Start by marking “The Christmas Wedding Quilt: Let It Snow\You Better Watch Out\Nine Ladies Dancing” as Want to Read:

A FAMILY'S GIFT

When they were young, cousins Ella, Rachel and Jo were always together at their family's lake house. As they grew up, though, they grew apart…until now, as the three must band together to grant a beloved aunt's dying wish: to finish the quilt she began as a gift for her daughter's Christmas wedding.

Let It Snow by USA TODAY bestselling author Emilie Richard
Published November 5th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Wedding Quilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Wedding Quilt

Julie Barrett
Sep 28, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
The Christmas Wedding Quilt
Love the idea of this book-not only is it about Christmas, but quilting and a wedding and the fact that there are 3 different authors.
All these factors led me to want to read/review this book.
Let It Snow by Emilie Richards
This story starts out with Jo Miller returning home from overseas and being handed a package from an aunt that had passed away.
The quilt square was for Olivia's wedding, her cousin. The letter that comes with the quilt block speaks of what she had in
Tammy
I really should have made a blanket statement about what I look for in a Christmas/Winter Holiday novel so I could C&P it at the top of every review. This book fulfilled my needs for sprawling family groups, family being reunited for happy reasons, and, of course, a happily ever after. This book gave me three happily ever afters, so that was nice.

First up was Jo who received a startling package from her dead Aunt. Her cousin is getting married and her Aunt started a wedding quilt she knew s
Paula-O
Aug 14, 2015 Paula-O rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Christmas Wedding Quilt, authors Emilie Richards-Janice Kay Johnson & Sarah Mayberry

These short stories are put together surrounding a quilt that was began by a Beloved aunt of a young woman about to be married, three cousins have chosen to add to the quilt and then all finish it together bringing the cousins together after a long time apart.
Each story is lovingly told in stories "Let It Snow", "You Better Watch Out" and "Nine Ladies Dancing", fitting each quilt piece and threaded stitch
Heidi
Dec 16, 2013 Heidi rated it liked it
Three Stars: A pleasant read that reminds you of the importance of family.

Ella, Jo and Rachel and Olivia grew up spending their summers at their family lake house with their grandmother. The four cousins whiled away the summer days soaking up sun, swimming in the lake, spying on cute boys and learning to sew and quilt. Unfortunately, time and distance caused the cousins to lose contact with one another. Now a woman's dying wish is to have the girls finish a project she started for her daughter's
Kelly
Aug 28, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is a very clever concept for a book of novellas written by different authors. The premise is that 1 of 4 cousins, Olivia, is getting married at Christmas. Her mother's health is failing but the wedding cannot be moved up as the groom, Eric, is stationed in Afghanistan. Olivia's mother had started a quilt for Olivia and Eric and has created a beautiful center panel for the quilt. She realizes she won't be able to finish the quilt in time and mails the panel plus sentimental fabrics to Jo who ...more
Susan
A FAMILY'S GIFT

Let It Snow by Emilie Richards
Searching for vintage quilting fabric, independent Jo is reunited with the man she thought she'd marry—and proves that sometimes the second time's the char
Lara
Mar 07, 2017 Lara rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2017
I'm currently on a Sarah Mayberry kick, so I only read her story in this collection. Not quite what I've come to expect and love about Mayberry's writing, but still enjoyable.
Katherine P
Nov 18, 2013 Katherine P rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-read, 2014

Let it Snow by Emilie Richards - When it comes to romance novellas one of my favorite plots is second chances. Part of it is because the characters already have a history so if they fall in love very quickly it doesn't seem far-fetched. As usual Richards didn't let me down. Brody and Jo were both likable characters trying to do what was right which had pushed their personal lives to the side. I liked the Gift of the Magi mentions and their reasons for not telling each other were motivated out of
Karen Korb
Jan 13, 2014 Karen Korb rated it liked it
My Thoughts On The Book: I love sappy stories with Christmas themes. They are my downfall especially during the holiday season. As a reviewer who comes from a long line of quilters this story just grabbed my heart.

The first story was Let It Snow by Emilie Richards - The heroine, Jo, gets a package from her Aunt who died while she was out of the country on business. The aunt includes a note that asks Jo if she will help her to help her finish her daughter's wedding quilt. She knows that she won'
Rhonda
Aug 21, 2013 Rhonda rated it liked it
3 stars
Let It Snow by Emilie Richards

It is the first story. Jo gets a package from her Aunt who died while she was out of the company on a long business trips. It asks her to help her finish her daughter's wedding quilt. She knows that she won't be around for her wedding.

Jo goes to the family cabin in Dec. She is going to search for scraps of material for her part of the quilt using the bride and groom's childhoods material.
The first person she runs into is her old fiancé who rescues her. No on
Darcy
When I started this book I only intended to read the story by Emilie Richards, but when I realized how the book was set up, I knew I would have to read them all. The premise of the book is that 3 cousins work on a quilt for another cousin getting ready to get married, the key is that the quilt was started by the mother of the girl getting the quilt. All 4 cousins were close as kids, but changes in family scattered them around the states and even the world, the quilt brings them back together. I ...more
Janet
The Christmas Wedding Quilt fulfilled all of my Christmas anthology requirements: a story thread that weaves believably through three connected, but separate, stories. The importance of family is the glue. Let It Snow by Emilie Richards is set in snowy upper New York State: a tale of reunited loves.

You Better Watch Out is set in Seattle—I have to confess, it was my favorite because the worst possible thing happened—the wedding quilt-in-progress was stolen from Ella’s car! She meets Brett, a law
Sharon Chance
Nov 24, 2013 Sharon Chance rated it it was amazing

Christmas is all about friends and family getting together, and with "The Christmas Wedding Quilt" readers get the best of both worlds - a wonderful collection of short stories about family written by three writing friends!

I have been a fan of Emilie Richards' quilting novels for many years, so I was delighted to find this book which features quilting as the focal point that brings three cousins together to work on a project for a fourth cousin. Emilie sets the tone with the intro to the stor
Allison L
Jan 04, 2014 Allison L rated it liked it
The Christmas Wedding Quilt was a sweet book. It had this almost Hallmark quality to it as it fulfilled my need for romance and happiness around the holidays. Plus, there was also a bit of family reconnection which is always nice to read about particularly around the holidays. I’m not sure what it is about families reconnecting around the holidays that always get me so emotional. In this case, there are three stories within this one book, involving three cousins who are assigned the responsibili ...more
April
I swear to God, my enjoyment of this book, The Christmas Wedding Quilt, an anthology with stories by Emilie Richards, Janice Kay Johnson, and Sarah Mayberry signals that I am becoming a young old lady. Y’all, I chose to read this book over others aimed at a younger audience. Like, I think this is aimed at old people given that it is about quilting and such. Granted, the characters are in early adulthood, but STILL. There is a nice saccharine, safe Hallmark quality to this anthology that is nice. ...more
Anna
Nov 15, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three separate stories are tied together by the completion of a quilt. Once close as girls spending time together at Hollymeade, the family lake home, cousins Jo, Ella, Rachel and Olivia have lost touch with one another. Their Aunt, Olivia's mother who has passed away, sends a quilt block to Jo to complete. Once she puts on the first border she is to send it on to Ella and Rachel to add their own borders. The quilt is for Olivia's wedding. Along the way each girl is lucky to find love. As they r ...more
Mina
Nov 24, 2013 Mina rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
This book was provided by the publisher via Netgalley. Thank you.

"The Christmas Wedding Quilt" isn't just a collection of three tales. It is exactly as the name says a quilt, three stories interwoven into one big overall Christmas wonder and very heartwearming read. The three heroines learn about family ties, relationships, how to overcome old grudges and give love a chance, no matter where it waits for them.

What I missed a bit in the second and third story were snow and an overall festive atmos
Janet
Nov 16, 2013 Janet rated it really liked it
What a great concept for an anthology. Set at the holidays, quilting and a wedding and three strong authors make this one a must read. Each story is well written and features strong engaging characters and beautifully detailed situations, as well as complete storylines. The stories interweave seamlessly, and the book is a treasure. Each of the authors fans will want this book for their collection, and I have no doubt new fans will be created.
*I received y copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for
Amy
Nov 22, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three novellas tell the story of estranged cousins who are working together to sew a Christmas quilt. Once best friends, time and circumstances has separated them and it's been years since they've last been together. When their aunt dies, she sends the oldest a portion of the quilt that she's been sewing for her daughter's wedding. She begs the cousins to each take a section and complete it for her daughter knowing this will bring the estranged friends together again. It's a feel good holiday st ...more
Lea
Nov 02, 2013 Lea rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, holiday
I love that the three stories, written by different authors, are all linked by Olivia's wedding quilt. The guys are all really nice guys, which makes them so likable. The ladies, however, have weak personalities; I found myself thinking repeated get over it already. It could be because the stories are condensed so they had to pack the difficulty into a smaller span.
Overall I liked the stories, they weren't really about the holidays necessarily but still good for December reading.
Ellen Thielen
May 12, 2014 Ellen Thielen rated it liked it
Effective tie-in from three different authors about a "round-robin" style wedding quilt started by the brides mother before her death. Three cousins who were very close as teenagers finished their portion and mailed it on to the next. Each had their own story of finding love and happiness along the way.
Ann
Aug 15, 2013 Ann rated it it was amazing
What a perfect Christmas story with 3 love stories woven together around a Christmas quilt that will be a wedding gift. 3 cousins all find love while competing a quilt started by the brides mother. The cousins decide to finish her quilt after her death. Sweet and just the perfect length for the busy Christmas season.
Mary
Jan 30, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. An unfinished quilt ties the characters together. As I was reading this book I was reminded of family bonds. Time and circumstances may find us in different places, but the family bond joins us together. This book has dying wishes, future hopes and promises of happiness and joy.
Lizz
Jan 15, 2014 Lizz rated it really liked it
3.5 really. Interesting way of writing a whole book by having 3 different authors each take a plot line. A lot of good family dynamics here. I actually got the book because of the contribution of Emilie Richards, but ended up really liking the other authors work as well.
Sarah Adamson
Aug 14, 2016 Sarah Adamson rated it liked it
Shelves: novel, romance
Three stories in one - one about each of three cousins who are living very different lives but who are working together in a round robin to make a quilt for their fourth cousin, who is about to get married.
Some nice twists, some unbelievable moments, not enough about the quilting itself for me!
Fmorlan
Feb 12, 2014 Fmorlan rated it really liked it
The Christmas wedding quilt- a trilogy of stories. It is about 3 cousins who are charged to finish a quilt that their late aunt asked them to do for her daughter. It is a story of finding yourself, becoming strong and getting over the past to help you move on. Quick read and delightful.
Stacey
Jan 09, 2014 Stacey rated it did not like it
I just didn't like this book, despite really, really wanting to. It didn't capture me, I didn't find it enjoyable, it didn't read like an Emilie Richards book. Full disclosure, I read all of Let It Snow and just a bit of You Better Watch Out before I gave up.
Ruth
Aug 25, 2013 Ruth rated it liked it
Three stories on one theme. Full review on 10/30/13 at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2013...
Jennifer Halbur
Wanted these stories to go on!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Merry and Bright
  • Operation White Christmas: An Escape to the Country Novella
  • Rocking Horse Hill
  • Three Cowboys: Virgil\Morgan\Wyatt
  • White Christmas (New Earth #1)
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • Big Sky Grooms  (Montana Mavericks: Historicals 0.5)
  • Gifts of Love
  • A Montana Mavericks Christmas
  • Snow Kissed (Woodlands, #1.5; Games, #4.5)
I'm the author of seventy-something novels, including romance, women's fiction and mystery. When We Were Sisters debuted in June 2016, a stand alone novel about two foster sisters traveling back into their past together. I loved writing it and love the cover my publisher chose.

I'm also excited about my recent series, Goddesses Anonymous, which started with One Mountain Away and was followed by So
More about Emilie Richards...