Start by marking “Against The Giants (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Module G1 2 3)” as Want to Read:
Against The Giants (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Module G1 2 3)

Against The Giants (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Module G1 2 3)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  218 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Three Adventures for Character Levels 8-12:

This material was originally published as three seperate adventures: G1 (STEADING OF THE HILL GIANT CHIEF), G2 (THE GLACIAL RIFT OF THE FROST GIANT JARL), and G3 (HALL OF THE FIRE GIANT KING).

Contained herein are referee notes, background information, maps, and exploration keys for three complete adventures using the ADVANCED DUN
Paperback, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Game Module, 32 pages
Published 1981 by TSR Hobbies, Inc. (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Against The Giants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Against The Giants

Jason Koivu
I loved this! Everyone seemed to love this! And I have no idea why!

Against the Giants was a Dungeons & Dragons module (an outline for a game) that collected three prototype modules together which were then reissued as one epic adventure. The countryside has been ravaged by hill giants, frost giants and fire giants that have all banded together under some unknown master force! Local noblemen have enlisted the best possible heroes to come to their aid!... Yeah, that was pretty much a standard
Matthew Iden
Aside from Keep on the Borderlands, there's no more iconic D&D module than Against the Giants. My copy is more Scotch tape than paper after 30 years, but I still get a thrill every time I leaf through it.

I'm puzzled that I've been so drawn to the adventure; after all, it's really a shell, with not much story or intrigue or drama. Only a handful of NPC's even have names (damn you, Obmi!).

I suppose it's exactly this lack of detail that lets your imagination take off. I still remember dreamin
Ken
This anthology of the 3 giant modules adds the beloved tournament characters and some nice interior illustrations. 4 stars instead of 5 because it is essentially one raid after another and I don't think that running all 3 adventures back-to-back is the best approach pacing-wise.
Sami Koskinen
After hours of slaughter and killing players asked: "Where is that frost giant Jarl"? And DM shrugged his shoulders and said: "It was that one giant, who got better armor class than others"!!!
Bob Findlay
I think my group went through this one..3 or 4 times? So long ago. Great series!
David Winston
Apr 02, 2013 David Winston rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
Great adventure! Always fun.
Cameron Russell
Cameron Russell marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Cory Wolak
Cory Wolak marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Sp
Sp added it
Nov 26, 2014
Desmond
Desmond marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
  • Queen of the Demonweb Pits (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons module Q1)
  • Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Fiend Folio
  • The Isle of Dread (Dungeons and Dragons Module X1)
  • Deities & Demigods: Cyclopedia of Gods and Heroes from Myth and Legend
  • Ravenloft, I6 (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Official Game Adventure #9075)
  • The Forgotten Realms: Campaign Set
  • Manual of the Planes
  • Dungeoneer's Survival Guide
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness
  • Wilderness Survival Guide (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons)
  • Cyberpunk: The Roleplaying Game of the Dark Future
  • Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
  • Pillars of Pentegarn (Endless Quest, #3)
  • Shadowrun (Third Edition)
  • The Complete Fighter's Handbook (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Player's Handbook Rules Supplement)
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (D&D: Eberron)
  • Guide to the Camarilla
  • Mage: The Ascension (2nd Edition)
Ernest Gary Gygax was an American writer and game designer, best known for co-creating the pioneering role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) with Dave Arneson in 1974, and co-founding the company Tactical Studies Rules (TSR, Inc.) with Don Kaye in 1973.

After leaving TSR, Gygax continued to author role-playing game titles independently, including another gaming system called Lejendary
More about Gary Gygax...
Players Handbook (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Core Rulebook) Dungeon Masters Guide (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Core Rulebook) Monster Manual Unearthed Arcana: A Compendium of New Ideas and New Discoveries for AD&D Game Campaigns ... Monster Manual II