Start by marking “A Beauty Uncovered (Secrets of Eden, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Beauty Uncovered (Secrets of Eden, #2)

A Beauty Uncovered (Secrets of Eden #2)

A beastly boss is tamed in this Secrets of Eden book from Andrea Laurence…

CEO Brody Eden is a loner. The brooding billionaire has secrets that he refuses to unveil to anyone …until he meets his new assistant, Samantha Davis. She's temptation personified, and she's sitting right outside his door.

Samantha's never met a man as guarded and gorgeous as Brody. She doesn't want
Published October 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Beauty Uncovered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Beauty Uncovered

Tanya
Oct 23, 2016 Tanya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I read this on a whim, Amazon recommended the book lol. And I thought it to be adorable. It was a modern day version of Beauty and the Beast with an office setting. Great find.
Cherise
May 05, 2014 Cherise rated it it was ok
Susan
Sep 21, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, a real beauty and the beast story. I really liked both Sam and Brody. Sam takes the job as Brody's assistant while her godmother is on vacation. Because of terrible scarring Brody never goes out in public. Brody doesn't expect the beautiful Sam to be oblivious to his scars. He is very attracted to her but still cautious. Sam is just as attracted to him but wary of getting involved as she just left a bad relationship with her former boss. As they get to know each other their feeli ...more
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver❤️
REVIEW: A Beauty Uncovered (Harlequin Desire) by Andrea Laurence Temporary secretary heroine finally entices scarred & very private software mogul Hero out of his office. He is very surprised at how differently she reacts to his massive scars & becomes more comfortable with her. As attracted as she is to him, heroine is cautious about having an affair with another boss. But as Hero increasingly lets her into his life, her feelings for him outweigh her caution. He is still, however, close ...more
Fiona Marsden
Jul 20, 2013 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
This is the second in the Secrets of Eden series by this author. This is Brody's story, the scarred reclusive computer whiz member of the family. Samantha is his temporary secretary, put in place by her God-mother while she's on holiday.

The relationship that develops between Sam and Brody looks like being a little difficult because both of them have prickles. Him because of his scars and Sam has made a bad choice in having a relationship with her former boss. Seems like the girls in this series
Lupita Figueroa BookLoverRomantic
Bonita, romántica, original y entretenida, pero le faltó pasión.
красная мафия
A ver. El problema de esta novela (para mí) radica en Samantha. Punto. Me cayó tan maaaal que no puedo ni decir que haya disfrutado de la historia, por muy divino que fuera Brody. Porque él lo es. Solo que, como suele suceder en ocasiones, un personaje que es bueno, empequeñece por el/la compañer@ que le ponen. Y es lo que sucede aquí. Ni siquiera Brody es capaz de salvar la historia él solito, y todo gracias a esta heroína. Samantha Samaritana Davis.

No es el hecho de que si esta mujer es una p
Jenny Jo Weir
Oct 28, 2016 Jenny Jo Weir rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh, read-as-audio
Nothing spectacular here but I love Beauty and the Beast so I'm going to keep on reading these cheesy books. If it were any other story, I probably would have hated it, but I didn't :-)
Nina
Aug 17, 2013 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis

A beastly boss is tamed in this Secrets of Eden book from Andrea Laurence...

CEO Brody Eden is a loner. The brooding billionaire has secrets that he refuses to unveil to anyone...until he meets his new assistant, Samantha Davis. She's temptation personified, and she's sitting right outside his door.

Samantha's never met a man as guarded--and gorgeous--as Brody. She doesn't want to fall for her boss, but there's something about Brody.... Beneath his gruff manner, Sam senses tenderness--
MyGoodBookshelf
I’ve read some pretty hard-going books lately and sometimes I’m in the mood afterwards when only some easy-reading chicklit will suffice. ‘A Beauty Uncovered’ therefore seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

Reclusive, prickly, millionaire boss with about a million idiosyncrasies? Check.

His new perky blonde PA, with a lot of confidence and a penchant for anything pink and sparkly? Check.

Pretty instant dynamic chemistry between them? Check.

Romance, humour and misunderstandings galore? Check!

I really en
Heather andrews
Oct 01, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing

I first saw this on Netgalley and I knew I had to read it I loved the cover and since Netgalley denied my request I went out and bought it myself (so take that Netgalley!) Brody, my heart hurt for him at times, but then other times I wanted to punch him, and Sam the woman is so pure of heart it's not funny. "no woman, sparkly or otherwise, had ever deliberately touched his scars like that. With every fiber of his being, he wanted her to do it again." Sam and Brody kind of get off on a rocky star
Liza Tice
Sep 20, 2013 Liza Tice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Let me start by saying this is the first book I have ever read by Andrea Laurence, but it will not be my last!!! When I requested this book I just thought it sounded interesting and the cover was sexy but clean. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a new take on the classic Beauty and the Beast (which is my FAVORITE). It was adaptation I did not see coming and I LOVED IT! The plot of the st
Rita
Aug 27, 2013 Rita rated it really liked it
A Beauty Uncovered is the first book I've read by Andrea Laurence, and it was quite an enjoyable read. Brody was not the typical hero. Even though he was a very rich computer genius, he was very insecure and did not trust easily because of the scars on his face. He was also a 30-something year old virgin. So, he was a great character who was unlike most of the heroes in Harlequin romances. I also liked the character of Samantha. Although she made a bad mistake with a boss in the past, she was th ...more
Tonya Warner
Oct 27, 2013 Tonya Warner rated it it was amazing
Wonderful.

Samantha Davis plans on taking a different approach on her new job. Do not sleep with the boss! Assured by her godmother that, Brody Eden is a grumpy, scarred man, she feels that she is safe. Until she final meets the beast, and finds he might be scarred, but he more than turns her on.

Brody has many secrets. Having his secretary desert him, and leave the sparkly and sexy Sam behind, makes him want to bring her in to his world. But a long time of hiding, and protecting himself and his f
Janet
Sep 28, 2013 Janet rated it it was amazing
I enthusiastically recommend this new twist on the old classic, Beauty and the Beast. Andrea Laurence is a superb writer, her skill lies in creating believable characters. I felt like the proverbial fly on the wall, privy to the inner workings of the lead couple's journey to love. I traveled along on a beautiful ride; from the fantastically drawn settings, to the stellar dialogue, and oh, the story, the story.
I love a good fairy tale, and this one is a great one. I must read more from this auth
N. Kuhn
Sep 12, 2013 N. Kuhn rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A modern day Beauty and the Beast. I loved this book. It was fun, fast and sweet. Not to mention a little sexy! Sam is a stubborn woman. Though the story makes her seem a little slutty, she's definitely perfect for Brody. He's a loner, and unversed in the ways of seduction or women. But it works for both of them. This was a really good read if you're looking for a HEA! I'm wondering if any of his brothers, or even him and Sam will have another book out. The cliffhanging ending was done pretty we ...more
Melody Cox
Feb 01, 2017 Melody Cox rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

This is another good book in the series 'Secrets of Eden.' The stars of this show are CEO Brody Eden who is a loner. The brooding billionaire has secrets that he refuses to unveil to anyone …until he meets his new assistant, Samantha Davis.

Sam senses tenderness and passion under his gruff exterior. She intends to make it her mission in life to unleash all that passion that he hides...with her...in his bed!

Another nice addition to the 'Secret of Eden' series. I highly recommend this bo
bombay_sapphire
Sep 14, 2013 bombay_sapphire rated it really liked it
I really liked this book & fell just a little bit in love with Brody myself. It was variation of a beauty and the beast kind of story. The role reversal as well of the hero being the virgin in this story and the heroine being a little bit more experienced was definitely a different twist but I liked it. Brody's proposal at the end was very sweet too. I'm looking forward to the next in this series. I never read letters from the author, but Andrea's was one very worth checking out. Gives a lit ...more
Diah Didi
As expected from Andrea Laurence.
I've been waiting for Brody's story and I loved it!
Well, there were parts where I really wish she wrote it a bit differently, with more details, and a bit longer. Because I came to a point where, I want more of Brody!
Gosh! Certainly a must have for me!
So who's next, Andrea? Xander perhaps? :D

More review to come. *hopefully

ARC provided by Harlequin via Net Galley.
Cora
Oct 15, 2013 Cora rated it it was amazing
A Beauty Uncovered is Andrea Laurence's best book yet. The chemistry between Brody and Samantha crackles, and I was roped in from the hero's first scene. If you like a good Beauty and the Beast type romance with a damaged hero, I can easily recommend this book.

Worth mentioning: Readers should be aware this book leaves a subplot purposely unresolved. However, it's crystal clear the dangling subplot is the common thread that will connect A Beauty Uncovered with the next Secrets of Eden book.
Dana
Oct 19, 2013 Dana rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-romance
First let me say I do not normally read the desire series. A friend recommended this one, and wow. The hero melted my heart...he was broken, alone, and valiant all at the same time. And the heroine sparkled- figuratively and literally. Can t wait for the next in this series.
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
Second book in this series, and the hero is a scarred virgin. I enjoyed the book, heroine was pretty gutsy.
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Nov 25, 2016 Emily (Mrs B's Books) rated it really liked it
**My thanks to NetGalley and St Martin's Press, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is a retelling of beauty and the beast for the modern world, but this beauty has a little more sass and bravery than the story books.

The beast is also more insecure and isolated than the beast.

It's just a cheesy as you would expect from a Harlequin romance and we get a bust up with a big romantic finish in order that we get our HEA.
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

A Beauty Uncovered is the second book in Secrets of Eden series by Andrea Laurence. I must say that I'm loving this series. With each new book we draw closer to the mystery lies beneath the Eden's property. In Undeniable Demands we learn there is a body buried on the property (or former properties). In A Beauty Uncovered we learn a little bit more about the person and who he had been. However, there are still more secrets to be uncover. Other than the deep dark secret t
Wednesday Stanley
Jul 26, 2014 Wednesday Stanley rated it really liked it
This is obviously as the title says the 2nd book in the Secrets of Eden series. And as I've said in my other reviews to this series of books I started reading this series back wards. If you haven't read any of the books in the Secrets of Eden series or my reviews on the other 2 books. So what should have been the 2nd book I've read in this series has ended up being the 3rd book in this series I've read.

So that being said even after reading the 3rd book 1st, and than the 1st book 2nd. I was rea
The Lusty Literate
A Beauty Uncovered is a modern twist on Beauty and the Beast with some added spice and a dash of danger.

An intense mutual attraction, curiosity and pulsing desire swiftly drive Brody and Samantha together. The two hearts fall fast and hard for one another as they begin a passionate whirlwind romance.

Samantha is a firecracker. A sparkly, bold and alluring vixen, Samantha makes all the right first moves and rocks Brody's world.

As a boss, Brody is prickly, mysterious and powerful. As a man, he's so
Kathy Osborn
Jan 08, 2015 Kathy Osborn rated it it was amazing
I'm really enjoying this series, if you loved Beauty and the Beast, you will love this book. In Undeniable Demands we met Brody (who was left scarred physically, mentally and emotionally from his childhood). His self worth is so low that he is a self-made recluse and doesn't associate with the outside world, but he needs a temporary personal assistant as his normal PA is on vacation. In steps Samantha, who is not going to let Brody get the best of her.

They say curiosity killed the cat, but in t
Maura
SuperWendy
Jul 02, 2016 SuperWendy rated it it was ok
I'll be honest - I picked up this book when I found out it featured two of my very favorite tropes ever - Boss/Secretary (don't judge...) and Virgin Hero. For added measure the author also crams in a bit of Beauty and the Beast. Unfortunately it's all too busy for the lean and mean Desire line (which clocks in at less than 200 pages). The characters don't tap dance around their attraction so much as jump right into bed - and given that the heroine just got fired from her last job because she had ...more
Widala
Feb 13, 2016 Widala rated it really liked it
This story is adorable.
Brody was scarred because of childhood abuses. Even though he had his own company and earned millions, he lived like a hermit. He used rudeness to push people away, but inside he's a very nice man. The beast who grew his own roses.
The beauty, Sam, was a confident and beautiful woman, the girly girl who loved pink and sparkly up to date fashion.
Her outgoing personality was perfect for Brody, because Brody wasn't happy with the lifestyle he chose but he was afraid to face t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Baby Between Friends (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #2)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • Conveniently His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #2)
  • One Good Cowboy
  • Lying in Your Arms
  • The Baby Deal (Billionaires and Babies, #36)
  • A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)
  • A Very Private Merger (Dynasties: The Kincaids. #6)
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • Riding High (Sons of Chance, #14)
  • The Consequences of That Night (At His Service, #6)
  • Daring to Trust the Boss
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • Driving Her Wild (Wilinski's, #3)
  • 10 Ways to Handle the Best Man
  • She's Having the Boss's Baby
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
Andrea Laurence has been a lover of reading and writing stories since she learned to read at a young age. She always dreamed of seeing her work in print and is thrilled to finally be able to share her special blend of sensuality and dry, sarcastic humor with the world. A dedicated West Coast girl transplanted into the Deep South, she's working on her own "happily ever after" with her boyfriend and ...more
More about Andrea Laurence...

Secrets of Eden (4 books)
  • Undeniable Demands (Secrets of Eden, #1)
  • Heir To Scandal (Secrets of Eden, #3)
  • Her Secret Husband (Secrets of Eden, #4)