Start by marking “The Bad Book” as Want to Read:
The Bad Book

The Bad Book

WARNING! This book contains nothing but bad stories, bad illustrations, bad poems, bad cartoons and bad riddles about bad characters doing bad things. It is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very bad book.BAD JACK HORNER

Bad Jack Horner
Sat in a corner
Pulling the wings off a fly.
He swore at his mum
Kicked his dad in the bum,
And said 'Oh, what a bad boy
172 pages
Published September 1st 2004 by Pan Macmillan Australia Pty Limited (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Bad Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bad Book

Cruth
Author: Andy Griffiths
Illustrator: Terry Denton
First Published: 2004

You know how educators say "get the kids reading anything"? This is one of those books children will read and you will sit there scratching your head about the relative quality and importance of it.

And yet...

Griffiths plays with some language tools we are told by those same educators are important in reading growth.

Rhythm and rhyme.

Prediction.
(v
Cassie neal
Mar 12, 2009 Cassie neal marked it as to-read
Andy Griffiths came to my school..... i had a blast. i have been hooked on many series but once i finish the one i am on and the one i want to read after that........ i will start these books...... from my friends that have read them they love him. and from his appearance at our school i can tell he is funny and writes good books!
Tonu
May 21, 2015 Tonu rated it it was ok
this book is funny but fairly easy to read I honestly enjoy his other books better than this on but this can be alright to read as I read this for the first time when I was 4 years old it was funny then for the first time but it really isn't funny now. sorry Andy Griffiths fans
Gabrielle
Apr 18, 2011 Gabrielle rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!!!! I gave it to my brother who hates reading - and he loved it too!
Samir
Jun 08, 2010 Samir rated it really liked it
Ill read it
Ya
Oct 07, 2012 Ya rated it it was amazing
I loved that short but interesting book
Will
Dec 04, 2010 Will rated it it was amazing
Well the book was funy
Gracie La
Mar 24, 2013 Gracie La rated it it was amazing
It is sooooooooooooo funny the jokes in there made me cry.
Mandi
James Scott
Oct 10, 2016 James Scott rated it it was amazing
Matthew Horrocks
Nov 02, 2011 Matthew Horrocks rated it it was ok
I read this book a while ago but I chose to read it recently because I saw it lying around in my bookshelf and I thought that I might like it like I did a while ago. unfortunately, this want quite the case.

this fits in my bingo board category as 'a book of short stories'.

this is a book of funny short stories, some of them are similar in genre and reference and some are completely different but, I unfortunately didn't really find them funny at all. some of the stories are a bit clichéd. for examp
Bianca
Jan 14, 2013 Bianca rated it liked it
This is a cute, quick read that I cna't help but smile at. It's not so much a story but as a collection of different text types that hold the central theme of 'bad'. It's a kids book but even adults can end up smiling and really enjoying it.

I loved it because of the simplicity of it and the view of what bad is to a child- I loved it.
St Stephen's C C
WARNING! This book contains nothing but bad stories, bad illustrations, bad poems, bad cartoons and bad riddles about bad characters doing bad things. It is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very bad book. BAD JACK HORNER 'Bad Jack Horner Sat in a corner Pulling the wings off a fly. He swore at his mum Kicked his dad in the bum, And said 'Oh, what a bad boy am I.'
Zoe
Dec 22, 2014 Zoe rated it liked it
I read this back as a wee little kiddie and laughed the entire time. It was the funniest thing I'd ever read and such a grown up book to a little 10 year old. Would definitely recommend this as a gift for a child in your life who considers their humour to be dark.
Peach
Sep 02, 2014 Peach rated it really liked it
Every page of this book was poem. It's told us about somethings that not interesting, but I think it's not bad. Title of this book is the bad book because in last eleven page it wrote "bad" word in all line. I remember that it told me something about baby and old woman.
Mikayla
May 18, 2011 Mikayla rated it really liked it
This book made me laugh every 5 seconds because it was soo funny. The part that i really lliked about this book was at the end when it kept saying that it just kept getting badder and badder and badder and it was so funny.
Jack Perry
Jul 26, 2016 Jack Perry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first one it was really funny to look at p.s would you kick your dads bum?

Heaps of funny little skits very thoughtful and crazy I was like LOL so funny to look at from the book and who would kick their dads bum and swear at their mother like &@#$
Vina
Sep 30, 2014 Vina added it
This book will be a fun book to read with a little kid. I read this book when I was a kid and then read it again when I'm older.Some of the short poems are funny.
Alex.w
Jun 14, 2011 Alex.w rated it really liked it
Great Book but at every single school I've ever been to I swear its not there and when it is there it's like a blessing. Great book with many 'lols' to be had within.
Lily Zheng
Aug 29, 2015 Lily Zheng rated it really liked it
As always, Griffiths makes his work always extremely entertaining, quirky and poetic. Slightly annoying but overall enjoyable
Jock Parsons
Jul 04, 2012 Jock Parsons rated it really liked it
this was a good book i liked it alot and my favort bit in the book was the tree joke it was pritty funny
Gary Vassallo
Sep 20, 2014 Gary Vassallo rated it it was amazing
I have to say it - this book was BAD. It was full of bad verses, riddles and stories. I found many of them hilarious. It was a quick fun read which I recommend for the young and the young at heart.
Alex Wilson
Mar 21, 2014 Alex Wilson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: when-i-was-7
Would rate it 55 if I could because it was just about bad things that I liked. They were poems and little stories and one of them was the bad story and all the pictures were scribbles
Book Bazaar
I'm too old for this kind of humour but my daughter thinks it's the funniest thing ever - having never heard all those jokes already! The four stars are from her - i would go 2!
Rohan
Jan 10, 2013 Rohan rated it it was amazing
Fatima
Fatima rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2013
Sienna
Sienna rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Luke Raison
Luke Raison rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Tommy
Tommy rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2012
Andy Griffith's books negatively influence 2 13 Apr 16, 2014 02:33AM
The Most Awesome ...: The Bad Book 1 3 Jan 12, 2013 08:41PM
  • The Man Whose Mother Was a Pirate
  • The Bugalugs Bum Thief
  • The Penguin Henry Lawson: Short Stories
  • The Gizmo Again (Gizmo, #2)
  • Lord and Lady Bunny--Almost Royalty! (The Bunny's #2)
  • Belly Flop
  • Rome
  • The Copper Beech / Evening Class
  • Poison Island
  • Belinda
  • Blue Flame (Perfect Fire Trilogy, #1)
  • Beyond Love
  • The Great Nursery Rhyme Disaster
  • Tashi and the Giants (Tashi, #2)
  • ABC: a Child's First Alphabet Book
  • Hunwick's Egg
  • Hairy Maclary's Showbusiness
  • Winnie-the-Pooh and Some Bees
21956
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the
More about Andy Griffiths...