Sinus Survival: A Self-help Guide

Sinus Survival: A Self-help Guide

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Sinus Survival provides crucial guidance and information on such topics as:
- how to select over-the-counter drugs that won't do more harm than good;
-how to learn simple exercises that can aid sinus drainage; and
- how dietary and lifestyle changes can significantly relieve sinus and respiratory disease.
Published September 25th 2000 by Tarcher (first published 1992)

Roger
As previous reviewers have said, if you get sinus infections, this is the book for you. However, I would like to extend that to people who are sick with symptoms that range from dizziness to fatigue to rapid heart palpitations (and scores more), and have had the gamut of medical tests run on them, only to have the doctor unable to come up with anything conclusive. What you have may be in this book, and Ivker will tell you how you got it, and how to combat it.

While the books premise deals with s...more
Lori
For any of you sinus and allergy sufferers out there, this book has many great self help "natural" methods. The most important lesson from this book is the sinus flush with salt water. It is the single most critical method of keeping the sinus passages healthy if you have chronic inflammation. I recommend the "Neil Medd" kit you can find online. (my ENT also recommends this one)
The herbal things didn't work for me as well because I have been pregnant or nursing for the last 7 years and unable to...more
Leslie
Feb 07, 2008 Leslie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sinus sufferers
Shelves: medicalandhealth
If you get a lot of sinus infections, this is the book to get. It is very thorough and discusses the physical and emotional aspects of this illness. The end of the book offers a lot of psychological techniques to help improve your outlook on things such as affirmations, etc.
Jen
Having allergy problems or sinus problems? Try some of the tips in here, worked for many of my friends and co-workers.
Angela
For Donna.
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie added it
Jan 30, 2014
Pipit Latifa
Pipit Latifa marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2013
JJ
JJ marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Near
Near marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2012
Aen
Aen added it
Jul 23, 2012
Sinus Survival The Complete Self-Care Guide to Holistic Medicine: Treating Our Most Common Ailments Headache Survival: The Holistic Medical Treatment Program for Migraine, Tension, and Cluster Headaches The Self-care Guide to Holistic Medicine: Creating Optimal Health Sinus Survival: The Holistic Medical Treatment for Allergies, Colds, and Sinusitis