Start by marking “White Wing” as Want to Read:
White Wing

White Wing

Book by Kendall, Gordon
Mass Market, 320 pages
Published August 15th 1991 by Tor Books (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about White Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Wing

Helen White
Sep 07, 2013 Helen White rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book, have read it several times over the years. Looked for more but can't find any - such a shame
Scott Guthrie
Oct 07, 2016 Scott Guthrie rated it it was amazing
This book is just one of those books that leaves you wanting more. You can't actually believe that there is only this one story told in the universe the authors have created here.

I read this book originally in the 90's. I have had a copy in my library in dead tree form ever since then. It is a bit dog-eared and worn, and was well used when I purchased it, but it is also one of a few books that has followed me around the world, and one which I never begrudged carrying. I've re-read it multiple t
Rowena Tylden-Pattenson
Feb 06, 2016 Rowena Tylden-Pattenson rated it really liked it
This was actually better than I expected, and I'm not the biggest fan of sci Fi, so 4*is doing very well. This wasn't too heavy on the technical jargon and hardcore fantasy, and focused more on the plot and characters than massive world building, which I do appreciate. I liked the dynamic of the white wing and how they behaved around the other colours, and definitely how that relationship was built upon throughout the book.
Dustin, pretty cool dude.
Mar 18, 2009 Briana rated it it was amazing
I really love this book. Humans are part of an alliance but are second-class citizens (and not even citizens). This is the story of a squad in the White Wing who are defending the alliance from the "bad guys". The character development is very well done. The story line enfolds in a somewhat unexpected manner. I recommend this to all who enjoy space navy type adventures.
May 20, 2015 Lesley rated it liked it
Another re-read: I'd give it around three and a half, still holds up pretty well. 'Kendall' in spite of the name and macho author biography, was in fact a pen-name for Shariann (S.N.) Lewitt and Susan Shwartz, and it seems a bit of a pity that they didn't write more under this identity.
Oct 21, 2014 Bill rated it liked it
While the personalities and emotions of the White Wing were vividly described, the surrounding characters and situations seemed vague.
Michael P Reed
Jul 23, 2012 Michael P Reed rated it it was amazing
Loved it. One of my best books. it is up there with the best of Heinlein. Has he written any more? I have read it 3 times
Andrew Abernathy
Feb 16, 2011 Andrew Abernathy rated it really liked it
Another book where we root for someone because of the unbelievable odds and pressures against them. That's all too common and easy to overdo, but I liked this one a lot.
Oct 27, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
fantastic storyline that not only builds a hell of a view of a loving poly family, but also covers the pain of war (and SPACE!) as well as addiction. Wish he'd written more!!
Michael rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2012
Miriam rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Mar 11, 2011 Josh rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite sci-fi books. Recently re-read it and it is still good.
Christopher Stynes
Christopher Stynes rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Dale rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2011
Marc Lewert
Marc Lewert rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2010
Zac rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Tatie rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2013
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2011
David Minor
David Minor rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Charles Charlton
Charles Charlton rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2015
Steve rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Theresa Edwards
Theresa Edwards rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Jerry Milo Johnson
Jerry Milo Johnson rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2012
Patrick rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Jenna Powell
Jenna Powell rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2016
Patrick C
Patrick C rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2012
Pierre rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2010
Jeff rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
David Smith
David Smith rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Pran rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2014