Start by marking “Defiant in the Viking's Bed (Victorious Vikings #3)” as Want to Read:
Defiant in the Viking's Bed (Victorious Vikings #3)

Defiant in the Viking's Bed (Victorious Vikings #3)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Consumed by revenge - and desire!

On his escape, this fierce, proud Viking is bent on making her pay the price of her betrayal - in his bed! Only, As

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Historical #1158, 288 pages
Published September 17th 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Defiant in the Viking's Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defiant in the Viking's Bed

Katrina Passick Lumsden
This book would have been a lot more fun to read had I not kept wondering whether or not the two main characters were on drugs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seriously, this shit was all over the place. She's happy, she's sad, she's content, she's crying, she's yelling, she's timid, she's indignant, she's trembling, she's flirty, she's shy, she's smiling, she's disgusted, she's depressed.

I was getting to a point where I felt like I wasn't going to be able to take anymore. I was shocked when I discovered it was only 288 pag
Claire
Aug 09, 2013 Claire rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those looking for a new sort of romance

When I first saw this book, I was intrigued to find a novel about Vikings or Norse people. Since most romance novels take place in England, this came as a welcome change. Plus, I love the cover.

Astrid (love that name) is high born but her parent's have died and her guardian is her horrible uncle. Leif is a Lord or Jarl, as they are called. He meets Astrid and is instantly drawn to her.

Astrid accepts Leif's offer to become his mistress to avoid a horrible marriage. I cannot blame her for this, w
Farrah
I am loving this new trend of Vikings! There seem to be a lot of Viking books coming out recently and, since I love Viking romances, I'm absolutely over the moon about it. Who can say no to a strong and sexy Viking? That's right, no one! And, despite these high expectations, Defiant in the Viking's Bed doesn't disappoint. It was a wonderful romance, full of thrills, misunderstandings, secrets, and hot Vikings.

Astrid was a great character. She was caught up in the middle of a war that she wanted
Cinzia
RATING 2.5 stars

Consumed by revenge—and desire!
On his escape, this fierce, proud Viking is bent on making her pay the price of her betrayal—in his bed! Only, Astrid has the heart of a warrior, and she will not be tamed as easily as he believes….

What can I say about this
Leea
3.5 stars...

When I requested this book from Netgalley, I didn't know it was the third in a Victorious Vikings series by Joanna Fulford The great thing is I didn't feel like I was missing anything at all and it's made me curious about the pervious book in the series.

In Defiant in the Viking's Bed we get a sense of Astrid and Leif before everything becomes on betrayal after another. Yes, this is one of those historical romance books where almost to the end the H/h are reluctant to say "I love you"
Helena
I'm a complete sucker for a Viking, so I snagged this book immediately when I saw it available for review - and I am so pleased that I did! This historical gem is well written and easy to fall in love with. Leif and Astrid are a fantastic couple and I had a great time joining in on their adventure.

I found Astrid a great leading lady. So often in historical romances, the women are demure and shy, but this hellion of a woman gave her Viking a run for his money. She is strong and even-headed, which
GONZA
I admit my penchant for the Vikings, but this book didn´t engage me at all because the female protagonist is an idiot, and since I believe that much of a man can be understood knowing the woman he loves ......

Ammetto il mio penchant per i vichinghi, ma questo libro mi ha preso proprio poco perché la protagonista é un'idiota, quindi siccome io credo che molto di un uomo di possa sapere conoscendo la donna che ama......

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HARLEQUIN FOR THE PREVIEW!

Harlequin Books
"Nobody does Vikings as well as Fulford. This marks the start of a new trilogy for her: Victorious Vikings. Book one is an engaging, thrilling and action-packed adventure about a hero chased by inner demons and the feisty heroine willing to fight for his love. Readers will love the clash of temperaments and the quest for justice." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
Anne Harvey
Another cracking, action-filled Viking saga from Joanna Fulford. When Leif is captured by an enemy and treated like a dog, he believes he has been betrayed by the beautiful and spirited Astrid. Once he escapes, he extracts his revenge by capturing Astrid in turn and treating her as his slave including bedding her. I know some people view Mills & Boon Historicals as trashy, but I always find them a good read with more at their heart than a love story. This is the first novel in what was meant ...more
Kate
Nov 07, 2013 Kate rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: books
By-the-numbers plot and stilted dialogue.

The historical research and consequent settings were well done.
Caro
A high 3 stars. This had sparks, steaminess, some suspense, evil villains, spunk, good personalities, self-discovery, emotions, and a good HEA. This would be something I wouldn't mind reading again, but more for the relaxing lazy-day read. It definitely keeps you interested but doesn't quite pull you in all the way. This was my first read into this series and I would definitely like to read more and see what happens with the other characters. I liked the action that was thrown in too, although i ...more
Sharon Tyler
Defiant in the Vikings Bed by Joanna Fulford is a historical romance scheduled for release on September 17 2013. Leif Egilsson is a warrior that that has been hurt in the past and has serious trust issues. Lady Astrid agrees to run away with Leif as his mistress- but their attempt leads to him taken prisoner and made into a slave. Distrust, escape, and rescue lead to the tables being turned and Astrid becoming Leif's captive. He craves revenge, but Astrid will not back down or accept guilt for s ...more
Sarah (The Book Bunny)
This book took me by surprise. I really enjoyed it. I loved the characters and the plot.

Leif was a really deep character with things in his past he couldn't let go of. I was brought to the end of the book on the edge of my seat waiting to see how the relationship with him and Astrid would end. Their relationship changed throughout the story. It was sweet for the most part with some hot and steamy scenes thrown in. I think Astrid was really likable, not just the shy woman falling for the man like
Sandy

DEFIANT IN THE VIKING’S BED is the third storyline in Joanna Fulford’s Victorious Vikings historical romance series. Each novel is a stand alone and is not connected with the previous or latest installment.

The story focuses on Leif and Astrid. Their relationship begins as friends but soon turns ugly when Leif believes he has been betrayed. Finding himself a slave on her uncle’s estate he is bent on revenge when it appears that Astrid set him up to take a fall.

Revenge is an ugly word a
Aussie bookworm
[warning Spoiler]

The start of this book is a bit hard to read, I really don’t go into violence against women, especially when it is their lover, but I persisted with this book and I am glad I did although the rough treatment of Astrid at first was hard to stomach Leif never did anything to hurt her and his actions are explained in detail later in the book.

Defiant in the Viking’s bed is full of romance and action and extremely entertaining especially with Astrids defiant attitude.

The Plot
Astrid
Bitten By Love Reviews
I absolutely loved this book! It reminded me of Johanna Lindsey's books. Believe me this is a good thing. We have Leif Egilsson a proud Viking Warrior, who first meets our Heroine Astrid after Astrid and the future Queen were kidnapped. Astrid and Leif become very close and begin to have feelings for each other. He wants her to come live with him as his Mistress.

Astrid is called away by her Uncle to marry an evil man. Leif has holdings near by and follows her still thinking of the time they spen
Joelle

Published:Harlequin
Source: Net Gallery
Gene: Historical Romance

About Book

Consumed by revenge—and desire!
On his escape, this fierce, proud Viking is
Book Reading Gals
Title: Defiant In The Viking's Bed

Series: Victorious Vikings Book #3

Author: Joanna Fulford

Genre: Historical Romance

Blurb: Consumed by revenge—and desire! Captured by his enemy and chained like a dog, Leif Egilsson has one thought in his mind: revenge. He'll no longer be beguiled by the treacherous beauty of Lady Astrid, and her innocence, which he so craved, will finally be his.

My Book Addiction and More MBA
DEFIANT IN THE VIKINGS BED by Joanna Fulford is an interesting Historical Romance set in the Dark Ages. #Victorious Vikings Book #1 Trilogy. This is Leif Egilsson and Lady Astrid's story. Fast paced and filled with deceit, betrayal, treachery,and passion. Sensual tension jumps off the page as you follow these two unlikely people on a journey of passion and trust. A victorious Viking, no man could defeat him, but Lady Astrid would defy him and bring him to his knees or take his heart!! Leif was c ...more
Trudy Miner
The first Lady Astrid saw Leif Egilsson was when he came and rescued her princess from Jarl Hakke. Once returned to their homes where Astrid was Ranghild's lady-in-waiting, both Astrid and Leif developed feelings for each other; then Astrid was forcibly returned to her uncle while Leif was away to be married to a brute of a man. When Leif risks all to rescue her, they are caught and he becomes a thrall, the lowest of the low. Astrid's uncle forces her to convince Leif that she wants no part of h ...more
Mistik | I ♥ Monster Fkery |
Historial romance. Vikings. 3rd person, 2 POV H/h

DNF @12% (after chapter 3) for a misleading synopsis.

I picked up this book from NetGalley and in the absence of friends reviews I read the synopsis. I read the first 3 chapters and whatever is said in the synopsis dosen't happen. So what then? This synopsis to me is misleading. In the first three chapters, he rescues her from another Viking, they meet again during a wedding celebration, they think about each other, they make small talk, he has an
Brittany Benton
I've read other 'Viking'-themed romance novels before but this one was particularly adventuresome and exciting. I enjoyed this read....passionate yet not overly graphic and the cover's delicious. Perhaps because I love watching TV's Vikings show I found this particularly good but the writing was able to place me there...I really felt like Lady Astrid for awhile....in love with Leif Egilsson.
L.A. Miller
I enjoyed this book, having read the series slightly out of order, I know understand some of the references made in the next book. The book started quickly and the chemistry between Leif and Astrid was evident from the first contact, though both deny it. As with any love story, there is passion, misconceptions, denial and eventually great sex. Add to it battle scenes with hot Viking warriors and you have the makings of a good read.
Maria
Defiant in the Viking's bed was good. It focused on the main characters in depth, which was great. Looking forward to a story about Finn and Erik.
The Lusty Literate
2.5 Stars – Moderate Steam
Defiant in the Viking’s Bed does not deliver. I was bored. The romance between Astrid and Leif is acceptable - neither epic nor inspiring.

Having never read a Viking historical before, I was hoping for gritty, intense, unique and interesting. Instead, this story was pedestrian and bland.

I might add that there is only ONE orgasm in this Viking’s bed. (Poor, unsatisfied Astrid!) This glaring deficiency of sensual skills makes Leif a hard hero to commend.

Pass.

ARC courtesy o
Amyra
Ben scritto, coinvolgente, la storia di Astrid e Leif è una variante "vichinga" di Romeo e Giulietta.... parlando di vichinghi, ovviamente, lui ammazza tutti e se la carica sulle spalle salpando verso il tramonto.
Meno male che alla fine, ma proprio alla fine, Astrid si palpa la schiena e si rende conto di avere ancora una spina dorsale.
L'inizio parte bene ma la scrittura perde vigore man mano che ci avviciniamo alla fine e la conclusione è proprio anticlimatica.
Si ringrazia NetGalley per la gent
Lexxie
*I received a free ARC of Defiant in the Viking's Bed from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

Very, very slowed paced for the first 52% of the book. I think it would have been possible to cut out a lot of what was there in these pages and still get the story and plot going. The pace became a little better after that point.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Johanna Panko
The beginning starts out a bit difficult, seems we have awhile to go before he becomes a slave. Then I don't think the heat is really there at her supposed betrayal, he doesn't act out at her nor does he make her pay beyond some menial chores before he forgives her. So despite the synopsis not really coming through for me I got bored.
N. Kuhn
Sep 13, 2013 N. Kuhn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: wow
Oh wow! I loved loved loved this book! It was historical, primal, beastly and sexy as hell! There was not one thing I disliked! Let Leif and Astrid take you on a sexy, decietful trip through Viking history! You will not be disappointed. Well written and developed, this book was a complete page turner.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Joanna Fulford has been a full-time writer for a number of years now. Always an enthusiastic scribbler, she found that the urge to write only became stronger with time. In the end she decided to take a chance and quit the day job to find out if she could achieve success as an author. However, she couldn't have done it without her husband's unstinting support. Fortunately the gamble paid off. It ha ...more
More about Joanna Fulford...
The Viking's Defiant Bride (Victorious Vikings #1) The Viking's Touch (Victorious Vikings #2) Redemption of a Fallen Woman (Castonbury Park #7) The Laird's Captive Wife Surrender to the Viking (Victorious Vikings #4)