Caroline's Child

Caroline's Child (Heart of Texas #3)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  648 ratings  ·  26 reviews
LET DEBBIE MACOMBER TAKE YOU INTO THE HEART OF TEXAS

Welcome back to Promise, Texas, a ranching community deep in the Hill Country. It's a good place to live and raise a family--and a good place to visit. Yes, there's a secret or two hidden beneath Promise's everyday exterior, but what town doesn't have its secrets?

CAROLINE'S CHILD
Who's the father of Caroline Daniels's chil...more
Published April 15th 2013 by Mira Books (first published March 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Caroline's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caroline's Child

Debbie
Raising her five year old daughter Maggie by herself, Caroline Daniels worked as the post mistress. Now that her best friend Savannah was happily married, it was only a matter of time before her and her other now engaged friend Ellie, decided that everybody needed to be matched up. Taking his sisters suggestion, Grady Weston tried to get along with Caroline and lucky for him Caroline seemed to be one of the few people immune to his brother Richard’s charms. For everything he did for Caroline and...more
Barb
Who's the father of Caroline Daniels's child? Everyone in town wants to know, but no one's ever asked--or ever will. The people of Promise are protective of Caroline and five-year-old Maggie. They care. Especially rancher Grady Weston, who's beginning to realize he more than cares....
Another great story from Macomber. She spins a tale that twists and turns in every direction. Each one i read, i like better than the first. 5 stars.
Michelle Molinari
Much like the other books this one centers around another match made in Promise, TX. The stories are the same formula but it’s always fun to read how they end up together. Don’t expect a twist ending or a nail-bitter. Just enjoy Macomber’s narrative & storytelling talents and settle in for a good love story. In this book we learn who Maggie’s dad is, which I did start to suspect in the second book but it was nice to see it confirmed and see how Macomber explains the mystery. I just love all...more
Amanda Sheila
Wow, I liked this one.

Awkward and didn't know what to do, Grady asked Caroline for a date. She was always loved her and vice versa, but it's like everything went wrong every time they go out together. And Caroline's daughter, Maggie, seems to liked Richard, Grady's younger brother, more. Grady wants to marry Caroline but she's afraid that the truth about Maggie's biological father will tear every thing apart..

I jumped to the 3rd book first because I'm in awe of Grady. His gruffness hooked me a...more
Kshydog
Liked this a little less than previous ones in the series. I think because there is so much repetitious statements made. Did like the humorous jabs between Grady and Caroline before they admit to each other their love. Glad to find more info about the things brother Richard has done in his life and knowing he will still play a part in future stories in the series.
Kstar0330
Sweet story with a town full of new engagements, weddings, and a smidge of match making trying to help others find their true loves as well. A little bit of mystery, romance, and trouble of course to add to the story. :)
Marilyn Jones
Another great read!

This book is one that tugs at your heart strings, frustrates you, and makes you feel warm inside. Another good book by Debbie Macomber. visit Promise Texas.

Lisa
The mystery is solved--we know who Maggie's father is.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
So far, the best of the Heart of Texas series. We still don't know what the rascal of a brother Richard is doing in the ghost town of Bitter End (the backstory throughout the series) but at least another romance worked out. This one had more plot twists and wasn't as predictable as the second book. Off to continue with book 4... see what the good Doc's up to.
Yvonne Thompson
I loved this book! I'm ready to start the next book in the series.
Yekaterina
Caroline is a single mother raising a five year old daughter, Maggie. Grady, Savannah and Laredo finally see Richards true colors. But some how this family manages to blends.
Courtney
Yet another good book in the series! Can't wait to read the next one!
Margaret Fraleigh
Excellent story - sure leaves it open for another book. Have to check to see if there is one. If so, I will definitely read it.

I love Debbie Macomber books.
Alice
I realize that people who haven't read the first two of the series need to be clued in, but there seems to be repetition every several pages!
Marina Andreou
I love the books of Debbie's because she write so romantic and sensitive heroes :)I enjoy the story so much!!!
Jenn J
I love her writing never a disappointment. Always cute, sappy, and feel good.
Catherine Aubie
Enjoyed this one as much as the other 2 - couldn't put it down.
S
Short and very sweet. No sex, but nice longing.
Lori
Predictable, but nice fluffy feel good read.
Captmashpea
I didnt really related to the characters.
Leeann Waite
I liked it, but I like all her bboks
Valerie
Light read and enjoyable.
T
good enough for chick lit
Heidi Lundgren
Heidi Lundgren marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
  • Montana Sunset
  • Joe's Wife
  • True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley, #2)
  • The Italian Boss's Mistress (Brides of L'Amour, #2)
  • Blackmailed by Diamonds, Bound by Marriage (A Mediterranean Marriage #7)
  • The Outlaw (Willow Creek, #2)
  • Cold Night, Warm Stranger
  • Texas Heat (Texas, #2)
  • Gallagher's Pride (Gallagher, #1)
  • Runaway (The Outsider Series, #5)
  • Three Weeks with a Bull Rider (Oklahoma Nights, #3)
  • Bought By The Greek Tycoon
  • The Bride of Willow Creek
  • An Old-Fashioned Girl (The Best Of Betty Neels)
  • Possessed by the Sheikh (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #3)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Blackmailed into Marriage
  • Springwater Wedding (Springwater, #7)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)