Start by marking “For the First Time” as Want to Read:
For the First Time

For the First Time (Tyler Group #3)

Being a father shouldn't feel this risky!

There's not a lot former CIA agent Mark Sharpe hasn't done. Yet suddenly he's in a world of firsts—first time being a father, first time being self-employed…and first time being attracted to his employee. JoJo Hatcher, with her attitude, her tattoos and her investigative talents, tempts him in ways he can't explain. With each day s
Published October 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about For the First Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For the First Time

Saly
I think this might just be my most favourite book by this author yet, it just had such great characters. We met Mark the former CIA turned PI in the last book, where we saw him struggle to be a father to his almost-fifteen year old child prodigy daughter. Mark never had a relationship with his daughter beyond sending gifts and awkward chats over the internet, his college girlfriend deliberately got pregnant. His daughter Sophie lost her mother and then because of her elderly grandparent's health ...more
Nancy
Feb 15, 2016 Nancy rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-again
I thought, "Ok, a decent read. Not great literature but a nice escape for a couple of hours."

Then he said "I'm going to take your virginity". Just to help her through the trauma of her earlier life and to help her be a full person able to have relationships - not with him because he doesn't have relationships because a woman in his past tricked him - but she'll be better off and happier when he leaves her.

Such bull-hockey. Why do the men in these books think they have the answer to all of women
Molly O'keefe
May 11, 2013 Molly O'keefe rated it it was amazing
this is my favorite of Stephanie's books. The hero and heroine are super well-matched. Very sexy, very emotional and very funny. The hero is really delicious and the heroine is really tortured. It's a win all the way around!!! Pre order!!!!
Chris McFarland
Mar 12, 2014 Chris McFarland rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Former CIA agent Mark Sharpe is the best at what he does...just ask him. Having decided to leave the Agency in order to be a full-time dad to his reluctant teenage daughter, Mark has set up as a private investigator specializing in cold cases. Now, one of those cases seem to have come back to haunt him, forcing him to bite the bullet and hire on a brilliant partner who simply rubs him the wrong way.

JoJo Hatcher is a non-conformist. If someone can't tell that from her attitude, her tattoos will l
Kate Vale
Sep 15, 2013 Kate Vale rated it really liked it
A story that grabbed me by the throat and hung until through the last page. The hints as to who was trying to harm former CIA agent Mark's hugely talented daughter are offered throughout the story, but not in such a way that they were obvious. Thus, I kept looking for other clues as I kept reading. JoJo's backstory has horrifying elements and her character reflects those horrors even as she attempts to move past them. She can't do that without Mark's help, but he also needs her to protect his da ...more
Fedora
Mar 13, 2015 Fedora rated it really liked it
My first read by Stephanie Doyle--definitely won't be my last.

A kind of bad-boy hero trying to clean up his act for his daughter, who's forced to live with him now that her mom's died. An unconventional heroine who's smart and independent and who's determined not to show her soft underbelly. And his daughter's a tough cookie who's easy to like in spite of her obvious teen-ness ;)

Well written characters, a plot that kept me turning pages. Will definitely look for more by Ms. Doyle.
Nicole Helm
Goodreads seems to have eaten review I wrote last night, but bottom line this was probably my favorite of the Tyler group books. I liked a lot of things about this book, especially that Sophie never falls into cliche teenage daughter territory and does something stupid to put her in danger. I liked that JoJo's past was particularly difficult and no shiny red bow of perfection was put on that at the end.
Chi-Chi
Dec 26, 2013 Chi-Chi rated it really liked it
Great ideas, very sweet moments but a bit too rushed at times. Plus I didn't like what Jojo did in the end to "prove" that she had gotten over her fears... Still, very nice read, loved Mark and Sophie together!
Darlene Torday
May 20, 2014 Darlene Torday rated it really liked it
Loved the characters. Good believeable plot. Nice how the author took the main characters previous troubles and used them in the story and showed how the characters changed in spite of their previous problems.
Harlequin Books
"Doyle does a good job of making two very different characters fit together quite well in this opposites-attract romance." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
Carmen
Carmen rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Christy
Christy rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2016
JG
JG rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2013
Marty
Marty rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Vera
Vera rated it liked it
May 31, 2015
Angel
Angel rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2014
Rosie
Rosie rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Clare
Clare rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2016
KC
KC rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Rajvir Sandhu
Rajvir Sandhu rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Mindin
Mindin rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Vicki
Vicki rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Paola
Paola rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Taylor Reynolds
Taylor Reynolds rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
Tikki Butcher
Tikki Butcher rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2015
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2013
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 29, 2015 10:23AM
201802
It all started with Shanna and Star Wars. An odd combination, I know, but what people don't appreciate about Star Wars is the deep romantic element between two of the lead characters. I wasn't seven years-old when I was able to clearly spot that Han and Leia were supposed to be a couple.

Sure most of my friends, who at the time weren't nearly as mature as I was – after all some of them were still s
More about Stephanie Doyle...

Tyler Group (4 books)
  • One Final Step (Tyler Group, #1)
  • An Act of Persuasion (Tyler Group, #2)
  • Remembering That Night