Start by marking “Exiles, Volume 3: Out of Time” as Want to Read:
Exiles, Volume 3: Out of Time

Exiles, Volume 3: Out of Time (The Exiles #3)

The Exiles consist of heroes pulled from alternate times and universes who are sent to correct problems in the multiverse. Led by Blink from the popular storyline X-Men: Age of Apocalypse, they must set events in each world on their proper course or risk themselves being 'blinked' out of existence.
Published December 7th 2005 by Marvel (first published February 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Exiles, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exiles, Volume 3

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
It's been so long since I've read a graphic novel. I have a bunch of the Exiles that I bought cheap (way too cheap, trust me, the store didn't know the value of what they were selling.) Win for me. It still took me a ridiculously long time to start reading these. I wish I could have started with the first, but while I got lucky enough to get most of the series, they didn't have all of them.

It was easy enough to jump into the story. A group of superheroes were yanked out of their happy world wher
Blake Larson
Mar 02, 2012 Blake Larson rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
It continues what made the first two volumes so fun, but you can tell after the success of many issues before this one they have just kind of settled into a comfortable place. Judd Winick is still a great writer on the series, but for this volume to end after a battle with Mojo, it was just kind of a let down. (No matter how much they depict him as a major threat, I'll never buy it.) Not enough to stop me from checking out volume 4, I'm sure, but I guess all series falter a little here and there ...more
Holden Attradies
Aug 29, 2011 Holden Attradies rated it really liked it
This series continues to be as good as it started out! I'm enjoying the way that each character is gradually getting a chance to have their back story explored.

I was initially disappointed at how they dealt with Nocturn being pregnant (miscarriage), but after the chapter long montage of her and Thunderbird's relationship I felt it had a proper and fitting place.
Jedi Sunni
Nov 02, 2014 Jedi Sunni rated it really liked it
The stories continue with plenty of action and suspense. All of the characters are pretty enjoyable but morph is a little over the top at time and say things that are off the wall. I will say that the characters are relatable and everyone knows someone like morph. Overall I give the book a 4.3. I will continue on.
Angela
Aug 17, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
Another fun world changing outing. This time they meet Mojo who wants Morph, and Weapon X (another world hopping team). This book adds more depth to the Time Broker's way of doing things, and there are some very nice emotional moments in it. Characters from age of apocalypse return too, and thats good for Blink. Another great read in this series.
M
Jul 30, 2011 M rated it it was amazing
When a book can introduce a new cast and have you wanting them to return after only two issues, the book is worth reading - Exiles continues to play havoc with expected conventions. The team meets their darker counterparts in the reality-hopping Weapon X crew, we get a look at Mimic's mindset, the Lizard makes an appearance, and Mojo steals the show. Still awesome!
Adam
Dec 30, 2016 Adam rated it really liked it
The series is still going strong. Still a fun read. With a cast that is somewhat stable, but still open to rotation, the danger they face seems a little more real. You never know when a character might die or "fulfill their mission" and be sent home. This helps keep the series fresh and engaging.
Molly
Apr 24, 2007 Molly rated it really liked it
I love everything Marvel. The storylines are incredible! They have everything you could want: action, adventure, comedy, romance, political intrigue, allegories, metaphors, etc. Some stories drag, some end too soon.
Jdetrick
Argh! Winick really is a good writer and there is a beautiful issue in this collection.....but most of it is still too much narration; telling, not showing. So much potential.
Amalia Dillin
I need to get Volume 2 still, but I found vol 3 enjoyable even without it!
Rhiannon
Mar 08, 2009 Rhiannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
Awesome, particularly for the introduction of Weapon X, the Exiles darker counterparts.
Sam
Aug 08, 2008 Sam rated it it was ok
It really starts to wane by this trade. I'm not partial to Jim Calafiore's pencils. I don't plan on buying the 4th TCB because McKone never came back.
Arath
Jan 25, 2009 Arath rated it liked it
Shelves: done-reading
not bad and good
Dustin
Sep 11, 2011 Dustin rated it really liked it
One of my favorite series.
Ben
Ben rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2009
Ralph
Ralph rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2017
Dan Kok
Dan Kok rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Matthew Dement
Matthew Dement rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Adriane
Adriane rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Sarah Taylor
Sarah Taylor rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Ben Linzy
Ben Linzy rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2008
Julian Morales
Julian Morales rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Aaron Ewing
Aaron Ewing rated it liked it
May 29, 2011
Aaron Dudziński
Aaron Dudziński rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Andy
Andy rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2012
Hugh rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • X-Factor: The Only Game In Town
  • House of M: Mutopia X (District-X: House of M)
  • The Incredible Hercules: Secret Invasion
  • X-Posed (New X-Men: Academy X #3)
  • New X-Men, Volume 2: Imperial
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 4: Hellfire and Brimstone
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 8: Cats & Kings
  • Nova, Volume 2: Knowhere
  • New X-Men: Childhood's End, Volume 1
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four, Volume 2: Doom
  • Infinity Abyss
  • House of M: Avengers
Born February 12th, 1970 and raised on Long Island in New York, Judd began cartooning professionally at 16 with a single-paneled strip called Nuts & Bolts. This ran weekly through Anton Publications, a newspaper publisher that produced town papers in the Tri state area. He was paid 10 dollars a week.

In August of 1988, Judd began attending the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor bringing Nuts &am
More about Judd Winick...

The Exiles (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Exiles, Volume 1: Down the Rabbit Hole
  • Exiles - Volume 7: A Blink in Time
  • Exiles, Volume 8: Earn Your Wings
  • Exiles, Volume 9: Bump in the Night
  • Exiles, Volume 10: Age of Apocalypse
  • Exiles, Volume 11: Timebreakers (X-Men)