Start by marking “The Last Execution” as Want to Read:
The Last Execution

The Last Execution

To survive, she must put the past behind her. To love, she must learn to trust.

Homicide detective Leigh McBride's first assignment with the FBI brings her face-to-face with a past she's tried hard to forget. And when her temporary partner, a cynical ex-marine, lights a fire in her she thought long-extinguished, her darkest secret is threatened.

Scarred both physically and e
Published February 22nd 2013 by The Wild Rose Press; Crimson Rose

To ask other readers questions about The Last Execution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Execution

Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
May 10, 2013 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it really liked it
LoveIt
An engrossing suspense with lots of subplots that all work out to a very satisfying karma like conclusion.

A killer is stalking and killing men that have wrong women. When a FBI task force is assembled catch him, Homicide detective Leigh McBride is assigned as a liaison. Leigh was a very interesting character. She has a very ugly past that she has fought to overcome and has tried so hard to move on from it and be the best mother and detective she can. She is thrilled to have this chance to work
MsRomanticReads

Special Agent J.T. Noble and Detective Leigh McBride are great characters with a lot of emotional baggage. J.T has issues with abandonment and alcoholism, and he’s convinced that the disease is hereditary and refuses to ever marry and start a family. If there are three things J.T. can’t stand, they are drunks, liars and bad mothers. He is a man of few words and has a (cute) habit of talking in four word sentences. He keeps to himself mostly, but still shares an easy camaraderie with his boss and
Rose Wynters
Jun 11, 2013 Rose Wynters rated it it was amazing
Open the first page and step into the chilling world of Jerrie Alexander's book, The Last Execution.....

This book started out with a bang, literally. It's Tuesday, April 20, at 9:15 a.m. and Doyle Preston has just shot a police officer. A little over twenty-four hours later, we are in an FBI office as Detective Leigh McBride makes her entrance. She is beautiful and extremely professional, sent to work with this task force as a liaison to capture a deadly and dangerous sniper.

Partnered with Speci
Jackie
Jul 20, 2013 Jackie rated it it was amazing
As most of you know I don’t normally read and review too many suspense novels. I’ve never been a person into the John Grisham and Dan Brown kinda suspense/ thriller books. But, when Jerrie asked me to review another of her books I couldn’t pass it up. I’m so glad I didn’t. The Last Execution takes us on a wild ride through Atlanta chasing a vigilante sniper. We soon learn that it’s not just the sniper we have to worry about. We must also face Leigh’s ex-boyfriend/rapist/stalker. With two ...more
Hbeebti
Aug 06, 2013 Hbeebti rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
This was really good. I had to stay up late just to finish this.

There is a vigilantly killer on the loose, who is killing men who have slipped through the cracks. Their crimes are bad but not what you would originally think. The FBI task force is on the case and has brought in Homicide detective Leigh McBride to help with the case. This is when Leigh and FBI J.T meet and its a rocky start. They want to catch this killer and yet they don't know what to make of each other ( they are partners) and
Crystal's Many Reviewers
Jun 10, 2013 Crystal's Many Reviewers rated it really liked it
Who doesn’t love the vigilante who does justice when the police can’t do anything? Well I for one do, so I was really excited when I started reading this book. The blurb drew me in and I couldn’t wait to start reading it.

Overall, the characters were extremely well written. You could tell who was who just by the way they were talking. Being able to write an innocent woman and then switch to a sociopath is an amazing skill. One that Jerrie was able to complete without any issues.

My only complai
Illustrious Illusions
Jun 13, 2013 Illustrious Illusions rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, 2013, ebook, suspense
The Last Execution grabbed me from the first time I read the description. I admit I am sucker for romantic suspense and well men-in-uniform is a bonus. Jerrie Alexander didn't disappoint for me. She is definitely going on my must read for future books.

The Last Execution is well written with characters that face situations that a reader can relate to on some level whether it has happened to you or not. The heroine, Leigh, is trying to make it in a man's world after past issues make her a media s
Barb Han
Apr 16, 2013 Barb Han rated it it was amazing
Riveting, Romantic, Expertly Crafted -- I read this author's first book, The Green-Eyed Doll, and LOVED it. Now with this offering, she's on my auto-buy list! The way Ms. Alexander writes suspense has me literally tense and holding my breath as I'm reading. Only I'm so engrossed in the story, I don't realize it until I've finished the passage. The romance is seamless in the story and it heightened the tension for me. J.T. is my kind of hero! And I love the fact that Leigh is the only one who ...more
Misty Dietz
May 14, 2013 Misty Dietz rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! It's been a while since I read a book where one of the antagonists is also sympathetic. Very, very interesting as I found myself almost rooting for that individual.

There were a variety of characters, but I never felt lost, and they definitely added to the story. I liked how Leigh's son supported her role, but he wasn't on every single page.

JT was HOT! I love a sexy, take charge hero and he didn't disappoint. The fact that he had issues he needed to work through as well
Jo-Ann Carson
Jun 05, 2013 Jo-Ann Carson rated it really liked it
Jerrie Alexander's clean prose style swept me into her well-paced romantic-suspense. Her compelling characters are flawed and wholesome in all the right ways, the kind of people you'd like to have as friends. A talented writer her turn of phrase captures every moment:
"Seconds turned into an eternity as life shifted to a crawl."
"Originally, the idea of working with her hadn't bothered him, but the lady had secrets. And secrets could get you killed."
The plot had me reading every word and turning t
Ellis Vidler
May 23, 2013 Ellis Vidler rated it it was amazing
The Last Execution is a real page-turner. I read until late in the night to see what happened to the characters I loved. J.T. and especially Leigh, the main characters, have more than their share of trouble, but their motives for their present actions are plausible. I sympathized with most of the characters (but not all :-). The writing is strong too, and the author's depictions of Atlanta neighborhoods make me think she's spent time there.
Ms. Alexander knows how to deliver a story. I can’t wai
Jen_C
3-1/2 Stars. Would have given it a bit higher but our characters were a bit wishy-washy in a sense. Talk about giving mixed signals. Hard to keep up with where his mind was at at times. I felt like I missed a conversation or something.
Vivian
Apr 21, 2013 Vivian rated it really liked it
It was predictable. But it still kept my interest til the end of the story. There were a few errors, but seems like it happens a lot on ereads. The author told a decent story.
Rjsmommy
May 12, 2013 Rjsmommy rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one...and it was free through Amazon Prime so who can complain.
Emily
When Homicide Leigh McBride is assigned to a serial killer case as a liaison to the FBI, she knows this is not an opportunity given lightly. Assigned to partner with Agent J.T. Noble, he is standoffish but there is a part of him that she can relate too.

J.T knows Leigh's personal life is not his business, he has spent his whole life keeping people at a distance but he sees that there is more to her than just a detective. J.T. has no idea about the horrific past Leigh has, nor the fact that the s
InD'tale Magazine
“Pulling the trigger was like making love. Take your time, use a gentle hand, and then enjoy a sweet reward”. Turns out, those opening lines are also like the writing in this book.

Read full review in the 2013 July/August double issue of InD’tale Magazine.

Sandra
Aug 04, 2013 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Great Story - loved J.T. and Leigh's chemistry and the action and suspense was very well written. Hope to continue reading her other books later. Leigh's charactr is one I loved. HIghly Recommended book!
Lhenry
May 05, 2013 Lhenry rated it liked it
Engrossing and I liked the subplot with JT's mother but the book as a whole didn't quite capture my imagination
Carlee
Apr 22, 2013 Carlee rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the story, characters & writing.
Melissa
May 22, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it
pretty good.
Jackie P
Jun 26, 2013 Jackie P rated it it was amazing
This story kept me interested with it's twists and turns. The characters all have their own individual issues to work through and when they work together, they are stronger for it. The premise of a sniper targeting women abusers is a smart turn for the author to take...abuse touches many people. You almost catch yourself rooting for the guy. The story takes another twist and the author takes you into places that make you think about what is really going on. The romance is woven in subtly then ...more
Kerry
Nov 08, 2013 Kerry rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The Last Execution was a fantastic story. Full of suspense, drama, romance, & the most adorably written little boy who has a huge part in this story. There is the usual trust issues between the H & H, romance, and a vgilante killer, who, even though you may not want to, you could find yourself actually liking just a little bit.
ARe Cafe
Oct 28, 2013 ARe Cafe rated it liked it
Shelves: trs-picks
An AReCafe contemporary romance reading list selection from TRS.
Rachel
Apr 13, 2013 Rachel rated it did not like it
Couldn't get past the first few chapters
Romancing the Book
Aug 30, 2015 Romancing the Book rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Julie
Book provided by the author
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

Leigh is a hard working professional in a male dominated field. As a homicide detective, Leigh walks a fine line everyday. When a sniper begins killing people, the FBI moves in and begins running the investigation, leaving Leigh to tag along with FBI agent, J.T. Noble.

J.T. is an ex-marine with a bit of an edge. He’s not much of a talker and it’s like pulling teeth to get him to open up to Leigh about the case, muc
Ann
Sep 16, 2016 Ann rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I have a feeling that this was a fine book of its type, but the author has a quirk I couldn't get past. Took me awhile to figure it out. The names of the persons being addressed, who are talking, or who are on the scene are constantly being used in their entirety. That's because using only a pronoun -- he or she -- wouldn't be clear as written. I think this author would write much more smoothly and with fewer reading stumbles if she tried substituting "he" or "she" as appropriate. If that's not ...more
Clare O'Beara
Dec 06, 2014 Clare O'Beara rated it it was ok
Shelves: america-crime
I did find this an improvement over the author's first work.
A man fires a rifle and cold-bloodedly murders an Atlanta officer. Only as the police are well into investigating three cases do they notice that the bullets were all fired to enter a brick wall and ruin their calibration markings. They consider that the perpetrator knows too much about investigative techniques. Or, I suppose he just watches CSI. Doyle Preston, the gunman, is determined to get away with his callous actions. He considers
Sue
Aug 29, 2016 Sue rated it it was amazing
I was entranced with the unique, fast paced plot of The Last Execution by Jerrie Alexander. The whole concept of this plot, and the vigilante, sucked me right in and I really enjoyed it. Leigh and J.T. both have a past they are hiding, but soon the past overlaps with the present and no one seems safe. As they work together soon things take more of a personal turn, on the job and off the job. There are challenges, danger, hope and second chances all rolled up perfectly in The Last Execution.

I rea
Rolynn Anderson
Mar 30, 2014 Rolynn Anderson rated it it was amazing
(Taut suspense and characters you’ll care about)

Leigh is an Atlanta cop on loan to a Fed task force, headed by J.T., an imposing, brooding man of few words. She’s bright, but puts barriers up when it comes to information about her son and who his father is. As the cops hunt for a serial killer, her past catches up to her, complicating her relationship with J.T. and the task force. If she can’t deal with the devil in her past, she’ll lose her career, her son and her chance at love.
  • Safe in His Arms (Manhunt, #1)
  • Trial by Fire (All Fired Up, #2)
  • Selling Out (The Lost Girls, #2)
  • An Eye For Danger
  • Love On The Ropes
  • Dirty Dare: The Rescue (Dirty Dare, #1)
  • Last Chance to Run  (Slye Temp #0.5)
  • Blindsided (Sentinel Securities, #1)
  • Sweet Revenge (New Orleans Trilogy, #2)
  • Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)
  • Her Mother's Killer
  • Sins From Her Past (Scandalous, #1)
  • The Blue Dolphin (Desert Heat, #2)
  • Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando)
  • Busted (Promise Harbor Wedding, #3)
  • No Flag
  • Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs, #1)
  • Inked by an Angel (The Cupid Chronicles, #1)
A student of creative writing in my youth, I set aside my passion when life presented me with a John Wayne husband, and two wonderful children. A career in logistics offered me the opportunity to travel to many beautiful locations in America, and I revisit them in my romantic suspense novels.

The characters went with me, talked to me, and insisted I share their dark, sexy stories with others. I wr
More about Jerrie Alexander...