Start by marking “The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)

The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos #1)

"You threw your fifty-thousand-dollar engagement ring off the Brooklyn Bridge?"

Lilly shows up to her lavish divorce party with one goal in mind—to leave as quickly as possible minus a husband! Except he has other plans…and Riccardo De Campo isn't easy to say "no" to.

Forced back into Riccardo's glittering, gossip-fueled world, the price of perfection is still too high and
Published September 17th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Divorce Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Divorce Party

Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySkanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads
So this was just not my Harlequin bag.

The H?

I actually liked him a little bit...

...except for that whole kissing-another-woman-with-the-INTENT-to-sleep-with-her thing.

description

To, you know, PROVE to himself that the h didn't "control" him.

And because he was pouting at her "cold shoulder" instead of actually, I don't know, COMMUNICATING.

description

Now he doesn't actually go THROUGH with it, mind you...

...because he realizes he can't do that to the h...

But still.

Now, des
Jenny
I don't know what's wrong with these new Harlequin authors. This book has another cheating heroine and that's disgusting as far as I'm concerned.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Did I find it hard to even finish this book!!! Look, it’s not exactly awful….in fact for a debut novel it’s not that bad!!! It’s just that the whole plot and main characters were just a bit tooooo ridiculous for me!!!

So here we have Lilly Anderson, is a poor and lovely looking heroine who falls in love and marries the gorgeous and sexy and ultra zillionaire Ricardo de Campo. She feels insecure, thinks she doesn’t measure up to his lofty standards and leaves him…and oh yes, she also thinks he sle
Nas Dean
Jul 28, 2013 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing
THE DIVORCE PARTY is an astounding romance from a debut author. It is a well-written tale that sparkles with emotion. Jennifer Hayward introduced us to this alluring but tortured hot hero, whom we fell in love with and a strong heroine, who wouldn’t take less than her due. A must for all lovers of romance.
Desere
Jul 24, 2013 Desere rated it it was amazing

Falling in love with that one special person that makes you feel secure, special and like the most beautiful woman in the world is something that yes happens to most of us but it does not always last and when the feeling fades what are you left with?

Emptiness that can drive you to the lowest point of your life with no way of getting back up, and you find yourself fighting to keep your head above water all the while knowing that the only thing that can save you is the one thing you cannot have. F
Lynn
Oct 14, 2013 Lynn rated it liked it
Shelves: cheater, angst, pregnant
Author did a wonderful job, the angst, the story, the history, I only had one complaint....

The book would have gotten a higher star rating as I did like it, but I had serious issues with the hero

SPOILERS (maybe)

goes to another womans apartment, kisses and fools around with her while having marital problems with the intent to sleep with her, but can't follow thru with it and yet does not think he "cheated" sorry big boy... you doing anything in a sexual manner is cheating (the whole love honor a
Nancy Crocker
Jul 25, 2013 Nancy Crocker rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Nancy Crocker

It was very hard to believe that this is a debut novel by Jennifer. I can see why she was the winner of Harlequin's 2012 So You Think You Can Write competition.

Lilly De Campo did not walk away from her marriage to Riccardo because she stopped loving him, she walked away to save herself. Constantly being judged by high society and scandal was taking a toll on her, so she did the only thing she knew to do … Leave.

Riccardo De Campo admits he was wrong, but he never stopped
Sasha
Aug 28, 2013 Sasha rated it it was amazing
Wow. Debut author JENNIFER HAYWARD proves why her submission was chosen as the winner of Harlequin’s 2012 So You Think You Can Write (SYTYCW) competition

Once I started reading THE DIVORCE PARTY, I simply could not put it down. Literally. I read this book in one day and was dying to read another by Ms Hayward.

Thank God she’s planning to write sequels about relatives of the hero and heroine

Ok. What has me so excited you ask? Everything.

***SPOILERS***

There’s the journey of two soul mates who wer
Melanie♥
This one missed the mark for me. I definitely did not like the fact that the heroine was with someone else while separated but still married to the hero. In a bit of a turn-around, the hero remained faithful to her. Other than asking the h is she was sure he was the father of her baby, the subject of her boyfriend was completely ignored.
Sandra
May 15, 2014 Sandra rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable "reunited lovers" romance! I really liked the New York City setting. I'm looking forward to reading Gabe and Matteo's stories!
Fiona Marsden
Sep 23, 2013 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
4.5 stars When I read the first chapter of this book as part of the SYTYCW2012 competition, I knew straight away it was a winner. It had everything. When I read the entire book I was thrilled that it met my expectations. The minor changes made between competition and publication were well done and polished it off nicely.

We start at a glittering event in New York City (tick glamour) with Lilly attending her divorce party. Riccardo (tick hot hero) has said if she wants her divorce, she has to come
Victoria Parker
May 06, 2013 Victoria Parker rated it it was amazing
Hayward's first outing is an absolute must-read where she takes a much-loved yet often-used trope and twists it brilliantly with unique characters and a 'Divorce Party' opening that knocks your socks off!

Punchy writing and awesome dialogue brings the characters alive until they leap from the page and then Lilly and Riccardo take you on an emotional roller coaster with such intense highs and lows, one moment you laugh out loud and in the next, your throat is thick and your heart aches for them.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Jul 28, 2013 ♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡ rated it really liked it
Great Debut for a new author!

The descriptions in regards to the couples feelings & stresses was great! I felt the stress & anguish over the lack of communication this couple had, causing a separation leading to a divorce party.

I wished there was more to the story. More could have been embellished. I think I expected more because I felt the stress so much, I wished the storyline was thicker & explained a whole lot more. It ended too soon for me, although, there was an epilogue that s
Janet
Like the subtitle suggests (The Delicious De Campos), tales like these are all too delicious. It’s fun to focus on two passionate people sometimes. A divorce party sounds pretty tempting—a big ole send off to a marriage that never quite worked. What could go wrong? How about if the errant spouse shows up and argues for just a little more time?

There were some passages that were just irresistible like Lilly getting decked out for her divorce party.

"Lily did her best to ignore all the rail-thin wo
Aly is so frigging bored
Sep 14, 2013 Aly is so frigging bored rated it really liked it
So much drama llama! I loved it :D
3.5*
Vee Paige
Sep 16, 2013 Vee Paige rated it really liked it
There seems to be a theme going on right now of the billionaire and their estranged-not-quite-divorced wife and it's just the type of read I needed and was looking for. It has the perfect formula of uber-alpha male, bossy and possessive—Riccardo and a woman who is trying to find herself—Lilly, who used to be a small town girl thrown into the limelight of the rich and famous. I liked that Lilly had seemed to gain some backbone in the year that she was separated from her husband. She wanted a divo ...more
Aemelia
Aug 27, 2013 Aemelia rated it liked it
THE DIVORCE PARTY's storyline and writing wasn't bad and I'm a complete sucker for the over-the-top Harlequin Presents plots that I can fit into a quick evening read. Unfortunately though, I found it incredibly hard to like Lilly and Riccardo, these are two of the most selfish characters that I've ever read. I guess in that aspect they are perfect for each other.

The idea of THE DIVORCE PARTY had a lot of merit--I could see this being a good twist of a theme that has been tackled before--and I us
Sheryl
A BRILLIANT DEBUT Jennifer Hayward!!! Cannot wait to read more from you AND more of the TOTALLY YUMMY De Campo brothers!!!
TashNz
Apr 10, 2015 TashNz rated it it was amazing
I'm literally choking at the incredible and beautiful, sensational and most amazingly intense and emotional story I have read in a long time! I'm so swept up in the story of Lilly and Riccardo that I was crying on the inside. I absolutely loved the intensiveness, the emotional upheaval both experienced and I loved the passion they both had for each other as they both fought for their marriage in their own way.

A truly unique beginning to the story - Lilly arriving at her own divorce party with h
Sep 17, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
The author won a competion and her prize was a publishing deal. This is her debut novel. It has all the elements of a predictable mills and boon story.

Lilly left her handsome husband Riccardo De Campo a year ago after two years of marriage. Lilly has not made herself available to Riccardo to discuss their marriage so he arranges a 'Divorce Party' where he says he will sign the divorce papers. However, Riccardo has other plans and doesn't want to give up on his marriage. He asks Lilly to stay mar
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
I have been curious about this book for some time now. The mixed reviews didn’t help and only made me curiouser. Having read it, I think it was a good story, well written but floundered somewhat because of the h’s characterization especially as you lose patience with her towards the end.

While his cheating issue is cleared up and turns he dint go beyond kissing, her supposed reactive infidelity is never mentioned properly, just alluded to. So one can read whatever into it, whether she slept with
shms
I read this cuase it was recommended on one of the amazon threads as being a decent read but it's not my cup of tea. The h no way endeared herself to me, I just found her a complete hypocrite.

She left the H becuase she couldn't handle it, and hey the thought of the H with another woman devastated her but she was happy to hook up with someone else while seperated. Not divorced..seperated.

It just left a bad taste in my mouth. I wasn't a fan of the H and while he was a cheater, by intent if not de
Alexandra
Jan 01, 2015 Alexandra rated it liked it
This story is about second chances. Lilly and Antonio are heading for divorce. Antonio insists on a divorce party, then he will give Lilly the divorce she wants. Antonio doesn't want a divorce so he makes up a story that his father says they must reconcile in order for Richardo to take over the De Campo business.
Lilly is highly insecure in a world that demands perfection. Believing her husband demands the same perfection.
A recurring theme in this book is that both parties are hiding a lot. And o
Rgreader
Heroine cheats with other man while married. I admit I did not even read it because it is a deal breaker. If this book was not a part of my HP subscription I would never have bought it.
Epic fail harlequin. I don't read your line for reality. And the title of this book had me thinking it was chick lit...which I don't read.
Sadly tossing the Divorce Party in the trash. A heroine who cheats while married is a not what I seek out in HPs.
Adensanti
Jul 07, 2015 Adensanti rated it really liked it
i like this book. i like the character, i like the heroine and the author did a very GREAT JOB at building the problem based on what's a wife's wants in a husband, what she need, what a husband should paid attention to his own wife and not only took evrything for granted. it's not disgusting, and dont judge solely by several reviews that saying this book is bad bcoz the so called heroine is "cheating". well, bad news for ya readers, i dont find her cheating first, her husband did it first, with ...more
Kaycee ❤️
Wow! I can't believe that this was a debut book. It's so polished and beautifully written. I was hooked from page one up to the last. I couldn't put the book down that I actually read it in just one sitting. I won't go onto so much details about the plot because some of the great reviews here in GR already summed it up nicely. And I will try my best to keep the spoilers to a minimum.

As the blurb said, Lily was on her way to the lavish divorce party with one goal in mind - to leave as quickly as
Tory Michaels
Jul 14, 2013 Tory Michaels rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I can see why this book won Harlequins now-annual So You Think You Can Write contest in 2012. It’s a great, quick read (typical of HP novels), but it had some depth to it that surprised me.

I have to say, I love Lilly. I mean, c’mon. Pissed off as she left Riccardo, she tossed her engagement ring off the Brooklyn Bridge. That’s just awesome, IMO. She had some emotional scars and apparently was still trying to recover from an eating disorder. That’s a topic not often covered in a category romance.
Brooke
Nov 06, 2013 Brooke rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley, harlequin
Jennifer Hayward has a wonderful debut for Harlequin Presents and proves why her entry was chosen in the SYTYCW contest.

Lily and Riccardo have been separated for a year when he throws a 'Divorce Party' where he says he will sign the divorce papers he has previously refused to do. Except Riccardo has another idea and doesn't want to give up on his marriage. He offers Lilly a deal to stay married to him for another six months so his father will offer him the position of CEO in the family business
Diah Didi
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILER.
My very first of Jennifer Hayward, and it's her debut also.
And I must say it's no wonder she won the So-You-Think-You-Can-Write competition.

The story was full of intense emotions from both characters. I really really loved the theme. At first I really hope that the whole cheating with Chelsea Tate was only an issue, a misunderstanding. But DAMN! It turned out that he DID cheating on her, no matter how hard he said he didn't cheat on her. For GOD's sake, man. You kiss
Amaryllis Turman
Jul 23, 2013 Amaryllis Turman rated it really liked it
Lilly wants a divorce. Riccardo is of the opinion that they are married and should just work out whatever problems they have. He has the right idea but with all the tact of a bull in a china shop. Needless to say, Lilly does not take too well to being railroaded.

I thought another name for this book could have been: Billionaire Romance - The rest of the story.

----> full review is posted on my blog Musings of An Opinionated Woman http://wp.me/p1P7gt-d8

I loved The Divorce Party because it valid
  • The Consequences of That Night (At His Service, #6)
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • The Greek's Marriage Bargain
  • The Baby Deal (Billionaires and Babies, #36)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • What a Sicilian Husband Wants
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • Return of the Moralis Wife
  • Back in Her Husband's Bed
  • 10 Ways to Handle the Best Man
  • A Baby Between Friends (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #2)
  • Lying in Your Arms
  • When Falcone's World Stops Turning (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • Seducing His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #3)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
Award-winning author JENNIFER HAYWARD has been a fan of romance since filching her sister's novels to escape her teenaged angst.

Jennifer's career in journalism and PR, including years of working alongside powerful, charismatic CEOs and traveling the world, has provided perfect fodder for the fast-paced, sexy stories she likes to write, always with a touch of humour.

Jennifer emerged on the publish
More about Jennifer Hayward...

The Delicious De Campos (3 books)
  • An Exquisite Challenge (The Delicious De Campos, #2)
  • The Truth About De Campo (The Delicious De Campos, #3)