Start by marking “Sorceress (Medieval, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sorceress (Medieval, #3)

Sorceress (Medieval #3)

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  470 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
THE WATCHER: He smells her. Feels her. Knows she is coming. Chosen by the Fates, she is the one. Only she can lift the curse of darkness. But he will stop her-and he will sacrifice her.

THE WOMAN: Flame-haired and green-eyed, Bryanna looks enchanted but has always felt cursed, plagued by mysterious visions and voices. Bound by destiny to save an innocent life, Bryanna foll
Published September 4th 2007 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Sorceress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorceress

The Bride by Julie GarwoodA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtThe Secret by Julie GarwoodRansom by Julie GarwoodHonor's Splendour by Julie Garwood
Best Medieval Romance Novels
232nd out of 450 books — 810 voters
The Lovely Bones by Alice SeboldBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerThe Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim EdwardsWicked by Gregory MaguireThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Wall Bangers!
347th out of 584 books — 457 voters

More lists with this book...

Gail
Nov 09, 2008 Gail rated it it was ok
This book felt older than it is. To me, it read like one from the early 90s, a little overwrought. The hero is the bastard son of a noble who apparently wants the son dead. The heroine is the pampered daughter of another noble on the Welsh border who has visions that have now driven her out to deal with "danger from the north." There's some ominous something coming after her. Of course she hooks up with the hero, and splits from him, and meets the bad guy and is almost fooled. There's magic, and ...more
Regan Walker
Oct 16, 2012 Regan Walker rated it really liked it
Unique Blend of Historical Romance and Fantasy/Paranormal

I read Jackson’s Welsh trilogy (ENCHANTRESS, KISS OF THE MOON and OUTLAW) and loved it, and thought I’d read her second Welsh trilogy. This one's a bit different, but still quite good.

SORCERESS, set in late 13th century Wales, is the third in the trilogy, a medieval romance with strong fantasy/paranormal elements.

It tells of a legend of the Chosen One who was

Sired by Darkness,
Born of Light,
Protected by the Sacred Dagger,
A ruler of all
Rachel
Aug 17, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
This was a departure from the typical historical romance fare!
"Sorceress" is more of a Celtic fantasy/adventure novel with a bit of a romantic side story thrown in for good measure, so it may not be received very warmly by fans of traditional romance. There are also some very dark undertones and plot elements that could almost classify as horror, or, at the very least, dark fantasy. It also has some seriously creepy antagonists...
I really enjoyed it, but I mostly read fantasy anyway and ventur
Melissa
Sep 03, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
From the moment I read the first page, I knew I would be hooked.
The author is insightful, descriptive, strings her sentences with perfection.
There is everything required for an amazing tale in this novel.
Love, sadness, fear, magic, desire, blood, light and hope.
A young girl leaves the safety of her home and family to fulfill a quest and have the adventure of a lifetime.
There is evil out to stop her from succeeding but there is also a man who is determined to make her his and he will literally f
Nura
Jan 23, 2011 Nura rated it liked it
mana magick-nya??? bikin capek aja...
Paranormal Romance
The 16 year old heroine leaves the safety of her sisters home because a voice in her head pushes her to meet her destiny and the mystery of her birth. There's also the fact that the heroine fancies herself in love with her sisters husband which she's disgusted with herself about. So with only her horse, the heroine travels the wilds of Wales only to meet up with a stranger who's a wanted criminal and also turns out to be a childhood crush. He's a bastard who is charged with murdering the sheriff ...more
Marie
Jan 22, 2016 Marie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-r, 2014
Bintang 3
Medieval Trilogy #3.

Wow...
Baru kali ini baca buku berasa seperti bermain game RPG. Kesan terakhir selesai baca, nih buku kalau dijadikan film petualangan kayaknya asyik ya...
Bagiku semua unsur yg membuatnya asyik tergabung jadi satu dengan baik: petualangan, pertentangan antara kegelapan dan cahaya, perjalanan yg berujung pada pencarian jati diri, benda magis yg diperebutkan, sihir, penyihir cantik, ksatria pelindung, pemburu yg bertobat, hewan pelindung jejadian, kesatria jahat, hingga
Raine Thomas
This was my first of Lisa Jackson's books, and I'll admit it was a gift from my husband. I give the author credit for creating an obvious series of books without each book being dependent on the other. Where this book failed for me was in how it didn't make me want to read the book that evidently came before it.

Without revealing too much, what I will say is I was disappointed that evil in any way succeeded in its efforts. While I know that good and innocence can't always prevail, the way the evi
Kimmy
Jan 24, 2016 Kimmy rated it it was ok
At first the plot seemed so odd especially with all the different angles the author wrote I caught along quick but in all honesty I believe some scenes were better written off.
Heckmom
Jun 01, 2014 Heckmom rated it it was ok
Too long, with some boring parts. Skimmed some and had to force myself to finish. Sad because I usually like this author.
Amanda
Sep 30, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodwill
The maine character is Brianna who is 16 I like her very much her character and personality showed both strength and naive. Gowan was awesome fierce, loyal, loving, and anything you would expect of a hero he isnt the average scarred hero whos moody possessive domineering hes different. Some of the events were so surprising and there was suspense, action and drama. Though I did enjoy tge book the one MAIN reason it didnt get 5 stars is the ending some, the strings were wrapped up too fast for my ...more
Ceecee
Jan 02, 2013 Ceecee marked it as life-is-too-short
Recommended to Ceecee by: Billie
Shelves: not-my-cup-o-tea
On hold. I don't really want to read adult romance right now. Sorry, Ate Billie. I was on page 18 and the villain has a POV - a very perverted POV - and it made me squirmish.

Though maybe I will be finishing this after I finish the other books lent to me. There is a higher probability that I'll reread and finish Wuthering Heights instead. Also, Gone-Away Lake. :)
Candy Lazzaro
Jan 11, 2014 Candy Lazzaro rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. A friend of mine gave it to me just before Christmas, so of course I started reading it. I had no idea there were two books written before this one. So that's my goal now, I've been looking for copies of the first 2 books. I'm really curious as to how the story started because I loved how it ended.
Brilliant Hermione
Bagus, menarik dan menegangkan.
Annette
Aug 16, 2010 Annette rated it liked it
I felt so bad for Kambria (my daughter's name is Cambria:)
but I'm glad she was there as the wolf to help out.
I often wished Isa would tell her more. It was as frustrating for me, as it was for Bryanna that Isa wouldn't tell her more.
I hate the sexual content in this book though. I always find depraved sexual thought by the bad guys in these books turns my stomach and I skim right over it.

Mystery, love, adventure, unknown, a quest and help from the beyond.
Linda
Apr 12, 2012 Linda rated it it was ok
While I love her books, this one was Just OK to me. It dragged a bit and took longer for me to read. I love this kind of story line, but something was missing here. I'm not sure what it was about this book but it wasn't her best. I'm sure it happens to all writers, I wouldn't want to try my hand at it that's for sure. Still will read her books though because Lisa is a wonderful writer.
Janie Johnson
Sep 23, 2012 Janie Johnson rated it really liked it
This is an Epic tale of good vs. evil. It displays the love a mother has for her child and the risks taken to see that he is safe. You will see the gallant love of a warrior as he tries to protect both mother and his child. And all for the sake of a prophesy foretold by a spirit named Isa. This is brilliantly written. Once again I was not disappointed by Lisa Jackson.
Mahareni Sukadi
Gak suka buku ini gara2 si heroine ksih respon positip pas d-rape si villain!Pdhal sblm mnginvasi,si villain jelas2 mnegaskn, "Ak bukan Gavyn." Tetep sj si heroine ikut mnikmati n mlah ikut brpartisipasi (edaaaan).Ntah it saking telernya,ato saking begonya,ato saking naifnya,ato saking enaknya,smp gak ad prlawanan sm skli!
Bc buku ini mlah jd bete abiiiis!!!
Sara Hemenway
Jul 27, 2013 Sara Hemenway rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, meh
I honestly don't remember much about this. I grabbed it in a grocery store before a road trip to read in the car. I didn't know at the time that it was part of a series, although that became evident when I read it. It wasn't a problem as far as being able to understand the story, though. It also obviously didn't make me go out and find the others.

Natina El
Jun 08, 2012 Natina El rated it liked it
I couldn't put it down, I think it was slow at parts but overall good read, felt like I was reading the beginning of a series instead of the end of a trilogy though. It wasn't one of those things where you knew immediately how it was going to end.. I like that about Lisa Jackson..
Kelly
Dec 17, 2009 Kelly marked it as dnf
I couldn't get very far into this one. Too much purple prose. In an early chapter, dogs are referred to as "furry sentinels," which cracked me up. I called my dog my "furry sentinel" for weeks. Sadly, I don't remember much else about the book.
Erin
Sep 20, 2010 Erin rated it it was ok
Seemed like this book was a a concept plan for a long series. There were times when I turned the page and something would happen and I'd have no idea how anything connected.
Anna Mcfadden
Sep 24, 2015 Anna Mcfadden rated it it was amazing
Bryanna sets off on a quest to fill her destiny and as evil is always at her back, in the forest she runs into a guy name Gavyn and his wolf Bane.
Andrea
May 16, 2010 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Brittany
Jun 07, 2015 Brittany rated it really liked it
I had a hard time gettung into this book. It started out slow and took a while to get interesting. I did like the end of the book.
Dawn Kunda
Mar 08, 2013 Dawn Kunda rated it it was amazing
The heroine is on a dark and sensuous path to find her treasure along with the steely man who won't give up on her.
Exciting and exotic.
Diann Thaens
Mar 16, 2013 Diann Thaens rated it it was amazing
Not Lisa's usual MO..but I was impressed and could not put it down...An amazing journey you were taken on with the leading characters...
Brenda Justice
Mar 02, 2013 Brenda Justice rated it really liked it
just picked it book up and started reading and could not put it down, now I'm looking for more books by Mrs Jackson. GREAT READ,
Rachel
Sep 21, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
Really good story line if you are into the magic sorta thing. Romance scenes were good and the plot was even better.
Priscilla
Sep 19, 2012 Priscilla rated it liked it
Not the best book I've ever read by Lisa Jackson. Did not live up to my expectations. It was quite the let down.
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • Fountain of Fire (Akora, #6)
  • Stealing Heaven (Medieval #3)
  • A Marquis to Marry (The Rogues' Dynasty #2)
  • Daughter of Fire (Merlin's Legacy, #1)
  • Beloved Enemy
  • Beyond Fearless (Beyond, #2)
  • The Trouble with Moonlight
  • Love Birds of Regent's Park (The Love Birds, #1)
  • Faeries Gone Wild
  • Captive Dreams
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • The Harlot's Daughter
  • A Bright Particular Star (Cavanagh Family, #2)
  • The Warlord's Bride (King John,  #4)
  • The Charm Stone
  • Highland Beast (MacNachton Vampires, #6)

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver. She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a nationa

More about Lisa Jackson...

Medieval (3 books)
  • Impostress
  • Temptress (Medieval, #2)