For the First Time

For the First Time

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Being a father shouldn't feel this risky!

There's not a lot former CIA agent Mark Sharpe hasn't done. Yet suddenly he's in a world of firsts—first time being a father, first time being self-employed…and first time being attracted to his employee. JoJo Hatcher, with her attitude, her tattoos and her investigative talents, tempts him in ways he can't explain. With each day s...more
Published October 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about For the First Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the First Time

Saly
I think this might just be my most favourite book by this author yet, it just had such great characters. We met Mark the former CIA turned PI in the last book, where we saw him struggle to be a father to his almost-fifteen year old child prodigy daughter. Mark never had a relationship with his daughter beyond sending gifts and awkward chats over the internet, his college girlfriend deliberately got pregnant. His daughter Sophie lost her mother and then because of her elderly grandparent's health...more
Molly O'keefe
this is my favorite of Stephanie's books. The hero and heroine are super well-matched. Very sexy, very emotional and very funny. The hero is really delicious and the heroine is really tortured. It's a win all the way around!!! Pre order!!!!
Christina Fashant
Former CIA agent Mark Sharpe is the best at what he does...just ask him. Having decided to leave the Agency in order to be a full-time dad to his reluctant teenage daughter, Mark has set up as a private investigator specializing in cold cases. Now, one of those cases seem to have come back to haunt him, forcing him to bite the bullet and hire on a brilliant partner who simply rubs him the wrong way.

JoJo Hatcher is a non-conformist. If someone can't tell that from her attitude, her tattoos will l...more
Kate Vale
A story that grabbed me by the throat and hung until through the last page. The hints as to who was trying to harm former CIA agent Mark's hugely talented daughter are offered throughout the story, but not in such a way that they were obvious. Thus, I kept looking for other clues as I kept reading. JoJo's backstory has horrifying elements and her character reflects those horrors even as she attempts to move past them. She can't do that without Mark's help, but he also needs her to protect his da...more
Darlene Torday
Loved the characters. Good believeable plot. Nice how the author took the main characters previous troubles and used them in the story and showed how the characters changed in spite of their previous problems.
Nicole Helm
Goodreads seems to have eaten review I wrote last night, but bottom line this was probably my favorite of the Tyler group books. I liked a lot of things about this book, especially that Sophie never falls into cliche teenage daughter territory and does something stupid to put her in danger. I liked that JoJo's past was particularly difficult and no shiny red bow of perfection was put on that at the end.
Chi-Chi
Great ideas, very sweet moments but a bit too rushed at times. Plus I didn't like what Jojo did in the end to "prove" that she had gotten over her fears... Still, very nice read, loved Mark and Sophie together!
Harlequin Books
"Doyle does a good job of making two very different characters fit together quite well in this opposites-attract romance." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
Asteropê
Asteropê marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
William F Sullivan
William F Sullivan marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Jasmine colligan
Jasmine colligan marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Donna Ruocco
Donna Ruocco marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Simone St James
Simone St James marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Elli
Elli marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
201802
It all started with Shanna and Star Wars. An odd combination, I know, but what people don't appreciate about Star Wars is the deep romantic element between two of the lead characters. I wasn't seven years-old when I was able to clearly spot that Han and Leia were supposed to be a couple.

Sure most of my friends, who at the time weren't nearly as mature as I was – after all some of them were still s...more
More about Stephanie Doyle...
An Act of Persuasion (Tyler Group, #2) The Way Back One Final Step (Tyler Group, #1) One True Love? (Harlequin Flipside, #2) The Contestant (Silhouette Bombshell, #52)