Start by marking “Weight of Silence (Cost of Repairs, #3)” as Want to Read:
Weight of Silence (Cost of Repairs, #3)
Preview

Weight of Silence (Cost of Repairs #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  541 ratings  ·  56 reviews
The wrong secret can poison everything--even if it’s kept with the best of intentions.

Gavin Perez knows he’s a living cliché. He works a dead-end job, shares a trailer with his waitress mom, has an abusive, absentee sperm donor, and he’s poor. So color him shocked when middle-class, white-bread Jace Ramsey agrees to hang out with him.

Granted, Gavin is trying to make up f
Published August 6th 2013 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Weight of Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weight of Silence

DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

Jace Ramsey is a college student troubled by secrets. While home for Thanksgiving, Jace literally runs into Gavin Perez, an openly gay clerk at the local Dollar Mart. Jace comes from a middle-class family, while Gavin shares a trailer with his waitress mom and tries to avoid his abusive, alcoholic father. Despite their differences, Gavin and Jace start a tentative friendship which quickly turns romantic. But Jace's secrets eventually catch up to them and threaten everything he holds dea
Tami (synchro from BL)
3,5 stars.

I very much liked this despite the little bumpy start. It is a love story that comes across quite natural - two very young men who meet and find each other interesting. They are very different and each one of them is interesting and likable on his own. The dynamic between them is well paced and their story unfolds with some not wholly unexpected turns, which give the story some depths - a little counterbalance for the sweet falling in love which is the center of this novel.

A very nice
Pjm12
I really really love the way this author writes.... As soon as I begin her books, I am immediately immersed her world and story building ability and characters.

Gavin Perez is a bit of a slacker, but not really. Just because he doesn't have ambitions to go out and conquer the world doesn't mean he achieves nothing. He's good to his mum, he's realistic about his life opportunities and most of all, he is incredibly attracted to Jase Ramsey, who he catches up with at a Thanksgiving feast while he's
Vanessa North
Yeah, go ahead and laugh, Andrea. :P

Okay, i really liked this addition to the series, even though it veers off into the territory of very young new adult college age, which is not an age group i usually read, and is not in keeping with the rest of the series. Overall though, it was good, well paced, good characters.

One thing: Please authors, please, for the love of all that is holy, abolish the phrase "twin bond" from your vocabulary. I know it's not ever going to happen, but this twin can only
Love Bytes Reviews
4.5 star review by Dan

Gavin Perez is the son of one of the waitresses at Dixie’s Cup. He is young, in his early 20’s and is still sharing the trailer he grew up in with his mom. Both of them could afford to live on their own, but Gavin’s no account father, who abandoned both of them years ago, still lives in town and has threatened both Gavin’s mom and Gavin himself if the mom ever sees another man. The dad doesn’t want to be around them, but also doesn’t want his “wife” around anyone else.

At th
Feliz
This book is aptly named–some secrets are just so heavy that keeping silent about them can crush a person until they can’t breathe anymore. That’s what happened to Jace Ramsay. He got so tangled up in secrets–someone else’s and his own–that he did something stupid enough to make him vulnerable to blackmail. And now Jace is lost. He can’t ask his family for help because that would mean he’d eventually have to betray someone else’s trust, and he’s made himself guilty anyway, but he’s to weak–at le ...more
Discerningcritic
Warning: This book contains one slightly hyperactive hero from the wrong side of town, a frustrated college student looking for a little life experience, and an unexpected romance amid dark secrets that just won’t stay buried. Also contains references to physical abuse some readers may find disturbing.

Lose the blurb warnings, PLEASE! They are ridiculous! (The warning about physical abuse aside, of course) Tell what the story is about and leave it at that. It isn't funny to be patronised to this
Jen
"Weight of Silence" is the third book in the "Cost of Repairs" series by M/M contemporary romance author A.M. Arthur. For this third installment, we meet Gavin and Jace, lead characters who are younger than the previous leads in the first two books but carry their own burdens, one deciding to put it out in the open and the other choosing to keep it a secret.

Gavin Perez is 23 and has never pretended to be someone he's not. He's been open about being gay since he came out to his mom as a teen. He
Amber
Y'know, I was a little concerned the story might have triggers in it for me, not so bad. Reviews on the other hand? Wooooow. Isn't victim blaming grand. Goody. So just a quick educational tl;dr for folks. Rape is nonconsenual sexual contact, yes? Consent must be freely given, if it's coerced it is not consent. Therefore if someone (view spoiler) Yay, i'm glad we cleared that up. On to the story itself!
Alrighty, so, liked the c
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Gavin is a 24 year old, very out gay man, in a dead end job. He is from the poor side of town and lives in a little run down trailer with his mother, a waitress at the Cup. His "sperm donor" was an abusive a$$h@le that still threatens him and his mother from time to time.

Jace is a 19 year old college student. The son of a police officer. He is from a wholesome middle class family and has lead a good life. He is very much in the closet. He is scared to come out to his parents and sisters.

Gavin
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
This would have been a solid 3.5 if it wasn't that one thing pissed me off. Trying not to give any spoilers, but if someone forces you to do something that you do not want to do -either by blackmail or aggression - it isn't "taking advantage of you." It is a criminal act.

Even worse, a bully remains a bully and will continue abusing helpless innocents because of that "weight of silence."
GayListBookReviews
This is a fun and sweet coming-of-age story that addresses some serious issues. I loved that it was set in the familiar universe of this series, so we knew a lot of the supporting characters and had insight into the people and history that they shared.

Gavin has grown up with an awareness that the world isn’t fair and that sometimes the people who should love and care for you can be the most dangerous people you know. He is who he is and he refuses to hide his light or pretend to be anything othe
Page Crusherz
Great continuation of the series. I feel like there is definitely more for these guys to get through. These guys have both been thru a LOT and there are things they will need help with; Id love to see them get it! And some other guys need to get what's coming to them! Great book!
Fi Brit
Shirley Frances
Weight of Silence tells the story of two young men who suddenly find each other and soon after they can't see themselves living without each other's presence in their life. Jace Ramsey returns to Stratton for Thanksgiving break and meets Gavin Perez. They connection is immediate and soon they find themselves sharing one lustful night together. Gavin can't seem to forget the charming endearing boy he met on Thanksgiving, so when he runs into a withdrawn and shaken Jace during Christmas break he ...more
Molli B.
3.5. Rounded...down to a 3. My attention wandered a bit as I read, but I honestly think that was because of my mood today—I haven't been able to focus on anything. So I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say 4 rather than 3 (except my review was lackluster enough that by the end of writing it, I'm going to go with 3 rather than 4). Although I'll say this is a rare-isn 3 for me, because I think it's one I'll reread, and usually I tend to only reread the 4s and 5s. Scoring is hard!

The story a
Maria
Couldn't put it down! A great addition to Cost of Repairs series. I can also see some potential for a sequel to this story.
Susinok
This book is very well named. Secrets weighing Jace down, and being gay is just one of them.
Jilrene ♥
Shortish with a little drama. Enjoyable read, lots of plot and just enough smexy times.
Sadonna
Full review posted at The Armchair Reader

This site is down. Here is the review.

This is the third book in the Cost of Repairs series. While this story takes place in the same town as the first two novels, there isn’t a lot of crossover and it can be read as a stand – alone story. The couples from the previous two stories briefly appear in this book, but it’s not really necessary to have read them before this one.

Every year for Thanksgiving, Dixie, who owns the local diner, Dixie’s Cup, throws a
Aurora
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/08/review-...

**There is talk of abuse and rape in the book though it is not explicit.**

Favorite Quote: “Sex is about two people. If you don’t want what’s happening, then it’s not worth doing “

Gavin Perez is a young 23 year old gay man who lives at home, has a dead end job, and an abusive father. Jace Ramsey is a 19 year old college student home for the holidays. When he and Gavin meet over a spilled bowl of cranberry relish, the chemistry sparks a
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: http://headouttheoven.blogspot.com/20...

When I read Weight of Silence, the title was telling me that there are secrets here that may just be too much for comfort. Both for the reader and the main character. The secret here is weighty, and despite many misconceptions, this type of secret is destructive.

I won't reveal any spoilers, this will ruin the whole silent affair. What I will say is that A.M. Arthur dealt with the issue at hand in the most realistic way possible. Secrets
Blue Bayou .
Ok read. Some things about the secret bothered me. It took too long to get to the actual secret itself. The whys are brought to point often enough but not the hows, at least until I was almost too irritated to care. The other part of the 'secret' when revealed was the almost the flippant, teenage way it was handled. No, that was not an incident that should have been cared for by bullying back. At least not to me. Too many concerns with that part of the story.
Then the other part of the arson (vi
Suze
3.5*
A natural disaster on two legs is Gavin, a lovable rogue sort of character. Life has dealt him hard knocks but he has turned out good despite all that.
Jace is the kid all grown up but despite their initial meeting showing promise, he disappears back to college, not returning any of Gavin's calls.
The main thrust of the story is finding out why Jace had such a change of heart, and it is not pretty for all involved.
Gavin's dad also shows up like a bad penny, bringing upset to Gavin. Though I di
Brina Brady
Another excellent book by A.M. Arthur. She is on my auto buy list. I think I only missed out on her first two books because they don't seem to be in print anywhere at the moment. So, this week, I read all her books and loved each and every book. Looking forward to her next book. This story was sweet and made me cry. It was a loving story. As always, I loved her characters, writing and plot. I didn't want it to end.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I didn't like this one as much as the first two, and I think that's mainly due to the fact that a horrible crime is overlooked and, once again, the perpetrator gets away with it thanks to a society all-too-willing to victim blame. I don't know how any progress is to be made in our heavily biased rape culture if even our fictional entertainment leans heavily on the side of keeping things quiet.
Eve
Another great story in this series. A mix between coming of age and finding yourself, Gavin and Jace's story was at times giddy, and at times heart wrenching. Some loose ends from previous books are tied up and some new shockers come to light. A bit of darkness towards the end that haunts Jace but Gavin is there to help him through it.

Would love to see more of them in the future!
Janie
Well if Jace and Gavin aren't just the cutest couple I don't know who is. I really liked that Jace was such a sweet guy who was so afraid to be himself and then he meets up with Gavin and realizes everything he has ever wanted is with him. They make a great couple and I really liked that Gavin stood up to not only his dad but to Jordan as well.
  • Fever Pitch (Love Lessons, #2)
  • Intervention
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma, #3)
  • Sole Support
  • Bad Attitude (Bad in Baltimore, #3)
  • Slam!
  • Meet Me in the Middle (Distance Between Us, #3)
  • Candy Man
  • Sibling Rivals
  • Aiden's Luck (Seattle Stories, #3)
  • Biochemistry (Chemistry, #2)
  • An Immoveable Solitude
  • Spirit Sanguine (Sanguine, #1)
  • Brothers of the Wild North Sea
  • Sinner, Savior (Brooklyn Sinners, #2)
No stranger to the writing world, A.M. Arthur has been creating stories in her head since she was a child and scribbling them down nearly as long. She credits an early fascination with male friendships and "bromance" (and "The Young Riders") with her later discovery of and subsequent affair with m/m romance stories. When not writing, she can be found in her kitchen, pretending she's an amateur che ...more
More about A.M. Arthur...

Cost of Repairs (5 books)
  • Cost of Repairs (Cost of Repairs, #1)
  • Color of Grace (Cost of Repairs, #2)
  • Acts of Faith (Cost of Repairs #4)
  • Foundation of Trust (Cost of Repairs, #5)
Cost of Repairs (Cost of Repairs, #1) Unearthing Cole (Discovering Me, #1) The Truth as He Knows It (Perspectives #1) No Such Thing (Belonging #1) Color of Grace (Cost of Repairs, #2)