Start by marking “Texas Two-Step” as Want to Read:
Texas Two-Step

Texas Two-Step (Heart of Texas #2)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  757 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Welcome to the town of Promise, deep in the heart of Texas!

Promise, a ranching community in the Hill Country, is a place with a mysterious past and more than its share of secrets. It's also a place where family and friendship matter....

TEXAS TWO-STEP
After her father's death, Ellie Frasier takes over the feed store in Promise. Still in mourning, she relies on her friends fo...more
Published April 15th 2013 by Mira Books (first published February 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Texas Two-Step, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Texas Two-Step

Jacob Proffitt
All of the problems of the first book and none of the charm. Part of the problem is that Glen couldn't be dumber if he had a brainectomy. Which wouldn't be so bad except that the author expects the reader to take his stupidity seriously--i.e. we're supposed to believe that Glen could know and be friends with Ellie for years and still believe she'd fall for the prat Richard. Seriously?

Bitter Springs is downplayed in this one, with only a single visit to the town and it's still only mildly spooky....more
Debbie
Losing her father then watching her mother pack up and sell the home she grew up in and then moving left Ellie Frasier feeling alone. Having a close friend like Glen Patterson new by helped some, running her fathers feed store helped some, but the sorrow was still there. Now that Ellie had gotten an inheritance, Richard Weston saw opportunity to get some money, move up in his life and drive his brother Grady’s best friend Glen crazy. After being friends for so long, Glen was worried that one kis...more
Michelle Molinari
I’m really enjoying the characters in these novels (this is #2 in the Hart of Texas saga). I’m sure this has something to do with the publishing date but I wanted the misunderstandings to be a bit more believable. Reminds me of those movies where instead of just taking the opportunity to speak up the person allows the other to just walk out thinking the worst. I’m not sure that works in today’s market/society anymore? I like that just as a couple gets together, there’s something to tear them bac...more
Barb
After her father's death, Ellie Frasier takes over the feed store in Promise. Still in mourning, she turns to her friends for comfort. But now her long-standing relationship with one of those friends--rancher Glen Patterson--seems to be turning into something else....
Almost a continuation of the first book. Can't wait to get book #3, #4, #5, #6.... Highly recommended. 5 star.
Michele
Debbie Macomber is my go-to author when I need a little light-hearted reading. This series is about the people from Promise, TX - a ranching community in the Hill Country. It's pretty stereotypic cowboy romance, but I practically fell out of my chair laughing at a couple of the romance scenes.
Luisa
So, clearly when I wrote "I'll most likely read more books from this series" in my review of Macomber's Lonesome Cowboy, I really meant that I had already read book #2 in the series and would be reviewing it mere minutes later. But no matter. This story had some nice resolution for characters I met and started cheering for in the first one. The younger brother is still a jerk, but he's fun to hate, so I keep going back for more plot line. I think Grady and Caroline will get together in the next...more
Debbie K
Love this series. Can't wait to read the next ones.
Richelle
Listened to this book, and it took me the first cd to get use to the readers voice. when she would read the male characters dialog she would use this terrible deep unmanly voice. Once I got over that it was a good read. The only thing is that we never finished Richard's story. I am kind of thinking it will be in the next book, but it still would have been nice to round out the story.
Kshydog
Glad that there was a little bit about Savannah and her now husband Laredo which I enjoyed from the first book. Still no resolution to the problems that the brother Richard created earlier but glad how he was a part of this story and the tensions he created. I liked the struggles that occurred with Ellie and Glen trying to stay friends after their very tender kiss.
Yekaterina
Ellie is running the feed store in town, solo. Losing her father was the hardest thing she's had to go through. Luckily her best friend, Glen, is there every step of the way... All the way to the alter.
Cute story, even a tad bit of suspense. I enjoyed it.
'Chele
Part of The Heart of Texas series by Debbie Macomber, is set in the Hill Country of Texas. I live in this area and she nailed the setting. I like this story because if focuses more on the men's side of what is going on in the town of Promise and the romances within. Filled with humor it is a really good story.
Julianne
"Heart of Texas" series, Book #2. The gal who runs the feed store is best friends with one of the local ranchers. Can a man and a woman ever be best friends without there being a romantic involvement? Nobody thinks it's possible, yet these two think they're pulling it off. Until someone else asks her out...
Yvonne Thompson
This one left me wanting more... I'm going to have to read the next in the series.
Kim Hampton
The second book in Debbie Macomber's "Heart of Texas" series finds Ellie mourning the death of her father and her mother's move. Is her friend Glen up to the task of comforting her....and maybe more? You know they always say friends make great spouses!
Courtney
I love this series! Once you get stated it's hard to put it down. Can't wait to see what happens next.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I don't like the Heart of Texas series as much as her other series but it's not bad. The books are a little slow in places compared to her others but its still good.
Stacy
This book was about Elle and Glen seem to be taking their relationship to the next level. They have been friends for years, but have now made it something more.
Haley
Again, eh. It was ok....honestly I think I would rather read something else. Seriously the writing and story lines don't appeal to me.
Barbi
I loved the story of Glen, Ellie, and Richard! Yet another heartwarming story that just makes you like the characters even more.
Ruth
I listened to this book in the car. Thought the reading of it was done well but did not care for the story line.
Jane(Janelba)
Really enjoying this series. Don't think I have found anything by Debbie Macomber that I didn't enjoy !
Jenn J
I really enjoy Debbie Macomber writing. It's always a sweet story and an easy read.
Marina Andreou
I like so much this storie!!!great book and a very strange but wonderful cover :)
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
  • Springwater (Springwater, #1)
  • True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley, #2)
  • Blackmailed by Diamonds, Bound by Marriage (A Mediterranean Marriage #7)
  • The Italian Boss's Mistress (Brides of L'Amour, #2)
  • The Tender Texan
  • Montana Sunset
  • The Mistress Bride
  • Gallagher's Pride (Gallagher, #1)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Fallen (Beartooth, Montana, #0.5)
  • The Italian Duke's Wife (By Royal Command) (Harlequin Presents #2529)
  • The Bride of Willow Creek
  • Blackmailed into Marriage
  • Lone Star Christmas (includes: Hawk's Way, #11 & Long, Tall Texans, #18))
  • Uncharted Stars
  • The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1)
  • An Old-Fashioned Girl (The Best Of Betty Neels)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)

“Grandpa Patterson used to say: Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.” 77 likes