Start by marking “We Roam The Seas (Viking Dreams, #1)” as Want to Read:
We Roam The Seas (Viking Dreams, #1)

We Roam The Seas (Viking Dreams #1)

When an unknown evil lingers in the distance, Viking daughter Freya is forced into a marriage to keep her safe. Defiant at first, Freya soon finds herself wanting the attention and touch of the stranger whom is set to be her husband.
Asgar never worried about finding a wife, he only wants to take care of his people the way his father always has. When he sees Freya, he's pul
ebook
Published 2013

To ask other readers questions about We Roam The Seas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Roam The Seas

Accidental Leigh by Melanie  JamesNobody's Perfect by Kallypso MastersNobody's Hero by Kallypso MastersThe Darkest Frost, Vol. 1 by Tanya HolmesRussian Roulette by A.B. McKinley
Indie Authors to Watch
5,267 books — 5,397 voters
The Bridge To Caracas by Stephen DouglassShadow Hills by Anastasia HopcusThe Secret Magdalene by Ki LongfellowKerri's War by Stephen DouglassThe Tainted Trust by Stephen Douglass
Lesser Known Authors
3,634 books — 4,246 voters

More lists with this book...

Jodi A.
Jul 21, 2013 Jodi A. rated it it was amazing
We Roam The Seas (Viking Dreams, #1) by Theresa Marguerite Hewitt
Theresa Marguerite Hewitt

Theresa Marguerite Hewitt is a self-published, independent author of paranormal and military romances. TMH (as she is referred to by her rapidly growing fan base) consistently brings to life strong, emotional characters that have to face and overcome many challenges in their lives. The characters do not have "happily ever after" thrown at their feet and they do not always make the best of choices, but they will fight like hell for what they believe in and defend their l
Aimz
Jul 21, 2013 Aimz rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of We Roam the Seas, Book 1 of The Viking Dream Series by Theresa Marguerite Hewitt. She has written several amazing series, but I think she has outdone herself with this one.

This story pulled me immediately and didn’t let go until the end. I laughed and cried, was intrigued, was angry, and on the edge of my seat through the entire book. The characters are so real, you feel as if you are actually there and not reading words on a page.

To keep her safe, Freya’s Chief Father, ar
Shelli
Jul 23, 2013 Shelli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is her 1st Viking Series form this Amazing Author and my time reading one. She transports you to a world of Viking warriors and their way of life. Freya is a young maiden who lives on a small island with her father the Chief and her brothers. To keep her safe her father arranges for her hand in marriage to Asgar a mighty warrior from a far away Island. This is when the adventure begins and I was hooked. There is love, betrayal, heart break, revenge and Hot… Hot… sex scenes. This series is n ...more
Valerie Gaston
Aug 19, 2013 Valerie Gaston rated it it was amazing
Theresa Marguerite Hewitt is a rising Indie Author. She has quite a few great books out and We Roam the Seas is the newest series to escape from her imagination.

I LOVED THIS BOOK! It is absolutely one of my new favorites from her. She does a phenomenal job taking you back in time to the Viking period, drawing you in with the promise of friendship, love, betrayal and suspense. This story had me on an emotional rollercoaster- laughing and cheering and then crying with heartbreak. I couldn't stop r
Vickie Nattrass hawkins
Sep 04, 2013 Vickie Nattrass hawkins rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this book. The love scenes far surpassed scenes I have read in other books. Truly enjoyed the way she worked what have been listed as Viking traditions into the story as well as the romance and vengeance. I can hardly wait for the next 'chapter' in this series.
Dawn Smith
Sep 13, 2013 Dawn Smith rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly, I have never really been much of a reader of historical novels, but when the author asked me to review this book, I thought. I’ll dip my toes in the water and try it.

Let me tell you, I LOVE IT! This book drew me and would not let me go. We Roam The Seas is an amazing story, full of life and character.

Freya is a viking daughter who is being forced by her father to marry Asgar in order to protect her. Asgar s
Aug 16, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing. I couldn't put it down. I love Theresa's writing style, everything just comes alive as you read it. I would love to see this as a movie. It has everything! I cannot wait for book 2!
Savanna
Jan 03, 2014 Savanna rated it really liked it
Ok, wow! I started this book for the simple fact that some of my friends kept on and on and on about it. Seriously, that is all I heard about. "Sav you need to read the Vikings" so I said what the hell. My friends have good taste and they would never steer me wrong but I was still skeptical. I started the book and ummmm let me say I never expected to get so pulled in like I did.

First off you meet Freya and she seems shy and guarded and a bit naive and can I say I was WRONG! I mistook her comple
Mary
Mar 24, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We Roam The Seas, book 1 in the Viking Dreams series by Theresa Marguerite Hewitt was recommended to me by a friend and I’m so glad I read it. I love reading historical romance books of any kind and this book did not disappoint.
Freya is the only daughter of a Viking Chief, Ivan the Good. She’s got five older brothers and a deceased mother. Being as she’s the only girl and her father loves her very much – he’s way over protective when it’s comes to his only daughter.
Eska, the son of former slav
Neesha Brown
Sep 18, 2013 Neesha Brown rated it it was amazing
Excuse me while I have a TMH fan-girl moment.*clears throat and squeals* It only took 4 hours for me to finish this book, i deprived myself of sleep before work because I could not put it down. I need more vikings now!

I love Theresa Marguerite Hewitt, she never fails to bring a great story and draw you into the world she has created. I've read many of her series and this as now become my favorite series, sorry Rhea and Chad!
Freya is a young beauty that has been sought out by many men including h
Dawnn Mays
Aug 21, 2013 Dawnn Mays rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
I was fortunate enough to get an ARC copy and Theresa doesn't seem to ever disappoint. At first I was a little worried about reading a book about Vikings only because I have never read anything about them nor I have watched a movie about them BUT I figured I would give it a shot since I have loved everything Theresa has written so far and just let me say this.....OH MY GOD I LOVED IT! I was emotional within 12 pages of the book. I read the entire book in one sitting and in about 3 and a half hou ...more
Shelley Chastagner
Jan 10, 2014 Shelley Chastagner rated it really liked it
Great story line. Lots of action and adventure. Freya is sweet and innocent. Protected by her Father, brothers and best friend. She is however no wilting flower. This girl can seriously kick some butt. I loved her feisty side. Asgar is great hero. He's serious minded, is devoted to his family and people. He is immediately attracted to Freya, but he quickly falls deeply in love with her. He will stop at nothing to protect her from all threats, even from the ones she doesn't see right under her no ...more
Dec 28, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
So I read this book because one of my friends said you have to meet Asgar; then I had another friend who read it and she also said give it a go. I am going to be honest; I wasn't sure if I was going to like reading about Vikings and boy was I WRONG. Theresa does an amazing job about giving us details; it's as if you are actually there in the Viking Era. I want and Asgar in my life and then his wife Freya is amazing. She is so strong and loyal and just wowed me; I would have broken enduring what ...more
Estelle Martinez
Jul 26, 2013 Estelle Martinez rated it it was amazing
I love all the series Theresa Marguerite Hewitt has written to date this is my first Viking book and this one book has made me a fan. The story between Freya and Asgar just pulls you in from the beginning. Tho trouble is right around the corner their attraction to one another is just Hot!! Asgar is rough strong and powerful with a no nonsense attitude were it counts but he has a softness when he is with Freya. Freya appears to be soft and does what she must for her people but wow don't get on he ...more
Mindy Flynn
Sep 18, 2013 Mindy Flynn rated it it was amazing
I've never read a story about Vikings. Wow, have I been missing out! I loved the chemistry between Asgar and Freya from the very beginning. Their mutual attraction that grows into so much more as the story goes on. I actually fell in love with Asgar's entire family. The writing was so descriptive that I felt I could see them and know them.

Once I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down. This book has super sexy Vikings you can't help but love, conflict, death, love, passion and so much
Antie
Sep 15, 2013 Antie rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I love this story. The characters come alive right away. I was drawn into the story right from the beginning. I really like how strong Freya is. She is faced with having to accept a new husband, and a new life away from her family and the only home she has ever known. I like her husband Asgar, he is a warm and loving man, even though he does not want to show it. This book is full of love, with some betrayal. I enjoyed
Heidi
Oct 03, 2013 Heidi rated it really liked it
I really liked this one. It had me from the very start and I couldn't put it down. It felt like was transported right in history to when there were vikings. I liked that Freya is a strong woman and could hold her own and fight along side the men if need be. I would think back then a woman would have to be strong in order to survive.

While I wished the book was longer, I didn't feel like it was too short and ended at the right spot, I can't wait for the 2nd book to find out what happens next!
Charlene
Jul 23, 2013 Charlene rated it it was amazing
I have read every book by Theresa and loved them all so it was no surprise when I decided to get her newest book. From the beginning of the book, I was pulled in and had a hard time putting down my iPhone to stop from reading through the night! This book is written in a way that almost makes you feel as if you are actually there with the characters, rather then reading their story. I would highly recommend this book to any of my friends since it is so well done. Can't wait to see what book two w ...more
Deanne Tillitzki
Sep 15, 2013 Deanne Tillitzki rated it really liked it
This is my first ever review. I was sent an ARC copy and started reading it and enjoyed it so much I had to purchase the full book.

I have never been interested in Viking books, however I have changed my mind. I LOVED this book. I found it hard to put down. I was intrigued right from the start about how far Eska would go to get Freya. I love how Freya and Asgar seem perfect for one another and totally understand the other.

I can not wait for book 2.
Ronda
Sep 15, 2013 Ronda rated it it was amazing
I went in to reading this book thinking I was going to hate it. I am not a historical fan! I have to eat my thoughts on this. The way that Theresa delivers this tail is AMAZING! I am a BIG fan of hers and this is the one reason that I went ahead an purchased the book! This is one of many that I can say that I don't regret buying! Looking forward to reading book 2 A Rose In Winter!
Katie
Sep 30, 2013 Katie rated it it was amazing
Great book! Love the characters, not surprisingly, this one had me crying. I especially love that the lead couple weren't fighting against each other rather the troubles stem from other characters. Fantastic job Ms.Hewitt!!!!!!!!! I look forward to more!
Miria Vanessa
Jul 27, 2013 Miria Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Review to come ....
Daneesha
Jul 06, 2014 Daneesha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: viking
Grr, a cliffhanger! What a great story. I couldn't stop reading it and finished it in a few hours. I was a little thrown off at first by the "present tense" language...for example, someone "sees" something and reacts.
Freya is forced into marriage for her protection. Luckily, she's instantly in lust with her new husband Asgar. Actually, she's old enough to know that she will experience these feelings but she doesn't quite understand them. In a way, it is kind of innocent. Anyway, this marriage m
Nessa
Mar 07, 2016 Nessa added it
D.N.F.

I had high expectations for this book because majority rated it a 5 stars, however I am disappointed to say that the characters weren't loveable to me or believable.

I just had no connection to them whatsoever.

I wished there was more push and pull or conflict or banters between the hero and heroine but it was just lust at first sight-ish....not much depth to them.
Lauren
Jun 18, 2014 Lauren rated it it was ok
I hated this book. I couldn't wait to finish it so I could start something else. Eska was the worst and just ruined the entire story. The only things I liked was that freya was a badass and that they shot the funeral boat with a flaming arrow because I think that is beautiful.
Tate
Dec 26, 2013 Tate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really sweet story....and that was problem for me, it seems too sweet. even thought we have some dark scene but the writing style made it like cup of sugar...
I'm pretty sure lot of people will like it, so don't hate me :(
Margaret A
Jun 06, 2015 Margaret A rated it it was amazing
I love this book it keeps you in its grip from the first page, I so much want to read book 2, A Rose in Winter.
Mary
Nov 21, 2016 Mary rated it liked it
Ends in a cliffhanger.
Cara Ross
Cara Ross rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2013
Cnl1520
Cnl1520 rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Can't wait! 1 5 Jul 21, 2013 08:07PM
  • Viking's Prize
  • Treasure So Rare (Women of Strength Trilogy, #3)
  • Come Be My Love
  • Once More From the Top (The Women of Willow Bay #1)
  • Widow Woman
  • The Italian Inheritance
  • Cat Got Your Tongue?
  • Cursed Kiss
  • Return of the Cowboy Doctor (Wyoming Legacy, #2)
  • Easy Day for the Dead (SEAL Team Six Outcasts, #2)
  • Payback's a Witch
  • The Devil in Midwinter
  • Slow Cooker Comfort Foods
  • Forsaken Protector (Protectors, #2)
  • Capital Murder
  • A Man's Heart
  • Burdened By Desire (Elemental Sisters, #2)
I grew up in a very small town and will always be a country girl at heart.
More about Theresa Marguerite Hewitt...

Viking Dreams (2 books)
  • A Rose in Winter (Viking Dreams, #2)