Start by marking “Sorceress (Medieval, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sorceress (Medieval, #3)

Sorceress (Medieval #3)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  442 ratings  ·  44 reviews
THE WATCHER: He smells her. Feels her. Knows she is coming. Chosen by the Fates, she is the one. Only she can lift the curse of darkness. But he will stop her-and he will sacrifice her.

THE WOMAN: Flame-haired and green-eyed, Bryanna looks enchanted but has always felt cursed, plagued by mysterious visions and voices. Bound by destiny to save an innocent life, Bryanna foll
Published September 4th 2007 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Sorceress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorceress

Gail
This book felt older than it is. To me, it read like one from the early 90s, a little overwrought. The hero is the bastard son of a noble who apparently wants the son dead. The heroine is the pampered daughter of another noble on the Welsh border who has visions that have now driven her out to deal with "danger from the north." There's some ominous something coming after her. Of course she hooks up with the hero, and splits from him, and meets the bad guy and is almost fooled. There's magic, and ...more
Regan Walker
Unique Blend of Historical Romance and Fantasy/Paranormal

I read Jackson’s Welsh trilogy (ENCHANTRESS, KISS OF THE MOON and OUTLAW) and loved it, and thought I’d read her second Welsh trilogy. This one's a bit different, but still quite good.

SORCERESS, set in late 13th century Wales, is the third in the trilogy, a medieval romance with strong fantasy/paranormal elements.

It tells of a legend of the Chosen One who was

Sired by Darkness,
Born of Light,
Protected by the Sacred Dagger,
A ruler of all
Rachel
This was a departure from the typical historical romance fare!
"Sorceress" is more of a Celtic fantasy/adventure novel with a bit of a romantic side story thrown in for good measure, so it may not be received very warmly by fans of traditional romance. There are also some very dark undertones and plot elements that could almost classify as horror, or, at the very least, dark fantasy. It also has some seriously creepy antagonists...
I really enjoyed it, but I mostly read fantasy anyway and ventur
Marie
Bintang 3
Medieval Trilogy #3.

Wow...
Baru kali ini baca buku berasa seperti bermain game RPG. Kesan terakhir selesai baca, nih buku kalau dijadikan film petualangan kayaknya asyik ya...
Bagiku semua unsur yg membuatnya asyik tergabung jadi satu dengan baik: petualangan, pertentangan antara kegelapan dan cahaya, perjalanan yg berujung pada pencarian jati diri, benda magis yg diperebutkan, sihir, penyihir cantik, ksatria pelindung, pemburu yg bertobat, hewan pelindung jejadian, kesatria jahat, hingga
Melissa
From the moment I read the first page, I knew I would be hooked.
The author is insightful, descriptive, strings her sentences with perfection.
There is everything required for an amazing tale in this novel.
Love, sadness, fear, magic, desire, blood, light and hope.
A young girl leaves the safety of her home and family to fulfill a quest and have the adventure of a lifetime.
There is evil out to stop her from succeeding but there is also a man who is determined to make her his and he will literally f
Nura
mana magick-nya??? bikin capek aja...
Paranormal Romance
The 16 year old heroine leaves the safety of her sisters home because a voice in her head pushes her to meet her destiny and the mystery of her birth. There's also the fact that the heroine fancies herself in love with her sisters husband which she's disgusted with herself about. So with only her horse, the heroine travels the wilds of Wales only to meet up with a stranger who's a wanted criminal and also turns out to be a childhood crush. He's a bastard who is charged with murdering the sheriff ...more
Raine Thomas
This was my first of Lisa Jackson's books, and I'll admit it was a gift from my husband. I give the author credit for creating an obvious series of books without each book being dependent on the other. Where this book failed for me was in how it didn't make me want to read the book that evidently came before it.

Without revealing too much, what I will say is I was disappointed that evil in any way succeeded in its efforts. While I know that good and innocence can't always prevail, the way the evi
Heckmom
Too long, with some boring parts. Skimmed some and had to force myself to finish. Sad because I usually like this author.
Amanda
The maine character is Brianna who is 16 I like her very much her character and personality showed both strength and naive. Gowan was awesome fierce, loyal, loving, and anything you would expect of a hero he isnt the average scarred hero whos moody possessive domineering hes different. Some of the events were so surprising and there was suspense, action and drama. Though I did enjoy tge book the one MAIN reason it didnt get 5 stars is the ending some, the strings were wrapped up too fast for my ...more
Ceecee
Jan 02, 2013 Ceecee marked it as life-is-too-short
Recommended to Ceecee by: Billie
Shelves: not-my-cup-o-tea
On hold. I don't really want to read adult romance right now. Sorry, Ate Billie. I was on page 18 and the villain has a POV - a very perverted POV - and it made me squirmish.

Though maybe I will be finishing this after I finish the other books lent to me. There is a higher probability that I'll reread and finish Wuthering Heights instead. Also, Gone-Away Lake. :)
Candy Lazzaro
I really liked this book. A friend of mine gave it to me just before Christmas, so of course I started reading it. I had no idea there were two books written before this one. So that's my goal now, I've been looking for copies of the first 2 books. I'm really curious as to how the story started because I loved how it ended.
Annette
I felt so bad for Kambria (my daughter's name is Cambria:)
but I'm glad she was there as the wolf to help out.
I often wished Isa would tell her more. It was as frustrating for me, as it was for Bryanna that Isa wouldn't tell her more.
I hate the sexual content in this book though. I always find depraved sexual thought by the bad guys in these books turns my stomach and I skim right over it.

Mystery, love, adventure, unknown, a quest and help from the beyond.
Linda
While I love her books, this one was Just OK to me. It dragged a bit and took longer for me to read. I love this kind of story line, but something was missing here. I'm not sure what it was about this book but it wasn't her best. I'm sure it happens to all writers, I wouldn't want to try my hand at it that's for sure. Still will read her books though because Lisa is a wonderful writer.
Janie Johnson
This is an Epic tale of good vs. evil. It displays the love a mother has for her child and the risks taken to see that he is safe. You will see the gallant love of a warrior as he tries to protect both mother and his child. And all for the sake of a prophesy foretold by a spirit named Isa. This is brilliantly written. Once again I was not disappointed by Lisa Jackson.
Tammy
Jun 03, 2012 Tammy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: paranormal historical romance lovers
Oh fie and feathers I believe I liked it. I suspect I should have read Temptress before this even though this isnt listed as a series. Bryanna is running from a forbidden attraction on a dead womans' quest. Gaven is running from his father as a wanted man. Thus finds himself with Bryanna on her quest. I would call this a paranormal romance set in medevil Wales.
Mahareni Maldini
Gak suka buku ini gara2 si heroine ksih respon positip pas d-rape si villain!Pdhal sblm mnginvasi,si villain jelas2 mnegaskn, "Ak bukan Gavyn." Tetep sj si heroine ikut mnikmati n mlah ikut brpartisipasi (edaaaan).Ntah it saking telernya,ato saking begonya,ato saking naifnya,ato saking enaknya,smp gak ad prlawanan sm skli!
Bc buku ini mlah jd bete abiiiis!!!
Sara Hemenway
I honestly don't remember much about this. I grabbed it in a grocery store before a road trip to read in the car. I didn't know at the time that it was part of a series, although that became evident when I read it. It wasn't a problem as far as being able to understand the story, though. It also obviously didn't make me go out and find the others.

Natina El
I couldn't put it down, I think it was slow at parts but overall good read, felt like I was reading the beginning of a series instead of the end of a trilogy though. It wasn't one of those things where you knew immediately how it was going to end.. I like that about Lisa Jackson..
Kelly
Dec 17, 2009 Kelly marked it as dnf
I couldn't get very far into this one. Too much purple prose. In an early chapter, dogs are referred to as "furry sentinels," which cracked me up. I called my dog my "furry sentinel" for weeks. Sadly, I don't remember much else about the book.
Erin
Seemed like this book was a a concept plan for a long series. There were times when I turned the page and something would happen and I'd have no idea how anything connected.
Andrea
Brittany
I had a hard time gettung into this book. It started out slow and took a while to get interesting. I did like the end of the book.
Dawn Kunda
The heroine is on a dark and sensuous path to find her treasure along with the steely man who won't give up on her.
Exciting and exotic.
Diann Thaens
Not Lisa's usual MO..but I was impressed and could not put it down...An amazing journey you were taken on with the leading characters...
Brenda Justice
just picked it book up and started reading and could not put it down, now I'm looking for more books by Mrs Jackson. GREAT READ,
Rachel
Really good story line if you are into the magic sorta thing. Romance scenes were good and the plot was even better.
Priscilla
Not the best book I've ever read by Lisa Jackson. Did not live up to my expectations. It was quite the let down.
Veronica
This book is very well written. It captivate you and keeps you interested throughout the entire book.
Ellen
fun escapist read - although I didn't like it well enough to track down the other books in the series
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • Beloved Enemy
  • Fountain of Fire (Akora, #6)
  • A Marquis to Marry (The Rogues' Dynasty #2)
  • The Trouble with Moonlight
  • Beyond Fearless (Beyond, #2)
  • Daughter of Fire (Merlin's Legacy, #1)
  • Faeries Gone Wild
  • Secrets (Delanza Family, #1), (The Bragg Saga, #7)
  • The Unwanted Earl (The Love Birds, #2)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • Stealing Heaven (Medieval #3)
  • The Captive
  • Highland Vampire (MacNachton Vampires, #2)
  • The Secret (Paranormal Series I, #3)
  • The Knight of Rosecliffe (Rosecliffe #2)
  • The Duchess
  • The Charm Stone
Lisa Jackson and her sister, Nancy Bush, grew up in a small timber town in Oregon. She attended Oregon State University and later worked in the banking industry.
In 1983, Jackson's first novel, A Twist of Fate, was published by Silhouette Books. Currently, Jackson writes contemporary romantic suspense novels for Kensington Books and medieval romantic suspense novels for Onyx Books. Her books regul
More about Lisa Jackson...

Medieval (3 books)
  • Impostress
  • Temptress (Medieval, #2)
Absolute Fear (New Orleans, #4) Malice (New Orleans, #6) Almost Dead (San Francisco, #2) Chosen To Die (To Die, #2) Left To Die (To Die, #1)