Start by marking “Milayna (Milayna, #1)” as Want to Read:
Milayna (Milayna, #1)

Milayna (Milayna #1)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  13 reviews
From the bestselling author of PODs comes an unforgettable tale of action, intrigue, and following your heart in the midst of betrayal.

It’s hard being good all the time. Everyone needs to be bad once in a while. But for seventeen-year-old Milayna, being good isn’t a choice. It’s a job requirement. And it’s a job she can’t quit. Born a demi-angel, Milayna steps in when dang
Paperback, First, 287 pages
Published March 17th 2015 by Clean Teen Publishing (first published December 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Milayna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Milayna

The One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiA Shard of Ice by Alivia AndersCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Beautiful Book Covers of 2014
56th out of 240 books — 489 voters
YA Novels of 2014
391st out of 1,520 books — 8,442 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle Pickett
Sep 01, 2014 Michelle Pickett rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
If you like a strong heroine, some action, a little deception, and some romance thrown in..."Milayna" is the book for you.
Lexie
I'm not in a position to write a long review so here's the hit list:
+ Milayna admits her imperfections and while she's kinda bad at listening to good advice, she at least cleans up her own messes.
+ There's no love triangle! a shade of instalove...but I'll forgive that since her life was one long roller coaster of suck for 6 weeks. That tends to make feelings grow quick.
+ I guarantee if you liked the Concillium (spelled that so wrong) series you'll enjoy this.
+ Parents who do parental things! act
Sherry Ficklin
This is one of those books that is so good, so full of twists and turns, that you find yourself unable to sleep because you HAVE to keep reading it. I LOVED her other book PODs so I was worried that this one might not be as good. Silly me, I should have known better. The characters grab you from page one and drag you along. I literally caught myself holding my breath.

And I will also say that I know the author personally (We've met twice and I think she is super nice IRL) but that in no way bias
Meradeth Houston
I've been looking forward to this one for ages because I love Michelle's work! This was a seriously fun read, and I loved the world and characters that populate it. Milyana is hilarious and strong willed, and I loved her for those things. She goes through some serious craziness throughout the book, but handles it well. And then there's Chay. Michelle has a way of creating book boyfriends that you really, really wish would walk out of the pages (and maybe be a decade or so older.... ;). But, yeah ...more
Wendy C
Milayna by Michelle K. Pickett

Milayna by Michelle K. Pickett is a story about a girl named Milayna, who finds out that she is a demiangel. Milayna is upset with her parents that they did not tell her that she was a demiangel and that her father was a high ranking angel. Milayna also finds out that a lot of the people she goes to school with are also demiangels.

Milayna's parents tell her that until she turns 18, she is open to attack from the demon Azazel, who wants to absorb her powers. Chay,
Kristy Hamilton
I received a copy of Milayna for an honest review....
Before I read the book, I really didn't know what it was going to be about. I wanted to read it because of the cover and because I really enjoyed Unspeakable. I thought it was just going to be another YA love story...
Milayna is not another YA love story.
Milayna is almost 18 years old. She is in her last year of high school and just enjoying her life. But she knows something different is happening to her and it scares her.
Milayna is seeing thin
Avid Reader Amy's Reviews
Milayna is one of those books that captures your attention from the beginning. It has action, romance, angels and demons. Everything you can ask for when reading a paranormal book. The writer does a fantastic job at creating a world that draws you in and keeps you on your toes till the very end.
Milayna is a character that you want to be your best friend. She is badass and down to earth. She also fights her destiny because all she wants to do is be "normal". I think a lot of readers can connect
Laura Barcenas
Milayna is about to turn 18 very soon. Usually a teenager would be excited but not Milayna. She recently started to experience strange visions. They made her dizzy and sick to her stomach. The visions varied but it was always someone who was in danger and she tried to help the stranger out of the danger that awaited them. Looking for an explanation she visits her grandma. Her grandma reveals that Milayna is a demi-angel. Her dad is an angel and her mom is a human. She also explains that there ar ...more
lauren.
Spoilers may be ahead. Read at your own risk.

Positives
- Milayna was actually a decently likable character. She was believable. She wasn't "too mature," or "too immature," or a total misfit like all other YA characters. And she HAD a brain that she used (a believable amount of the time, for a teen). THANK YOU, MICHELLE K. PICKETT!

-I actually liked how her relationship with Chay grew. Yes, there was a small amount of instalove, but I felt Pickett made up for it with date scenes and trying to deve
CrazyBookworm99
Ok, so it started off kind of cliché when Milayna was being told that she was a demi-angel. But then a couple of chapters later I realised how captivating the writing was, how twisted the plot was and came to the conclusion that my first impressions were completely wrong.

Milayna comes of full power at the exact time of her 18th 'birth minute'. Until then, she is fair game for Azezel to turn into one of his hellish minions. With the help of the group of demi-angels secretly at her school (all ar
Holly Minari
Sep 20, 2014 Holly Minari marked it as to-read
Aww, I liked the old cover better. Even if the girl was made up like a clown
Holly
loved every second of this book! Can't wait to read the next one!
Breana Vachon
Jan 23, 2015 Breana Vachon rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teens, young adults
Milayna is one of those books that you start and don't put down until it's done. It's full of twists and turns and countless breathtaking moments. A story of a brave heroine who's story will leave you wanting more and hanging off the edge. Milayna is one of my favorite stories, and I'd like to thank Michelle for allowing me this amazing Beta read experience. Read Milayna!
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Lori Ragus-spallina
Lori Ragus-spallina is currently reading it
Aug 30, 2015
Daniel Cooper
Daniel Cooper marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Alison Graf
Alison Graf is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2015
Elsa Carrion
Elsa Carrion marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Pati Cain
Pati Cain marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Ichi
Ichi marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Gina gamill
Gina gamill marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Selena
Selena marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
  • Act of Defiance (Defiance Gray, #1)
  • Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1)
  • Soul Crossed (Of Demons and Angels #1)
  • Losing Logan (Losing Logan, #1)
  • Gathering Tinder (Kindling Flames, #1)
  • Darksoul (Silver Shadows, #1)
  • Forest of Whispers (Forest of Whispers, #1)
  • The Vault (The Farm, #3)
  • Mean Boys: Part One
  • The Awakener (The Watchers of Men, #1)
  • Shimmer (The Rephaim, #3)
  • The Monster Within (The Monster Within #1)
  • Demon's Fall
  • Preordained (Preordained, #1)
  • Into the Fire (Birth of the Phoenix #1)
  • Ending ELE (ELE, #5)
  • Fearless (Avena, #3)
  • Blood Alley (The Highwayman #1)
I can’t write without a hoodie. Yeah, I live it Texas. We all have our quirks.

I majored in accounting in college. I was required to declare a major, but I had no clue what I wanted to do, so I picked accounting because it was the first thing listed in the booklet the counselor gave me. Surprisingly, I graduated with a 4.0 GPA. Go figure.

Forget coffee. Hand over the Red Bull or Monster Khaos and no
More about Michelle K. Pickett...

Milayna (3 books)
  • Milayna's Angel (Milayna, #2)
  • The Innocent (Milayna, #3)
PODs (PODs, #1) Unspeakable (Freedom, #1) Concilium (Concilium, #1) Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5) Concilium: The Departure (Concilium, #2)

“He looked like the devil. His skin ruddy, his eyes a glowing yellow. Jet black hair slicked back on his head hung to his shoulders. But the demons didn’t call him Devil, or Satan, or even Lucifer. They called him…

Azazel.”
4 likes
“The visions scared me. And I was scared to tell anyone about them. I didn’t want them to think I was a freak. Maybe I was. That scared me, too.” 1 likes