Start by marking “Othello, Volume 4” as Want to Read:
Othello, Volume 4

Othello, Volume 4 (Othello #4)

BRIGHT, CHEERY, AND THE SCARIEST WOMAN ALIVE

Too-shy Yaya is no match for the clever manipulations of the latest transfer student, Megumi Hino–Hino-chan–whose bright, optimistic exterior shields a perfect storm of selfishness, jealousy, and sadism. Hino-chan has her tentacles in all aspects of Yaya’s life, including her budding relationship with nice-guy Moriyama and a stra
Published June 28th 2005 by Del Rey (first published October 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Othello, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Othello, Volume 4

Shelley
Jun 17, 2015 Shelley rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: girls 17 and up
Recommended to Shelley by: Anne Ekstrome
Shelves: manga, young-adult
Have you ever been that girl who is tired of being pushed around, or taken advantage of because you are too nice and don't stand up for yourself as much as you should?

Then take a lesson from Nana! When things become overwhelming for timid and meek Yaya, Yaya transforms into her alter ego Nana. Taking on a punk rock persona, Nana is a girl who stands up for Yaya and kicks some butt in the process!

Summary of Volume 4:
The conniving Hano-Chan who pretends to be sweet and innocent, but is secretly a
Jody Mena
Jun 01, 2015 Jody Mena added it
Shelves: manga
Good God, I thought the popular girls in my high school were bitches! But none of them ever tried to sell me into prostitution! Othello really shows bullying in the Japanese school system at some of its worst. But I guess Nana's 'heavenly punishment' wouldn't be nearly as satisfying if the reader wasn't fuming with impotent rage at the antagonistic Hano-chan or the scheming Seri and the weaselly Moe. I love the complicated love pretzel going on amongst Nana, Moriyama, Yaya and Syohei! Can't wait ...more
Miss Ryoko
Sep 12, 2011 Miss Ryoko rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, library-book
I know I say it each review, but I can't say it enough: I LOVE NANA!!!!! She is such a bad ass!

I feel so bad for Yaya! I wish I could jump in the book and be her friend. Then I would help teach her how to be strong without being an ass. At least Moriyama is a sweetheart!

Because I'm so in love with Nana and her awesomeness, I decided this review needed a super rad picture of her! I mean, LOOK AT HER! She's so cool!! (it's also hilarious because up at the top is Hano-chan flattened by Nana!!)

Nana kicks butt
Kirstie
Sep 07, 2012 Kirstie rated it really liked it
Yaya is a shy, sweet girl who is a bully magnet (probably because she can't even try to stand up for herself). Hiding inside Yaya is Nana, a super strong and sassy girl who does 'justice' to Yaya's bullies.

Hino-chan (Yaya's latest bully and rival for Moriyama's affections) is a piece of work. She uses awful tricks and manipulation to try and destroy Yaya (and just about any other girl who walks by too). Nana shows more growth by showing she won't just protect Yaya with her fists but by working h
Kristine Hansen
Jun 07, 2013 Kristine Hansen rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I'm reaching the point in this series where I am tired of the setup of Yaya turning into Nana with Yaya not aware of it. I feel like the storyline has stalled out and am ready to quit going back and forth between these same actions. Anyone else feeling that way by this volume?

Nevertheless I still like the characters so I'll keep going....
Lex Marie
Feb 07, 2011 Lex Marie rated it liked it
Shelves: decent-not-great
This volume of the story, while vital, feels more like filler than anything too interesting. The pace slowed down again and the story did not progress very much at all. Definitely the most disappointing volume so far and my least favorite.
Lizzy
Mar 30, 2008 Lizzy rated it really liked it
Shelves: never-finished
One of the books I'm in the middle of,,,,,but stopped reading like last year sooo... :-/ It wasn't that I wasn't interested anymore, I just started doing something else...Actually, I think this was the last book I was reading...If you consider Manga a book lol ??
Nikki Kelly
Aug 30, 2007 Nikki Kelly rated it it was amazing
Awesome series with a great storyline. I love the art in this one. The main character is so lovable. I love the whole psych twist to it. I never got to finish, but I would really like to.
Mathusha
Mathusha rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2011
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2012
Jami
Jami rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2010
Yukaritomo
Yukaritomo rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2009
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
Rossy
Rossy rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2009
Ladylove
Ladylove rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Vivian
Vivian rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Jonelle
Jonelle rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2010
Sara
Aug 04, 2011 Sara added it
Shelves: manga, shoujo, humor
This series is funny! Nana is a hoot! ^^
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Ren
Ren rated it it was ok
May 10, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2009
Magdalena Paulsson
Magdalena Paulsson rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2014
Naruto4Hokage(Jessica)
Naruto4Hokage(Jessica) rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Nadiyah Marsela
Nadiyah Marsela rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2010
Lauracet
Lauracet rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2008
Hanski
Hanski rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2012
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2012
olu
olu rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2009
Trang Phung
Trang Phung rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Caitlin Ryan
Caitlin Ryan rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2011
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 2
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 4 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #4)
  • Wild Act, Volume 2
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 11
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 32
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 6 (The Wallflower, #6)

Othello (7 books)