Start by marking “The Bad Book” as Want to Read:
The Bad Book

The Bad Book

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  477 ratings  ·  33 reviews
WARNING! This book contains nothing but bad stories, bad illustrations, bad poems, bad cartoons and bad riddles about bad characters doing bad things. It is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very bad book.BAD JACK HORNER

Bad Jack Horner
Sat in a corner
Pulling the wings off a fly.
He swore at his mum
Kicked his dad in the bum,
And said 'Oh, what a bad boy
172 pages
Published September 1st 2004 by Pan Macmillan Australia Pty Limited (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Bad Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bad Book

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleEclipse by Stephenie MeyerThe Bad Book by Andy GriffithsThe BFG by Roald DahlGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
3rd out of 62 books — 10 voters
The Ruins of Gorlan by John FlanaganJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëThe Ruins of Gorlan / The Burning Bridge / The Icebound Land by John FlanaganThe Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankAnne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Junior High School Recommended Reading
41st out of 44 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Author: Andy Griffiths
Illustrator: Terry Denton
First Published: 2004

You know how educators say "get the kids reading anything"? This is one of those books children will read and you will sit there scratching your head about the relative quality and importance of it.

And yet...

Griffiths plays with some language tools we are told by those same educators are important in reading growth.

Rhythm and rhyme.
(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

I loved this book!!!!!! I gave it to my brother who hates reading - and he loved it too!
Gracie La
It is sooooooooooooo funny the jokes in there made me cry.
I loved that short but interesting book
Well the book was funy
best book ever!
it was good :)
Jun 08, 2010 Samir rated it 4 of 5 stars
Ill read it
Matthew Horrocks
I read this book a while ago but I chose to read it recently because I saw it lying around in my bookshelf and I thought that I might like it like I did a while ago. unfortunately, this want quite the case.

this fits in my bingo board category as 'a book of short stories'.

this is a book of funny short stories, some of them are similar in genre and reference and some are completely different but, I unfortunately didn't really find them funny at all. some of the stories are a bit clichéd. for examp
this book is funny but fairly easy to read I honestly enjoy his other books better than this on but this can be alright to read as I read this for the first time when I was 4 years old it was funny then for the first time but it really isn't funny now. sorry Andy Griffiths fans
I read this back as a wee little kiddie and laughed the entire time. It was the funniest thing I'd ever read and such a grown up book to a little 10 year old. Would definitely recommend this as a gift for a child in your life who considers their humour to be dark.
Sep 30, 2014 Vina added it
This book will be a fun book to read with a little kid. I read this book when I was a kid and then read it again when I'm older.Some of the short poems are funny.
Lily Zheng
As always, Griffiths makes his work always extremely entertaining, quirky and poetic. Slightly annoying but overall enjoyable
I liked the concept of the book. i would recommend this book to people
Aug 23, 2015 Jack added it
I lllllllllooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeddddddddddd it.
This book is pathetic. Read it
It was a really funny book
Every page of this book was poem. It's told us about somethings that not interesting, but I think it's not bad. Title of this book is the bad book because in last eleven page it wrote "bad" word in all line. I remember that it told me something about baby and old woman.
Cassie neal
Mar 16, 2009 Cassie neal marked it as to-read
Andy Griffiths came to my school..... i had a blast. i have been hooked on many series but once i finish the one i am on and the one i want to read after that........ i will start these books...... from my friends that have read them they love him. and from his appearance at our school i can tell he is funny and writes good books!
This is a cute, quick read that I cna't help but smile at. It's not so much a story but as a collection of different text types that hold the central theme of 'bad'. It's a kids book but even adults can end up smiling and really enjoying it.

I loved it because of the simplicity of it and the view of what bad is to a child- I loved it.
This book is everything but bad. Andy Griffiths introduces a whole new book full of funny nursery rhymes. my favourite one was “The old lady who swallowed a poo.” Great and humorous and perfect for beginners. I rate this book 4 stars. Heaps of killing and explosions. loved it and wanted to read it over and over again.
This book made me laugh every 5 seconds because it was soo funny. The part that i really lliked about this book was at the end when it kept saying that it just kept getting badder and badder and badder and it was so funny.
Gary Vassallo
I have to say it - this book was BAD. It was full of bad verses, riddles and stories. I found many of them hilarious. It was a quick fun read which I recommend for the young and the young at heart.
Alex Wilson
Would rate it 55 if I could because it was just about bad things that I liked. They were poems and little stories and one of them was the bad story and all the pictures were scribbles
Book Bazaar
I'm too old for this kind of humour but my daughter thinks it's the funniest thing ever - having never heard all those jokes already! The four stars are from her - i would go 2!
Great Book but at every single school I've ever been to I swear its not there and when it is there it's like a blessing. Great book with many 'lols' to be had within.
Jock Parsons
this was a good book i liked it alot and my favort bit in the book was the tree joke it was pritty funny
Ben Reid
Iz Zune état izt book de good il op andin Griffins de auto ci bu funis de funis ...more
Andy Griffith's books negatively influence 2 13 Apr 16, 2014 02:33AM
The Most Awesome ...: The Bad Book 1 3 Jan 12, 2013 08:41PM
  • The Bugalugs Bum Thief
  • The Penguin Henry Lawson: Short Stories
  • Come Back Gizmo (Gizmo, #3)
  • Belly Flop
  • Lord and Lady Bunny--Almost Royalty! (The Bunny's #2)
  • Poison Island
  • The Copper Beech / Evening Class
  • The Great Nursery Rhyme Disaster
  • Thunderwith
  • Belinda
  • Hairy Maclary's Showbusiness
  • Beyond Love
  • Blue Flame (Perfect Fire Trilogy, #1)
  • ABC: a Child's First Alphabet Book
  • Hunwick's Egg
  • Friday Barnes, Girl Detective
  • Little Manfred
  • The Wombles
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the
More about Andy Griffiths...