Start by marking “The Christmas Wedding Quilt: Let It Snow\You Better Watch Out\Nine Ladies Dancing” as Want to Read:

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  26 reviews
A FAMILY'S GIFT

When they were young, cousins Ella, Rachel and Jo were always together at their family's lake house. As they grew up, though, they grew apart…until now, as the three must band together to grant a beloved aunt's dying wish: to finish the quilt she began as a gift for her daughter's Christmas wedding.

Let It Snow by USA TODAY bestselling author Emilie Richard...more
Published November 5th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Wedding Quilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Wedding Quilt

Julie Barrett
The Christmas Wedding Quilt
Love the idea of this book-not only is it about Christmas, but quilting and a wedding and the fact that there are 3 different authors.
All these factors led me to want to read/review this book.
Let It Snow by Emilie Richards
This story starts out with Jo Miller returning home from overseas and being handed a package from an aunt that had passed away.
The quilt square was for Olivia's wedding, her cousin. The letter that comes with the quilt block speaks of what she had in...more
Tammy
I really should have made a blanket statement about what I look for in a Christmas/Winter Holiday novel so I could C&P it at the top of every review. This book fulfilled my needs for sprawling family groups, family being reunited for happy reasons, and, of course, a happily ever after. This book gave me three happily ever afters, so that was nice.

First up was Jo who received a startling package from her dead Aunt. Her cousin is getting married and her Aunt started a wedding quilt she knew s...more
Karen Korb
My Thoughts On The Book: I love sappy stories with Christmas themes. They are my downfall especially during the holiday season. As a reviewer who comes from a long line of quilters this story just grabbed my heart.

The first story was Let It Snow by Emilie Richards - The heroine, Jo, gets a package from her Aunt who died while she was out of the country on business. The aunt includes a note that asks Jo if she will help her to help her finish her daughter's wedding quilt. She knows that she won'...more
Sharon Chance

Christmas is all about friends and family getting together, and with "The Christmas Wedding Quilt" readers get the best of both worlds - a wonderful collection of short stories about family written by three writing friends!

I have been a fan of Emilie Richards' quilting novels for many years, so I was delighted to find this book which features quilting as the focal point that brings three cousins together to work on a project for a fourth cousin. Emilie sets the tone with the intro to the stor...more
Kelly
This is a very clever concept for a book of novellas written by different authors. The premise is that 1 of 4 cousins, Olivia, is getting married at Christmas. Her mother's health is failing but the wedding cannot be moved up as the groom, Eric, is stationed in Afghanistan. Olivia's mother had started a quilt for Olivia and Eric and has created a beautiful center panel for the quilt. She realizes she won't be able to finish the quilt in time and mails the panel plus sentimental fabrics to Jo who...more
Rhonda
3 stars
Let It Snow by Emilie Richards

It is the first story. Jo gets a package from her Aunt who died while she was out of the company on a long business trips. It asks her to help her finish her daughter's wedding quilt. She knows that she won't be around for her wedding.

Jo goes to the family cabin in Dec. She is going to search for scraps of material for her part of the quilt using the bride and groom's childhoods material.
The first person she runs into is her old fiancé who rescues her. No on...more
Darcy
When I started this book I only intended to read the story by Emilie Richards, but when I realized how the book was set up, I knew I would have to read them all. The premise of the book is that 3 cousins work on a quilt for another cousin getting ready to get married, the key is that the quilt was started by the mother of the girl getting the quilt. All 4 cousins were close as kids, but changes in family scattered them around the states and even the world, the quilt brings them back together. I...more
Heidi
Three Stars: A pleasant read that reminds you of the importance of family.

Ella, Jo and Rachel and Olivia grew up spending their summers at their family lake house with their grandmother. The four cousins whiled away the summer days soaking up sun, swimming in the lake, spying on cute boys and learning to sew and quilt. Unfortunately, time and distance caused the cousins to lose contact with one another. Now a woman's dying wish is to have the girls finish a project she started for her daughter's...more
Susan
A FAMILY'S GIFT

Let It Snow by Emilie Richards
Searching for vintage quilting fabric, independent Jo is reunited with the man she thought she'd marry—and proves that sometimes the second time's the char...more
Allison L
The Christmas Wedding Quilt was a sweet book. It had this almost Hallmark quality to it as it fulfilled my need for romance and happiness around the holidays. Plus, there was also a bit of family reconnection which is always nice to read about particularly around the holidays. I’m not sure what it is about families reconnecting around the holidays that always get me so emotional. In this case, there are three stories within this one book, involving three cousins who are assigned the responsibili...more
Ellen Thielen
Effective tie-in from three different authors about a "round-robin" style wedding quilt started by the brides mother before her death. Three cousins who were very close as teenagers finished their portion and mailed it on to the next. Each had their own story of finding love and happiness along the way.
Fmorlan
The Christmas wedding quilt- a trilogy of stories. It is about 3 cousins who are charged to finish a quilt that their late aunt asked them to do for her daughter. It is a story of finding yourself, becoming strong and getting over the past to help you move on. Quick read and delightful.
April
I swear to God, my enjoyment of this book, The Christmas Wedding Quilt, an anthology with stories by Emilie Richards, Janice Kay Johnson, and Sarah Mayberry signals that I am becoming a young old lady. Y’all, I chose to read this book over others aimed at a younger audience. Like, I think this is aimed at old people given that it is about quilting and such. Granted, the characters are in early adulthood, but STILL. There is a nice saccharine, safe Hallmark quality to this anthology that is nice....more
Anna
Three separate stories are tied together by the completion of a quilt. Once close as girls spending time together at Hollymeade, the family lake home, cousins Jo, Ella, Rachel and Olivia have lost touch with one another. Their Aunt, Olivia's mother who has passed away, sends a quilt block to Jo to complete. Once she puts on the first border she is to send it on to Ella and Rachel to add their own borders. The quilt is for Olivia's wedding. Along the way each girl is lucky to find love. As they r...more
Allison
The stories were fine, but I liked the first one best.
Lizz
3.5 really. Interesting way of writing a whole book by having 3 different authors each take a plot line. A lot of good family dynamics here. I actually got the book because of the contribution of Emilie Richards, but ended up really liking the other authors work as well.
Barratt
Feb 12, 2014 Barratt added it
Shelves: 2014, romance
Read Nine Ladies Dancing on 2/9/14.
Janet
What a great concept for an anthology. Set at the holidays, quilting and a wedding and three strong authors make this one a must read. Each story is well written and features strong engaging characters and beautifully detailed situations, as well as complete storylines. The stories interweave seamlessly, and the book is a treasure. Each of the authors fans will want this book for their collection, and I have no doubt new fans will be created.
*I received y copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for...more
Mom24
I just didn't like this book, despite really, really wanting to. It didn't capture me, I didn't find it enjoyable, it didn't read like an Emilie Richards book. Full disclosure, I read all of Let It Snow and just a bit of You Better Watch Out before I gave up.
Verodarling Melani
Nice, a little sappy and sweet, these kind of stories need a certain mood.
Ann
What a perfect Christmas story with 3 love stories woven together around a Christmas quilt that will be a wedding gift. 3 cousins all find love while competing a quilt started by the brides mother. The cousins decide to finish her quilt after her death. Sweet and just the perfect length for the busy Christmas season.
Ladyacct
Three distinct stories by three different authors (which I bought because Sarah Mayberry is a favorite). It is one story, but three also, and it was VERY nicely done. Kudos.
Ruth
Three stories on one theme. Full review on 10/30/13 at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2013...
Elli
The rating is for Sarah Mayberry's "Nine Ladies Dancing" - I wanted it to be longer, though.
Janga
Review will be posted next month at Just Janga.
Kelly Mavraidis
Kelly Mavraidis marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Judy Alamo
Judy Alamo marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Kim Nordli
Kim Nordli marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Patricia A
Patricia A marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I'm the author of seventy-something novels, both women's fiction and mystery. I'm excited about my newest series, Goddesses Anonymous, which started with One Mountain Away and was followed last year by Somewhere Between Luck and Trust. The third book in the series, A River Too Wide, came out in July. The Color of Light debuts in August 2015.

Last year my husband and I moved from Arlington, Virginia...more
More about Emilie Richards...
Wedding Ring (Shenandoah Album) Happiness Key (Happiness Key Series, #1) Lover's Knot Sister's Choice Iron Lace