar0330
Sweet story with a town full of new engagements, weddings, and a smidge of match making trying to help others find their true loves as well. A little bit of mystery, romance, and trouble of course to add to the story. :)
Marilyn Jones
Mar 01, 2014 Marilyn Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read!

This book is one that tugs at your heart strings, frustrates you, and makes you feel warm inside. Another good book by Debbie Macomber. visit Promise Texas.

Katie
Nov 08, 2014 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboys, deb
This was my least favorite book in the series so far, because it just seemed so predictable, even by Macomber standards.

Richard is still the worst.
Tessa
Mar 24, 2016 Tessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although part of the story was predictable (like who Maggie's father is) this was still a wonderful western love story.
Lisa
The mystery is solved--we know who Maggie's father is.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
So far, the best of the Heart of Texas series. We still don't know what the rascal of a brother Richard is doing in the ghost town of Bitter End (the backstory throughout the series) but at least another romance worked out. This one had more plot twists and wasn't as predictable as the second book. Off to continue with book 4... see what the good Doc's up to.
Yvonne Thompson
Jan 16, 2014 Yvonne Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I'm ready to start the next book in the series.
Sue Klasing
Scary kidnapping, happy ending.
Yekaterina
Dec 31, 2013 Yekaterina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Caroline is a single mother raising a five year old daughter, Maggie. Grady, Savannah and Laredo finally see Richards true colors. But some how this family manages to blends.
Courtney
Jan 04, 2014 Courtney rated it it was amazing
Yet another good book in the series! Can't wait to read the next one!
Kim Hampton
Sep 18, 2014 Kim Hampton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in the "Heart of Texas" series. I kind of had the plot twist figured out but I still enjoyed the book. I really like the characters, they seem like my kind of people.
Margaret Fraleigh
Excellent story - sure leaves it open for another book. Have to check to see if there is one. If so, I will definitely read it.

I love Debbie Macomber books.
Alice
Jun 04, 2012 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I realize that people who haven't read the first two of the series need to be clued in, but there seems to be repetition every several pages!
Jenn J
Jul 12, 2013 Jenn J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love her writing never a disappointment. Always cute, sappy, and feel good.
Catherine Aubie
Dec 05, 2012 Catherine Aubie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this one as much as the other 2 - couldn't put it down.
S
Sep 08, 2010 S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and very sweet. No sex, but nice longing.
Lori
Jul 28, 2011 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Predictable, but nice fluffy feel good read.
Captmashpea
I didnt really related to the characters.
Leeann Waite
Aug 03, 2013 Leeann Waite rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it, but I like all her bboks
Valerie
May 05, 2011 Valerie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Light read and enjoyable.
T
Aug 18, 2012 T rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good enough for chick lit
Marilyn Schafer
Dec 12, 2013 Marilyn Schafer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed the book
  • Besieged
  • The Baby Discovery (Bachelor Dads, #3)
  • A Match for Sister Maggy
  • Desire for Revenge
  • His Forbidden Bride
  • An Ideal Marriage?
  • 3, 2, 1... Married!: Catch a Cowboy, Collide with a Single Daddy, Get Personal
  • Bedded by Blackmail
  • Love-Slave to the Sheikh
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 950 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Heart of Texas (8 books)
  • Lonesome Cowboy (Heart of Texas #1)
  • Texas Two-Step (Heart of Texas #2)
  • Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Nell's Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)
  • Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #6)
  • Promise, Texas (Heart of Texas #7)
  • Return to Promise (Heart of Texas #8)

“ragged. “I’m sorry,” 0 likes