Start by marking “After Moonrise: Possessed\Haunted” as Want to Read:
After Moonrise: Possessed\Haunted

After Moonrise: Possessed\Haunted

Join two of the biggest names in paranormal romance on a breathtaking journey to a world where ghosts live on and love never dies…

Possessed

#1 New York Times Bestselling Author P.C. Cast

Being a psychic detective who can channel only negative emotions makes Kent Raef good at catching murderers, but bad at maintaining relationships. Then Lauren Wilcox arrives with a most intr
Published October 29th 2013 by Harlequin HQN (first published October 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about After Moonrise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Moonrise

Penny
Both stories are a waste of time. You are better off not reading this book.
Carey Sabala
Nov 14, 2012 Carey Sabala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After Moonrise is basically two stories in one, sort of an anthology but with only two stories and both have characters that are from the After Moonrise detective agency, thus the title of the book. I'll review each story individually to make it easier.

*see the blurb for more descriptions on the stories*

Possessed by P.C. Cast
I really enjoyed Kent as the hero but found the twin thing a bit unsettling (as a woman) to read. It almost read like what a Male's twin fantasy would be. Kent as a characte
Jessie Potts

What it's about: After Moonrise is about a paranormal agency called After Moonrise or A.M. P.C. Cast and Gena Showalter each write a story involving the agency in some way. Cast's novella, Possessed, is about twins (one is dead and one is seeking help) and a psychic who can "sense" and track negative emotions. Haunted, by Showalter, is about an artist and a detective who both experience "blackouts" related to a serial killer.

Why you should read it: Gena Showalter is one of the authors on my must
Olimpia
Dec 31, 2012 Olimpia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished reading After Moonrise and I have to agree with some of the readers. I enjoyed Possessed, BUT REALLY loved Haunted.

In Possessed, I did like the concept of a murderer who steals souls. It was definitely interesting. This story involved twins and one who was murdered. The concept of a possession of a twin is definitely believable and interesting because of the bond and link between twins. I am unsure of how I felt about how the living twin in this story, as some readers have said, “t
Nicki Markus
Oct 20, 2012 Nicki Markus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-paranormal
I jumped at the chance to read this book as it was something a little different from my usual paranormal picks. I have read a couple of Gena Showalter books before but this was my first foray into the writing of P.C. Cast.

Possessed was an interesting story that I read in one sitting. I liked Kent's character and enjoyed the storyline, despite a few misgivings about the odd romance angle. It was a quick and easy read that really sucked me in.

Haunted took a little longer to get into, but once I fi
Marinella
Sep 14, 2013 Marinella rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
Mi aspettavo molto di più. Non solo da P.C. Cast, che non conoscevo, ma su cui avevo sentito molti pareri positivi, ma anche dalla Showalter che è godibilissima quando è in forma. Qui non lo era.
Entrambe storie confuse, poco coinvolgenti, con personaggi che si dimenticano subito. L'ambientazione di indagini, serial-killer e fantasmi non fa per me, e questo è sicuramente un limite mio, ma neanche gli altri elementi delle due storie mi hanno minimamente coinvolta. Sono riuscita a finirlo, ma con g
Sissy Lu
Nope. Mm, nope and nope. I accidentally bought this book and I thought heeeey why not, sure...I've never read any P.C. Cast and I've been meaning to give Gena Showalter another chance.

Nope, nope, nope.

Apparently I bought the audio to the book which made it worse, sometimes I find audio able to pull me in where a book doesn't. This was a lose lose situation. The audio made it seem highly lame and even more dry.

Ahhh. Just no.
Gaby
Dec 05, 2016 Gaby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Read the first story and it was alright. I think the conclusion was too abrupt. It could have been a better conclusion. The second story I couldn't get passed the beginning it was too gruesome in its suggestions. Couldn't read it.
Sandy
Nov 02, 2012 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AFTER MOONRISE --Possessed by PC Cast / Haunted by Gena Showalter

AFTER MOONRISE is an anthology (October 23, 2012 release) written by PC Cast and Gena Showalter. After Moonrise is a paranormal investigation agency and is the primary focus in both of the storylines. Norms are without any supernatural power (human) and Psys are those gifted with varying degrees of psychic ability.

POSSESSED is the first storyline written by PC Cast. At nine years of age, Kent Raef discovered he was a Psy. With his
Tash
Nov 03, 2012 Tash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

To see review at Confessions

Take two of the biggest names in the paranormal genre and you get an anthology to haunt your dreams. Gena Showalter and P.C. Cast have teamed up to give two short stories about what goes bump in the night through an agency in After Moonrise. After Moonrise is no ordinary agency and they only handle cases of a paranormal nature and they now have two juicy murders to solve.

In Possessed, Kent Raef is a detective but not the usual k
Donnelle
Jun 29, 2013 Donnelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up because I'm a huge fan of Gena Showalter and was eager to read her contribution to this book. I had never read anything by P.C. Cast prior to this, but I began with her story.

I won't go into specific plot points, as other reviewers have covered those so well. What I will say about Cast's story is that it wasn't bad; it was very short, so there wasn't all that much in the way of character or plot development, but what there was was interesting and well-written. However, the endin
Kerrie
Dec 18, 2012 Kerrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Averaged out to 3.5 stars

After Moonrise is a company that deals with hauntings, possessions, and other supernatural mysteries. Their employees are not your normal detectives. They each have special "gifts" which allows them access to the other realm. They take on cases of unsolved murders, talking to the ghosts of the victim and their loved ones, as well as helping ghosts move on to the afterlife.

Possessed is the first book in the After Moonrise novel, and is written by PC Cast.

In Possessed, Ke
Nette
Nov 08, 2012 Nette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-reviewed
I really enjoyed After Moonrise ! Possessed and Haunted offer something very different in the paranormal genre. Well for me at least...I haven't come across actual ghost stories written quite like this.

I'll start with Haunted . The depth and intricate plot was a nice surprise given it's a short story. It was layer upon layer of mystery, suspense and action. Just when I thought I had the plot figured out...I was proven wrong. AND I LOVED IT! It kept me on the edge of my seat wondering wh
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

After Moonrise includes two loosely linked short stories by bestselling paranormal romance authors, P.C. Cast and Gena Showalter.

In P.C. Cast's Possessed, Kent Raef is a Psy investigator whose particular gift allows him to track negative emotions. When Lauren Wilcox approaches Raef to help solve the murder of her twin sister, Aubrey, Raef is puzzled that he can find no trace of the killer until the sisters reveal their unusual plight. Aubrey's murderer has stolen her soul and while the twins ca
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Read more reviews like this at http://lovelybooksblog.blogspot.com!

I’ve never liked short stories, but when I saw the name Gena Showalter I just knew that I had to read this book. With interconnected characters and a centered focus on the paranormal detective agency After Moonrise these two short stories fit together very nicely. While I did like Hunted much more than I liked Possessed I really enjoyed the way the stories fit together and shared characters.

The first short story is Possessed by P
Kate
The book After Moonrise tells two stories – one each by bestselling authors PC Cast and Gena Showalter. Both stories are separate but each involves the fictional paranormal detective agency, After Moonlight.

The first book, Possessed by PC Cast, tells the story of Kent Raef – a psychic detective specialising in being able to Track violent emotions. When Lauren Wilcox knocks on his door needing his help to solve the mystery of how her twin sister Aubrey died, Raef gets drawn into a paranormal phe
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Aubrey gli faceva provare qualcosa. Per quanto ironico potesse sembrare, una ragazza defunta aveva ridato vita a un intero universo di emozioni che credeva perdute per sempre, dopo una vita trascorsa a vedersela con la morte e la distruzione."

IL LADRO DI ANIME DI P.C CAST - 3 stelle
Quest'autrice non mi ha mai colpito particolarmente e anche in questo breve racconto (poco più di 100 pagine) non fa eccezione. L'idea del legame gemellare e dell'agenzia paranormale mi è piaciuta, anche se non vien
Shaheen
Oct 16, 2012 Shaheen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: penguinaust
I was sent this by the lovely people at Harlequin Australia, and I didn’t realise it had two stories in it until I started reading it (I don’t read blurbs – they ruin the story for me). They are both centred around After Midnight, a paranormal detective agency that helps people contact the dead, solve murders and bring peace to relatives. I seem to be in the minority in that I liked the first story, Possessed, more than the second, longer story, Haunted.

In Possessed, Raef manages to have … relat
Katrina
Review-

After Moonrise is a story written by P C Cast and Gena Showalter.

After Moonrise contains two Novella length written stories.
Possessed by P.C Cast and Haunted by Gena Showalter.

Both stories were adult stories and I enjoyed them both. The two stories are entwined throughout and both with the protagonists in both stories connected.

Possessed and haunted were an easy and interesting read. With the protagonists being in both stories I found the novella’s flowed at a steady pace. Haunted is a
Claire
Oct 23, 2012 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What it's about: After Moonrise contains two short stories - Possessed and Haunted.
Possessed is about a psychic detective named Kent who sets out to find the killer of Lauren's twin sister Audrey. Audrey has the ability to appear as a ghost, but only Lauren and Kent can see her. Kent begins to have feelings for the sisters, and as the story delves deeper, it's a race to figure out how to save them both.

Haunted is about a girl named Harper who believes she has witnessed a murder, but can only rem
Kerris
Jun 24, 2013 Kerris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okej, znate takove ty knihy, kde si prectete anotaci a jste hrozne nadseni, jen aby vas potom cely dej nehorazne zklamal? Tak presne tahle kniha do te kategorie spada.

Prvni povidka od Castove, no... rekneme, ze ja jsem osoba, ktera bytostne nenavidi milostne trojuhelniky. Takze si asi umite predstavit, ze mi tenhle byl dost proti srsti. Seriously, dve segry co se deli o chlapa? Noooooo.

description

Okej, pohneme se dal. Druha povidka. Ta byla nutno rict lepsi, rozhodne propracovanejsi a mela i nejaky smysl.
Angel
Jan 06, 2013 Angel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
So far I have only read possessed, and I disliked it so much! That I had to rate it right away.1 I hated the fact that the ghost twin already had a thing for him and basically threw herself at him. Basically a whore move I don't care that she is dead. 2. I hated that he let her throw herself at him while knowing she was a ghost and hated that she acted like she could have him.3. To be honest it felt like ghost twin was betraying her sister knowing her sister liked him as well. You can clearly te ...more
Florentina
Just finished reading After Moonrise and I have to say I enjoyed Possessed but I LOVED Haunted.

In Possessed, I liked the storyline, however I didn't like the end. Which I'm not gonna mention on here because I don't want to spoil it for my fellow readers. However if I have to rate it, it would 4 stars.

While in Haunted I couldn't put the book down, it was my first time reading any book by Gena Showalter and I'm gonna say I LOVE IT!!. I loved the friendship Harper and Lana had. I also loved Levi a
Hannah
Oct 31, 2012 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book 3 stars because I only liked one story. P.C.Cast's story felt rushed, confusing and very under developed. I usually love her writing it's usually very romantic and sweet but this was just ridiculous nonsense, all smooched together onto a few pages. All the characters I found hard to like, I ended up skipping pages and yawning my way through the story. I'm glad this is not a continual series for her because she is so much better than this story.
Gena showalter's story on the other
Fedora
Jan 23, 2013 Fedora rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two paranormal stories touching on the the ghostly.

P.C. Cast's Possessed features Kent Raef, a psychic detective who is hired by Lauren Wilcox to help find her murdered twin's killer. Interestingly, she's also currently sharing her body with her twin's spirit. As Kent gets to know her and works on the case, he's finding he keeps wanting more.

Gena Showalter's Haunted is about Aurora Harper, an artist who is painting scenes so awful, she's certain it's repressed memories from a murder. She needs h
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
I had never read P. C. Cast before this book so was not sure what to expect. I very much enjoyed the twin idea & wondered how a murdered twin would communicate through the remaining twin not realizing that the concept of the two stories was based in a world where some had psychic gifts. This meant that communication was not an issue.

I liked the P. C. Cast book & will definetely look for more of her to read so I am glad to have found a new author.

I am a HUGE Gena Showalter dan & she d
Trina
Oct 25, 2012 Trina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Haunted by Gena Showalter:
Artist Aurora Harper is convinced she's witnessed a crime-a murder so brutal she's repressed the memories, only to paint the scene by the light of the moon. Now she needs her new neighbor, Detective Levi Reid, to help her track down the victim-and the killer. Levi's dealing with his own memory issues, but one thing he knows for sure: Harper is meant to be his, and nothing can take her away from him-not in this life...and not in death....

I went into this without prior kn
Alaina Shilling
This one is hard for me to write, especially as a Gena Showalter fan since almost the beginning. I wasn't able to get into this novella the same way as with most of her books. For me it dragged on and was boring compared to her other books. Due to this and not being able to get into the book I didn't even read the whole thing, I skipped to the end so I could return the book to the library! However it is entirely possible I am just in a reading funk so I will try to reread it in a few months and ...more
Ceri ( A Book Between)
After Moonrise consists of two short stories by two great authors. This combination makes After Moorise a must read for any paranormal romance fan. It would also be a great starting point for anyone new to the genre.

Possessed by P.C. Cast:

Possessed is a fast paced story, making it perfect for a quick read. Enjoyable although perhaps a little predictable, with an unusual and unique ending Possessed is easy to read. Overall a well written tale.

Haunted by Gena Showalter:

I have not read a lot of Gen
David A. Carey
This is actually two books in one by two different authors.
The two books start out as though the two authors had the same outline and were to go from there on their own.
I really liked the first "Possessed" by P.C. Cast. I really really liked it.
I did not like the second "Haunted" by Gena Showalter. I did finish it but I did not like it.
This is why I only gave the book 3 stars. "Possessed" would have gotten 5 stars but "Haunted" only 2 or 3.

I have read many of P.C. Cast's books and in fact she w
Gena Showalter Fans: After Moonrise 1 11 Nov 14, 2012 02:56AM
Paranormal Romanc...: Book signing in Oklahoma City 10/23 1 10 Oct 23, 2012 08:46AM
  • Magic at Midnight
  • Bewitched Bothered & Bevampyred
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #3.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Vacation with a Vampire: Stay / Vivi and the Vampire / Island Vacation
  • The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Vacation with a Vampire...and Other Immortals (Wings in the Night #17.5)
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
  • Darkest Caress (Empowered, #1)
  • The Wolf Prince (The Pack #13)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more
More about P.C. Cast...