Start by marking “Hot in Here: Uncovered\Tailspin\An Honorable Man” as Want to Read:
Hot in Here: Uncovered\Tailspin\An Honorable Man

Hot in Here: Uncovered\Tailspin\An Honorable Man (Harris Black #3-4)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  425 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Three smoldering classics from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster

UNCOVERED

Firefighter Harris Black is startled to stumble across nude photos of a woman…and handwritten notes about him. Who is this mystery woman? Harris hires a P.I. to trace her, never suspecting he's already found her….

TAILSPIN

Lumberyard owner Buck Boswell prides himself on his way with wome
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published October 29th 2013 by Harlequin HQN (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hot in Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot in Here

Susan
UNCOVERED (Men of Courage Book 3)

Firefighter Harris is good friends with his neighbor across the street. Claire and he run together almost every day and frequently hang out together. He likes being with her because she likes the same things he does, but also listens to him when he's ha
Mallory
UNCOVERED

Pretty typical romance novella from Foster. I wasn't in love with the female character. She seemed a little odd. Of course, a strapping, gorgeous firefighter can redeem just about any story in my book, but it wasn't the best thing I've ever read. Short stories are always difficult because they naturally seem rushed. It just wasn't 100% believable.

TAILSPIN

Another example of why some stories deserve more than just a hundred pages. I feel like if this was a whole novel it would have been m
Cardyn Brooks
Two stories are from 2004 and one is from 2005. They were 3-star reads for me 10 years ago, but now they feel outdated despite Lori Foster's trademark gift for writing romantic chemistry that sizzles. If Hot in Here had contained at least one new story, it wouldn't upset me that my library spent some of its precious, limited funds on this instead of a new title by L.F. or another author. Reissues are easy money for the publishers, but in the longterm this strategy siphons away resources from alr ...more
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~3.5/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

The first story, Uncovered, is about Harris Black, a firefighter, falling for a close friend of his. I really enjoyed this story. It was cute, and I loved the friendship and then growing romance between Harris and Clair was adorable and sweet, and very steamy. I really enjoyed how Harris found naked pictures of a woman and hired Clair’s bosses to find the woman; that brought a lot of entertainment.

I would easily give this story a 4.

The second story, Ta
Petra Grayson
For each of these stories, I really like the length of them. When you're looking for an emotionally fulfilling story with lots of happy twinges but you don't have hours and hours to get sucked into a full length novel, these are great. The sex scenes are somewhat graphic but they don't take up huge portions of the story. My one complaint with these stories is that they tended to make a lot of gender role assumptions: it's not just that “this” is what the heroine is like, it's that she acts (or l ...more
Kerste
I hate short stories. I thought this was the continuation of another series. Was disappointed to find short stories. Like the 2nd about the dogs and the lumber yard guy. But my favorite was the Honorable Guy or whatever...seem to be enthralled with military guys right now. Hate the short story short cut. I mean the ending is a fore-gone conclusion, so the only thing redeemable about a romance story is the journey. Short stories cut all that character development short. Boo.
Lynn Smith
Three great stories. Harris got his story in the first one and Buck in the second. Now they all are taken. The Last story was different characters. Liv and Hamilton had been in love for years but she had no intentions of being a military wife. Until something happens that makes her realize she has been wasting time.
Cameron James
This was the second of the two books I picked up randomly as an exploration into hetero romance… and it was interesting. (For reference, the first was Taming a Wild Scot by Rowan Keats.) Hot in Here consists of three novellas that have been previously published. Each feature a man comfortable with being single who falls for an innocent/virginal woman. He has to convince her that his love for her is true and not just the stirrings of a one night stand.

Hot in Here was enjoyable, however, reading t
Teressa
I really liked the first two stories in the book. However I didn't care as much for the 3rd story because it felt like an afterthought. The first two books were linked by characters while the third had no tie to the first two.
constance
I get excited anytime I see Lori Foster's name on a book cover. I am a huge fan and own almost all of her stuff, which is where the problem comes in. This is a collection of reprints. Luckily for me, I had not read the last novella An Honorable Man, but yeah, I'd already had the pleasure of reading Uncovered and Tailspin. All in all they were entertaining. As opposed to other reviews I've read, I actually enjoyed An Honorable Man the most, but perhaps that is because it was the only story that w ...more
Beauty and the Book
three books in one, finishes up stories of honorable man series. I enjoyed how the series ends plus the added book of An Honorable. Short reads cute story, loving group of friends
Linda Hawk
Three classic tales from Lori Foster in one book. They are classics for a reason. Lots of fun and well worth re-reading if you've seen them before.
Lost
Nov 05, 2014 Lost rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lori Foster Fans, Romance Readers, Short Romance Stories,
Three short stories that are perfect light reading for when you don't have a lot of free time or beach reading...
Allison
Excellent short reads. I think Ethan and Riley's stories should have been in the book too.
M. C.
The first two stories were better than the last. But overall, not completely bad for short stories.
Laurie
Three good stories. Not use to a stand alone for Lori, so it left me wanting more.
Meagan Catherine
Not my favorites from this author, but they were still all really good!
Danielle Sigrist
Not a bad book for containing three short stories.
Shannon Cheatham
3.5 for uncovered

4 for tailspin

2 for honorable man
D.peabody
Pure delicious fantasy.
Michelle
A great collection of short stories from Lori Foster. I enjoyed the fact that the first two stories had interconnecting story lines because they had best friends for heroes. Because the two stories were loosely connected, the third novella did feel a little out of place because neither the hero nor the heroine were connected to the first two stories. Individually they were fun to read with great character build up, fun characters, and some steamy plot lines.
Kristy Dean
This is a reprint for those who are a Lori foster fan. I had not read these so I loved them. The first two are part of a series where the characters over lap. One was a fireman and one was his friend who own a lumber yard. The third is a story about a military daughter loosing her father and her best friend who wants to be more comes to help her and ask her about the future.
Gabriella
The first two stories were funny and nicely written. I didn't like the last story An Honorable Man as much as the first two stories. For me it was a bit too over the top.

Uncovered - 5 stars
Tailspin - 4 stars (I wished this one were a bit longer...)
An Honorable Man - 2.5 stars

Joi Pineau- fleet
Any time a new Lori Foster book comes out its a good day. This book was no exception. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to read Harris' and Bucks stories. The final story was good but definitely a tear jerker.
Blender
As a fan of Lori Foster this collection won't disappoint, great for a rainy afternoon read.
Becky
3 great short stories full of action, suspense, drama, and romance.
Courtney
3 cute short stories!
Stephanie
Barf. Save your $$ and some trees. I'm so disappointed.
Nibrock
3 cute stories. A little far fetched. But fun.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Men of Courage 7 of 13
  • He's the One (includes Oklahoma Nights #1.5; Barefoot William #2.5)
  • Be Mine:  Sizzle\Too Fast to Fall\Alone With You
  • Seeing Red (Firefighter, #3)
  • The Naughty List
  • Perfect Together (Serendipity's Finest, #3)
  • Scarlet Devices (Steam and Seduction, #2)
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • The Officer Breaks The Rules (Semper Fi, #2)
  • The Ranger
  • Miss Lavigne's Little White Lie (Beau Monde, #3)
  • The Christmas Cookie Collection
  • Hot Summer Nights (Bluebonnet, #2.5; Serendipity, #3.5; Hope, #0.5)
  • The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5)
  • In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)
  • Holiday Magic
  • The Christmas Wedding Quilt: Let It Snow\You Better Watch Out\Nine Ladies Dancing
  • Grim Shadows (Roaring Twenties, #2)
  • A SEAL at Heart (West Coast Navy SEALs, #1)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Harris Black (2 books)
  • Riley
  • Uncovered
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)