Start by marking “The Reluctant Witness” as Want to Read:
The Reluctant Witness

The Reluctant Witness

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  16 reviews
LEFT FOR DEAD

When his partner turns on him and tries to kill him, FBI agent Jack Mitchell is framed for murder and abandoned…until a blue-eyed beauty saves his life. Even in his wounded haze Jack sees Casey Johnson is hiding a secret. As the only witness to his innocence, Jack needs her. But Casey doesn't know who's more dangerous—the man who wa
Published October 1st 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Reluctant Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reluctant Witness

Honey Jimenez
I decided to give this book a quick read. I don't remember ever reading a Harlequin book.
It is about an FBI agent who gets injured and is found by a woman who mistrusts any and all Law Enforcement people. But despite her suspicions she helps him to get better and to get away from those who injured him. In the process she is dragged into his investigative drama, and he delves into her past without her permission and it leads to events neither wanted to happen.
I found the basic concept of the st
Bonnie
The Reluctant Witness by Kathleen Tailer was a action packed book. Casey kidnapped her niece Chloe and was hiding out in a friends cabin. Chloe's dad beat and killed his wife in front of Casey. Investigator was a friend of Chloe's dad and nothing was done to him. Jack, an FBI agent was shot and almost died near the cabin Casey and Chloe were staying. Casey was it all happen. He took Jack to the cabin. He was shot four times. She took care of the wounds. Casey had just graduated from medical scho ...more
Susan Snodgrass
I picked up this Love Inspired book at Walmart because it looked interesting and the synopsis on the back sounded good. I certainly am glad I did.

Kathleen Tailer writes a tight and action filled suspense tale. (No pun intended) Her characters feel real and the premise is sound.

Actually, I think she could have written a great full novel, instead of this smaller book. I will be watching for more from this author.
Bookworm1
I absolutely love this story!!!!!! It was absolutely and totally believable. The girl's side of the story made totally and absolute sense, and shows how corrupt the law can be, but also how helpful it can be. The little girl was totally realistic for being terrified of men because of her father's abuse, and it really showed her pain. The romance was absolutely amazing. What I didn't like was the guys emotional pain. That was the only thing that didn't seem realistic. He had a wife who had died o ...more
Karen
This a very enjoyable and very believable story within a story..Deals with the FBI,corrupt officials,a previous murder and child abuse...Fast paced and I adore the main characters FBI agent Jack,Casey and her neice Chloe..Highly recommend if you enjoy a top notch mystery with a Christian theme..
Lyre
This is a plot twists, turns and nervous draws the suspense novel; The book is structured in the author's trademark distilled style, chapters given in turn to leading character's voice, events building on events, highly recommend.
Patt
This was a quick read about an FBI agent who finds out his partner is into some serious crime and almost dies trying to bring him to justice. Romance enters in the form of a young woman who has kidnapped her niece to protect her from an abusive father. Lots of twists and turns in this one.
Janet
This rating is on the up side of 3 stars. So maybe 3 1/2 stars then.
Alicia Lowery
It was a good story. But I wish a few more things had been wrapped up by the end.
Anne
Fast-paced suspense. Finished reading the book before I even got it out on goodreads. Highly recommend!
Lesley
Good story - easy reading.
Laurie D'ghent
This book was a huge surprise to me. I read Love Inspired stuff all the time because I don't have to worry about sex or swearing popping up, but this book is in a league of its own. You would never guess it was published by the same people that print so much fluff (don't get me wrong, fluff isn't necessarily a bad thing). This book was epic and enthralling and I couldn't put it down. It's good enough to be a movie!
John Hanscom
Actually, 3 1/2. It is better than average, and a nice story, but the things that happen are VERY coincidental. For example [this is not a spoiler, as it is the start of the story], what are the odds that a person shot 4 times in the wilderness, in the middle of nowhere, would be observed by a runaway medical doctor.
June
Lots of action and great characters! This was a good story and had no trouble keeping my attention.

Fast paced and kept me wondering what could possibly happen next.
Jenny
Not your typical cookie-cutter book club style. I liked it.
Harlequin Books
Received 4 stars from RT Book Reviews
Beev
Beev marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Marcy Blanton
Marcy Blanton marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Darian Starr
Darian Starr marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Lorrie
Lorrie marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Sarah added it
Oct 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Under the Marshal's Protection (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #218) Perilous Refuge Children in the Wind Love Inspired Suspense October 2013 Bundle: Thread of Suspicion\The Reluctant Witness\Warning Signs\Danger in Amish Country Love Inspired Suspense November 2014 - Box Set 2 of 2: Hazardous Homecoming\Silent Night Standoff\Perilous Refuge