Start by marking “The Reluctant Witness” as Want to Read:
The Reluctant Witness

The Reluctant Witness

LEFT FOR DEAD

When his partner turns on him and tries to kill him, FBI agent Jack Mitchell is framed for murder and abandoned…until a blue-eyed beauty saves his life. Even in his wounded haze Jack sees Casey Johnson is hiding a secret. As the only witness to his innocence, Jack needs her. But Casey doesn't know who's more dangerous—the man who wants Jack dead or the handso
Published October 1st 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Reluctant Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reluctant Witness

Carmen
Aug 26, 2015 Carmen rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Christian Romance Fans
This book uses one of my most favorite romance tropes of all time! It's called: find-a-wounded-dangerous-man-on-the-side-of-the-road-and-take-him-home-and-nurse-him-back-to-health trope. This trope fills me with extreme excitement, so I was eager to read this book.

Of course, I do have to deal with the sad fact that is is almost completely neutered due to the no-sexuality-in-Christian-romance-novels clause.

How neutered is it?

So neutered that a chin is the only body part admired. You know, we need
Jenny
Sep 15, 2013 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not your typical cookie-cutter book club style. I liked it.
Honey Jimenez
Feb 02, 2014 Honey Jimenez rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
I decided to give this book a quick read. I don't remember ever reading a Harlequin book.
It is about an FBI agent who gets injured and is found by a woman who mistrusts any and all Law Enforcement people. But despite her suspicions she helps him to get better and to get away from those who injured him. In the process she is dragged into his investigative drama, and he delves into her past without her permission and it leads to events neither wanted to happen.
I found the basic concept of the st
Bookworm1
Nov 29, 2013 Bookworm1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this story!!!!!! It was absolutely and totally believable. The girl's side of the story made totally and absolute sense, and shows how corrupt the law can be, but also how helpful it can be. The little girl was totally realistic for being terrified of men because of her father's abuse, and it really showed her pain. The romance was absolutely amazing. What I didn't like was the guys emotional pain. That was the only thing that didn't seem realistic. He had a wife who had died o ...more
Bonnie
Jan 15, 2014 Bonnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Reluctant Witness by Kathleen Tailer was a action packed book. Casey kidnapped her niece Chloe and was hiding out in a friends cabin. Chloe's dad beat and killed his wife in front of Casey. Investigator was a friend of Chloe's dad and nothing was done to him. Jack, an FBI agent was shot and almost died near the cabin Casey and Chloe were staying. Casey was it all happen. He took Jack to the cabin. He was shot four times. She took care of the wounds. Casey had just graduated from medical scho ...more
Laurie D'ghent
May 06, 2014 Laurie D'ghent rated it it was amazing
This book was a huge surprise to me. I read Love Inspired stuff all the time because I don't have to worry about sex or swearing popping up, but this book is in a league of its own. You would never guess it was published by the same people that print so much fluff (don't get me wrong, fluff isn't necessarily a bad thing). This book was epic and enthralling and I couldn't put it down. It's good enough to be a movie!
Susan Snodgrass
May 21, 2014 Susan Snodgrass rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this Love Inspired book at Walmart because it looked interesting and the synopsis on the back sounded good. I certainly am glad I did.

Kathleen Tailer writes a tight and action filled suspense tale. (No pun intended) Her characters feel real and the premise is sound.

Actually, I think she could have written a great full novel, instead of this smaller book. I will be watching for more from this author.
John Hanscom
Sep 13, 2013 John Hanscom rated it liked it
Actually, 3 1/2. It is better than average, and a nice story, but the things that happen are VERY coincidental. For example [this is not a spoiler, as it is the start of the story], what are the odds that a person shot 4 times in the wilderness, in the middle of nowhere, would be observed by a runaway medical doctor.
Karen
Feb 24, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
This a very enjoyable and very believable story within a story..Deals with the FBI,corrupt officials,a previous murder and child abuse...Fast paced and I adore the main characters FBI agent Jack,Casey and her neice Chloe..Highly recommend if you enjoy a top notch mystery with a Christian theme..
Judie Dooley
Nov 09, 2015 Judie Dooley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very enjoyable--easy read. a story of friendship formed into love. with lots of twists and turns.Casey befriends a man who she witnessed being shot, but she refuses to be a witness to what she saw, because she is running from the law herself. A good solid story.
Lyre
This is a plot twists, turns and nervous draws the suspense novel; The book is structured in the author's trademark distilled style, chapters given in turn to leading character's voice, events building on events, highly recommend.
Patt
This was a quick read about an FBI agent who finds out his partner is into some serious crime and almost dies trying to bring him to justice. Romance enters in the form of a young woman who has kidnapped her niece to protect her from an abusive father. Lots of twists and turns in this one.
Anne
Jan 25, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast-paced suspense. Finished reading the book before I even got it out on goodreads. Highly recommend!
June
Dec 04, 2013 June rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of action and great characters! This was a good story and had no trouble keeping my attention.

Fast paced and kept me wondering what could possibly happen next.
Janet
Aug 19, 2014 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This rating is on the up side of 3 stars. So maybe 3 1/2 stars then.
Susan Vance
Apr 19, 2015 Susan Vance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
Lesley
May 23, 2014 Lesley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story - easy reading.
Alicia Lowery
Jan 10, 2015 Alicia Lowery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good story. But I wish a few more things had been wrapped up by the end.
Dawn Leitheuser
Feb 25, 2017 Dawn Leitheuser rated it it was ok
Was a really quick read and fast paced. I like the quickness and corruption of the story but for me it was more fluff. I like a bit more "meat" to the story. Although the corruption and events could be believed, the fluff part just doesn't do it for me.
Bonnie Drummond
Feb 27, 2017 Bonnie Drummond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Look on Facebook for my review.
Tarina
Tarina rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2013
Amy Jo
Amy Jo rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Liliana
Liliana rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2015
Conni
Conni rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2013
Courtney Field
Courtney Field rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Harlequin Books
Received 4 stars from RT Book Reviews
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2013
Felicia LaRosa
Felicia LaRosa rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2014