Start by marking “Quirky, Jerky, Extra Perky: More about Adjectives” as Want to Read:
Quirky, Jerky, Extra Perky: More about Adjectives

Quirky, Jerky, Extra Perky: More about Adjectives (Words are CATegorical)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  16 reviews
One book is never enough to explore the wide range of amazing adjectives! The crazy cats deliver loads of additional examples to illustrate the potent power of adjectives to describe the wonderful world around us?and our incredible imaginations. Brian P. Cleary's playful verse and Brian Gable's comical cats turn traditional grammar lessons on end. Each adjective is printed ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Millbrook Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Quirky, Jerky, Extra Perky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quirky, Jerky, Extra Perky

Dolly
Mar 11, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We really enjoy Brian P. Cleary's books. He makes learning fun, and this is a silly and humorous rhyming book about adjectives. His books really entertain children while teaching them basic concepts; our girls really like them. The illustrations by Brian Gable are cartoony and cute, too - we love the cats.

We've read several of the books in the Words are CATegorical series and we've really enjoyed them. We will certainly look for more books by this author/illustrator team at our local library.

Emily
This book is a great example of adjective use for children. There are many great examples of adjectives in the book, and they go beyond just basic describing words. I have and would use this book with my students to support their writing and develop adjective use.
Endya Melvin
This fun loving picture about adjectives will teach students different examples of adjectives and how they are used. This book tells information about adjectives that would great for teaching students what adjectives are and how they are used.
Ashley
This book helps students build their vocabulary. The adjectivies are easily recognizable for students because the author has them in colored words. I read this book as one of my read alouds.
Mrs Bond
Does a great job of showing what an adjective is and how it is used in a sentence. The illustrations are colorful, silly and aid the text. The text highlights the adjectives in a variety of colors.
Fariba Aadelvand
What I like most about these books is the type of word being studied is highlighted. It's a good way to show that authors can make certain points stand out.
Nicole
When student have gotten a grasp on adjectives this book helps take them to the next level. Reinforce adjectives in a fun, creative, funky way with this book!
Raegan Campbell
It was a great book :) i loved reading about what adjectives and how they were used. It was a wonderful book and so creative!
Katrina
I didn't really like this book,but I love the illustrations!(especially the ice skating one!) the cats are sooooooooo cute!
Murlene
I love the way the author introduces adjectives as a fun thing and not like a chore that we have to learn. Very funny.
Rocheal Hoffman
How fun is this book??! Wonderful book for adjectives and adverbs-- even I learned a new word for the color green!!
Kalin Schoephoerster
This is the kind of book that makes children (and perhaps a few others) excited to learn about language.
Nancy
Part of a series on the parts of speech. This book is useful for teaching about adjectives.
Annette Steele
See my comments on Hairy, Scary, Ordinary...
Shanna Dos
Shanna Dos marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Elliott Fauré
Elliott Fauré marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Brian Breese
Brian Breese marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Daoqun Wu
Daoqun Wu marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Maria Franken
Maria Franken marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Shawna
Shawna added it
Nov 05, 2014
Eang Eang
Eang Eang marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Words are CATegorical (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • I'm and Won't, They're and Don't: What's a Contraction?
  • Dearly, Nearly, Insincerely
  • Hairy, Scary, Ordinary: What Is an Adjective?
  • How Much Can a Bare Bear Bear?: What Are Homonyms and Homophones?
  • I and You and Don't Forget Who
  • A Mink, a Fink, a Skating Rink
  • Pitch and Throw, Grasp and Know: What Is a Synonym?
  • Stop and Go, Yes and No: What Is an Antonym?
  • To Root, to Toot, to Parachute
  • Under, Over, by the Clover
Hairy, Scary, Ordinary: What Is an Adjective? A Mink, a Fink, a Skating Rink To Root, to Toot, to Parachute Dearly, Nearly, Insincerely How Much Can a Bare Bear Bear?: What Are Homonyms and Homophones?