Start by marking “The Helena Diaries: Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Helena Diaries: Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery #1.5)

The Helena Diaries: Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #1.5)

WARNING: This novella is a companion book to TROUBLE IN MUDBUG. You should not read this novella prior to completing Trouble in Mudbug. The novella contains major spoilers for the novel and would not make sense if read beforehand.

Do you love Helena Henry?

Did you wonder what she was thinking during Trouble in Mudbug, or what she was up to when she was off-page in the novel?
ebook
Published April 1st 2013 by Jana DeLeon

To ask other readers questions about The Helena Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Helena Diaries

Linda C
Sep 26, 2015 Linda C rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, mystery
This is the same story as Trouble in Mudbug but told from Helena’s, the ghost’s, viewpoint. I don’t think this really added a lot that we didn’t already know; perhaps a few insights. But I think the humor was better in the original.
Marianne
Dec 08, 2016 Marianne rated it really liked it
This was fun to read after book 1. It is told from the perspective
of Helena and what she thought of everything.
Apr 06, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
The warning listed above is 100% accurate - if you have not read Trouble in Mudbug you will be clueless and lost. I am positive that some half-wit will do just that and post a negative review about The Helena Diaries being obtuse and hard to follow, because they did not read the instructions. (Probably the same population that necessitated the huge increase in warning labels on basic household items. We should really let Darwinism's theory be put to the test and cull the herd. But I digress.)

Now
Nurse Lisa in Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
Title: "The Helena Diaries - Trouble in Mudbug"
Author: Jana DeLeon
Format: audiobook via audible.com
Narrated by: Johanna Parker
Overall: 3.5/5 stars

Remarks:
One of my favorite narrators, first of all. Ms. Parker is amazing with her range of voices for her characters (female and make) and really enhances the audiobook experience!

This story was short & cute, but didn't really add much to the overall storyline. I've read & enjoyed the first two books in this series so far & it was kinda c
Dana Kennedy
Apr 03, 2014 Dana Kennedy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a giant waste of time. It reads like the author's notes of Trouble in Mudbug, with no new insights whatsoever. I thought that it was written to help the reader sympathize with Helena, but instead it completely alienates you from her by providing an unrealistic voice giving a synopsis of a book that you've already read. She is meant to be a wealthy, older woman who was unfamiliar with the internet or email, yet she constantly uses phrases like BTW, hottie and badass. I was going to read book ...more
Amanda
Sep 01, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
The Helena Diaries: Trouble in Mudbug by Jana DeLeon is told in Helena's first-person point-of-view during the events of the first book in the series.

The writing in this book is a vast improvement from the others'. Helena has a hilarious way of phrasing and perceiving things; the first chapter is a great example of this. However, I definitely wouldn't recommend reading this without reading the first book for two reasons: it wouldn't make sense and it would spoil the story. This is more of a comp
Elizabeth Lange
Jan 13, 2014 Elizabeth Lange rated it it was amazing
Please heed the WARNING listed with this novella! You will not make heads or tails of it if you don't!
The "The Helena Dairies" is the perfect compliment to Jana Deleon's "Mudbug" series. It explains, Helena's view of what is going on in "Trouble in Mudbug". If you haven't read any of the series and enjoy an easy, chuckle to yourself and sometimes out loud laugh, read, pick it up today.
Kathryn Moore
May 01, 2013 Kathryn Moore rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny-mysteries
This is a great follow up to "The Trouble in Mudbug." The story about a woman attending her mother-in-laws' funeral and she gets out of the casket. The problem is only the daughter-in-law can see her. Very funny and a good story. In this book, the story is recapped from the mother-in-laws' point of view. Also very funny as she didn't even know she was dead.
Nancy
Apr 05, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindke-e-book
a diffident addition to the funniest series i have ever read. it just added an extra zing to the story line. nothing funnier than a dead ghost in pink polyester who does not want to be dead. and wants to help solve her own murder???
Anastasia
Jun 04, 2015 Anastasia rated it it was amazing
The Helena Diaries by Jana Deleon is Helena's account of events as they occurred in Trouble in Mudbug. A fun recount of her learning of her ghostly abilities and trying to correct some of the mistakes she has made.
Desi Kennedy
Apr 14, 2016 Desi Kennedy rated it liked it
I am glad I read this book, but sad I spent $1.99 to read it. I should have waited to get it free. Nothing really new that you wouldn't get from reading the first book. It is just Helena's take on things.
Karen Wright
Apr 25, 2013 Karen Wright rated it it was amazing
I loved this but wish it was longer. It is the story from the first Ghost In Law mystery told from Helena's point of view. It's hilarious the things that she seems to notice while at the same time, she's not too broken up about being murdered.
Sandra Rae
Oct 07, 2013 Sandra Rae rated it really liked it
The all too funny mystery from Helena's point of view. You will shake your head and wonder what in the heck? A definite read after you read the first book in the Mudbug series, "Trouble in Mudbug". Go ahead, enjoy yourself, read a book.
Kirsty Cochrane
Jul 18, 2016 Kirsty Cochrane rated it liked it
This novella was enjoyable and a good single sit read but it didn't enthrall me like the other books in this series. Written from Helena's point of view it seemed to lack the substance usually found. It is ok though.
Sue Ross
Jun 21, 2013 Sue Ross rated it it was amazing
If you like the Mudbug series, you'll love knowing exactly what makes Helena tick!!!! This was such an easy read I read it all in one day. Didn't want to put it down and life didn't interfere this time. I hear rumors there will be more to her diary to come. Can't wait for the next entries :)
Kay
Apr 15, 2016 Kay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Very much enjoyed this book. Great character development as well as many twists that keep you guessing as well as plenty of humor. Looking forward to next in this series.
Kathyb
Jan 26, 2015 Kathyb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella tells the events of "Trouble in Mudbug" from Helena's point of view. It was a good addition to the first book in the series.
victoria walker
Sep 06, 2014 victoria walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Helena

does she ever get it right..as hard as she tries her heart is in the right place.ghosts can smile and laugh like the rest of us..but oh what trouble they cause.
Tonya
Jan 27, 2015 Tonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So funny

I loved this series. If you need a laugh read them! Where on earth did this author come up with this stuff!
Lisa  Schlottmann
Jul 15, 2013 Lisa Schlottmann rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading about Helena's experiences and perspective! So glad this book was written to accompany the series that I loved!
Deb Carroll
Jul 27, 2015 Deb Carroll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice tie in to first book.

Fun to read, and get the perspective from the other side of the characters. Makes you almost feel sorry for Helena,....almost
Sandra Schultz
Sandra Schultz rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Felecia Schreier
Felecia Schreier rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Marla
Marla rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Deborah Foltz
Deborah Foltz rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2014
Anna Snow
Anna Snow rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Diane Bocci
Diane Bocci rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Theresa Geitner
Theresa Geitner rated it liked it
May 28, 2014
Nicola
Nicola rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2014
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
  • Rose and Helena Save Christmas (Ghost-in-Law, #6.5; Rose Gardner Mystery, #6.4)
  • Trouble Under the Tree (Nina Quinn, #6)
  • Bound to Secrets (Sisters of the Moon #3)
  • Sons of Lyra (Sons of Lyra, #1-4)
  • The Bear's Bride (Mail-Order Mates #3)
  • Wild Blue Under (Tritone Trilogy #2)
  • How to Seduce an Angel in 10 Days (10 Days, #3)
  • Hair Of The Dog (Sinners, #1.5)
  • The Dragon Legion Collection (Dragonfire, #9)
  • Better Off Dead in Deadwood (Deadwood, #4)
  • The Housewife Assassin's Vacation to Die For (Housewife Assassin, #5)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ...more
More about Jana Deleon...

Ghost-in-Law (6 books)
  • Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #1)
  • Mischief in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #2)
  • Showdown in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #3)
  • Resurrection in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #4)
  • Missing in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #5)
  • Chaos in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #6)