Start by marking “My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon” as Want to Read:
My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon

My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon (Vampire Files)

3.81  ·  Rating Details ·  6,064 Ratings  ·  237 Reviews
Nine popular fantasy and paranormal romance authors celebrate marital bliss supernatural style in a collection of honeymoon tales populated by demons, vampires, shape-shifters, magic-users, and other unusual characters in an anthology featuring works by Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher, Rachel Caine, P.N. Elrod, Caitlin Kittredge, Marjorie M. Liu, Katie MacAlister, Lilith Sai ...more
Published January 2nd 2008 by St. Martin's Press (first published December 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon

Jilly
Jul 11, 2015 Jilly rated it really liked it
I only read the Harry Dresden short story. It was about Harry looking for a kidnapped newlywed, with help from Ms. Gard. It was good. Whatever. Not the point.

The point, you ask? Well, we have always known that Ms. Gard was some sort of supernatural creature, but didn't know what. Well, it turns out that she is a Valkyrie!!

A Valkyrie!!! As in Odin's beautiful Grim Reapers. (You know where I'm going with this!)

Wait, did someone say Odin?

And, when you think of Odin, who do you think of?

thor chris hemsworth photo: :P ScreenShot2012-09-04at32253PM.png

That's ri
Kathy
Feb 24, 2008 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, read-in-2012
Stalked by Kelley Armstrong - I have never read this author before, though I have wanted to. This story was good, but it fits in between books in one of her series. The premise is that this couple is on their honeymoon (Surprised, huh? The title of the book just gives that completely away!). They are not your average couple, they are werewolves. Unfortunately for them, they are not alone...they are being hunted. We get all the politics of being part of a pack and what is called a "mutt". It's re ...more
Jan 01, 2008 Sarah rated it it was ok
As most compilation volumes, this one had some good stories, some ok stories and some bad stories.

Up first, Stalked, by Kelly Armstrong. Plot was eh, writing was marginally better.

Second, Herot, by Jim Butcher, was the standout. Fast past, tightly written, engaging, and unlike many others, it didn't require an understanding of the authors' previous works to enjoy the story.

Roman Holiday by Rachel Caine was a real disappointment. This one was a direct followup to the story in a My Big Fat Supe
Riju Ganguly
Feb 14, 2015 Riju Ganguly rated it it was ok
After a really long time, I got to read an anthology that can be considered total crap. So far, I had harboured rather positive ideas about these anthologies being edited by P.N. Elrod, but after reading this one..... But, let me describe my feelings about the stories.

1. "Stalked" by Kelly Armstrong: Had some muscle that was totally buried under overwritten flab.
2. "Heorot" by Jim Butcher: The best story of the book, and perhaps the best short work in the Dresden Files.
3. "Roman Holiday" by Rach
Wealhtheow
Nov 14, 2008 Wealhtheow rated it it was ok
The problem with these stories was that all the authors already had a series, or wanted one. Authors like Armstrog and Butcher had to introduce new readers to their long-established worlds while not alienating old readers. New authors felt the need to fit entire mythologies and backstories into the honeymoons. Few were even marginally successful.
The readable
Stalked, by Kelly Armstrong. Cute interplay between Elena, the only female werewolf, and her new husband (but old flame) Clay. This was one
Yvensong
I listened to Stalked by Armstrong and Heorot by Butcher.

I didn't enjoy Stalked as much as I thought I would, though I no longer remember what it was that didn't appeal to me.

I really enjoyed the Harry Dresden story. It was exciting, full of action, and interesting characters.

I returned this audio book back to the library because I just couldn't find the time nor interest to listen to any of the other stories at this time. Maybe I'll try this one at a later date, maybe for another road trip.
Elizabeth
Mar 14, 2008 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of any of the participating authors, fantasy fans who like a dash of romance
All of heavy-hitters in this book deliver- Jim Butcher, Kelley Armstrong, and P. N. Elrod really can't do much wrong by me. I also enjoyed Katie MacAlister's and Marjorie Liu's contributions and will absolutely be seeking out more Lilith Saintcrow based on the strength of her short story. The rest of the stories, though, I could take or leave. I felt dropped into the middle of series, and while that worked with the authors I'm familiar with (and I suspect their writing is strong enough that the ...more
Lesley
Oct 14, 2010 Lesley rated it it was ok
Shelves: anthology
2.5 Stars

After greatly enjoying My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding, I’m more than a little disappointed in this follow up. The stories by Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher, and P.N. Elrod are great - funny, entertaining, action packed - and Rachel Caine and Marjorie M. Liu also made good efforts. But the other half of the stories, the ones written by Caitlin Kittredge, Katie MacAlister, Lilith Saintcrow, and Ronda Thompson, just plain sucked. The characters were whiny, self-absorbed, and stupid, and I
Kat
May 05, 2009 Kat rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic read- lots of good stories in it. I'm actually starting to recognize characters from the authors who routinely contribute to these types of short story collections. I'm actually beginning to think about looking a few of them up. the premise here is pretty simple: the idea of honeymoons and supernatural characters. Vampires, witches, and even werewolves all show up in this tome. I'm going to have to find the first collection (My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding) and read those st ...more
Rachel Graft
Mar 26, 2011 Rachel Graft rated it liked it
Excited to read another Book in the series. 9 authors make up this book and Katie MacAlister is part of the Dark Ones Series.

I finally finished the Book. It is a book in the series that is a half book with a variety of authors, including Katie MacAlister's short story about Book 1 - Raphael. I do feel the story could have been added to the first book in a Chapter used as a history lesson on his family but it was nice to find out more about his history. The short story Book is nice to get a taste
Jamie Collins
Nov 05, 2007 Jamie Collins rated it liked it
Jim Butcher's story is the best. It's typical non-stop Harry Dresden action and I smirked all the way through it.

P.N. Elrod's story is good, although I missed Escott. I'm ready for another Jack Fleming novel.

Kelley Armstrong's story features her werewolves Clay & Elena. It's okay, but it was written from Clay's point of view and I wish she hadn't done that. I like Clay better as mysterious figure.
Heather Cluskey
Apr 02, 2013 Heather Cluskey rated it it was ok
I bought this book for Katie MacAlister's short story in it, which I loved. There was only one other story in the book, by Rachel Caine, that I enjoyed. None of the other stories made me want to read any further works by the other authors.
Jael
May 20, 2009 Jael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shape-shifter, own
I bought this book purely for Kelley Armstrong's story "Stalked". Which (even though was only 35 pages) I really enjoyed from start to finish. If you've read Broken then you know there was still some unanswered questions in regards to Clay, but this short story handled it well.
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Stalked - Otherworld Stories 7.3

Elena and Clay short about a run-in with mutts on their honeymoon.
Apr 08, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Stalked by Kelley Armstrong stars werewolves Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers which are characters from her Women of the Otherworld series.

I've never read that series or anything by Kelley Armstrong so I was going in blind. I didn't know that these stories were going to have characters from the author's other series. I was a little bit uneasy, just because I don't like to jump in the middle of things - I prefer to start from the very beginning and get to know the characters the way they were i
Meredith
Stalked by Kelly Armstrong started out a bit slow, but picked up speed. Those familiar with the 'verse will have an inkling that Elena's nose knows. The story is fun as it unfolds.

The male narrator was not good. Besides the lack of southern accent for Clay (which I'm sure the reader had no clue about), Elena was voiced in a girlish falsetto. :: shudder::

Herot by Jim Butcher is solid and classic Harry, but I didn't find this short catching me the way the one in Supernatural Wedding did. I did enj
Rhianna
Feb 05, 2009 Rhianna rated it liked it
Putting the full moon in 'honeymoon'...

We've taken a look at the wild and weird wedding photos, now it's time to hitch a ride on the honeymoon train. Here are a handful of supernatural stories of post-wedding vacations gone awry.

[STALKED:] by Kelley Armstrong is a Clay and Elena story from her Women of the Otherworld series. When a mutt interupts Clay's special honeymoon plans for Elena he's got to get rid of the bastard without drawing attention to it. Fans of Armstrong's characters will prob
Melissa
Oct 17, 2016 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mystery
I think I would've enjoyed this more had I been familiar with the Beowulf/Grendel mythology. Cheers to mead, though.
Benjamin
Apr 23, 2012 Benjamin added it
Shelves: audiobook
I wanted to try something a little new and I think I got what I deserve by trying something new. Anthologies are almost always going to be mixed bags, with different authors interesting/disgusting you with their themes/styles/characters; and no way to judge new authors other than to jump in and read.

The stories in this collection all share two aspects: someone is on a honeymoon (not always the main character) and something supernatural is involved. Oh, and a third is shared by many stories: the
Racquel
Feb 15, 2011 Racquel rated it liked it
Colleen
The "sequel" to MY BIG FAT SUPERNATURAL WEDDING, this anthology was pretty successful, although I enjoyed fewer stories than in its predecessor. That's not unusual for anthologies, but giving that I liked all but one previously, I had higher hopes for success.

As one suspects from the title, this time around all of the short stories are centered around honeymoons.

Also, it should be no surprise that yet another of Jim Butcher's Dresden File stories brought MY BIG FAT SUPERNATURAL HONEYMOON to my a
Lady Entropy
Jan 08, 2012 Lady Entropy rated it did not like it

My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon é o segundo volume de uma série que começou com My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (que eu descobri durante um dos meses temáticos na FNAC). MBFSW era tudo o que fantasia urbana tinha de bom: romance, loucura, conceitos inovadores (um deles pôs-me à procura da autora online, a ver se ela tinha usado o conceito num livro. Não tinha). Havia alguns "gajos estabelecidos" como o Jim Butcher a procurar novos leitores, metendo contos baseados nas suas séries mais conhecid
Chelsealuv Krigbaum
Mar 07, 2017 Chelsealuv Krigbaum rated it it was amazing
Read-Jim Butcher's, Heorot
I am completely intrigued with Ms. Gard! Who is she? The daughter of Oden!!! ?Seriously!
I really enjoyed the fact that Harry saved the day too!
Theresa
Sep 11, 2014 Theresa rated it liked it
I like reading anthology’s once in a while, to sample other authors and series. This one’s not too bad. Though for some of the saying they are honeymoon and/or supernatural related is a stretch.

1)Stalked by Kelly Armstrong. Women of the Otherworld Stories #7.3. 3 stars. This book is reviewed separately. Please refer to that.

2)Herot by Jim Butcher. Dresden Files #9.5. 3 stars. It was ok, but I don’t really care for witch/sorcerer stories by themselves. So this was a bit too ‘witchy’ for me, th
Kit
Jan 16, 2011 Kit rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, anthology
Meh... Some of the stories were ok. I don't mean to be critical, but I really wasn't impressed with this collection.

Stalked by Kelley Armstrong * * *
I've never heard of this author before, and I'm really not interested in changing that. This is the story of a werewolf couple dealing with an unwanted admirerer. This one is a side story in the Women of the Otherworld series - pretty ho-hum.

Heorot by Jim Butcher * *
This mini-story in the Dresden Files series was ok, but that's about it. A detective
Rita
Mar 01, 2017 Rita rated it really liked it
Some stories were better than others. I really enjoyed the Jim Butcher and P N Elrod ones.
Misti
This is another series of stories, though apparently inspired by a previous anthology, “My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding”. Like most anthologies, the quality of the contained stories (and their general understandability) varies immensely. After all, when there’s an indescribable creature from the black lagoon, it’s hard to picture what it’s doing and how it moves.

Stalked, by Kelley Armstrong – 3/5. I was hoping for better from Ms. Armstrong as I’ve liked her writing style in the past.

Heorot, by
Linda
Feb 24, 2017 Linda rated it really liked it
I only read Jim butcher's contribution and really liked it. It was interesting to learn more about another side character.
Jeffrey
Dec 09, 2009 Jeffrey rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of a contributing author
Shelves: fantasy, read-in-2010
I've given up being disappointed in these anthologies. One becomes accustomed to a certain quality level after reading too many of them. I have reached that point.

On the bright side, no Charlaine Harris story. After reading several of hers last year, this was a significant highlight. Jim Butcher's contribution is solid, if unspectacular. It provides a backstory for a supporting cast member which is nice, but I think it may demand a little too much of those unfamiliar with the Dresden files.

Mar
Carol
Feb 05, 2013 Carol rated it liked it
I enjoyed the "My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding" anthology. I was looking forward to this one. I didn't like it as much as the other. I read most of the stories with a feeling of disappointment. The ones I liked best were Jim Butcher, P.N. Elrod, and Marjorie Liu.

*Kelly Armstrong - Stalked
I like werewolve stories, but the honeymoon theme didn't quite work with this couple for some reason.
*Jim Butcher - Heorot
Gosh, you can always count on Butcher for a good story. His short stories are even good
  • Many Bloody Returns
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Cupid Cats (Dark Ones #7.5)
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Mean Streets (Remy Chandler, #1.5; Greywalker, #3.5; Nightside, #9.5; The Dresden Files, #10.5)
  • Hotter Than Hell (The Hollows, #4.5)
  • Powers of Detection: Stories of Mystery & Fantasy
  • The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance (Otherworld Stories)
  • Checkmate (Otherworld Stories, #9.5)
  • Naked City: Tales of Urban Fantasy
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
  • By Blood We Live
Patricia Nead Elrod is an American fantasy writer specializing in novels about vampires. Her work falls into areas of fantasy and (in some cases) mystery or historical fiction, but normally not horror, since her vampires are the heroes. -Wikipedia
More about P.N. Elrod...

Vampire Files (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Bloodlist (Vampire Files, #1)
  • Lifeblood (Vampire Files, #2)
  • Bloodcircle (Vampire Files, #3)
  • Art in the Blood (Vampire Files, #4)
  • Fire in the Blood (Vampire Files, #5)
  • Blood on the Water (Vampire Files, #6)
  • A Chill in the Blood (Vampire Files, #7)
  • The Dark Sleep (Vampire Files, #8)
  • Lady Crymsyn (Vampire Files, #9)
  • Cold Streets (Vampire Files, #10)