Start by marking “Feeling at Home: Defining Who You Are And How You Want To Live” as Want to Read:
Feeling at Home: Defining Who You Are And How You Want To Live

Feeling at Home: Defining Who You Are And How You Want To Live

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  96 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Most decorating books omit the most important element of the home: you. Does your home reflect who you really are? Feeling at Home focuses on this most essential aspect of decorating: creating a home that is truly your emotional center. Every room and object should answer your needs and make you feel more human and whole. Alexandra Stoddard gently leads us through a proces ...more
Published September 22nd 1999 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about Feeling at Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feeling at Home

Ellen
Aug 08, 2012 Ellen rated it it was amazing
I love her books. She always gives me food for thought. I try to take away two new ideas a book otherwise I would be overwhelmed.
Jenny
May 16, 2013 Jenny rated it really liked it
It took me a long time to read this book, as the author encourages you to write a journal as you go. I cannot throw in with all the fluffery in here, but over all, a great think-through-things read. Now, I have to go and read the book I wrote in the meantime. :)
Kaethe
Jul 16, 2014 Kaethe rated it liked it
Shelves: domesticity
Pretty picture books about houses, whether interior design or architecture, are one of my weaknesses. I simply cannot walk past one on the New shelf at the library without checking it out. And yet the text usually makes me crazy.
Lisa
Aug 20, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
Lots of good ideas for decorating your home, especially needed for a decorating impaired person like myself. Enjoyable read.
Marcy Graybill
Feb 02, 2014 Marcy Graybill rated it liked it
I used to love her books, but I think I've maybe outgrown them.
Jenna
Sep 20, 2009 Jenna rated it really liked it
Very inspirational. Stoddard has her heart in the right place and makes lots of good points about making a home THE place you want to be. Really enjoyed all the quotes in the margins of every page. Down side (as with her other books) is lack of organization. Not well edited in the structure of the book. But worth reading, nonetheless.
Terry
Mar 15, 2012 Terry rated it really liked it
Seems similar to Daring to Be Yourself - but a good reminder of how one needs to work on making their house a home.
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Life
A Delinquent Red Panda
A Delinquent Red Panda marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Cheri Blackmon
Cheri Blackmon marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Andi Nance
Andi Nance is currently reading it
May 24, 2016
Vivacity
Vivacity marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Karen Wentworth
Karen Wentworth marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Gina Terrana
Gina Terrana rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2016
blondshell
blondshell marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Eunice
Eunice added it
Feb 17, 2016
Karla Bledsoe
Karla Bledsoe rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Brigette Robicheau
Brigette Robicheau marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Patricia Turcotte
Patricia Turcotte rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Mynette
Mynette marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Stephanie Stear
Stephanie Stear marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Michelle Callicott
Michelle Callicott marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Shelli O'steen
Shelli O'steen rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it it was ok
Dec 10, 2015
Susan Randall
Susan Randall is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2015
Jennifer DeSimone
Jennifer DeSimone rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2015
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
ALEXANDRA STODDARD is a philosopher of contemporary living and author of many best selling books, including the classic Living a Beautiful Life: 500 Ways to Add Elegance, Order, Beauty and Joy to Every Day of Your Life, Choosing Happiness: Keys to a Joyful Life, Things I Want My Daughters to Know: A Small Book About the Big Issues in Life, and You Are Your Choices: 50 Ways to Live the Good Life. A ...more
More about Alexandra Stoddard...