Start by marking “His Brown-Eyed Girl” as Want to Read:
His Brown-Eyed Girl

His Brown-Eyed Girl (New Orleans' Ladies #3)

Published October 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about His Brown-Eyed Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Brown-Eyed Girl

Susan
Oct 03, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
Good book with both fun and emotional depth. It was a little slow to start for me, but really picked up steam by the middle. Lucas is in New Orleans looking after his niece and two nephews. He had been estranged from his brother and sister-in-law for thirteen years, but when his brother was injured in Afghanistan and his sister-in-law needed to be in Virginia with him, he went. The kids don't know him at all and Lucas has no experience with kids so he is floundering. When one of the boys drives ...more
Kate Vale
Sep 15, 2013 Kate Vale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I expected Lucas Finlay to call Addy his brown-eyed girl, it was the bad guy who kept using that phrase, creepily so. I knew the bad guy would show up, but when he focuses his gaze on four-year-old Lottie, I wanted to scream, "NO!"

Lest you think disaster is going to strike next, rest assured that Alzheimer-challenged Aunt Flora who still carries. But I get ahead of myself.

Lucas is challenged--hilariously--by his two nephews and niece when he agrees to care for them when his former love
Jess
When I entered the contest to win a copy of this book, I didn't realize how much of a family reconciliation book it was going to be. Nowhere in the description does that appear, it's more of a "Life As We Know It" type summary, and that's something that I'm extremely interested in.

And it's not as if that doesn't appear at all, Addy and Lucas's relationship certainly does evolve around his relationships with the children, but I certainly wouldn't call it the most important part of the book. I wou
Maureen Howard
Jan 19, 2014 Maureen Howard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We all need to thank Liz for another wonderful addition to our reading selection. His Brown-Eyed Girl is a real page turner. Lucas and Addy bring equal parts of heat and reluctance to their budding relationship. The kids will tug at your heart and the need to see him have his brother back will surely bring tears to the hardest hearts. Give this rough photographer and skitish florist a chance to pull you in and not let go.
Kathy
Nov 18, 2015 Kathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
An uncle comes to take care of three children when his brother is badly wounded and his wife goes to be with him. A couple of problems, the kids have never met their uncle because their father married Lucas' fiance and their mother doesn't want the children to worry so she refuses to tell the children where she has gone and why. Thank heavens for the next door neighbor.
Laurie
Oct 13, 2013 Laurie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The premise was good and the story definitely had potential but I did thing the story dragged in some spots.
It was nice to see the hero and heroine evolve as the story progressed. I enjoyed the way Addy helped Lucas with the kids. The way Lucas eventually won over his niece and nephews was also sweet.
I did get a bit frustrated with Addy as she waffled a bit in her feelings.
Mar
Lucas and Addy great characters with a good story arc. Starts slowly bit picked up the pace and swept me to the end. Equal parts heat,suspense and laughs.
The children stole my heart and Aunt Flora is the scene stealer. I really enjoyed this story.
Xondra Day
May 19, 2014 Xondra Day rated it really liked it
I really like that this book had 'real characters'. They weren't cookie cutter or predictable at all. The story was refreshing and full of humor with a little suspense. If you like something a little different from the standard contemporary romance then give this one a try.
Carol
I enjoy everything that I have read by this author
Harlequin Books
"Talley's characters are well drawn and complex."RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Category: Romance with More
Anna Johnson
Anna Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2014
SavageGrace
SavageGrace rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2013
Cindy Lott
Cindy Lott rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2013
Spring Adams
Spring Adams rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2013
Agnieszka
Agnieszka rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2015
Kelly Wise
Kelly Wise rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2015
Krista
Krista rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2013
Laura rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Deborah Darsie
Deborah Darsie rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2013
Anna La
Anna La rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2016
Betty Brown
Betty Brown rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Rosie
Rosie rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Tafta
Tafta rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Loren.C
Loren.C rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Angelina Hinderliter
Angelina Hinderliter rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Lucy_nyu13
Lucy_nyu13 rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Lyn Morgan
Lyn Morgan rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2013
Jana Oliver
Jana Oliver rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 29, 2015 11:00AM
  • A Man Like Him (Templeton Cove, #2)
  • A Perfect Distraction (New Jersey Ice Cats, #1)
  • Remembering That Night
  • Back to the Good Fortune Diner
  • A Ranch to Keep
  • His Wife for One Night
  • Just for Today...
  • Staying at Joe's (Castle Creek, #2)
  • Whose Baby?
  • Sugarplum Homecoming (Whisper Falls, #3)
  • 'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Rancher at Risk
  • No Ordinary Home
  • Undercover Twin (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
I unashamedly read, write and love romance books. I adore the weight of a book in hand and the anticipation of a happy ending. I love the journey, the word play and the magic of story. Nothing's better than reading a good book...except writing one. You can learn more about me and my award-winning romances at http://www.liztalleybooks.com
More about Liz Talley...

New Orleans' Ladies (4 books)
  • The Spirit of Christmas (New Orleans' Ladies, #1)
  • His Uptown Girl
  • His Forever Girl (New Orleans' Ladies, #4)