Start by marking “Search Me” as Want to Read:
Search Me

Search Me

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  3,175 Ratings  ·  253 Reviews
Twenty year old Lane Montgomery never imagined her usually boring summer in the boonies would require her to trade her toe shoes for hunting boots or her monotonous college textbooks for treasure map deciphering. Never would she have imagined after breaking her grandmother’s precious Native American statue, danger, a lost treasure of Cherokee Gold and a hostage situation w ...more
274 pages
Published July 2nd 2013 (first published June 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Search Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Search Me

Christy
4 Stars!

photo fdcf569c-2a03-4063-a4fe-4eec143df927_zpsf519be34.jpg

This story was so different from any of Katie Ashley’s others- but I really enjoyed it! It was sweet, sexy, and packed full of action and adventure!

Lane and Maddox have history. Three years ago, Lane had one of the best nights of her life- then everything changed. Maddox broke her heart. Lane has spent the last three years dancing, and starting college. Maddox has spent the last three years in the Army. Now they are both back for the summer. Back at Maudie’s, working and forced to spend
* Sara Johns*
I live in the boonies, but I can't say that I've seen this fella around unfortunately
R.K. Lilley
Jul 01, 2013 R.K. Lilley rated it it was amazing
5 stars! I love every Katie Ashley book I've read, and she has done it again. I read this book in one sitting, because I couldn't put it down. This is a steamy Action & Adventure with twists and turns, and of course, romance. I highly recommend!
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 11, 2013 Jacqueline's Reads marked it as top-tbr
Teaser!!! I LOVE Katie Ashley, I think she's witty, funny and just a GREAT writer! I am excited for this one

From Katie Ashley's Blog <3

With only the dim beam of the flashlight illuminating the inky darkness, I could barely see what was straight in front of me, let alone what was farther around the bend. The jagged, rocky walls of the cave closed in around us. The air started getting cooler and damper, but salty beads of sweat still stung my eyes, blurring
Catarina
Jun 13, 2013 Catarina rated it really liked it
I’m already a fan of this author so I’m probably biased reviewing this book, but I found it a really enjoyable reading. This was a very good reading.

description

This is the story of Lane and Maddox, they know each other since kids since Maddox is a foster son of Lane’s “aunt” and they used to spend summers together.
Lane always had a thing for Maddox, and in the night before him goes to army they get together and everything changes.
They don’t see the other for the next three years, when they meet in Lane’
Michelle
Jun 13, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
Another solid book by Katie Ashley!

This one has it all...

And a Goonie-ish search for buried treasure complete with a map and a bad guy that wants it all for himself.

Maddox Diaz shipped off to join the Army after leaving the arms of a girl that would always be too good for him. A son that was abandoned and raised by a foster mother - a man that was injured and lost his chance at making something of himself in the Army - he is returning home after three years.

Lane Montgomery is nearly twenty and
Rustys
Jun 26, 2013 Rustys rated it really liked it
Each summer since she was a child Lane Montgomery has been spending her summer working at Maudie’s Mountain Brewery and Orchard. Maudie was her father’s foster mother and they always kept in touch.

Maddox Diaz also raised by Maudie became friends with Lane and as children they played and teased one another. Then at sixteen Lane’s hormones took over and she developed a crush on her best friend Maddox, she loved him.

GIFSoup

One thing leads to another and when he realizes the impact of their action
Fanny
Mar 31, 2016 Fanny rated it it was ok

Search Me es una novela independiente creada por la autora Katie Ashley y tiene como protagonistas a Maddox y Lane.
Esta no era mi primera experiencia con el trabajo de la autora, ya que he leido sus series Runaway Train y The Proposition, por lo que mas o menos sabia que esperar de la lectura, aun asi me senti un poco desilucionada al terminarla. La trama tenia muchisimo potencial pero al tener tan pocas paginas todo ocurre demasiado rapido, lo que dificulta el conectar con la historia.
Elegi Sea
Sheryl
Jun 30, 2013 Sheryl marked it as to-read
*SIGH* And ANOTHER hottie COURTESY of FuriousFotog... Colin Wayne... Katie Ashley, you SURE KNOW your hotties :D
Courtney
Jun 29, 2013 Courtney rated it liked it
Search Me is something totally different from what I have read in the past by Katie Ashley.

Search Me definitely has more adventure and suspense than any other of her other books (that I have read) and that was what kept me interested in the book. However, I wish there was more depth to the characters and the overall plot. There were a few things that were hard for to me grasp because they seemed so far fetched from the truth but it didn’t turn me away completely.

We follow Lane, who is a spoiled
C-Money
Jun 25, 2013 C-Money rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
I love Katie Ashley. She was one of the first reads after being dragged in by Fifty Shades of Grey. The proposal was such a great read. So when I saw this was out, 1 clicked it and bam knocked that shit out in 1 sitting.

I want to address the cover of this book first. HOT DAMN. That boy is one fine piece of ass

photo th_zpsc0873b2e.jpg

I mean come one, how can you not want this to wake up to in the morning.

MMMM, Meet Maddox.
 photo thCARK1ROF_zps6482ba12.jpg

Meet Laney
blake lively photo: Lively blake_lively_06.jpg

He's older, shes younger, they are best friends, can they be more?

He's back from th
ChuCha
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

some_text

Search Me is an adventure you don't want to miss: a couple with a history, some mean-looking goons, a treasure hunt and some heart racing chase.

I adore these two characters - Lane and Maddox grew up together. He constantly tease her when they were kids. Then all changed when they reached their teens, no longer being a pain in the ass - Maddox paid attention to her. She fell in love with him at 16.

Lane thought he felt the same way, after all they spent a w
Patty
Jul 04, 2013 Patty rated it it was ok
Shelves: ok
It could be so much better, unraveling a mistery should have a little more... Mistery! Intrigue and riddles!! It's a damn treasure map!!
One night, a little reading on the Index Page of a book and that's it! It was a little disappointing to me.
The romance was also weak, I felt connected to Lane when she tells about her first night with Maddox, after that I kept hoping for more of them. A little more drama maybe, because it was all flat. I didn't believe she loved him that much, I didn't believe
Musing
Jul 06, 2013 Musing rated it it was amazing
Feel like a light romance, with a bit of action, suspense, mystery and thrills? Well, incredibly talented author, Katie Ashley, has created another masterpiece with her latest New Adult book, Search Me .

Search Me was the sort of book that you could read in one sitting. It will keep you riveted with the enthralling mystery and adventure, and captivated with the tension between swoon-worthy Hero Maddox Diaz, and sweet, if not a little immature heroine, Lane Montgomery.

This pair had a long-stand
Laura Hampton~iScream Books~
What can I say about Search Me....I really enjoyed this book. It was a thrill ride, filled with some mystery and plenty of emotion.

Lane Montgomery has spent her summers vacationing with her parents and working at Maudie's Mountain Brewery and Orchard. Maudie is like a Grandmother to her. She help to raise Lane's dad.

Lane and Maddox Diaz have been friends for a long time. They have spent their summers together working for Maudie and hanging out. Maddox was always teasing her. And Lane had a crus
~`*Ella Lee*`~
Jul 09, 2013 ~`*Ella Lee*`~ rated it really liked it
This read was one of those sweet, fun, I had sex with you one time and gave you my virginity and you left to the army because I thought you didn't love me reads. Oh! And there's a treasure hunt and crazy, desperate men sending this couple on the run as they "reacquaint" themselves with each other.
Both the hero and heroine where very well written. I loved their history and I loved them coming back together even more. Their declarations of love felt a SMIDGE rushed toward the end, but hey, you won
Sandra
Nov 12, 2014 Sandra rated it liked it
3'5 estrellas. Este libro me ha sorprendido para bien, pensaba que la protagonista iba a ser insufrible, pero no. Está bien para echar el rato, no es muy denso y se lee rápido. Yyyy ¡Quiero verano por favooooorrrr!
Jacqulyn
May 15, 2013 Jacqulyn rated it did not like it
I did not like this book. The characters said corny stuff, made bad decisions that really made zero sense. I could not connect with any of them. I like Katie Ashley's other books, this one took everything I had to finish it.
Nikki Groom
Jun 28, 2013 Nikki Groom rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, blog-tour
Review to come for the tour...
Kim
May 04, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Put on your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy ride!

If you had told me forty-eight hours ago, that I, Lane Montgomery--college student, part-time ballerina, sheltered and spoiled only child--would be running for my life from deranged treasure seekers with the very guy who broke my heart...I would have laughed in your face.

Lane and Maddox have a long history together from childhood to young adulthood spending time at Maudie’s Mountain Brewery and Orchard. They had a love hate relationship as ki
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews | Find Me on Facebook

“When it comes down to it, you’ve always been the one, Maddox. Since I was fourteen years old, there’s never been another for for me, and there never will be.”

Search Me by Katie Ashley was a very surprising read. I was not expecting it to have so much mystery, suspense, and action in it before I started reading. I thought it would be a story of reuniting with your first love… I was pleasantly surprised with how the book played out.

Search Me is in the
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Search Me by Katie Ashley
3 stars!!

I love Katie Ashley’s books so was really looking forward to getting my teeth into another story, I had read the blurb and it immediately pulled me in, sort of like an Indiana Jones adventure come the guy gets the girl type of book. I thought wow, different, not a usual plot, can’t wait to read!!

I started the book and I loved the characters, Lane was a ballerina, only child, fairly spoilt but it had not changed her in anyway, she had been a bit over protected so
Tonya
Jul 29, 2013 Tonya rated it it was amazing

That was so great. A treasure hunt. But not only were they finding a lost treasure they are finding their way back to one another. After years if anger and resentment Lane comes face to face with the one man she gave everything to. Her love, her virginity and herself but he ran. She poured out her heart and he left her with nothing but tears and years of anger.
Although at the time I wanted nothing more than to knee him in his magic wand, not only for the past but for the way he acted toward Lan
K3
May 20, 2013 K3 rated it really liked it
With the power of white, leave where there are tracks and travel into the place where the yellow gift was first found. From there, ward off the devastation of the Black Man to go into where the rocks talk. Find the cave where the pretty fawn shed her tears.
When twenty year old Lane Montgomery accidently breaks, Maudie’s painting, never in a million years did she think she would stumble upon a treasure map. This isn’t just a treasure map but one that leads to the lost treasure of some Cherokee Go
Lynetta Halat
Apr 09, 2013 Lynetta Halat rated it really liked it
Katie Ashely has become one of my go-to authors over the last year. Putting out great book after great book, she has been relegated to my automatic one-click list, which means I don't need reviews or synopses to know that I'll enjoy them! Imagine my surprise, then, when I began to read this romantic suspense from her. Wow! I wasn't expecting it, but I really enjoyed it. There were definitely some moments of nail-bitting and breath-holding but, overall, it was just a fun read. I loved all the 80s ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 STARS

I adore the writings of Katie Ashley. I think the thing that I love the most is that she does not pigeon-hole herself into one kind of story. She writes YA to Adult to Contemporary. “Search Me” now brings in her talent with writing some mystery.

Lane Montgomery and Maddox Diaz are two completely opposite people. A Dancer and an Army Specialist. Two people who have known each other forever. Two people who had one night of passion where s
Ceri
Jul 11, 2013 Ceri rated it really liked it
Shannon
Apr 05, 2013 Shannon rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book & here is my honest review:

If you are looking for a book that is different than what you've been reading and you are interested in action/adventure and romantic books then look no further. Search Me has everything. It is an extremely fast paced treasure hunting adventure complete with bad guys, guns, and jumping off cliffs. If that doesn't sell you and you're looking for something with a little more romance, just wait because there is plenty of that in Search M
Jackie
I have to say, if it wasn't for that shower scene with Maddox, this would've been a 3.5 but it got bumped up solely for that part. It was a good read - lots of action - the characters are on the run for almost all of the boook. I like the childhood crush aspect and I loved Maddox. Lane kind of drove me nuts. She seemed to break down a lot even right after she said she'd be strong or she was so mad she wanted to kill the guy...then she was crying. I don't blame Maddox for not really knowing what ...more
Kathy
Apr 23, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it

That's what you get with this book, adventure, suspense, lots of twists and turns and some steamy young romance..Katie Ashley does it again..
  • Painted Lines
  • Blessed Fate (Blessed Tragedy, #2)
  • Giving You Forever (Forever #4)
  • NOT A BOOK: Amazingly Broken
  • Watch over Me
  • Lost in You (Lost in You, #1)
  • Luck of Love (Luck, #1)
  • The Impact of You
  • Everything Changes
  • Touching Melody (Forever First, #1)
  • Twinsequences (Twisted Twin, #1)
  • Shattered (Shattered, #1)
  • Smash Into You
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Dare Me Forever
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
  • Whispers in the Dark
Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best-Selling author. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter, Olivia, and her two very spoiled dogs. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, The Golden Girls, Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Supernatural, Designing Women, and Scooby-Doo.

With a BA in English, a BS in Secondary English Education, and a Masters in Adolescent Engli
More about Katie Ashley...

“But I never wanted just your body, Lane. I always wanted your heart. I was just too afraid to ask for it.” 15 likes
“When it comes down to it, you’ve always been the one, Maddox. Since I was fourteen years old, there’s never been another guy for me, and there never will be.” 6 likes