Start by marking “Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1)

Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers #1)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  3,889 Ratings  ·  594 Reviews
Once upon a time Kayla loved Christmas

Now she’s more dedicated to her job than decking the halls, and can’t wait for the ‘most wonderful time of the year’ to be over.

Until she arrives at the enchanting Snow Crystal ski resort, determined to win gorgeous owner Jackson as a marketing client.

But wooing Jackson professionally quickly turns personal as they spend flirty festiv
Published October 29th 2013 by Harlequin HQN (first published October 4th 2013)

Claire Robinson
4 - "There is nowhere I'd rather be than Snow Crystal at Christmas." Stars!

Sarah Morgan + Christmas = Cracking read.

Well for me it does anyway, and Sleigh Bells in the Snow was no exception. The first book in the O’Neil Brothers Series was as enjoyable as all the other Christmas romances I have read by this author.

"You make me smile."

Jackson was the perfect mix of sweet, open and dominant. Kayla; being closed off and emotionally unavailable and the one who struggled with Christmas worked perfect
Tami ReadingTeabag
NOOOOIN D': <'3 es ist vorbei. Das Buch ist vorbei. Es ist zu Ende. Hat mein Bücherregal vielleicht sowas wie nen Eingang nach Narnia, nur dass in einem geheimen Fach dieses Buch als unendliche Geschichte liegt? Bitte? Jepp, ich heule und mein Herz tut weh und dieser Hangover wird mich mein ganzes Leben lang verfolgen. Aua.
Nicola
Dec 21, 2016 Nicola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Morgan continues to prove why she has rapidly become one of my favourite authors. If festive, family and feel-good is what you're after, Snow Crystal is the place to be. I'm already in love with the whole O'Neil family and am off to discover if Sean and Tyler can match the romantic standards Jackson has set.

description
Saly
Nov 23, 2013 Saly rated it really liked it
For Kayla Green, Christmas means pretense, she has to act as if she cares about the whole cheer of the holiday when in reality it only brings up painful memories. Kayla is great at her job, she is in PR and lives and breathes her job and she gets a perfect opportunity to get out of the cheer for a job, helping their new client Jackson O'Neil , publicize his family's resort. The only caveat is that she has to stay at the resort for a week and she asks for an isolated cabin.

Of course at her first
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 24, 2014 Jacob Proffitt rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
Yes, I read a Christmas book in June. And it is a very Christmasy book.

Okay, problems first (besides this atrocious cover—Jackson is a manly outdoorsy man, not some squirrelly man-child with scruff). The biggest problem is that Kayla has been in stasis for way, way too long. I get family trauma and painful memories, but she's 28 and nobody stays exactly the same for that long (since early teens). People are big piles of inconsistency, even if they aren't actively changing all the time, and that
Jane Stewart
Sep 21, 2014 Jane Stewart rated it liked it
2 stars. Too much internal angst.

I liked the setting and overall plot. Romantic log cabins in beautiful snowy Vermont with skiing, sledding, ice skating. Jackson hires city girl Kayla (a PR wiz) to publicize the family owned resort.

I did not like Kayla’s angst. Her parents divorced when she was 13 and neither parent wanted her. Therefore she hates Christmas and being around happy families. She has never had a love relationship. She comes to the Vermont resort for a week to create a PR campaign.
Patrisha
Dec 06, 2014 Patrisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, io voglio entrare in questo romanzo, voglio passare un'intera settimana a Snow Crystal esattamente come la protagonista. Vivere in uno chalet che da sulle montagne con la neve che cade, il caminetto acceso, l'idromassaggio sulla terrazza e la cucina natalizia, per non parlare delle gite per la foresta con la slitta trainata da cavalli, cascate ghiacciate, laghi per pattinare... Voglio partire ora.
E' amore... impossibile non amare l'ambientazione di questo romanzo, come anche tutta la famig
Jacqueline
Meh.

This had all of the ingredients for a sweet and romantic festive tale but I didn't get the feels.

She's a PR guru, brought in to rescue his idyllic family winter ski and snow resort from financial ruin.

I was told this couple had 'chemistry' umpteen times in the narrative but I didn't actually feel it. It's not enough to tell me the chemistry' s there between them, I have to feel the belly warming feels and the delicious tension making me want to read on. Instead, it was a bit flat and lifeles
Svenja
Dec 23, 2016 Svenja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Das Buch ist eine süße Weihnachts-/Wintergeschichte, in der man tatsächlich ein wenig in Weihnachtsstimmung kommt.

Dazu trägt vor allem diese fantastische Familie bei. Ich mochte jeden einzelnen Charakter und möchte unbedingt noch mehr von den O'Neils lesen.

Sarah Morgan beschreibt die Landschaft, Gerüche und Eindrücke sehr bildlich und man würde am liebsten sofort einen Urlaub in dem Resort & Spa der O`Neils buchen.
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
This was a wonderful read, it really was. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and the ending put a great big smile on my face.

The romance grows in a believable way - sometimes love at first sight does exist. It just has to be done right. And Sarah Morgan does it right in this book.

I want so badly to be in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with a hot tub on the deck. I don't care about the location or whether there's snow, but take me now! I want to sit in that hot tub and stare at the night
Federica Vantaggio
Portatemi a Snow Crystal e datemi un Jackson O'Neil tutto per me.. vi prego! PER FAVORE!!

Come ho fatto ad innamorarmi follemente di questo libro?
Semplice, io sono Kayla: mi sono rivista in ogni sua paura e, soprattutto, nella sua allergia per il natale! Ebbene si, anche io sono un po' il Grinch della situazione!
....
....
Ok, sono un Grinch in piena regola, ma non è questo il punto!

"Dimmelo Kayla. Dimmi cosa è successo là dentro." -Jackson
"Perchè ti interessa?" -Kayla
"Forse posso aggiustarlo" -J
Rebecca
'She'd discovered long before that loneliness could be a dull background ache or it could be sharp and painful. It could bite into the soft parts of a person leaving bruises, or it could just nip gently at the edges of your subconscious. She'd learned to live with it, but tonight the O'Neils had ripped away all the protection she'd so carefully wrapped around herself, leaving her vulnerable and exposed.'

(view spoiler)
willaful
Oct 29, 2013 willaful rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Susan Mallery
If Snow Crystal Resort was based on a real place, the way Nora Roberts's Inn books are, I would be so there. I've never had much interest in winter sports, but everything about the place sounds spectacular. I was captivated from this sentence:

"'The way you've built it -- the way it's designed --' she tilted back her head and looked through glass into the twilight and the forest -- 'it's as if the outside is inside. It's like being part of the forest and the mountains. You can virtually feel the
Cassandra
Nov 25, 2016 Cassandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Schönes Weihnachtsfeeling.
Daydream Believer
Ich hätte noch ewig in Snow Crystal bleiben können ❤ Unglaublich schön !!!
Heidi Hart
This is Sarah Morgan's first single title romance, and my first Sarah Morgan. I was underwhelmed. I had a hard time warming up to the characters, especially Kayla, who is a workaholic ad executive who hates Christmas. She's a Brit working in Manhattan, but welcomes the chance to spend a week in Vermont over Christmas working on a new account for the Snow Crystal Spa and Resort, a struggling family business run by Jackson O'Neil, his brother (a competive skier recovering from a career-ending inju ...more
Desere
Sep 30, 2013 Desere rated it it was amazing

Striving to be the best at which ever job you do is perfectly acceptable, we all want recognition and we all want to make it to the top, but when it is only your job you live for and nothing else, now that is a serious cause for concern.

You don't interact with anyone unless it is about work, you don't go to bed before 3 am in the morning and by 5 am you are back up and going for the next deal. You are surrounded by people but in actual fact you are nothing but a lonely sad workaholic.

In the ne
Ana

Also posted on This Chick Reads

*Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review*

I CAN NOT BELIEVE I just recently discovered Sarah Morgan's books. I mean, just look at the number of books she's written so far, and look at their ratings!!

I indeed deserve to be hit with a stick for not reading at least one of Sarah's books before, but boy oh boy am I glad I got the chance to start with this one. 'Sleigh Bells in the Snow' is a FANTASTIC read! It's a perfect festive read full of Christmas
Nancy Crocker
Oct 07, 2013 Nancy Crocker rated it it was amazing
Sarah Morgan’s latest book Sleigh Bells in the Snow was the perfect way to start my holiday reading. I totally fell in love with this book. The setting takes place in Snow Crystal, Vermont. It was written with beautiful scenery and winter activities. It made this reader wish she could travel north for the holidays.

Kayla Green is not a big fan of Christmas, so when the chance came along to escape the decorations and parties she jumped at it. She envisioned herself isolated from the rest of the w
Nas Dean
Nov 17, 2013 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing

SLEIGH BELLS IN THE SNOW by USA Today Bestselling Author Sarah Morgan is an outstanding Christmas story.

Kayla Green is at the top of her job, smart and successful. But she hates Christmas. And everything associated with it. When Jackson O’Neil approaches her company for business and offers a week at his lodge, Kayla jumps at the offer. As it would take her away from all things Christmas.

Little does she know that it would put her smack bang in the middle of family times and Christmas with Jackso
Abby Green
Oct 07, 2013 Abby Green rated it it was amazing
I am blaming Miss Morgan for my sleepless night, staying up to read this book. O.M.G. I LOVED Jackson and Kayla. And the whole O'Neil family. Jackson is pretty much your dream hero - could I please order him for Christmas?!
Kayla is gorgeous too, really spiky and ambitious and professional but just a mush underneath it all. Their short whirlwind romance is the stuff of romantic stories and the best fantasies.
BUT, the third sparkling character in this book has to be the setting. I fell in love wit
Sandra
Dec 26, 2014 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coup de coeur !! ❤
D'abord merci à toi Galléane de m'avoir convaincue par tes revues toujours éclairées. Ce soir, encore plus que d'habitude, si c'est possible, tu es une de mes booktubeuses préférées !!
J'ai toujours un peu peur avec la romance. Souvent trop de sexe, trop tôt, sans grande cohérence.
Mais ici, la romance se construit progressivement dans un univers absolument enchanteur, avec une famille haute en couleurs.
Le tout est rythmé, et parfois vraiment drôle.
C'est une romance très visuelle
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Family, friendship, Christmas, holiday, work.

One of my favourite festive reads, and one that I reread often.

It's full of the warm fuzzies.

And I so badly want to go to Snow Crystal.

This isn't a book just for Christmas, but it definitely helps build the atmosphere.
Amarilli Settantatre
Nov 29, 2016 Amarilli Settantatre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Assolutamente delizioso.
In questi giorni in cui mi sento cattiva con l'intero mondo è stato come un'aspirina che mi ha fatto scendere la febbre.
Romantico, dolce, divertente. Emozionante nel senso più buono del termine.
Misswhiteangel
Jan 06, 2017 Misswhiteangel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was für eine wundervolle, herzzerreisende Geschichte. Wahrscheinlich die schönste Weihnachtsgeschichte, die ich bisher gelesen habe. Hach... Schade, dass es schon vorbei ist.
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
La mia recensione sul blog http://www.leggereromanticamente.com/...

Se state cercando una commedia romantica ambientata nel periodo natalizio, vi consiglio caldamente il primo romanzo della serie con protagonisti i fratelli O’Neil. Non avevo ancora letto nulla di Sarah Morgan, e sono felice di aver scoperto questa nuova autrice che, con questa sua storia, mi ha appassionato dall’inizio alla fine.
Kayla è una donna in carriera, lavoratrice stacanovista imbattibile nel suo lavoro di PR, ma estremam
Ellie
Nov 09, 2013 Ellie rated it really liked it
ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley

If your are looking for the perfect Christmas romance read, look no further, this is the right book for you. I haven't read any holiday romances before but after reading lowing praise for this one on Dear Author and Smexy Books, I decided to try it. And it was so worth it. I really enjoyed this feel-good heart-warming fantasy romance of gorgeous characters celebrating the true magic of Christmas.

The story is rather typical - PR city girl who hates Christmas
Rea Cobb
Dec 16, 2013 Rea Cobb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have previously read two books by Sarah Morgan which both had two short stories in one book. I did enjoy them both but I was looking forward to reading Sleigh Bells in the Snow because it would be my first full length novel by this author. The cover is beautiful, very wintery and festive and with a lovely sprinkling of glitter!

Christmas used to be Kayla’s favourite time of the year but now she does everything she can to avoid the season. The only thing that makes Kayla happy is ploughing herse
Megan Readinginthesunshine
The cover for Sleigh Bells In The Snow is BEAUTIFUL! I couldn’t stop staring at it and it made me feel very festive and Christmassy just looking at it!

Kayla used to love Christmas, but now she can’t wait for it to be over and spends her time throwing herself into her PR job and everything that goes with it. So when she arrives at the beautiful Snow Crystal ski resort to win over gorgeous owner Jackson as a marketing client, she finds herself surrounded by Christmas cheer. But while she is trying
Heather
Oct 17, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ouab
I received and ARC of this book from NetGalley for my honest opinion.
Snow Crystal seems like the most magical place on earth. When Kayla goes there for working trying to avoid any and all reminders of Christmas she is smacked across the face with so much Christmas joy and cheer she probably wants to barf. She has hated Christmas for a long time and with valid reasons. All she has to do is make it through a week of this and she can go back to New York and forget about sleepy, snowy Vermont.
That’s
  • Coming Home for Christmas
  • Calling Mrs Christmas
  • Her Holiday Man
  • In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1)
  • Within Reach
  • Christmas at the Gingerbread Café (The Gingerbread Café, #1)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #1)
  • Last Christmas
  • Wild Child (Boys of Bishop, #1)
  • Hunk for the Holidays (Hunk for the Holidays, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Last Seduction
  • The Parisian Christmas Bake Off
  • Christmas in Snowflake Canyon (Hope's Crossing, #6)
  • Make My Wish Come True
  • Christmas Carol
  • It's Not Christmas Without You (Holloway, #1)
  • Merry and Bright
About Sarah

USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes contemporary romance and her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe. She has been nominated 4 times for the prestigious RITA® Award from the Romance Writers of America and has won the award twice. Sarah lives near London, England, and when she isn't reading or writing she loves being outdoors.

Look out for M
More about Sarah Morgan...

O'Neil Brothers (3 books)
  • Suddenly Last Summer (O'Neil Brothers, #2)
  • Maybe This Christmas (O'Neil Brothers, #3)

“Family could be like a cushion, Kayla thought. Something soft to protect you from the blows of life. You couldn’t stop the blows happening, but if you had people who cared around you then the blows hurt less.” 0 likes
“You feel out of control, but we can’t control everything that happens in life. Sometimes we just have to go where the tide takes us and know we’ll cope with whatever comes along.” 0 likes