Start by marking “A Family for Christmas (Texas Grooms, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Family for Christmas (Texas Grooms, #3)

A Family for Christmas (Texas Grooms #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  20 reviews
An Unexpected Gift

Eve Pickering knows what it's like to be judged for your past. So she's not about to leave the orphaned boy she's befriended alone in this unfamiliar Texas town. Since Chance Dawson's offer of shelter is the only way to look after Leo, Eve is determined they'll have a warm, welcoming home for the holidays.

Chance came from the big city to make it on his o...more
Mass Market Paperback, 288 pages
Published October 1st 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Family for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Family for Christmas

Brittany
A sweet read for the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. This book spans both holidays and offers a gentle story about acceptance, kindness and the importance of learning to appreciate people for who God made them to be.

Eve Pickering and Chance Dawson both have secrets and family pasts that make them feel that they are failures in certain aspects of their lives. These secrets are heavy burdens on both of them and impact the way they view themselves and others.

In A Family for Christmas, Eve rescue...more
Janine
"A Family for Christmas" by Winnie Griggs is the third Texas Grooms series and WOW what a superb Christmas story. Two souls with such deep hurts, not by their doing but circumstances, that has them holding a part of them back from everyone.

Eve Pickering is a young woman who doesn't think twice about helping anyone even a boy, Leo, she just met, and doing everything she can to ensure that Leo is happy and safe. Eve is an extremely hard worker who hates just sitting when there is work to be done.

C...more
Rhonda
4 Stars

This is book 3 in the series. I had forgotten that I had read the first in the series a year ago. I liked it. In this book is Chance's story. This book can stand alone but would be better if you read the books in order.

This is a charming good Christmas story. With lots of relationships and good will as people pull together to become a family.

Eve Pickering is on a train traveling to a new town to start a new job when she meets Leo a young stowaway. When Leo is kicked off the train in a sma...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
***3.5 stars***

This is a fun book to read for the holidays. The time frame spans between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Eve makes an impromptu decision when she defends a boy who was a stow away on a train. Her instincts told her that the boy needed her protection and she went with the feeling. What she found was a town full of acceptance and a life of her choosing. She also found that she was of more worth than she was led to believe, and a person worthy to love and be loved.

I enjoyed reading this...more
Amanda Caldwell
Review from The Book Babe.

I know most readers frown upon Harlequin, but I really like these books as of late. I have many of them that I really need to get around to reading. I've enjoyed all that I've read so far. I find that I especially like the two that I've read that are set in the American West, mainly Texas. There's something about Texas that makes it a great setting for books, it's certainly a preferred setting for Christian authors.

A Family For Christmas begins when Eve Pickering travel...more
Janga
In 1895, Eve Hendricks, with little enthusiasm, is on her way to a job as a milliner’s assistant when she befriends Leo, a young boy traveling alone. When the train conductor, a man who lacks the milk of human kindness, finds that Leo is a stowaway, he ejects him from the train and leaves him at the train depot in Turnabout, Texas. Eve cannot bear to see Leo left with no one to care for him, so she leaves the train too. A Turnabout resident, Chance Dawson, observes the incident and is filled wit...more
Lisa
This is the third in the series, but I did not know that and it read as a standalone very nicely. The strength and determination of Eve is apparent from the beginning, she just sees these traits as a negative. Throughout her life she has been told nothing but negatives about herself by her grandmother who raised her. She has an inherent nurturing spirit that makes her stand up for Leo, a 10 year old boy on his own, and take him under her wing. She tries to deny her inner spirit that she thinks w...more
Kay
Griggs's inspirational, historical romance is a wonderful example of hope and love overcoming fear and shame. Our most likeable hero harbors Eve and Leo, strangers and sojourners, in his adopted town of Turnabout, Texas, a fitting name for a place where one's life turns for the better. This is not a wealthy town to the down-and-out, but a place of love and acceptance. As our hero, Chance Dawson, has flourished here where he'd merely been tolerated by his wealthy and prestigious family in Philade...more
Fiona Marsden
3 1/2 Stars The characters in this book were all sweet and the story was lovely. This is Book 3 in the Texas Grooms series and we get to see the couples from the previous books living in Turnabout, Texas.

The heroine, Eve, is a very introverted young woman lacking self-confidence because of the way her grandmother treated her and the circumstances of her birth.

Chance has his own secrets although he appears at first sight to be a carefree charmer.

When he sees Eve getting all feisty in defence of a...more
Cathy
Winnie Griggs' romance "A Family for Christmas" gives romance readers exactly what we ask for--happily ever after. The care of a young orphan brings together Eve and Chance. They are both struggling with personal baggage and worry that the community they live in will discover their secrets and see them as damaged. Their united effort to give Leo a happy childhood gives them an opportunity to get to know one another better. If you are looking for a pleasant, clean, Christian romance, this book fi...more
June
Mar 27, 2014 June rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Another wonderful Texas Groom story. Chase left Pennsylvania to start over. His father has always criticized anything he's wanted to do. And now that he finally has things seemingly working in his favor, his father shows up in his home turf ready to criticize some more.

Chase has recently met Eve who has enough misgivings of her own to make him more than happy to help her out when she finds herself stranded in town. They work together to solve several issues and soon find that together they can...more
Renee Ryan
Another fabulous story from the incomparable Winnie Griggs. This author knows how to write kids! Leo was so well-drawn and multi-dimensional, not perfect but utterly charming. I also found myself cheering for Eve and Chance from the first chapter, and thought the happy ending was exactly what all three deserved. If you haven't read a book by Winnie Griggs, do so immediately. You'll feel like you've come home!
Susan
Nov 23, 2013 Susan added it
I did not know that this was the third book in a series until after I finished reading it, but that did not take anything away from the story. I really liked the story and enjoyed seeing Eve's character grow and realize that what she thought were weaknesses could actually be strengths. Now I want to go back and read the other two books in series.
Harlequin Books
"A sentimental story, this return to Turnabout reveals what is happening in this recurring character's life and is quite enjoyable." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Texas Grooms
Ingrid
A lighthearted ,quick read.I enjoyed this book.Deals with a couple issues,the main one I think is learning to trust.Sweet story easy to follow with a happy ending of course.
Lisa
Sweet romance, very nice family story. But a little too tame for my taste.
Shawn
It was a sweet and charming book. Enjoyed it.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Texas Grooms
Joanie Bruce
Joanie Bruce marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Carmen Kingsley
Carmen Kingsley marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Geri
Geri is currently reading it
Oct 14, 2014
Rexanne
Rexanne marked it as to-read
Amanda Barron
Amanda Barron marked it as to-read
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
  • Healing the Soldier's Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #3)
  • Family Lessons (Orphan Train, #1)
  • The Courting Campaign (The Master Matchmakers, #1)
  • Heartland Courtship (Wilderness Brides, #3)
  • The Husband Hunt (Smoky Mountain Matches, #4)
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas\Snowflakes for Dry Creek
  • A Texas-Made Match
  • The Duke's Marriage Mission (Glass Slipper Brides, #4)
  • Jingle Bell Romance
  • The Outlaw's Redemption (Charity House, #6)
  • Journey of Hope
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Carla Kelly's Christmas Collection
  • The Secret Princess (Protecting the Crown, #4)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • A Candlelight Courting: A Short Christmas Romance
  • A Patchwork Christmas: Three Christmas Romances with Bonus Handcraft Patterns and Cookie Recipes
191160
Winnie Griggs grew up in south Louisiana in an undeveloped area her friends thought of as the very back of beyond. With her two younger siblings and another family of two siblings for playmates, she spent many an hour exploring the overgrown land around her home, cutting jungle trails, building forts and frontier camps, and looking for pirate ships on the nearby bayou.

Once she ‘grew up’ she found...more
More about Winnie Griggs...
The Hand-Me-Down Family A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, # 3) Handpicked Husband (Texas Grooms, #1) The Proper Wife The Bride Next Door (Texas Grooms, #2)