Big Sky Christmas

Big Sky Christmas (Coffee Creek, Montana #4)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  17 reviews
A Holiday For Healing

Jackson Stone will always be grateful to the Lamberts, who took him in when he was just a kid. But since the accident that killed his foster brother, Brock, he stays away from the family at Coffee Creek Ranch. Especially now that Brock's former fiancee, Winnie Hays, is back in town with her little boy.

The simmering attraction between them may surprise...more
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published October 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Big Sky Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Sky Christmas

Melissa
**This book was received in a Goodreads Giveaway**

I have to say, this fourth and final book in the Coffee Creek Montana series certainly improved upon the third book. The characters were written better and the plot moved along better. And because it is the fourth book, it's one of those series that would be helpful to read in order. Especially because this one relies a lot on the history from the other books.

Winnie has finally returned to Coffee Creek. In Book One, we saw her on her wedding day,...more
Rita
Big Sky Christmas was a great, short romance. I absolutely loved Jackson and Winnie. A couple of years prior to the beginning of the story, Winnie’s fiancé, Brock, died in a car accident on the way to their wedding. Winnie was pregnant at the time and later gave birth to their son. Brock’s foster brother, Jackson, was the one driving and blames himself even though it wasn’t his fault. Jackson had always had a crush on Winnie, but of course, didn’t do anything about it because Brock was his best...more
Rhonda

4 STARS
Coffee Creek, Montana series book 4

This was the last book in the Coffee Creek series. I thought it ended on a good note. Somehow I missed reading book 3. I have given the three I have read all 4 stars.

Big Sky Christmas is a feel good story. Some tender moments, some funny moments and just joy of a mother enjoying her son. I have been waiting to see Winnie Hays back in Coffee Creek.

Winnie in book 1 of the series it was her wedding day but her groom Brock never made it to the chapel. He wa...more
Yazmin
4.5 Stars
In Big Sky Christmas by C.J. Carmichael, Jackson Stone has always been grateful to the Lamberts for taking him in and giving him a family when he most needed it. But after the death of Brock, for which he still blames himself, he can’t be near them for the guilt kills him. Not only the guilt that he was driving in the accident that killed him, but also that he always coveted his fiancé, Winnie Hayes, even if he never acted on it. Which I why he left Coffee Creek to go help and works wit...more
Fiona Marsden
Jul 11, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like good dialogue, and real people
Recommended to Fiona by: Author ARC supplied
Colton is one of the Harts. He's the unreliable one. The one who couldn't make it home in time to be his brother's best man. The one who lives in a trailer and spends his time cruising the rodeo's. He rides, broncs and bulls and the odd passing woman. Big brother Ace has almost given up expecting him to pull his weight around the Ranch. Mom Hart is thinking he'll never settle down with a good woman.

Until old friend Leah turns up back in town, rebuilding her life after a failed marriage accompani...more
Janet
I think that this is the final book in The Coffee Creek Series, and though the author does a great job of summarizing the series so the book stands alone, I think I would have felt a more emotional connection had I read the others as well. It was a good story focused on family, hearth and home, and is well set for Holiday reading. All in all , I found it a sweet, well written read.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review.

Patricia
C.J. Carmichael I like your style! She brought us up-to-date, quickly, on this Coffee Creek series (this is the last). I liked the characters and their story. These are people you could know, would like to know. Best of all, it's a Christmas story. You want things to work out for Winnie and Jackson. Then, it looks like Christmas might not be so joyous, after all...you just have to read, to see.
This won't be my last C.J. Carmichael book!
Bonnie
I just finished reading Big Sky Christmas by C.J. Carmichael. The fourth book in the "Coffee Creek Of Montana" Series. Three brothers and one sister stories. "Promise From A Cowboy", "Her Cowboy Dilemma" and "Remember Me, Cowboy". All were excellent books. All the books were tied together. I would recommend the series to everybody who enjoy romance books. Big Sky Christmas was a tear-jerker at times. Happy ending.
Harlequin Books
"The final of four connected Coffee Creek stories does well showing the struggle the hero has overcoming his feelings of guilt and embracing love. It's a pleasure to visit this small town one more time." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: Coffee Creek, Montana
Emma
Big Sky Christmas (Coffee Creek, Montana)
C.J. Carmichael
Holiday For Healing
Winnie Hays and Jackson Stone
Jackson Stone will always be grateful to the Lamberts, who took him in when he was just a kid. But since the accident that killed his foster brother, Brock, he stays away from the family at Coffee Creek Ranch. Especially now that Brock's former fiancée, Winnie Hays, is back in town with her little boy.

The simmering attraction between them may surprise Winnie, but Jackson fell for her at fir...more
Christine
4.5 stars.

Big Sky Christmas is fourth book in a series about the Lambert family who are ranchers and cowboys in Montana. This book focuses on Jackson who has been avoiding his family ever since the accident happened where his foster brother, Brock, was killed. Jackson feels responsible for the accident and has had a hard time dealing with it. Brock’s former fiancée, Winnie, has recently moved back to town and Jackson tries to keep his distance from her.

The characters and setting were well descri...more
Gina Hott
Hott Synopsis:
Winnie Hays has finally returned to Coffee Creek to try to get her life back in order after a series of devastating blows. Losing your fiance on your wedding day and then finding out you’re pregnant would devastate anyone but Winnie’s son is almost one and it’s time to return to life and stop hiding.
The first thing she needs to do is to introduce her son to his paternal family. Since her intended’s mother never liked her she’s sure this isn’t going to be an easy reunion but hopeful...more
Lisa
It's been a really long time since I read a romance novel with a baby on the cover. 15 years ago, they were a staple of my romance reading, but since having kids of my own it's just not as romantic as it was. Regardless, the title of this one and the Montana setting made me request a copy. (Apparently I outgrew babies but not cowboys.)

Big Sky Christmas is the fourth book in the Coffee Creek series and it really shows. Winnie has come back home after 18 months away- 18 months after her fiance was...more
Susan
Very good book with some intense emotional issues. Winnie has finally come back to Coffee Creek after the death of her fiance on their wedding day and the later birth of their son. She arrives on the day of a family wedding and is having a hard time dealing with the memories and emotions. Jackson helps her through it with his humor and understanding. Jackson knows he should stay away from Winnie. He's been in love with her for years but the guilt he feels over Brock's death is nearly overwhelmin...more
Kimberly Walter
Jackson Stone will always feel guilt over the death of his foster brother, Brock, and he keeps his distance from the Lambert family and of course Winnie Hays who he has been in love with since they met.
Winnie wants to help Jackson overcome his guilt and let go of the past, and give into their attraction.
Jackson tries his best to keep his distance but he can't resist Winnie. They start dating and it blossoms into love.
Jackson overcomes his conscience after having some much needed conversations...more
Jennifer at BookShelfery
Big Sky Christmas was such a super cute book. I really fell in like with the characters and now I want to read more about the others.

Here we have the magic formula again: Cowboys and Christmas and really, what’s not to love about that? Winnie Hays has returned to Coffee Creek after the death of her fiance, Brock. She now has a son, Brock’s son, since she had just gotten pregnant when he died during an unfortunate auto accident the night before their wedding. The driver of the vehicle? Sexy cowbo...more
Sharon (A Book Barbie)
*2.5 STARS. Full review to come.
Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Alissa
Alissa marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Nalla
Nalla marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Shada
Shada added it
Aug 26, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Ruth Hill
Ruth Hill marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Beverly A Osmonson
Beverly A Osmonson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Jun 25, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
  • A Little Bit of Holiday Magic
  • A Callahan Christmas Miracle (Callahan Cowboys, #13)
  • A Prior Engagement
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Home to the Cowboy
  • The Rake's Redemption
  • Back to the Good Fortune Diner
  • Snowbound with the Soldier
  • Christmas at Copper Mountain (Copper Mountain Christmas, #4; Taming of the Sheenans, #1)
  • The Baron's Governess Bride (Glass Slipper Brides, #2)
  • Missing Your Smile (Fields Of Home, #1)
  • The Reluctant Earl
  • His Brown-Eyed Girl
  • Cherished
  • In Plain View (Valley of Choice #2)
  • The Bride Next Door (Texas Grooms, #2)
  • 'Twas the Week Before Christmas
Rita Award nominated author C.J. Carmichael has published more than 30 books with Harlequin. Right now she's loving cowboys and Montana--those are the themes of the books she's writing for Harlequin American.

CJ likes to write stories about romance and intrigue with a strong sense of community and family. If you enjoy her Harlequin books, you might want to check out her self-published titles. The G...more
More about C.J. Carmichael...
A Daughter's Place (Family Matters Book 1) The Fourth Child Promise Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #3) Good Together (Carrigans of the Circle C) The Gift (Bandit Creek, #8)