Start by marking “Marriage Made of Secrets” as Want to Read:
Marriage Made of Secrets

Marriage Made of Secrets

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  19 reviews
After the confetti settles…

It takes an earthquake for billionaire businessman Cesare di Goia to realize what's important in life. His wife may have become a stranger, but he's determined to keep his young daughter close.

Returning to the luxurious Lake Como palazzo with her daughter, Ava di Goia feels like an outsider in what was once their home. Although the bond between
Published September 17th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Marriage Made of Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marriage Made of Secrets

Dalia
Not one of MB's best books. No question here about the writing style, it is superb. MB is a great storyteller. My problem is the story itself. Ava is a strong and capable h. But I didn't like the H. Cesare kept lots of secrets from his wife, shut off emotionally blowing hot and cold. And his "be cruel to be kind " attitude grated on my nerves for most of the book. His declaration of love is emotional and granted him Ava's forgiveness but for me it is too little too late.
Jenny
Heroine and hero got married due to an unplanned pregnancy without really knowing each other. Hero is a workaholic and he keeps secrets from his wife. Their marriage is strained and hero distances himself from her and their daughter. Seems like divorce is inevitable but a summer reunion reignites their great passion and this time neither is ready to walk away.

I'm impressed with this book. The writing was excellent and the passion between H/h scorching HOT! Heroine was super feisty and I hate fe
Susanna Carr
Sep 29, 2013 Susanna Carr added it
Shelves: presents

Ava has always dreamed of nurturing a family she could call her own. When she had become pregnant, Cesare had immediately proposed. She thought having a family was also his dream, but she was wrong. Should she stop pursuing this dream or should she divorce Cesare?

MARRIAGE MADE OF SECRETS is an intense and passionate read! I adored the characters. Cesare is a man of many secrets, but he keeps them to protect those he loves. And Ava doesn’t back down. When she gets pushed, she pushes back!
TashNz
Dec 18, 2013 TashNz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: second chance fans
Maya Blake has such an incredible way of writing her stories. The details, the story flow, the expressions, the angst, the emotion, being swept away to some other land, Maya Blake does it all for me!

Marriage Made of Secrets is another 6 out of 5 for me! I’m a huge fan of second chance stories and I thought Cesare was brilliantly written as he coldly distanced himself from Ava over the course of the story. Ava is a lil gem and gives her marriage many shots as best as she can.

The story opens with
Susan (susayq ~)
This got 4 stars for the sole reason of bringing out such intense anger in me. I could not stand the hero, Cesare. He was mean and hid things from Ava. All Ava wanted was his love and for them to be a family with their daughter. Cesare didn't think he was family material (you find out why in the book). When he finally decided to try to be what Ava wanted and needed, he still kept secrets. I wanted to go through the pages and shake Ava until what little brains she had fell out. I really didn't wa ...more
Kaycee Sapinoso
Marriage Made of Secrets was the second book I've read by the author. Although it's not great as the first one, I still very much enjoyed it. I've become so emotionally invested in the book. I was so caught up with the hero and heroine's story. I was completely sucked in... felt every emotion..

Ava di Goia’s marriage was on the verge of collapse when the earthquake that almost claimed the life of her precious daughter happened. And she became suspicious when her estranged husband Cesare di Goia w
Danielle
Rgreader
Did not finish Marriage Made of Secrets. While the prose was good the story wasn't compelling. The heroine grated. At one point she was harping at the hero. I need to like a heroine and I didn't like this heroine. To me she was hardened, kind of cold and b itchy. This was in the first 3 chapters.
I do like marriage in trouble romances unfortunately the combo of an unlikable heroine and a story which failed to capture my interest lead to a book that I DNF.
Ipshita Ranjana
In Marriage Made of Secrets by Maya Blake, billionaire Cesare di Goia marriage is on the rocks and it takes an earthquake to make him see the importance of his much neglected daughter. While his wife may be acting distant, he is determined to undo the mistakes he made with his daughter and keep her close.Read More
Shen
Wow! This was a big fat "MEH!"

Cesare is awful to his wife. He tells her awful things like the shouldn't have gotten married and he only married her because she was preggers. Ok if my hubby treated me that way, I'd be gone with a big fat "screw you butthead"!

But Ava stayed. Tried to work it out cause she wants a family. Your husband kept secrets from you that could affect the health, even the life of your child under the guise of protecting you and you try to justify it?! Noooope! I am not that u
Candy
The hero and heroine drove me insane. I felt the ending was anticlimactic. It could've been more. I don't know. This one left me feeling off. Unlike my usual Harlequin presents reads.
Tia
I didn't find the novel all that great, in fact in some ways it was quite pathetic. She should of divorced his dumb ass and been done with it.
Vashti
Was in the mood for an angsty read and this book delivered.My first read by this author.
RomReader
REVIEW: Marriage Made of Secrets by Maya Blake Documentary photographer is finally giving up on her remote 5-year marriage to busy Italian businessman Hero. Her last failed attempt to revive their marriage and almost losing their young daughter solidifies her plans to put an end to their marriage. In the meantime, Hero has now resolved to spend more time with their daughter due to almost losing her and frees up 6 weeks of his work schedule. Their rare time together gave heroine the opportunity t ...more
Ker
A pesar de que C. es insufrible, la historia es muy buena y... se puede decir... distinta. Por lo general los protagonistas sulen ser pedantes y arrogantes, pero este daban ganas de matarlo.
♥~♥Geri ~ the HEA junkie ♥~♥
Super angsty Harlequin that reminded me a little bit of the Unwanted Wife. :)
Kesha
The only likable character in this book was Annabelle, the hero and heroine's daughter. The hero and heroine both got on my nerves with their antics.
Harlequin Books
"Blake's second-chance romance has stunning vistas and a cunning mix of mystery and romance that keeps pages turning." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars
Ana
too much drama for me in this book.
Diana Kahwagi
Diana Kahwagi marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
md
md added it
Nov 19, 2014
Priyanka
Priyanka marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Oct 29, 2014
Advaitha
Advaitha marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Racheal Robinson
Racheal Robinson marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
☆~Stephanie ~☆
☆~Stephanie ~☆ marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Price Of Success The Sinful Art of Revenge Blaze (A Minxes of Romance anthology) What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1) What the Greek Can't Resist (The Untamable Greeks, #2)