Start by marking “Vendetta” as Want to Read:
Vendetta

Vendetta (Sisterhood #3)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  4,469 Ratings  ·  180 Reviews

Five
Published January 1st 2006 by Zebra (first published May 31st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Vendetta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vendetta

Lisa Roberts
Feb 21, 2011 Lisa Roberts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first starting reading this book, I thought it was a cheesy story but as I kept reading I realized that this was part of a series of books. The premise behind the books is a group of women called the Sisterhood that spend their time putting together very elaborate ways of seeking revenge on the people who have done wrong by them or ruined their lives in some way.

This particular book was about seeking revenge for Myra (whose name was chosen next from a shoebox). Myra's daughter Barbara and
Linda
Feb 23, 2010 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These Sisterhood books are easy, quick reads. My stomach still turns at the gruesome vengeance tactics used by the "sisters" but somehow I keep on turning the pages!
Harmonie
Aug 21, 2014 Harmonie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
These books are stupid. I have no idea how Fern Michaels got so popular.
Kimberly Dull
Mar 13, 2013 Kimberly Dull rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really disliked this book. I haven't read any others in this series, so I don't know whether I just got a bad one, but I don't think I'll be reading any more of them. It felt like it was written by someone in high school.

Everything was just too convenient. They always had exactly what they needed.

I thought the dialog was utterly ridiculous; add this to the silly metaphors, and I found myself rolling my eyes A LOT.

And the revenge was also ridiculous and overly nasty. I didn't like any of the
Kathy Davie
Sep 29, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Third in the Sisterhood suspense series which is focused on righting the wrongs done each of the seven women.

The Story
It's Myra's turn for justice and Charles and the Sisterhood plot to kidnap John Chai, the diplomat's playboy son who ran Barbara down, from Hong Kong. The ladies aren't into killing anyone and, I must say, they do find a particularly nasty way of punishing Mr. Chai that is very much in keeping with his vanity and his and his father's viewpoints.

The Characters
I like the ladies for
Tabby Kat
It isn't easy to root for the vindictive women in Michaels's Revenge of the Sisterhood series. Sure, they're loyal and fearless, and they look good in eveningwear ("We're stunning," lawyer Nikki says. "We sizzle and we look sensual"). But in this third installment of the payback saga, the six women commit a morally repugnant act likely to leave readers cold. Myra and her longtime lover, retired MI6 agent Charles, finally discover the whereabouts of John Chai, the man who killed their daughter in ...more
Diane
Sep 10, 2014 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize this was part of a series but it does stand alone. The Sisterhood is a group of women and Charles Marten who right wrongs under the radar of law enforcement. Some of their activities especially with Charles's background in MI6 are not exactly above board but they help those that have been unjustly treatment by the law.

Five years ago Myra's daughter who was pregnant was run down by a hit and run driver. The hit and run driver was covered under diplomatic immunity and left the cou
Michelle
Jun 02, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Honestly, after reading some reviews and seeing all the hype over how supposedly violent the women are in this book, I was rather disappointed that punishment for murder was caning and that was it. One violent scene. One. Caning.

The overall story was okay. I feel like the conversations in these books are not very, mature. I mean, Myra is supposed to be old enough to have grown daughters and yet much of the time the way she speaks is like some naive 20 year old. She goes on and on about how exci
Josie
Apr 30, 2014 Josie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Okay, so I've read the first two in the series pretty quickly but have to admit this book was a little harder to stomach. The women don't really have much depth to them and to see them deal the physical punishment in this one I lost a little bit more respect and interest in them. I might take a break from this series for a bit, but will still return.
Karen
Apr 22, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The saga of the sisterhood feces on. Can't wait to start #4 The Jury. Happy reading to me!!
Linda
Mar 31, 2012 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometime I wonder why I am reading this series. I thought it went a bit to far with the caning. I understand wanting revenge but think there could be a better way to do it. I did like what happened at the end with the mirror. Still I want to read the rest of these books.
Philip
Jun 16, 2014 Philip rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-given-2me
Was not a bad book; Once I found out what the story line was I really wanted to find out what was going to happen next. It is about a mother seeking revenge for the death of her daughter and unborn grandchild. The Sisterhood is seven women with different background; Myra-has money; Nikki-legal abilities; Kathryn- eighteen wheeler; Alexis-red bag of tricks; Julia-surgical skills; Isabelle-architectural expertise and Yoko-Eastern philosophies. You can't leave out Murphy who is Kathryn's dog. Also, ...more
Becky
Oct 20, 2015 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 3 in the Sisterhood series. Myra Rutledge, millionaire lost her daughter and unborn grandchild in a hit and run by a Chinese ambassadors son. Because of diplomatic immunity, no charges were filed and no punishment handed out. Now is Myra's turn for revenge. So Charles and three of the woman go to China, kidnap John Chai and bring him back to Virginia. He is left to torture and a most dark and repugnant revenge. Out of all the books in the series, this one so far, has been more dark and cree ...more
Heather
Sisterhood #3

The Sisterhood strikes again and it's Myra's turn for vengence. Plenty of things happen in this book. A trip to China, extracting Barbara's killer, punishing said killer, and returning him to China all the while having Jack Emery come close to figuring them out. And that is the book in a really quick nut shell.

I only gave 3 stars to this because I debated between 3 and 4 so I will settle on 3.5 stars. It was a complex plot and the charactes were great but I don't know I just didn't
Chris
Marilu
Up until a few days ago, I had never read anything written by Fern Michaels.
You know, how you recognize an authors name and just avoid the book altogether? That was what I had been doing when shopping for books. If I book had Fern Michaels' name on it, I avoided it!! I had a friend tell me years ago that she wrote the type of really fluffy and mushy stuff that I do not enjoy reading.
I have now come to the conclusion that either my friend was thinking of a different author, or she really had n
Shelley
Jan 15, 2011 Shelley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis: They Can Run, But They Can't Hide From The Sisterhood. Once upon a time there were seven very different women who had been broken but not beaten by life. In those tough days of healing, they became the Sisterhood, a group of devoted friends who vowed to change their lives, empower themselves, and be there for each other, no matter what. Now, they're ready to answer the call for the woman who started it all, Myra Rutledge.

Five years ago, Myra's pregnant daughter was killed by a hit-and
Christine
Jan 18, 2016 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite sisterhood series book so far. I love that Myra finally has her turn at vengeance, and it's oh, so sweet. I love that these books are written about strong women who won't collapse because of the wrongs committed against them. I love that they support each other and have each other's backs. The characters within aren't deeply developed, but we learn enough throughout each book to gain perspective, compassion, and sympathy for their situations. Onward to the next!
Tara Chevrestt
Oct 09, 2009 Tara Chevrestt rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
BER
Jun 28, 2015 BER rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

It took a bit for me to get into this story and it's characters. This was my first Fern Michael's and Sisterhood book so I am late coming to the party. But it was an enjoyable read, enough so that I purchased two more books to catch up to this series. The premise is kind of fun and empowering. Kind of a gee if we could only ...and sit back and see what happens.
Jennifer Wherley
I started reading this series with the assumption that someone only writes 20+ books in a series of they're really good from the beginning. I sort of enjoyed the 1st one, it was ok. The second was quite a bit more of the 1st and I couldn't even make it through this 3rd one. I want to like them, I like the idea but I think it's all too predictable.
Faye Thompson
I had never read Fern Michaels. I think I might have picked the wrong book to start with, perhaps if I would have started with the 1st Sisterhood book I would have more understanding of the ladies. I had a problem with what they did to Myra's choice but then again I didn't experience what she had gone through.
Sharon
May 15, 2015 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm glad I found this series. I have read three book in three days. The Sisterhood goes after the people who have hurt them or ruined their lives. This time it is Myra's turn and the women work together to get revenge for Myra. I highly recommend this series. The sisters, of the Sisterhood, are women you won't forget!
Jintana
Jul 16, 2011 Jintana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
เลมที 3 ของชุด Sisterhood เรืองนีเปนการแกแคนของเจาของไอเดียและผูใหการสนับสนุนดานการเงิน Myra มหาเศรษฐีนีทีลูกสาวคนเดียวของเธอถูกรถของลูกฑูตจีนชนตายพรอมลูกในทองแตไมสามารถดำเนินคดีไดเนืองจากติดกฎหมายขอความคุมครองทางการฑูต ดังนัน Sisterhood จึงตองไปปฏิบัติการตางแดนถึงฮองกงโดยไดรับความรวมมือจากเพือนเกาของ Charles

ไมเหนดวยอยางมากกับวิธีการแกเคนในครังนีเลยคะ ออกจะโหดรายทารุณมากไปหนอย จริงอยูคนเราควรตองรับผลของการกระทำแตบางทีวิธีการกไมนาจะตองถึงกับทารุณกรรม อีกทังผูกระทำผิดกไมไดมีเจตนาจะฆาลูกของเธอ แตด
Denise Esh
Feb 12, 2015 Denise Esh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keep them coming! I've purchased or borrowed every book from this series and was soooo upset to find out that the next book won't be out until June 2015. That will be months of waiting but for now, I'm only 3 books in and I know I'm addicted. Can't wait to see what else she has planned.
Katie Q
Nov 05, 2014 Katie Q rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am addicted to this series. Rarely do I go back to back on a book series but these are so easy to read I cannot help myself. They are not overly well written but not bad either. This installment was just a little gruesome and the characters started to develop a little more. On to the next one me thinks.
Erin Bell
Jul 22, 2013 Erin Bell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: purchased
My best friend's mom got me started on this series with the first five books. This is a series of 20 books that lead you on the adventures of several women seeking revenge for crimes the court system couldn't or wouldn't provide well deserved justice. They have the financial backing and resources to formulate well thought out plans and see them through to complete them. Each mission takes on new danger and suspense and the lines between legally right and morally right become blurred. Even those ...more
Alison
Apr 30, 2010 Alison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I learned it pays to have close friends who have unique skills! A group of women form the Sisterhood and it's best not to have them as enemies. When one of them is wronged, the Sisterhood rights the wrong, even if it's outside of the law. Although I enjoyed the book, and will read the series, it's not believable that a group of women with just the right skills can come together and take the law into its own hands. I also found it a little distasteful of the means justifying the ends. Having said ...more
Georgene
Oct 24, 2015 Georgene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
By itself, this was a decent mystery. However, it is part of a series about a group of women seeking revenge against people who horribly wronged them that slipped through the cracks of the justice system. I don't think I will willingly read another of this series.
Patricia Cross
Jan 09, 2015 Patricia Cross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
book three in a series-Vendetta

The best part about these books is the fact that you can read the books individually or out of order and they still make sense and tell a story without a lengthy review to catch you up.
  • The Real Mother
  • 8 Sandpiper Way (Cedar Cove, #8)
  • Married to a Stranger
  • Home at Rose Cottage: Three Down the Aisle\What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters #1-2)
  • GRINGA - In the Clutches of a Ruthless Drug-Lord (#3)
  • Thunder Creek (Thunder Creek #1)
  • Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Saga #5)
  • Dragonfly Creek (Firefly Hollow, #3)
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • The Day is a White Tablet
  • Chances: Opposites Attract / A Will and a Way
  • One Last Dance
  • Where Shadows Go (Georgia Trilogy, #2)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8 / Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus
  • Fast Track
  • Collateral Damage (Sisterhood, #11 / Rules of the Game, #4)

“This was her special time, this early part of the day when the sun was just about to creep over the horizon. It was a brand new day in which anything could happen.” 16 likes