The Truth About Chuck Norris: 400 Facts About the World's Greatest Human

The Truth About Chuck Norris: 400 Facts About the World's Greatest Human

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  420 ratings  ·  73 reviews
The lowdown on the toughest, sexiest, and beardiest man to ever stalk the earth

Since its emergence from the bowels of the internet, the Chuck Norris Fact has roundhouse kicked its way into the world’s consciousness with all the vim and verve of its namesake. Singing the praises of his unequaled toughness, his mighty kicking feet, his indestructible beard, his frightening...more
Published November 29th 2007 by Gotham (first published 2007)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsGood Omens by Terry PratchettLamb by Christopher MooreMe Talk Pretty One Day by David SedarisThe Princess Bride by William Goldman
Best Humorous Books
479th out of 2,433 books — 4,685 voters

More lists with this book...

Buggy
Opening line: " When an episode of Walker Texas Ranger aired in France, the French surrendered just to be on the safe side."

THE TRUTH ABOUT CHUCK NORRIS is a hilarious collection of over 400 "facts" about the phenomenon know as Chuck Norris. (World's greatest human) I was in tears from laughing so hard while reading this although I'm still at a loss in how to explain why it's so funny? I can however tell you that if you Google Chuck Norris jokes you will get well over a million hits and that my...more
Meg
As I was reading this at lunch, I hit this one: "Chuck Norris likes his women how he likes his whiskey - 12 years old and all mixed up with coke." Read that one out loud to the coworker T. and the two of us sort of gaped at each other in sheer "wow, they did that, huh?"

There are some duds in here, but I'd say 75-80% made me at least smile/chuckle.
Gabriel
This book is a book full of facts about Chuck Norris. It describes what it is like to be him. the book is a fun fictional biography of Chuck Norris.

This book said that he occasionally called the power rangers to say hi. This connects to when I was little and I used to watch Power Rangers. It made remember all about that show. It is probably true because Chuck Norris is almost a super hero like the Power Rangers. This is a Text to self connection because it connects from the book to me.

I would...more
Karen
Aug 15, 2008 Karen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.
Recommended to Karen by: If you can't see CN, you may be only seconds away from death.
Shelves: humor
I heard my first Chuck Norris joke a couple of years ago when Chuck Norris jokes became all the rage on WoW. They are inexplicably hilarious and somehow never get old. You can find hundreds of these “facts” on the internet and a small collection are presented here in this book. Contrary to popular belief, paper was not wasted, nor did any tree die in the making of this book. The pages are actually made from Chuck Norris’s dandruff and the words assembled themselves out of fear.

one of my favorit...more
Alisa
May 11, 2010 Alisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: funny
LOVED THIS BOOK!!! I about pee'd myself when i saw it on the bookstore shelf, picked it up, flipped to a random page and laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. I LOVE Chuck Norris and my brothers and I are always coming up with our own amusing facts about Chuck... but this book brought not only my brothers and I together but also my father and my nephews.. who all love Chuck Norris..... My baby brothers favorite.... Chuck Norris can count to infinity.... Twice. lol... great fun quick coffee tab...more
Jack
No single wimpy paperback can possibly do justice to the awesomeness of Chuck Norris. Also, too many sex and penis jokes - was this written for and by pre-adolescents? My time would have been much better spent watching Walker, Texas Ranger reruns or working out on my Total Gym.
Rich Jonny's Son
The Truth About Chuck Norris: 400 Facts About the World's Greatest Human (Paperback) by Ian Spector is all about Chuck Norris. It has almost every Chuck Norris fact none to man. His main internal conflict is that he's Chuck Norris. His main external conflict is that he's Chuck Norris.

while reading this book i made a text-to-self connection. based on how i make Chuck Norris jokes a lot. Also how my dad has an awsome beard just like chuck.

i would give this book 5 out of 5 stars (out of fear of Chu...more
Al
From The Barrens to general chat in the Undercity, Chuck Norris was quite a popular character in the good old days when I used to play World of Warcraft. Now I barely hear the name, at time I might see it on a meme site but that’s about it.
While looking for more books to read in a cheap book store I found this little piece in a set called "The Good, The Bad, And The Deadly".
Now, I'm not a fan of Chuck Norris in any way (Van Damme ftw) but reading these jokes you really don't have to be. Weather...more
Eric
Jun 17, 2008 Eric rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: youth
"hilarity, chuck norris style"

i had heard about the thousands of "facts" of chuck norris a couple of years ago, and had heard a couple, but many of the ones in this book are ridiculously funny. not really into the overly sexual ones, but for some reason, the ones that refer to the roundhouse kick (and there are plenty) make me crack up. it does get a bit similar by the end and it is similar to family guy in its randomness, but whenever you need a good laugh, just open it up to a random page, and...more
Monica
This is a collection of short Chuck Norris jokes.

While some are amusing, most range from dull to offensive. In a way, this book is reminiscent of the "Gross Jokes" books.

Overall, a lackluster read.
Rob
Dec 31, 2008 Rob rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Rob by: Ryan
One of the most hilarious books I own, Ian Spector's book is wonderful in its simplicity. Instead of reinventing the Chuck Norris joke (which he invented to being with), he simply takes the creme-de-la-creme of this genre and throws in a few personal favorites. Based on a relatively short-lived cultural phenomenon, The Truth About Chuck Norris is perfect for a chuckle when you're desperately inclined otherwise.
Mike Sambuco
There are some pretty funny parodies out there, and I have enjoyed a bunch on the internet. This had a few, but the majority were juvenile, crass, and unnecessarily sexual and crude in nature. I had higher expectations than this delivered. It was more disappointing, than entertaining. I'm very glad I didn't pay but a fraction of cover price, or I would have been upset with the content and lack of return on investment.
Ronnie Bagger
-Whenever Chuck Norris evacuates his bowels, the toilet grunts.

(a great gift)

-Chuck Norris bought this book because it is the greatest book ever
written.

-When Chuck Norris snores it sounds like a sleep machine playing ocean
wave sounds.

-Chuck Norris gave this book to everyone he knows for X-mas last
year, and the year before that, and the year before that...
Angel
If you are familiar with the Internet phenomenon that is "Facts about Chuck Norris," then you know exactly what this book is about. This a collection of those little "facts" that you find on the Internet. It is a fun read, amusing at times, other times you just wonder. But a nice way to pass the time. If you are fan of the site, then the book is definitely for you.
Broodingferret
This most holy of texts illuminates the glorious universal truth that is CHUCK NORRIS. Buy a copy or CHUCK NORRIS will install a skylight in your house, rapel through it from a helocopter, roundhouse kick you in the neck and screw Christie Brinkley on top of your broken corpse. You've been warned.
Kelsey erickksen
OK I know this may sound like a silly book and definatly somthing you would expect to see on a guys list of books but it is absouloutly totally FREAKIN hilarious I think everyone should just own a copy so that when they are fealing down they can be "inspired" by the words and deeds of Chuck Norris :)
Susan
This book is awesome. I have learned so much. For instance-did you know that when you open a can of whoop ass, Chuck Norris jumps out & every piece of furniture in Chuck Norris's house is a Total Gym?? There are 398 more facts where that came from...stay tuned.
John
WWCND? What would Chuck Norris do?
This book sounds lame at first. I paid $12.oo for it, It thought it was overpriced. After reading it cover to cover, and taking it to work, I hope I didn't underpay. If I did I hope Chuck Norris doesn't come after me.
Weyr
I rated it "It was ok" because some of them were funny, but most of them were Meh. I'm not saying you shouldn't pick it up and thumb through it, do! I read it a couple at a time, as a Bathroom Book. It's better that way.

abatage
What's to say? If you like Chuck Norris sayings then there's bound to be something in this for you. If you don't like Chuck Norris sayings then you've already been round-house kicked by Chuck Norris and won't be reading this.
Charles
This is actually the first of three books I bought in one package that give these humorous factoids about Chuck Norris. It's pretty funny. I enjoyed reading it. Very quick read, of course. Good bathroom reading.
Shannon
Someone gave me this book as a gift for Christmas. It'll give you a few chuckles if you're either into Chuck Norris or have visited the "Facts About Chuck Norris" website. I wouldn't have bought it for myself though.
Jason Hull
Some of these jokes are so funny it hurts. Everyone needs a few good Chuck Norris jokes in their brain. They are even more fun to steal for your own use when jesting about your own awesomeness.
Missy
Aug 08, 2008 Missy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: some adults
Recommended to Missy by: Chuck Norris
Some of the jokes were really hilarious. Some were too raunchy. Some dumb. It was still ok to read the dumb ones to get to the really funny ones. I learned not to mess with Chuck Norris.
Jodi
The best housewarming gift ever - the gift that keeps on giving really. I think Doug would cry if this was ever stolen from us. Bless you Jaci for buying this for us last summer....
Taylor W. Rushing
My personal favorite out of the contents of this stupid book are: "Chuck Norris uses a live rattle snake as a condom." and "Chuck Norris boned the Mona Lisa; thats why she smiles."
Dustin
Chuck Norris can charge a cell phone just by rubbing it against his beard.
Chuck Norris can clog the toilet going number one.
Chuck Norris CAN eat just one Lay's potato chip.
Brandon
Nothing really to say about this book. You've probably heard most of it not all of these facts. It has its entertaining moments, if anything, it's a great coffee table book.
Dexter
Haha.. yes. "The fences at zoos are to keep the animals safe from Chuck Norris." Great bathroom book. Many a turd have dried in my crack while reading "just one more."

Winonah
I gave this three stars not because I believe a word it says, but because the author said "Anything you can do Chuck can do better" 400 times without getting boring.
  • Ask a Ninja Presents The Ninja Handbook: This Book Looks Forward to Killing You Soon
  • Castle War! (Castle Perilous, #4)
  • The Alphabet of Manliness
  • The Book of Useless Information
  • Real Ultimate Power: The Official Ninja Book
  • Alleinstehender Psychopath sucht Gleichgesinnte (Andrew Mayham, #2)
  • Are You Liberal? Conservative? Or Confused? (Uncle Eric)
  • Coffin County
  • How to Be a Villain: Evil Laughs, Secret Lairs, Master Plans, and More!!!
  • Raising the Perfect Child Through Guilt and Manipulation
  • The Bad Girl's Guide to Getting What You Want
  • The Book of Lists: Horror
  • Quicksilver's Knight (Warlock's Heirs, #2)
  • X-Treme Latin: All the Latin You Need to Know for Surviving the 21st Century
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Dating and Sex
  • Crimson
  • Let's Bring Back: An Encyclopedia of Forgotten-Yet-Delightful, Chic, Useful, Curious, and Otherwise Commendable Things from Times Gone By
  • Jack and Mr. Grin
Computational biology major at Brown University and creator of the Chuck Norris fact fact generator.

He also made fact generators about other celebritues.
More about Ian Spector...
Chuck Norris Vs. Mr. T: 400 Facts About the Baddest Dudes in the History of Ever Chuck Norris Cannot Be Stopped: 400 All-New Facts About the Man Who Knows Neither Fear Nor Mercy The Last Stand of Chuck Norris: 400 All New Facts About the Most Terrifying Man in the Universe Chuck Norris: Longer and Harder: The Complete Chronicle of the World's Deadliest, Sexiest, and Beardiest Man Chuck Norris: : Longer & Harder

“Chuck Norris’s tears cure cancer. Too bad he’s never cried.” 24 likes