Start by marking “Bake Until Bubbly: The Ultimate Casserole Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Bake Until Bubbly: The Ultimate Casserole Cookbook

Bake Until Bubbly: The Ultimate Casserole Cookbook

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Bake until Bubbly"Everybody who grew up on tuna noodle casserole or macaroni and cheese remembers that bubbling dish brought to the table with its top dappled golden brown, piping hot and inviting. My passion for casseroles was born from memories of my childhood and my mother's lasagna, thick and rich and gooey and delicious. But once I had three children of my own, casser ...more
Published February 15th 2008 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about Bake Until Bubbly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bake Until Bubbly

Meghan
My main appreciation for this cookbook is the reason others dislike it. No canned soup! This cookbook is full of old-style traditional casseroles, not speed meals, not throw together a bunch of stuff out of the pantry. If you want quick, look elsewhere. If you want some great recipes and are willing and able to put in some effort, this is a great cookbook.

Also, no, there aren't pictures. But really, presentation isn't really an issue here. A casserole looks like a casserole.

I gave it 4 stars r
Phoebe
I scanned the reviews before reading this book. It didn't seem that many people were happy with it, but I gave it a try anyway. There are many, many recipes within, but not too many that I would actually try to make, particularly those with animal fats or too many quantities of butter, milk and or cheese. I did enjoy the author's writing voice and anecdotes about his family, which is often my favorite feature of cookbooks, other than the beautiful photos.
Meg Dean
I'm not sure why so many people have given this book negative reviews! All I can figure is laziness. The author actually asks you to cook instead of open a can of high sodium crap. I bookmarked the heck out of this one and intend to use it often! Catchy title too :c)
TBuck
Made many good meals from this cookbook. They were good, and easy. Loved it! May have to purchase the book instead of borrowing it from Yorba Linda Public library. :)
Kayleen
I wish I would have read the reviews more closely. I was looking for something new in easy to make, crowd pleasing comfort food. There are some good recipes in this book, but it is not for the busy mom looking to pop something into the oven between the carpool and weeding the garden. This is for the more uppity 'have someone else pick up the kids so we can spend all day grating fresh nutmeg' crowd.
The kind of people who have the time to cultivate all the fresh organic ingredients and live somew
Kristen
I have been on a cookbook kick lately. My nightstand is stacked high with cookbooks. This book wasn't what I was expected. I was looking for easy, quick meal ideas but I would describe the recipes in this as gourmet casseroles. Most call me some sort of more exotic ingredients that I wouldn't normally have on hand, or that my kids might have to acquire a taste for. I did find a handful of recipes I'd like to try plus the Vegetable Casserole without Meat section has great ideas for veggie filled ...more
Stephanie
Not what I expected. To me, a "casserole" is an easy, one-dish meal, usually using what one already has in the house. To this author, a casserole is anything that is baked. Hence, many multi-step recipes, complicated cooking, odd ingredients, and instructions to "serve with..." And, there are NO pictures inside?!
I'm just happy that I borrowed it from the library before buying it.
I bet the recipes are great if you have the time and the patience to make them, but they just weren't what I was look
Mary
Oct 08, 2008 Mary added it
I really like the idea of making casseroles without using cream of .... The recipes I tried were delicious and really hits. Some recipes were a little more involved than I would like. My idea of a casserole has definitely been expanded. II'm still undecided whether I will buy the book or not. Worth a look from the library though.
Lots of recipes...TONS of recipes...so many it was overwhelming. I love that they were not based on cans of this and that, but some were also over the top in terms of odd ingredients or very time-consuming preparation. I might go back to this when I have more time to sift through the hundreds (thousands???) of recipes.
Shiela
It was okay, couldn't find as many recipes as I thought I would and there are no colored pictures in it which is a big disappointment. Cookbooks need glossy photos, it should be a law. Did like the fact that the recipes are made from scratch with no Campbell's soup though.
Washington Centerville Public Library
Loved the recipes. Easy to follow directions and they came out just like I imagined they would. Yummmy! On the downside it takes time to cook not quick fix meals, but when you have the time....the product is fantastic! I finished this book, but keep going back.
Stephanie
I'm hoping this ultimate casserole book is better than "The Big Book of Casseroles" (Maryana Vollstedt) which yielded no gems. I love casseroles- a completely underrated way of cooking really good meals.
Mrs.
I just re-read this book and upgraded it one star. It's a good collection of casseroles from around the world, some very easy, others more laborr intensive. The one big drawback: no photos.
Deyara
Bookmarked a lot more than I thought I would. There are heaps of meat recipes, but plenty that could be made without, and a nice casserole is very comforting.
Denise Lippy
Not as good as I thought it was going to be. I found a couple of recipes that I'll use. his little tidbits of information were very interesting and informative.
Lynda
Wright is one of my favorite cookbook author, so I was disappointed by this book. I was expecting great, but it was good. Some tasty recipes.
Kimberly
This got a little too fancy for casseroles in my opinion. I don't think one of these recipes called for cream of something soup!
Rose Ann
Jun 01, 2008 Rose Ann rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who like to cook
Recommended to Rose Ann by: Publishers weekly
Shelves: cookbooks
A nice cookbook with good recipes -- but hardly any pictures! I insist that any cookbook must have lots of shiny pictures!
Liz De Coster
An wide variety of recipes, but e effect it to make it difficult to find standout recipes.
Renee
Good thing I only paid 2 bucks ! won't feel so bad throwing it out - a waste .
Abigail Sprague
No pictures and weird recipes.
Carol
good recipes, most easy to make
Andi
Not a single photo inside!
Mariah
Many, many good recipes.
Alison
reqd from PL 2/19
Yorkl
Yorkl marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
  • The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever
  • The Italian Slow Cooker
  • Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast: 250 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Any Time of Day
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • The Bread Bible: 300 Favorite Recipes
  • The Tex-Mex Cookbook: A History in Recipes and Photos
  • What Can I Bring? Cookbook
  • The Casserole Queens Cookbook: Put Some Lovin' in Your Oven with 100 Easy One-Dish Recipes
  • Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life
  • Fiesta at Rick's: Fabulous Food for Great Times with Friends
  • All Around the World Cookbook
  • Glorious One-Pot Meals: A Revolutionary New Quick and Healthy Approach to Dutch-Oven Cooking
  • The Country Cooking of Ireland
  • Bean By Bean: A Cookbook: More than 175 Recipes for Fresh Beans, Dried Beans, Cool Beans, Hot Beans, Savory Beans, Even Sweet Beans!
  • Cover & Bake
  • The Pastry Queen: Royally Good Recipes From the Texas Hill Country's Rather Sweet Bakery and Cafe
  • Local Breads: Sourdough and Whole-Grain Recipes from Europe's Best Artisan Bakers
  • Perfect Recipes for Having People Over
A Mediterranean Feast: The Story Of The Birth Of The Celebrated Cuisines Of The Mediterranean, From The Merchants Of Venice To The Barbary Corsairs, With More Than 500 Recip Real Stew: 300 Recipes for Authentic Home-Cooked Cassoulet, Gumbo, Chili, Curry, Minestrone, Bouillabaise, Stroganoff, Goulash, Chowder, and Much More Some Like It Hot: Spicy Favorites From The World's Hot Zones Little Foods of the Mediterranean: 500 Fabulous Recipes for Antipasti, Tapas, Hors D'Oeuvre, Meze, and More The Best Soups in the World