American Heart Association The Go Red For Women Cookbook: Cook Your Way to a Heart-Healthy Weight and Good Nutrition

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A HEALTH COOKBOOK FOR WOMEN BY WOMEN
The American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women social initiative has inspired hundreds of thousands of women to eat nutritiously, exercise regularly, and maintain a healthy weight. Now the iconic "red dress" can be your kitchen companion all year long, with 200 recipes to help you take charge of your health.

By cooking wholesome meals...more
Published December 31st 2013 by Clarkson Potter

Robin Loveman
This might be my favorite of the AHA cookbooks. The recipes were healthy and easy to follow, and I've enjoyed everything I've tried so far (Tuscan White Bean and Garlic Spread, although I didn't make the accompanying Pita Wedges; Quinoa and Asian Pear Salad, which I liked so much that I've made it several times since and even brought it to my book club; Portobello Ragout with Sun-Dried Tomato Polenta; Italian Spaghetti Squash, which was so filling that I didn't miss the pasta; Confetti Rice Pila...more
Kristen
A lot of the recipes I tried were very bland which is a shame bc healthy doesn't have to be bland. I found myself adding things to try to make the food tastier. The grilled sweet chile pork was yummy and I saved that recipe for future use!
Linda Harkins
I really can't say that this cookbook has enlightened me. It contains too many recipes that include meat. A plant-based diet it the most healthy for one's heart.
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Natalie
Natalie is currently reading it
Jul 10, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Jennie
Jennie is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Tracie
Tracie marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
ACLS Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual: Professional The New American Heart Association Cookbook American Heart Association Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook: 200 Low-Fuss, Good-for-You Recipes American Heart Association Healthy Family Meals: 150 Recipes Everyone Will Love Pediatric Advanced Life Support Course Guide